Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 22, 2013 8:33 AM

Mar 2008
This series is a complete joke. Spoiler ahead...

Yui and Yuuya are half-siblings? After going through all those shits in the anime now you tell me they're half-siblings!? I shall continue to ship Yui x Yuuya and pretend I didn't know about the ending...

Yuuya somehow ended up picking Cryska over Yui?! Only to have Cryska dead a few days later due to lack of esper med?!

Latrova and her "children" are not dead?!

And what's with that lame-ass ending? What happened to all the wonderful elements that make MLA what it is today!?

Unacceptable!

From a fan perspective (MLA as a whole) Total Eclipse's story is complete trash. I appreciate the first two anime original episodes but that's about it. They should not waste their budget on this at all.

Source: http://pastebin.com/hNCBauyw

laser fort class:
KaminaKaiMay 22, 2013 8:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2013 8:25 AM

Jan 2012
*jaw drop to everything* @@
May 24, 2013 10:28 AM
May 2012
So it was released only for xbox/PS3. Are they planning to make PC version ? I didn't read whole spoiler thing but I'm already disappointed due Yuuya picking Cryska over Yui?! Also ending sounds like a shit. Why ML always make japanese chars suffer most lol.
Jun 6, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2008
I am also disappointed that Yui got left out after all the building up and shipping the two to be a pair... but that's the reality -.-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2013 1:50 PM
Nov 2012
Oh God .. what is this madness.
Jun 22, 2013 12:22 AM
Aug 2009
whatever it may be this is MuvLuv what did you expect? kinda suprised that most of the cast made it alive. Still BETA isnt exacly what it was in MLA but better than anime i think
Jul 3, 2013 4:37 AM

Oct 2010
I don't understand why the ending has to be heartbreaking to make it it good. Staying alive and having a some-what happy end doesn't make it less believable. So who actually survived in the end?
Jul 18, 2013 4:14 PM
May 2013
Crimson_Cloud said:
I don't understand why the ending has to be heartbreaking to make it it good. Staying alive and having a some-what happy end doesn't make it less believable. So who actually survived in the end?
Hey! So this is my first post on any anime website whatsoever, but seeing as I've watched pretty much everything XD, and meddled around with a few VNs and games here and there, I thought it might be cool to actually participate in one of these websites :).
Anyways, to answer your question, if I remember correctly nobody except Cryska died. I honestly don't understand why Age did this, and frankly, seeing how they said they were having financial issues, I think this might be the end of the rope for them as a company. Sad, yes, but it seems that they just can't create material like they used to :(.
Jul 21, 2013 5:02 AM

Oct 2010
That pretty much sucks for me as I love Cryska. Bull... ;_;
But yeah thanks for the info, even though I got the answer a few days ago.

They're having financial issues? Aren't Chronicles selling well?
Jul 22, 2013 9:59 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah the story is total fucking shit one of the worse I checked out ever. They should stop with the mecha story and instead do a school story like Muv-Luv Altered Fable.
Jul 23, 2013 5:00 PM

Oct 2010
They could do Extra version with Total Eclipse. We have a great verity of girls there to suit everyone's need.
*sigh* Shame that they screwed up. Except for Meiya, I pretty much loved the TE cast over original.
Oct 4, 2013 4:32 PM
Dec 2010
this sucks... if its true, i don't think i would enjoy watching second season anymore...
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Oct 14, 2013 10:08 PM

Feb 2008
Man, if what you're saying is true...that really sucks ass. Not too surprised though. The anime had potential, but it became increasingly underwhelming towards the end.
In sterquiliniis invenitur.
Nov 18, 2013 6:56 AM
Aug 2013
Quick post here as I know fair bit about what happened in the game (without playing it), but does anyone know what happened to Cui Yufei ?
Dec 22, 2013 8:23 PM

Apr 2011
I actually thought about it for 1 second

when they started talking about food and their father

the first thing that came into my head is : "do they have the same father?"
Jun 9, 2014 10:33 AM

May 2013
Well similarly to many people above, I would probably not enjoy a second season based on what I have read. Yui is probably the character we know the most about, so choosing an ending without her is kinda lame. At least for me, it is easier to connect with Yui but whatever. Them being siblings is the worst possible thing and killing off Cryska...
TomangoJun 9, 2014 3:52 PM
Jun 26, 2014 3:08 PM

Jun 2012
So everyone ends up alone?
Jun 26, 2014 3:13 PM
Aug 2012
So are the Chronicles any better than this or just another cash in?
Jun 26, 2014 3:23 PM

Oct 2013
That's disappointing, and here I was hoping for a second season.:(

Jun 28, 2014 11:09 AM
Feb 2014
Total Eclipse as a whole is basically a bad copy-pasta of MLA in order to reproduce its success. Hopefully it didn't sell too well.
Jul 21, 2014 1:29 PM
May 2014
zeke555 said:
Crimson_Cloud said:
Hey! So this is my first post on any anime website whatsoever, but seeing as I've watched pretty much everything XD, and meddled around with a few VNs and games here and there, I thought it might be cool to actually participate in one of these websites :).
Anyways, to answer your question, if I remember correctly nobody except Cryska died. I honestly don't understand why Age did this, and frankly, seeing how they said they were having financial issues, I think this might be the end of the rope for them as a company. Sad, yes, but it seems that they just can't create material like they used to :(.
She seriously died in the game?! NO WAY. F*ck them
Jul 21, 2014 1:34 PM
May 2014
KAMIOPPAI said:
This series is a complete joke. Spoiler ahead...

Yui and Yuuya are half-siblings? After going through all those shits in the anime now you tell me they're half-siblings!? I shall continue to ship Yui x Yuuya and pretend I didn't know about the ending...

Yuuya somehow ended up picking Cryska over Yui?! Only to have Cryska dead a few days later due to lack of esper med?!

Latrova and her "children" are not dead?!

And what's with that lame-ass ending? What happened to all the wonderful elements that make MLA what it is today!?

Unacceptable!

From a fan perspective (MLA as a whole) Total Eclipse's story is complete trash. I appreciate the first two anime original episodes but that's about it. They should not waste their budget on this at all.

Source: http://pastebin.com/hNCBauyw

laser fort class:
This was all in the game? Jesus, if they will make the second season like that, it will definetely s*ck. Omg. Seriously? Making Yui and Cryska as Main charachters i expected something that he has to pick one of them. No way. This must be a damn joke.
Jun 14, 2015 6:45 PM

Apr 2015
I'm done, just no, that didn't happen I reject the existance of that ending. I had a strange feeling that they may be brother and sister, but I was sure they wouldn't play it off like that. I knew I wouldn't get the visual novel, so I didn't mind the spoiler, but after reading that I reject that as being part of the story.
Jun 19, 2015 7:51 AM
Jun 2015
Really-.- Well I enjoyed season 1 and I am very satisfied with the happy ending but I was hoping that Yuuya and Yui with become lovers <3 Anyway great anime and let's hope maybe someone someday will make a season 2!
Nov 2, 2015 6:21 AM
Dec 2013
is there a pc version of the vn for total eclipse? download/buying link pls
Nov 22, 2015 6:30 AM
May 2015
woaaah the ending really suck... even after they introducing yui so much for the first 2 episode.. i just hope they'll never make the continuation for the season 2 except if they change the ending.
Dec 6, 2015 8:14 PM

Jun 2007
And there was me thinking the "Rivals in love" ending of the anime was bad enough...

Tbh, given I only liked series when lead was an arrogant twat and Yui an uptight military bitch, I probably would've enjoyed the half-siblings lulz. As well as magic twin girl dying.
Dec 18, 2015 4:30 AM

Apr 2011
picks Cryska but ends up dead. lol

Guy ahould should just pick both of them since they need to make more babies with how few humans are left.

Well F*ck this ending.
Jan 4, 2016 9:55 PM
Feb 2015
This is the way of the Muv-Luv. T^T
Jan 17, 2016 9:27 PM
Mar 2015
What THE FUCK was that ending? So what are those twins? I am watching Schwarzes Marken on CR....and now I think....will they also fuck up the ending??
Jan 27, 2016 8:53 PM

Jun 2013
What a bad ending for Total Eclipse! Too sad for Yuya and Yui!
I don't understand why the writter make the ending like this: Cryska's die, Yui and Yuya're half- siblings.
You are right, what a joke ending.
Jan 30, 2016 10:32 PM

Nov 2014
ryanstrike said:
What a bad ending for Total Eclipse! Too sad for Yuya and Yui!
I don't understand why the writter make the ending like this: Cryska's die, Yui and Yuya're half- siblings.
You are right, what a joke ending.
Yeah, that is pretty sad, I liked both Cryska and Yui but I would think that Yui would be a better choice, and wtf is with the half-siblings stuff, it was shipping Yui x Yuuya pretty nicely in the TV series, but why, just why?

Now they just need a "Muv-Luv Alternative: Alternative Ending" because I refuse to accept this ending as well...
Jan 31, 2016 8:00 PM

Apr 2013
Yuuya x Cryska

So my shipping end up sailing and then explode.. WTF.. so Cryska end up dead.. common.. just let Cryska have happy ending..
Feb 3, 2016 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
calitokhun said:
What THE FUCK was that ending? So what are those twins? I am watching Schwarzes Marken on CR....and now I think....will they also fuck up the ending??

Schwarzesmarken will lead a different kind of ending, and overall, it's so much better than Total Eclipse. TE is such a mess, while Schwarzesmarken is dark, but the story is just better and better.
Feb 5, 2016 8:46 PM

Jan 2008
ALL I GOTTA SAY IS... YEAH... TOTAL ECLIPSE REALLY DROPPED THE BALL, LIKE YOU HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS GUY, EVEN I AGREED TO HIS AS WELL CUZ I PLAYED IT ON PS3 AND PC, AND I FELT...... REALLY DISAPPOINTED, I FELT REALLY SORRY FOR YUUYA IN THIS ONE.. LIKE SERIOUSLY, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO DISAPPOINTED IN ANY SERIES IN MUV-LUV FRANCHISE BEFORE... ANYWAYS, THAT'S THE REASON WHY SEASON 2 OR SEQUEL HAS NOT BEEN MADE DUE TO COMPLETE MESS THE STORY IS..... AND THAT'S THE REASON WHY THE ORIGINAL MUV-LUV SERIES SHOULD COME AS THE NEXT MUV-LUV ANIME AFTER SCHWARZESMARKEN.
Feb 8, 2016 3:45 AM

Jul 2013
I was hoping for a 2nd season until I read about the Incest part and Cryska dying which has completely changed my mind. I haven't played the visual novel but I loved the anime series and if it is going to turn out the visual novel route then I'm happy to say the ending of the anime series is satisfying at least. Though I would prefer if he did select Yui and cut out or choose Cryska without her dying.
Feb 9, 2016 7:50 AM

Apr 2013
i think the author trying to have a win win situation over this shipping war.. In the end Yui is alive and have Yuuya as his big brother while Cryska end up being Yuuya girls but ... well sad ending..

Unless the author make two different ending in Anime just like Amagami did LOL
May 11, 2017 6:26 AM
Jan 2013
KaminaKai said:

laser fort class:

I'd be like Hudson from Aliens:

Apr 8, 2019 4:34 AM
Jun 2017
thats really f'd up
bit*h, i rewatched muv lux total, hope to get season 2, go to check myanime and f'd up
really? yui and yuuya is one of best romance in mecha anime, and cryska has died? the fuk
bout fikatsia glad she alive, dunno bout the next story , i didnt read novel
Oct 10, 2020 1:55 PM
Feb 2019
The sheer idiocy exerted from these comments is remarkable. It is extremely disappointing to know that 90% of the fanbase only cares about romance in this franchise.

If you guys only watched the anime then yeah it's understandable but coming from those who claimed to be MLA fan you guys are embarrassing the fanbase with all these salt.

Yui is a major badass lieutenant of the UN, she has no need for petty romance to move on with her goal. She had been drowned in despair, constantly fighting all sorts of enemies from BETA to even human for political gain, and she would continue to do so against any kind of ordeal. That's the way she is, you can tell that much from just her flashback story alone. If you can't figure out something that simple then you ain't even worthy of being Yui fan lmao. Peace out.
Oct 7, 2021 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse English version is coming this winter!
https://twitter.com/muvluvseries/status/1408266301122899969
Jun 24, 2022 8:44 PM
Feb 2015
planetwarrior said:

The release date supposedly got confirm now. It's 30 July.
I'm saying supposedly cause it may get delayed again. XD
Jun 24, 2022 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
ixarising said:
planetwarrior said:

yeah took them long.
Jun 25, 2022 9:41 AM
Feb 2015
planetwarrior said:
ixarising said:

yeah took them long.

Typical Age/Anchor. It's always delayed or push out.

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.