Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Jul 2011
RediceRyan said:
I'd like a sequel, but it would be hard to beat the first one.
Since, the relationship between Yomi and Kagura made this so good.

I know that's what made this one of my favorite anime!

And they don't have to follow everything about the manga. They can even go their own way, taking bits from the manga.

But either way I would love a sequel. I don't care for the guy that is in the manga, so they can get rid of him IMO. What i care about is what happens to Kagura and Yomi.
Nov 24, 2013 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
As much as I want to see the story continue, I believe that they won't because of one simple reason:

The original protagonist Kensuke.

The anime is so different that it eneded up attracting a different audience. A large part of said audience were fans of the relationship between Kagura and Yomi and were not pleased with Kensuke once they read the manga. Not the only reason for sure, but it's the one that stands out the most. I think it's sad that it will never see daylight because of shipping reasons.
Jul 19, 2014 3:35 PM

Feb 2014
(May contain spoilers) - As i thought..... the manga replaced Yomi and Kagura relationship by Kensuke and Kagura relationship. I really didn't like it, because Kagura and Yomi >>> Kagura and Kensuke. I felt some kind of betrayed by this replace. What make, in my opinion, Ga-Rei awesome, is the (especially, but no only) relationship between Kagura and Yomi, and in the manga they just broke this relationship and put a guy to replace Yomi. From now on (from the manga), Yomi went to the "corner" of the story, they (Kagura x Yomi) didn't have anymore relation, like speeches about after Yomi died and etc. (and will be a time, that Yomi disappears from story - in the manga). I think they just should have continued with the relationship line of Kagura and Yomi (instead of Kagura x Kensuke) in the manga too, and at the same time, involve other factors (sesshuseki, mitogawa, kyubi, Shizuru, and setusna etc) as it did in relation line between Kagura and Kensuke. In other words, instead of the existence of the Kagura and Kensuke relationship, we would continue with Yomi and Kagura relationship as the main relation in the manga. PS.: In the manga, Kagura forgot how to handle a sword..? She is a master with a sword in the anime, and in the manga she didn't even uses a sword only once to kill a spirit...? It's disappointing. PS2.: I really love the anime -> 9-10/10. About the manga... is not that i disliked it, but is not that i liked it... what i was looking for (in the manga) didn't happen (as i wrote above), and therefore, i'm not the right person to give a "real" opinion of the manga.
TechOtakuJul 19, 2014 3:55 PM
Aug 9, 2014 12:31 AM
Jun 2009
zero chance.
Dec 1, 2014 4:11 PM

Jul 2014
As much as I want s2, I'll have to agree that it won't happen because the anime makes us feel for shipping Kagura x Yomi for the whole season. As one who hasn't read the manga yet, I'm not sure how Kagura x Kensuke would be a good match after all this brainwashing.
Feb 4, 2015 5:49 PM

Jun 2014
It will be repetitive so NO.

May 16, 2015 9:18 AM

Nov 2014
Sequel with 24eps (Manga had 52) so a solid 1 episode = 2 manga chapters and make a few cuts here and there and voila we have a terrific series.

As a person who finished the manga I for one enjoyed it. This Yomi x Kagura shipping y'all talking about is possible but if you read the manga then you'll know what im talking about
will be present to destroy your ship.

The manga was pretty good. iirc it was around 3-4 solid arcs though the last one was kinda short but it was on the way to end the series anyway. Plus they did not show any of the characters' background at all in the manga. With this being the prequel to the manga then a sequel should be on the mix to support the manga.

Manga had no backstory at all just flashbacks of what happend before. Ga-Rei: Zero is the back story to the manga so maybe an adaptation? or nah? i don't know myself but I WANT this to have a sequel beause of Shizuru is BEST GIRL!
Jun 24, 2015 2:38 AM

Jun 2008
Manga is a shit compared to this anime.
If they ever plan on making a sequel they should throw the manga out of the window and hire the scriptwriter and director of this anime to do a new original story as a sequel.
Jul 21, 2015 8:59 AM

Oct 2014
I hope so I loved the anime
Jan 25, 2016 8:46 AM

Feb 2014
Monad said:
Manga is a shit compared to this anime.
If they ever plan on making a sequel they should throw the manga out of the window and hire the scriptwriter and director of this anime to do a new original story as a sequel.

+1

Completely agree with you. 'Zenbu'!
Oct 3, 2016 1:14 PM

Feb 2013
No point in sequel without Yomi
Jan 13, 2019 4:09 AM

Feb 2015
We don't need it, Ga-Rei: Zero had no right being as great as it was, the manga is very mediocre.

Dec 16, 2019 6:30 PM

Jan 2018
Tatsukun said:
I don't read manga at all, so I don't really know too much about Ga-Rei, but I watched Ga-Rei -Zero- and fell in love with it. I was wondering if anyone had heard any news about them possibly taking the actual manga and making a 2nd season of the show. I did not even know there was a manga and after episode 12 I thought they left it open for her to hunt down that white haired kid. I really hope they make a 2nd season and it should be an adaptation of the manga since I think Kagura is the main character in that.

I come from the future and still there is no season 2
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.