Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2013 5:39 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
According to Baka-Updates Manga, this should be the last chapter, not 207. Unless there is some bonus chapter I'm aware of (hope that is the case).

About this chapter, I was a bit wary as to how this was going to end based on the previous chapters in this final volume. I wasn't sure I liked how things were concluding so fast each chapter. One thing that I did not like too much was the fight between Manji and Anotsu. I had wish it would have played out a bit longer or been a bit more serious since I was thinking that would be the climactic end for the Itto-ryu.

I think this chapter redeemed some of those previous chapters (for me anyway). I was a bit surprised that there was a 90 year time skip as well, but glad that old immortal lady showed up again. I was hoping we would see her again in this final volume. And history seems to be repeating itself with Manji being introduced to one of Rin's descendents and being asked to be a bodyguard for her. Quite the interesting way to end this. I must admit, I had thought this manga would end with Manji fulfilling his role as a bodyguard and finally being able to die at peace. Seems I was quite wrong on that regard.
VitaXMay 11, 2013 5:43 PM
May 12, 2013 6:57 PM

Aug 2007
A nice ending... Made me feel kinda melancholic... Still, I was glad it finally ended, the series was greatly entertaining, but the super over-the-top fights began to drag a bit (Like the more realistic style of Vagabond better personally). I felt it shouldn't have gone on much longer... Although I was kinda curious how Rin's life would've developed itself, with her getting a family and all.. But on the other hand, maybe it is better to leave that to the imagination...
May 13, 2013 3:07 AM
Jul 2011
Finally, the end has arrived. Samura being doing this for about 19-20 years, wow.

Manji vs. Anoutsu final fight was surprisingly brief compared to most previous fights but seems there was no other way to stretch it out with dragging the story along anymore.

Overall I enjoyed the ride of the series, I was kind of disappointed there wasn't any showing for Rin's life post-her and Manji splitting up, there wasn't even a proper farewall for the two. She just ended up bawwing in front of Hyakurin and it just went into the 90 year time jump afterwards. During the downtime of Rin getting her revenge her and Manji would always have these moments and I figured all that build-up would lead to a proper parting of ways, face-to-face, of the two in the very end.

Anoutsu final words and feelings were pretty sad, Magatsu highlighted that fact further in the end.

Manji meeting Rin's (great?) granddaugther was a very nice touch though, in a swordless era who better to be her bodyguard than an immortal. Could easy make a whole new series off the adventure(s) of that but it's a good place to finally say farewell to Blade of Immortal.
Gen2K_May 13, 2013 3:24 AM
Jun 4, 2013 5:38 AM

Feb 2010
An end of an era, both for the age of sword and the run of this manga.

For people who have religiously followed Manji and Rin's journey, the three way crash between Manji, Itto ryu and Habaki's Mugai-ryu/Rokki-Dan has came to an end. The extermination of Itto ryu and Rokki-Dan just inevitable puts more burden on the shoulders of the remaining survivors. When the numbers trim down even further, every significant face-off between them represents a lot more than before. It was an intense and exhausting ride till the end.

I have high praise for the exquisite art, the action scenes were grotesque and impeccably elegant to follow through. The beauty is a sight to behold. This is Hiroaki Samura at his very best, asides from his Ero-Guro works.
Apr 24, 2017 11:52 AM

Dec 2015
That's an ending that left me smiling, nice.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 17, 2018 5:57 AM
Aug 2015
What a nice last chapter, even made me shed a little tear haha.
The art was just mindblowing and story interesting ( it was a bit hard with all the convos and so on in the later parts, dragged on for a bit)
BotI was a pretty entertaining read and this was a really good way to end it !
Aug 6, 2023 7:38 AM
May 2019
Man what a ride. It was good to get some closure on the other characters in the previous chapter. Rin bawling her eyes out infront of Hyakurin because she knows she wouldn't see Manji ever again was kind of sad. Seeing Manji ninety years in the future,I wonder if he still thought about Rin all those years. Being an immortal life sure passes quicker...or slower? Since he's still alive I guess he's got more to atone for. Thank you Hiroaki Samura.
May 13, 3:11 PM

Jan 2020
Pretty decent epilogue, kinda like the "and the adventure continues" throughout the generations. Makes sense cuz manji's immortal. Its cute he's a "yojimbo" for rin's granddaughter now (in an era of mostly peace).

It was pretty sad seeing Rin and Manji not interact with eachother for the final time, rin cried because she wouldnt see him again. I get why Manji nor Rin could see each other though, Rin was up for sacrifing herself incase if the itto ryou family remnants attacked her. Manji was already adamant on not letting Rin get hurt. Still wish there was atleast a proper farewell but oh well.

Fight choreography lowkey kinda sucked ass in the beginning, could barely follow it. But it does improve overtime of course. The final round of Manji vs Shira is still my favorite fight in the manga for sure.

Good manga overall, I thought the first half was pretty strong but it really starts to drag out in the middle. It kinda picks up the pace again near the end but still. That immortality experiment arc could've been skimmed a bit imo.
man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 204 Discussion

a1oner - Apr 23, 2013

7 by astoneon »»
May 13, 2:51 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 197 Discussion

VitaX - Jul 13, 2012

12 by astoneon »»
May 11, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 181 Discussion

joe_g7 - Apr 23, 2017

1 by astoneon »»
May 9, 6:52 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 184 Discussion

LiarK - Oct 16, 2011

5 by astoneon »»
May 9, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Blade of the Immortal Chapter 168 Discussion

joe_g7 - Apr 23, 2017

2 by astoneon »»
May 8, 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.