Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 12, 2013 10:19 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
May 12, 2013 11:12 PM

Mar 2013
Good choice Shidou!, Durian bread is good!, and they have it in their school *drools*

There are Kurumi panties illustration in the LN.
May 13, 2013 12:20 AM

Oct 2012
This episode more good than previous episode.

and finally kurumi's apperance (Yandere Time!!!). kurumi is bravo and awesome! i luv her! :D
May 13, 2013 12:26 AM

May 2008
Dammmmmmmmm. anime makes human life seem so insignificant . Well at least to Kurumi . More Yoshino please

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 13, 2013 1:50 AM
Apr 2013
Fallenkingzero said:
Well there was definitely way too much hype for Kurumi. Maybe she is better in the novel but she's definitely not what I was hoping for(sorry guys but her attitude toward those losers in the street repulsed me, but everybody is entitled to their opinion and she apparently has a huge fanbase. Their is still time though I could change my mind. I do like the rest of the girls though especially Oragami and Kotori.

Best part ever when Shido's sisters were fighting over him and Kotori said full siblings can't marry.

5/5

Don't worry. I like Kotori & Origami too. Although I also like Tohka too.(It seems that I like at least 3 girls per anime in general.)
albertrojasMay 13, 2013 1:57 AM
May 13, 2013 3:34 AM

Aug 2012
Origami and Tohka are still my favourites <:
May 13, 2013 4:52 AM

Sep 2011
Errr... not sure if she wants to kill Shido or she wants a fuck with Shido.

Anyway, her moaning out of the random is hilarious.

May 13, 2013 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
Tennouji_ said:

I'm leaning more towards fucking.
MagitoMay 14, 2013 4:09 AM
May 13, 2013 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The series thanks to this episode resumes at large, even if the plot does not offer that much in terms of news and remains on a linear track and devoid of originality of its kind. Narratively something interesting you notice it, but on the occasion of the clash between Mana and Kurumi, the scene of bloody even if I wanted to look at it, too bad. Good also the starting point in the house of Shidou, one more point almost always deserve the series thanks to the drawings almost always cute and perfect, as well as the colors are really beautiful and hit the spot! I hope this bow is fun, but so captivating and not only characterized by the harem and ecchi lowered!
May 13, 2013 7:30 AM

Dec 2012
the imouto quarrel was cute!!
i hope Kotori will remain as Shidou younger sister instead one of his harem
she's the best like now for me
May 13, 2013 7:37 AM

Feb 2013
that bitch wants the D
May 13, 2013 8:07 AM

Jul 2011
I think I'm in love.
講廢話,被撞到.
May 13, 2013 8:09 AM

Mar 2013
Tennouji_ said:

I think she wants to do both
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
May 13, 2013 8:31 AM

Dec 2012
Cederz said:
Tennouji_ said:

fuck and kill
what a great bitch ^^
May 13, 2013 8:53 AM

Mar 2013
Wonderful! When you look into her eye,you will always know what time it is !
May 13, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2009
A heterochromic yandere?

Sign me up!

If she gets conquered...man I'm looking forward to seeing her all cute with Shido =P
May 13, 2013 7:33 PM

May 2013
It has been decided Kurumi is best girl
Once Bitten, Twice Shy
May 13, 2013 8:03 PM

Jul 2012
one does not simply dislike the yandere girl.
May 13, 2013 9:56 PM

Feb 2012
I'm still not sold on the new spirit.
May 14, 2013 1:49 AM

Jan 2010
Yes. This girl is what this anime needs.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
May 14, 2013 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
The new female soldier is one of the best AST soldier and she has killed a spirit. Well, that is . . . good? I do not know. I always imagine that all the spirits are just innocent entity that did not what to do. So, maybe it is bad?
Another new spirit became a transferred student. I got the feeling that this spirit is one of the bad spirit. And considering that she has killed/ate several people, threatened to eat Shido . . . Yeah, she is definitely bad.
Another little sister for Shido. That is surprising and confusing at the same time.
So Shido likes durian fruit just like me. Nice taste you got there, Shido!

Araragi1337 said:

I think she is kind of . . . psychopath or something? Just look how she enjoyed killing bunch of person.

Cederz said:
Tennouji_ said:

What I comprehend is she want to kill him, then eat him. And yet some people love her. Maybe if she change her personality, I could like her.
I like anime.
May 14, 2013 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
The new female soldier is one of the best AST soldier and she has killed a spirit. Well, that is . . . good? I do not know. I always imagine that all the spirits are just innocent entity that did not what to do. So, maybe it is bad?
Another new spirit became a transferred student. I got the feeling that this spirit is one of the bad spirit. And considering that she has killed/ate several people, threatened to eat Shido . . . Yeah, she is definitely bad.
Another little sister for Shido. That is surprising and confusing at the same time.
So Shido likes durian fruit just like me. Nice taste you got there, Shido!

Araragi1337 said:

I think she is kind of . . . psychopath or something? Just look how she enjoyed killing bunch of person.

Cederz said:
Tennouji_ said:

What I comprehend is she want to kill him, then eat him. And yet some people love her. Maybe if she change her personality, I could like her.

What's wrong with her personality?
CederzMay 14, 2013 8:25 AM
Izayoi’s personal philosophy is “To suppress and control both the strong and weak.”
May 14, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2012
flame_tiong said:
kinda "huh?!" when they show shido the video, i know the spoiler, but i didnt expect "that kurumi" was that weak, or mana was that strong... but more shockingly, i never expect such bloody scene in this series...
Perhaps the spoiler you read does not spoil that much then... When Origami asked Mana about the spirit that she so famously killed, there is a reason for her being ambiguous.. and this has to do with Kurumi being weak yet only apparently so.

Fallenkingzero said:
Well there was definitely way too much hype for Kurumi. Maybe she is better in the novel but she's definitely not what I was hoping for(sorry guys but her attitude toward those losers in the street repulsed me
I wonder what hype you heard about Kurumi then, because one of the oft-mentioned hypes is how she is a mass killer and yandere that can still pull you in without you knowing it.

FallenGreek said:
The episode was awesome.. but 1 question... How the hell did you watched the episode yesterday since the subbed version got released today? o.O
Think he watched it when it was being broadcast in Japan TV, via some keyhole TV feed. Without subtitle of course. Just bear in mind that there are people who love to catch an anime as quickly as possible for whatever reason, regardless of whether they speak the language.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 14, 2013 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
i'm gonna love this arc...

she finally appear...

"full-blood siblings can't marry each other" -Kotori

LOL

xD
May 14, 2013 1:17 PM

May 2010
symbv said:
I wonder what hype you heard about Kurumi then, because one of the oft-mentioned hypes is how she is a mass killer and yandere that can still pull you in without you knowing it.

She was hyped because she managed to break the tiring "monster of the week" format this series was approaching and she has her own hidden agenda thing going on. She is also not a yandere, but it seems that 90% of people on these forums can't seem to comprehend what it actually means.
May 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2012
MarlyTT said:
She was hyped because she managed to break the tiring "monster of the week" format this series was approaching and she has her own hidden agenda thing going on. She is also not a yandere, but it seems that 90% of people on these forums can't seem to comprehend what it actually means.
Hmm.. . I don't really see there is "monster of the week" in this series. The are arcs for each spirit that lasts a few episodes and so I do not see how it becomes tiring. If anything Kurumi is just the third arc here. The pattern is still there.

As for yandere, well, from the behavior she is taking now, there are clearly the dere part (very strong in fact) and then there is the yan part (all those killing, which is probably aimed at Shido as well), and I guess if we do not limit ourselves to a narrow definition of yandere, then the combination of yan and dere elements for Kurumi can mean she is a yandere character, though I would agree that her case does not fit into the orthodox definition of the term.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 14, 2013 1:33 PM

May 2010
symbv said:
Hmm.. . I don't really see there is "monster of the week" in this series. The are arcs for each spirit that lasts a few episodes and so I do not see how it becomes tiring. If anything Kurumi is just the third arc here. The pattern is still there.

It becomes tiring because it's formulaic- A spirit is introduced while being completely clueless about their surroundings, and it gets captured. Rinse and repeat.

symbv said:
As for yandere, well, from the behavior she is taking now, there are clearly the dere part (very strong in fact) and then there is the yan part (all those killing, which is probably aimed at Shido as well), and I guess if we do not limit ourselves to a narrow definition of yandere, then the combination of yan and dere elements for Kurumi can mean she is a yandere character, though I would agree that her case does not fit into the orthodox definition of the term.

The correct term that you're trying to get at is a "yangire." I thought the implication was already pretty strong this episode that she doesn't actually 'love' Shidou in any sense of the word. As mentioned in the last part of the episode, she's after his power and plans on 'eating' him as she did with those thugs on the street.
May 14, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2012
MarlyTT said:
It becomes tiring because it's formulaic- A spirit is introduced while being completely clueless about their surroundings, and it gets captured. Rinse and repeat.
Maybe, but that does not mean she is not "monster of the week" that you were talking about. So far we see 3 spirits and each is a bit different from the rest. Even the first two share the part about "being new to the surroundings" but the two react to their situations in very different ways. And if just two, where only part of the story is similar, is enough to call it formulaic and tiring, I guess it would be really tiring for you to watch most anime. I understand you find the character of Kurumi much more appealing but I don't think it means you have to diminish the previous arcs at the same time.

MarlyTT said:

The correct term that you're trying to get at is a "yangire." I thought the implication was already pretty strong this episode that she doesn't actually 'love' Shidou in any sense of the word. As mentioned in the last part of the episode, she's after his power and plans on 'eating' him as she did with those thugs on the street.
Hm? Is "yangire" a Japanese term? I read Japanese anime blogs and forums all the time, and I don't recall seeing this term.

Yeah, I know she does not actually love Shidou, but from an outsider's point of view, without privy to the revelation she is giving to people like Origami, she does indeed look like she has a crush on Shidou. And that is the dere part, at least she is giving the impression of being dere in public and on surface.

May 14, 2013 2:03 PM

May 2010
symbv said:
Maybe, but that does not mean she is not "monster of the week" that you were talking about. So far we see 3 spirits and each is a bit different from the rest. Even the first two share the part about "being new to the surroundings" but the two react to their situations in very different ways. And if just two, where only part of the story is similar, is enough to call it formulaic and tiring, I guess it would be really tiring for you to watch most anime. I understand you find the character of Kurumi much more appealing but I don't think it means you have to diminish the previous arcs at the same time.

Twice is fine, given that they have enough differences to justify it. Thrice not so much. Hence I initially claimed that the series was "approaching" that route with the 'tiring' and 'formulaic' route I was referring to, instead of claiming that it already was at that point. I suppose it also helps that the third spirit has an actual motivation to her actions, so it is a drastic change in what would've been otherwise 'tiring' and 'formulaic.' That being said, I suppose our standards for what would be categorized as a "monster of the week" are different.

symbv said:

Hm? Is "yangire" a Japanese term? I read Japanese anime blogs and forums all the time, and I don't recall seeing this term.

"It is a portmanteau of yandere and kireru (切れる?) meaning to snap or lose one's temper, referring to a character who is mentally ill and snaps instantly without showing affection for the victim of their outbursts."

symbv said:

Yeah, I know she does not actually love Shidou, but from an outsider's point of view, without privy to the revelation she is giving to people like Origami, she does indeed look like she has a crush on Shidou. And that is the dere part, at least she is giving the impression of being dere in public and on surface.

I suppose she does give that impression vaguely, but I feel that the fact she's obviously mentally not so well and her previous murderous actions (including the scene with the thugs) give more than enough context clue as to what she actually is getting at by her wording.
May 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Sep 2012
MarlyTT said:
I suppose it also helps that the third spirit has an actual motivation to her actions, so it is a drastic change in what would've been otherwise 'tiring' and 'formulaic.' That being said, I suppose our standards for what would be categorized as a "monster of the week" are different.
Yeah, perhaps. I use "monster of the week" only when I watch shows like PreCure. And things would need to go really repetitive and similar to each other before I use strong words like "tiring" and "formulaic". I guess I just want to be generous when it comes to patterns in different arcs.

MarlyTT said:
symbv said:

"It is a portmanteau of yandere and kireru (切れる?) meaning to snap or lose one's temper, referring to a character who is mentally ill and snaps instantly without showing affection for the victim of their outbursts."
Hmm... I know what Kireru means, but I've never seen it combined with Yan to form "Yangire" in all these years of reading Japanese forums. You make up that word yourself or you saw it used somewhere before?

MarlyTT said:

I suppose she does give that impression vaguely, but I feel that the fact she's obviously mentally not so well and her previous murderous actions (including the scene with the thugs) give more than enough context clue as to what she actually is getting at by her wording.
Sure. And I was just trying to explain why it is not really wrong for someone to say that she is a yandere kind of character because the behavior on the surface could give such impression.

May 14, 2013 2:18 PM

Feb 2013
I haaaaaateeeee Kurumi. Seriously. Since the first time I saw her. Although the bloody scene was amazing, I like when an anime presents a situation that I wasn't expecting.

May 14, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2010
symbv said:
Yeah, perhaps. I use "monster of the week" only when I watch shows like PreCure. And things would need to go really repetitive and similar to each other before I use strong words like "tiring" and "formulaic". I guess I just want to be generous when it comes to patterns in different arcs.

Maybe you're just too used to it that you became more lenient about it.

symbv said:
Hmm... I know what Kireru means, but I've never seen it combined with Yan to form "Yangire" in all these years of reading Japanese forums. You make up that word yourself or you saw it used somewhere before?

I didn't make it up myself- I wouldn't be so pretentious as to correct people with the term that only I would know since I made it up. But I have seen it being used in many places, so I had assumed that people were aware of its usage.

symbv said:
Sure. And I was just trying to explain why it is not really wrong for someone to say that she is a yandere kind of character because the behavior on the surface could give such impression.

Fair enough. I guess I'm just too used to dealing with people who throw that term around in a case where it wouldn't be appropriate in any context.
May 14, 2013 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
MarlyTT said:
Maybe you're just too used to it that you became more lenient about it.
I guess I am. Back in the days when I watched Kamen Rider and Mazinger Z, that was the really formulaic "monster of the week", but later shows are much less likely to fall into such really repetitive pattern. Even Sailor Moon and PreCure would shift out of the "monster of the week" at some point in the series, but since they are long series, just the "monster of the week" part can easily take 15 episodes or more. That is when I would say the risk of getting tiring is real. Of course the same also applies to shounen battle series... For a midnight anime with 12-13 episodes like this, it is hard to get into such stage.

MarlyTT said:
I didn't make it up myself- I wouldn't be so pretentious as to correct people with the term that only I would know since I made it up. But I have seen it being used in many places, so I had assumed that people were aware of its usage.
If among the many places you have seen it used there are Japanese sites, please let me know what they are because I am interested to find out more about this term and how it is used in Japanese context.

May 14, 2013 6:46 PM

Oct 2011
Kurumi seems to be quite the psycho. Mediocre episode overall. At least it was way better than last week's.

May 14, 2013 6:56 PM

Mar 2013
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CuteAndPsycho?from=Main.Yangire

Basically,yandere is always crazy because of love,yangire isn't.
Kurumi kinda missed the "obsessive love and jealousy" part so she fall more on yangire.
May 15, 2013 7:13 AM

Dec 2012
This series is going uphill and looks like that is going to be the trend.
May 15, 2013 7:22 AM

Sep 2012
zakkun89 said:
Kurumi kinda missed the "obsessive love and jealousy" part so she fall more on yangire.
I need the use of the term in Japanese context though. Reason I asked for that is because I've never seen the word used in Japanese forums or blogs. So this Japanese sounding word could in fact be a western creation, and one which Japanese may hardly understand.

May 15, 2013 8:40 AM

Mar 2013
symbv said:
zakkun89 said:
I need the use of the term in Japanese context though. Reason I asked for that is because I've never seen the word used in Japanese forums or blogs. So this Japanese sounding word could in fact be a western creation, and one which Japanese may hardly understand.

This?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yangire

People rarely seen this word because it has always being grouped with yandere in general.

And aren't we have a yangire club here ? LOL
zakkun89May 15, 2013 8:44 AM
May 15, 2013 8:50 AM

Sep 2012
Yeahhhh Kurumi!
May 15, 2013 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
zakkun89 said:
This?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yangire
People rarely seen this word because it has always being grouped with yandere in general.
It gives a Japanese writing of the word, ヤンギレ, but does not provide any information about its usage in Japanese language setting. All I can derive is how the word should be understood when used in English language context. One thing though: Its example sentence mentions Higurashi, so it is possible that the word was once used by some anime fans in Japan when Higurashi was aired, but has since gone out of usage in Japan. I just did a search of Japanese sites using ヤンギレ and not only very few websites showed up, information about its definition all dated back to between 2006 and 2009 when Higurashi was at the peak of popularity -- I gus this backs up my postulation. And yet the word somehow limps on among western fans. Hence the word becoming more a western word than a Japanese word in terms of usage.
symbvMay 15, 2013 8:58 AM

May 15, 2013 10:44 AM

Mar 2012
Fan service abound. But with Kurumi being introduced, it finally looks like we'll have an actual antagonist of sorts, which is great. She's killed so many people that she can't possibly be included in Shidou's harem...right?
May 15, 2013 12:16 PM

Jun 2012
Here, fanboys.
May 15, 2013 7:28 PM
Apr 2013
Creepy as hell! @.@
May 15, 2013 9:25 PM

Jul 2012
lets say this... kurumi is a psycho but not created by jelousy
it doesnt matter the word to descrive her she is NOT a yandere dot finale
May 15, 2013 11:30 PM

Sep 2012
Feer19 said:
it doesnt matter the word to descrive her she is NOT a yandere dot finale
She is not a yandere but at first behaves like a yandere character.

May 16, 2013 2:23 AM

Apr 2011
I wonder if Kurumi has real feelings for Shidou or just really wants to eat him?
May 17, 2013 2:03 PM

Mar 2013
I didnt read the light novels, so i dont know what happens, but it seems like theyre leaving out dialogue between Shido and Tohka. Still, this was a pretty good episode, so this is the kurumi everyones been raving about aye?
astrocorgiMay 17, 2013 2:07 PM
May 18, 2013 1:03 AM

Jan 2011
Lol i feel like this Kurumi chick really just wants to eat Shidou, will say i like how aggressive she is not sure how shes gonna fare with the rest of the harem.
May 18, 2013 5:02 AM

Aug 2011
cephilis said:
She wants to eat him right after they just met? What a slut

i see what you did there !
May 18, 2013 5:34 AM

Feb 2012
Good episode. Starting to get into the mysteries of this series.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

275 by WolfManZylo »»
May 9, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

323 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2013

182 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

175 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 5, 5:22 AM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

223 by HiljainenSipuli »»
May 4, 2:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.