Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
May 11, 2013 10:12 AM

Nov 2009
Pretty nice episode!!!

I guess things were expected to be quite awkward between Hikigaya and Yuigahama from the scene last episode but its good that they made up at the end. Seems like Yukino has an older sister Yukinoshita, Haruno who seems to have a very cheerful personality and is apparently praised by everyone according to Yukino. I really liked her hairstyle and clothing when they went to get a present for Yuigahama. The conservation at the end seemed to be out of flow as they were both thinking of different things.

Hope to see more Yukino's past pretty soon but next episode seems to be focusing on something to do with activites in the Summer so looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

May 11, 2013 12:57 PM

Jul 2011
2easy4AgEnT said:
Damn, I ended up reading this show's wikipedia and find out some shocking revelation.. =/

Why did you do that? WHY??
May 11, 2013 1:05 PM

May 2013
you guys should give the anime a rating of masterpiece cause thats what it really is.... :)

Still cant get over on how cute they made yukinon in this episode ^^
"Knowing reality means maturity"
May 11, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Nice episode. Yukino so cute<3
May 11, 2013 1:59 PM
Mar 2009
I don't know why, but I just like all these characters.

Dat fake confession. Dat twintail Yukino. Dat sly Komachi setting the two up. Hahaha, who the hell says, "I'll be another 5 hours"?

I love how Hikki isn't fazed by Yukino saying they could pretend to be a couple for the day.

Whoa, didn't expect her to have siblings. Yukino felt like she gave off the "only child" vibe and her sister is like the polar opposite of her. She's so bubbly and playful unlike her younger sister.....

Yukino's afraid of dogs?

Ehh, I can't tell if Yukinon was able to read Yui's true feelings for Hikki or that was just her being herself.
May 11, 2013 2:48 PM

Jul 2010
Yukino's sister is pretty nice. Hikigaya was pretty perceptive about her though. He's pretty perceptive all around.

Of course Yui totally misunderstood all of it, like I expected. Good thing they kind of made up though. She even put on the dog collar. xD

So what will they be doing over summer break?

May 11, 2013 6:14 PM

Aug 2012
It's actually ridiculous how freakin perfect Yukino and Hikigaya are, that whole shopping scene provided some of the best subtle chemistry and clever interaction I've ever seen.
It almost feels like in S;G when you're on the other girls' routes but Assistant ends up stealing the show with one conversation.

Especially liked how Hiki saw right through her sister's facade and she actually had to tell him how impressed she was. The hints are everywhere the past two episodes, in her out of character praising him of course, but mainly in Hiki's monologues.

I'm really expecting a good ending from this show now.
May 11, 2013 8:56 PM

Jun 2011
Man... If this were some other RomCom, the (stupid) misunderstanding would never be resolved especially since most Male MCs are incredibly dense. It is so rare to see it resolved within an episode, but then again it's so rare to see a character like Hachiman - disillusioned, rational, level headed, observant - not only in RomComs. To be fair, I shouldn't discount Yukino who fills in where Hachiman lacks.

I found the fake date fairly well done, with all the subtle hints and whatnot at Yukino's feelings towards both Hachiman and Yui. I'm kind of surprised at the implications though, I guess it is unavoidable given Hachiman is Yukino's first male 'friend' and that this series is a RomCom.
I never would have guessed that Yukino would have a sister considering the 'only child' vibe she tends to give off. Well now that I know, I think it sort of resembles O/A (manga); not sure which came first though.
May 11, 2013 11:02 PM

Nov 2012
I didn't watch this immediately since the last episode kinda... disappoint me, in a way. But this episode really make it up. Seeing Yukinon in twintails is so...moe-nerved me.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 12, 2013 12:53 AM
Sep 2009
they freeking cut the the UFO claw thing in the manga!! not only it show the dere dere moments of Yuki but also the character of Hiki..man i'm kinda dissapointed but still a good episode..
in the LN
May 12, 2013 1:50 AM

May 2012
That was so funny.. she was really thinking that was it was a necklace present from Hiki but instead it is a collar.. haha..
May 12, 2013 5:24 AM

Apr 2013
Ekulerudamuru said:
they freeking cut the the UFO claw thing in the manga!! not only it show the dere dere moments of Yuki but also the character of Hiki..man i'm kinda dissapointed but still a good episode..
in the LN

That would turn into another boring romcom anime with an unoriginal MC.
Besides that,one of the reasons this anime is good is because the way Hikki thinks and acts,showing a scene like that would break it.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 12, 2013 5:29 AM
Dec 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
Ekulerudamuru said:
in the LN

That would turn into another boring romcom anime with an unoriginal MC.
Besides that,one of the reasons this anime is good is because the way Hikki thinks and acts,showing a scene like that would break it.
So, the common romcom anime has MC who secretly paid for it instead of trying to show off their skills by getting it through normal way (which usually fails)?
May 12, 2013 5:49 AM

Apr 2013
You lack the skill of reading between the lines.....
Let me make it more obvious.A loner/loser,call him however you want that suggest he is unsocial,acting suddenly like a white knight,which someone pointed out that most of the MC's are acting like a white knight,would make no sense in the development.
Taking the scene out was a good decision because it also,the audience wants to know with who will hook up in the end,create a suspense which attracts the audience,it prolongues it,it keeps it mysterious.
It's similar to,I dont know if you saw the anime but you should check it up anyway,taking away the deliquent look of Hasegawa Kodaka.
FluffyFleshMay 12, 2013 5:56 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 12, 2013 6:23 AM

Feb 2012
I wasn't a big fan of this series until now (even though I wouldn't call myself a big fan either), but this episode was really good. I wouldn't mind if this was 20+ eps.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 12, 2013 8:31 AM

Apr 2011
BloodyNightsky said:
You lack the skill of reading between the lines.....
Let me make it more obvious.A loner/loser,call him however you want that suggest he is unsocial,acting suddenly like a white knight,which someone pointed out that most of the MC's are acting like a white knight,would make no sense in the development.
Taking the scene out was a good decision because it also,the audience wants to know with who will hook up in the end,create a suspense which attracts the audience,it prolongues it,it keeps it mysterious.
It's similar to,I dont know if you saw the anime but you should check it up anyway,taking away the deliquent look of Hasegawa Kodaka.

Nope, whole point of that scene is show that Hachiman ISN'T standart white king but shameless cheater. It's picking fun of standart MC and thact's why is Hikki so much fun afterall.They just cut another best scene from novels to spare some space so they can fastly proceed to 6 volume. There is no deep meaning in it.
May 12, 2013 8:09 PM

May 2011
Great episode and I loved watching the whole date scene. Haha at the imouto conveniently leaving the two by themselves. Yukino looks so cute with her twintail and the way she got scared of the dog was adorable as well. She is just such a great match with Hikki.

It was really amusing to watch the misunderstanding between Yukino and Yui too lol. Loved watching Yui's jealous reactions and Yukino's obliviousness. And ofc it was great to see Hikki and Yui making up there at the end.
May 12, 2013 8:59 PM

May 2012
My favorite episode so far.

2easy4AgEnT said:
Damn, I ended up reading this show's wikipedia and find out some shocking revelation.. =/

That sounds scary, hope it's nothing too bad.
May 13, 2013 4:49 AM

Apr 2011
I'm surprise Yukinon was afraid of dogs. I like the part when she slowly goes closer to him as the dog approaches.

Hiki should've kept silent about the collar thing. lol
MagitoMay 13, 2013 4:55 AM
May 13, 2013 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
And then everything went back to normal..
May 13, 2013 9:04 AM
Mar 2010
Yay for twintail Yukino, lol at Yui not knowing it was a dog collar.

I did not expect Yukino to have a sister, also her being afraid of dogs.

Everything goes well in the end.
May 13, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2012
A step up from last episode, but I'm a bit tired of the melodramatic tension.
May 14, 2013 1:15 AM

May 2009
Magito said:
I'm surprise Yukinon was afraid of dogs. I like the part when she slowly goes closer to him as the dog approaches.

Assuming Yukino likes cats, judging by her notebook, that's probably a reason why.

Was cute seeing her trying to cling to Hiikki. She can just be a normal girl, after all. Plus, I wonder how much of that fake date wads indeed fake and how much of it was actually heartfelt, as I get the impression Yukino is getting more and more attracted to him.

Hiki should've kept silent about the collar thing. lol

Agreed, though it might get other to start asking her weird questions, so this may be for the best.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2013 2:26 AM

Dec 2012
After the harsh "confession" from Hikgayai, Yuigahama did not come to the club anymore. That is understandable because how the things can become more awkward if they meet each other.
Hikigaya's sister try to making a pair between Hikigaya and Yukinoshita. Well, I do not know where was that came from. Maybe somehoe Yukinoshita has a feeling to Hikigaya and she tell his sister?
Yukinoshita's sister is a lot more cheerful and active than herself. Such an opposite.
I think there is a possibility that both Yukinoshita and Yuigahama like Hikigaya. But so far, the strongest hint came from Yuigahama.

Agent_Meow-Meow said:
I'm actually surprised at how good this show is turning out. Hope it keeps going like this.

I hope it's get better and better too.

Lunarix said:
Yay for twintail Yukino, lol at Yui not knowing it was a dog collar.

I did not expect Yukino to have a sister, also her being afraid of dogs.

Everything goes well in the end.

The dog collar seems colourful and nice. Maybe in the end Yuigahama will keep it and never using it to her dog. That is my guess.
I like anime.
May 14, 2013 4:39 AM

Jul 2011
hikki know what yui lack of in giving her a birthday present. because her dog always run away form the current collar chain
May 14, 2013 4:46 AM

Apr 2012
Daammnn Yukinon was so kawaii in those clothes/ hairstyle ! And the present of Hikki, ahah , genious Yuigahama xD

Ekulerudamuru said:
in the LN

Argh :x Would be so brilliant xD
NeMy-May 14, 2013 4:50 AM
May 14, 2013 7:56 AM

Oct 2011
Both Yui and Yukino are such lovable characters that it's practically impossible for me to choose one over the other.

May 14, 2013 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
Hikki and Yui made up! After seeing Yukinon in that outfit I'm not sure who I'm rooting for anymore.
May 15, 2013 7:54 AM

Nov 2012
I just love how in sync they are.

A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
May 16, 2013 10:59 AM

May 2013
Yui looked pretty good wearing that collar XD
May 16, 2013 1:58 PM

Apr 2012
Development of the relationship of Yukino and Hachi felt too sudden in my opinion. Yukinon had been ignoring him a lot too.

The sisters are hot though.
May 16, 2013 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
Nice conclusion to their little quarrel :) And that dating and misunderstanding was cool :)
Yukino reminds me Sakaki-san in a way (those cats, yeah :D)

And now I am thinking who is better girlfriend for main character. Yui is a good choice but Yukino is not bad either. I wonder how this would end :)
May 16, 2013 2:56 PM

Oct 2012
I love this show. I was really worried for most of this episode, but then it served back on course. I do hope that Hachiman and Yuigahama end up together. Do you think that he's been alone for so long that he might be afraid to get close to her? There is also some kind of, I dunno, "chemistry" between Hachiman and Yukino, and it needs to be addressed.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
May 17, 2013 5:31 PM

May 2012
Yui's as cute as ever.
Still, OreGaIru deserved better animators.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
May 17, 2013 5:34 PM

Apr 2011
Or same animators but with different budgets...
May 19, 2013 6:12 AM

Jan 2011
I had a few laughs but nothing that special. The pace is too slow imo and there are just too few characters, this is about "loners" but still...
Too much moe and other crap and too little clever things and good jokes.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 20, 2013 6:40 AM

Mar 2010
BloodyNightsky said:
Lylaaz said:
Hiki is one of the best harem main characters i have seen.

This isnt a harem anime,and this setup it isnt a harem,it's more like a love triangle.

Haa! no wonder that i like it then. It isn't harem after all!! for the win!
May 20, 2013 7:54 PM

Mar 2009
I had to laugh at Hachiman's inner monologue about "resetting" relationships, and his realization that he "deleted" them instead. This guy is so damn relatable.

I'm glad I picked up the series again after dropping it in the middle of the first episode. It's turning out to be one of the best of the Spring season.
Jun 8, 2013 1:53 PM

Apr 2013
Fantastic episode. I wonder if Yui likes Hikki. Seriously how cheap is that collar? The dog can make a run for it at any time.
Jun 14, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2009
Nice episode ^^
Jun 20, 2013 12:38 AM

Nov 2008
I love twin tails! I wish her sister was at the school, it would spice things up.
Jul 4, 2013 8:09 PM

Sep 2011
LOL a dog collar.
Jul 13, 2013 11:33 AM

Mar 2009
damn Yukino's soo cute in Twin tail...
Jul 31, 2013 8:31 AM

May 2013
Good way to break up the tension with the dog collar lol.
Aug 1, 2013 1:33 PM

May 2012
Haha quite funny a dog collar! Well I do wonder if there will actually be any romance development at all! Did the ED just change?
Sep 18, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
So far the show has been interesting to an extent, I really love Hachi's monologues because I can relate so much to that. What sucks the most is I feel that the title of the show can be highly misleading, it implied that the romcom was filled with satire particularly the romance part, but this is all serious, and it seems to be taking off in one of those standard love triangle directions... I've watched too many romance animes to really find this even remotely interesting anymore. Kind of hope they go back to satire, but I guess that's on me for watching yet another romance anime -_-

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 6, 2013 12:02 PM

Aug 2007
An average episode.
It was expected that Hachiman and Yui would make up in the end.

Dec 15, 2013 6:10 AM

Dec 2012
Yukinon is love. She's almost Senjougahara-tier.

I've never been a fan of Yui's VA (nothing personal, I just don't like her voice), but she did a very persuasive 'trying-to-be-nonchalant'.
Jan 4, 2014 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
That dating/birthday present misunderstanding scene in the club room was good because Hachiman noticed it, told her and the problem got solved quickly. It's annoying if the misunderstanding dragged on for too long.

Yukinon <3

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 5, 2014 10:11 PM

Jul 2013
For once a main shounen character that isn't dense and can analyze people well. I don't know what the specific things are, but I am just loving this show.

I also love the emotionless verbal abuse from both Hachiman and Yukino.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.