Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 5, 2013 11:08 AM

Jul 2010
Best episode so far and 2nd half of the episode was intense!

Im confused though, is Hikigaya mad at Yui because she ruined his chances to make new friends or because he learned Yui was friends with him not because of his personality but because he saved her dog?
ChiXeroMay 5, 2013 11:14 AM
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
May 5, 2013 11:50 AM

Jan 2013
MysticHaze said:
Best episode so far and 2nd half of the episode was intense!

Im confused though, is Hikigaya mad at Yui because she ruined his chances to make new friends or because he learned Yui was friends with him not because of his personality but because he saved her dog?

The latter. He thinks Yui is nice to him and sends him strange signals (blushing, acting shy, exchanging phone number, giving heart-shaped cookie) only because she feels responsible for him being an outsider due to him saving her dog and spending some time in hospital. Hikigaya doesn't want to be treated kindly out of pity. Also, he often misunderstood a girl's kindness as "she likes me" and ended up being hurt which is why he hates nice girls.

That being said, he doesn't seem to actually hate Yui. These eyes have no hatred in them. He actually feels bad for saying that stuff to her.
Naoki-SatenMay 5, 2013 12:04 PM
May 5, 2013 11:57 AM

Feb 2013
This episode was different from the previous ones, more deep. Ending was a little sad and dark but I still enjoyed it, look forward to more.
[/url]
May 5, 2013 12:30 PM
Jul 2012
wakka9ca said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I hate nice girls.
Just exchanging greeting with them will get them on your mind.
Start texting each other, and your heart will set a flutter.
If they call you, you're done for.
Enjoy staring at your logs and grinning like a fool.
However, I won't get fooled again.
That's what you call kindness.
If you're nice to me, you're also nice to others.
I always end up nearly forgetting that.
Reality is cruel, so I'm sure lies are a form of kindness.
Thus, I say kindness itself is also a lie.
I always ended up with these espectations.
And I always ended up with these misunderstandings.
And before I knew it, I stopped hoping.
A highly-trained loner is once bitten, twice shy.
As a veteran on this battlefield of life, I've gotten used to losing.
That's why I'll always hate nice girls.
-Hikigaya Hachiman

Does sound like a loser, which was the intention. Then again, cannot relate to such transcient romantic relationship thing.

That is not true. Some people are nice but people who pretending to be nice is dumb.
May 5, 2013 1:16 PM

Dec 2007
PhantomFenrir said:
This episode was different from the previous ones, more deep. Ending was a little sad and dark but I still enjoyed it, look forward to more.

couldnt agree more. and that's exactly what i love, those tragic/dark episode-romance.

imo definitely the best episode of the week.
and best episode of the serie so far.

May 5, 2013 1:59 PM
Jul 2018
Dammit 8man, why u gotta hurt Yui like that?
May 5, 2013 3:57 PM

Dec 2012
I just want to be clear on something; if Hachiman was hit on his very first day of high school then that means Yui has been quiet on the whole dog thing for over a year, right?
May 5, 2013 5:14 PM
Jan 2013
HappilyBelated said:
I just want to be clear on something; if Hachiman was hit on his very first day of high school then that means Yui has been quiet on the whole dog thing for over a year, right?

HOLY SHIT DUDE, maybe he transferred schools? Other than that... yea she kept quiet for a whole year
May 5, 2013 9:25 PM

May 2012
This is getting serious, can't wait for next week.

Poor Yui
May 6, 2013 3:08 AM

Apr 2013
Poor Yui?
Maybe poor Hikki,she hid an important thing to him.Imagine how it is to find out that your girlfriend is cheating you from the guy with who she cheated.It's the same painful feeling.
Hiding important things from someone is like you babysit him and eventually it will make him to stop trusting you.
FluffyFleshMay 6, 2013 3:13 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 6, 2013 3:26 AM
Jun 2008
Still, Yui is hurt after hearing it.
Just like how I trying to push my opinion to you telling that Yui is hurt.
Have you seen Kotoura-san?. All truth is not all good .
May 6, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2013
I am not saying Yui isnt hurt or that she should have been hurt by him,I am saying that the one that got hurt first is Hikki,hiding an entire year something like that.....
You cant open fire and miss and blame the other one that respond to your fire and hit you.....
When you shoot you should expect that you'll get hurt.
Her intentions backfired at her and thats it,she is to blame because she kept it secret,Hikki's fault is that he burst out all the hate towards her while it shouldnt have been directed only to her.She is a klutz and you saw it.
I like her,dont get me wrong,when seeing her in her normal state I feel cheered up too...
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 6, 2013 3:53 AM
Jun 2008
For me, I think Hikki is just too negative about himself...
Tbh, I do not know what is wrong that Hikki is hurt because of the doggy.She is nice to her because of the doggy. Isn't that is an encounter of person. Every friend, couple ,or family has their own encounter.Sometimes people become friend just because of some candy or 10cent coin and their relationship can last forever , but I don't understand why this dog thing will bother Hikki so much >.>"
May 6, 2013 6:18 AM

Apr 2011
Damn, I honestly don't get Hachiman's logic. It's hard to explain why.

His quotes is deep. TOO deep for me to comprehend.
May 6, 2013 6:27 AM

Aug 2011
MorningGlory said:
Tbh, I do not know what is wrong that Hikki is hurt because of the doggy.She is nice to her because of the doggy. Isn't that is an encounter of person. Every friend, couple ,or family has their own encounter.Sometimes people become friend just because of some candy or 10cent coin and their relationship can last forever , but I don't understand why this dog thing will bother Hikki so much >.>"
I think you're missing the point. Hikigaya is actually convinced right now that the only reason she was nice to him was because of the dog incident, out of pity. Wouldn't it bother you if this person who got pretty close to you and made you open up was doing it out of pity/guilt, even though they don't think of you as anyone special at all? It would make the whole relationship a lie. I don't know about you, but if someone was befriending me out of pity or guilt, I would just tell them to stop.

Of course, this is all just what Hikigaya is assuming. We, as the audience all know that Yui is actually doing it out of romantic feelings if anything else.
May 6, 2013 6:44 AM
Jun 2008
Complexity said:
..... because of the dog incident, out of pity. ....
out of pity? This is what I call negative thinking. self explosion, or self hatred.
I aim correctly on the toilet seat when I piss because I pity those maid will wash them. You could assume that I was thinking that way, but assumption is a very bad . I aim correctly is not because I pity the maid, it is because this is my personality/habit.
Form what I know, I don't think Yui pity/lie on Hikki. Well, Its a different story if Kotoura is here.Of course we could assume that Yui is pity on poor Hikki.
Are you saying suspicion is allow in friendship while lie is not allow? ... well, actually both are bad but it was Hikki the one who suspect Yui first. So...
May 6, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2011
The monologue at the end was great. The music made it all the more feels.
May 6, 2013 11:36 AM

Jun 2011
very good episode.
May 6, 2013 2:51 PM

May 2011
Aww poor Yui :(. That baka. Loved Hikki's monologue there at the end though and it made the whole scene even sadder and the two feel lonelier because of it. It was pretty neat how the ED changed tunes as well to match the mood that this episode had. And it looks like the club is gonna start to fall apart in the next episode, can't wait to see how this situation will unfold.

Yui and Yukino were both so cute in the maid uniforms/ dresses and hhnnggg at Yukino nyaa-ing with the cat. Lmao at the way she reacted after getting caught as well. Haha it is always funny whenever Hikki gets poked fun of.
May 6, 2013 3:33 PM

Jan 2012
Episode seemed somewhat sad to me because of that monologue at the end.

Hikki's vision of reality is too pessimistic. Hope he'll change. Though, I doubt there will be any progress in romance.
May 6, 2013 3:38 PM

Apr 2013
ZeroZx said:
Aww poor Yui :(. That baka. Loved Hikki's monologue there at the end though and it made the whole scene even sadder and the two feel lonelier because of it. It was pretty neat how the ED changed tunes as well to match the mood that this episode had. And it looks like the club is gonna start to fall apart in the next episode, can't wait to see how this situation will unfold.

Yui and Yukino were both so cute in the maid uniforms/ dresses and hhnnggg at Yukino nyaa-ing with the cat. Lmao at the way she reacted after getting caught as well. Haha it is always funny whenever Hikki gets poked fun of.

Shizuka will not let him quit.
There is nothing to fall apart.This isnt Haganai where the club is held together by the male.THIS IS OREGAIRU!
Yukino will be there anyway,she was alone from the beginning and it wont change a thing if the 2 will leave but they wont.The next episode will be the typical I'm too emo to come to school,lets bully Hikki.
May 6, 2013 4:02 PM

Dec 2007
Complexity said:
MorningGlory said:
I think you're missing the point. Hikigaya is actually convinced right now that the only reason she was nice to him was because of the dog incident, out of pity. Wouldn't it bother you if this person who got pretty close to you and made you open up was doing it out of pity/guilt, even though they don't think of you as anyone special at all? It would make the whole relationship a lie. I don't know about you, but if someone was befriending me out of pity or guilt, I would just tell them to stop.

Of course, this is all just what Hikigaya is assuming. We, as the audience all know that Yui is actually doing it out of romantic feelings if anything else.

so true.. unfortunately for her

May 6, 2013 8:45 PM

Oct 2010
While the majority of the episode really wasn't that great the ending was quite a shock.

I don't think neither Hikki or Yui is wrong and both point of views are justifiable. The one thing I'm not so sure about was his reaction to the previous confession. Isn't it partly his fault for assuming they liked him? I mean it is kinda understandable for him to misinterpret the situation but it still feels like he is going a bit overboard.
May 6, 2013 8:51 PM

Mar 2013
Ah man good episode. Forever alone Hikki I see.
May 6, 2013 10:12 PM

Dec 2012
Very good episode if I do say so myself. It is quite an improvement from the previous episodes. It seems like the "serious and dramatic" second half will be start in the next episode. I hope it will keep up the great pace and story.

Harutora said:
Ah man good episode. Forever alone Hikki I see.

Yeah. Poor Hikki.

trampler8324 said:
Episode seemed somewhat sad to me because of that monologue at the end.

Hikki's vision of reality is too pessimistic. Hope he'll change. Though, I doubt there will be any progress in romance.

It seems sad indeed. But I like how Hikki keep explaining his ideology throughout the series, because it's remind me of Oreki Houtarou.
I like anime.
May 6, 2013 11:53 PM

Aug 2011
MorningGlory said:
Complexity said:
..... because of the dog incident, out of pity. ....
out of pity? This is what I call negative thinking. self explosion, or self hatred.
I aim correctly on the toilet seat when I piss because I pity those maid will wash them. You could assume that I was thinking that way, but assumption is a very bad . I aim correctly is not because I pity the maid, it is because this is my personality/habit.
Form what I know, I don't think Yui pity/lie on Hikki. Well, Its a different story if Kotoura is here.Of course we could assume that Yui is pity on poor Hikki.
Are you saying suspicion is allow in friendship while lie is not allow? ... well, actually both are bad but it was Hikki the one who suspect Yui first. So...
I think I already made it clear that Yui DOESN'T pity Hikigaya. Hikigaya just THINKS that Yui is being nice to him out of pity. Can you truly even call it friendship if the other person is only being nice to you out of pity and not because they actually want to be around you? The friendship would be fake. That is why he was so bothered and upset. He misunderstood Yui's intentions of getting close to him.
May 7, 2013 12:11 AM
Aug 2012
Hachiman, Yukino and Yui, they have to watch My little Pony to learn lessons of friendship IMO.
May 7, 2013 5:18 AM
Jun 2008
Complexity said:
Hikigaya just THINKS that Yui is being nice to him out of pity.
The word "Thinking" you are using here is a form of suspicious or assumption ....
Suspecting something with no proof is bad.We do not know Yui is lying or not (uncertainty) but Hikki announce that Yui is lying in front of her. Yui is being frame here and everyone here think Hikki is the hero. Can you realize how bad Hikki is? or maybe I am the only one who think he is doing something wrong here...
Complexity [u said:
The friendship would be fake.
yah yah.. You/Hikki assume the friendship is fake and I believe that Yui friendship with Hikki is true. I guess this argument will continue forever .
May 7, 2013 6:23 AM
Dec 2012
MorningGlory said:
Complexity said:
Hikigaya just THINKS that Yui is being nice to him out of pity.
The word "Thinking" you are using here is a form of suspicious or assumption ....
Suspecting something with no proof is bad.We do not know Yui is lying or not (uncertainty) but Hikki announce that Yui is lying in front of her. Yui is being frame here and everyone here think Hikki is the hero. Can you realize how bad Hikki is? or maybe I am the only one who think he is doing something wrong here...
Complexity [u said:
The friendship would be fake.
yah yah.. You/Hikki assume the friendship is fake and I believe that Yui friendship with Hikki is true. I guess this argument will continue forever .
Were you watching the show? I wouldn't really say Hikki is correct but most of us here can really relate to him because that's how most humans are, not always good and not always bad.

He didn't want Yui to feel responsible about the fact that he may became a loner because of the accident. Then he said that IF Yui were being nice to him out of her guilt, then he would like her to stop it. He knows that Yui is a really nice girl, but he "hate" nice girls because they tends to make him misunderstood most of their situations with him (remember the girl in first ep) even though he knows they didn't really means anything by that.

He just told her that so the same thing never happens again. That's why he said at the end that an experienced 'loner' wouldn't fall for the same trap twice.
May 7, 2013 12:34 PM

Apr 2013
I am sick of this discussion,I really am,and I am the type that likes to discuss thing over and over again.
Hikki have been hurt,he has been hurt in similar ways in the past and this anime is mainly about Hikki.He explained why he did that with just few words "once bitten,twice shy",you cant blame him for being careful,he wants her to make her intentions clear and not to fool with him around giving him false hopes,get it now?
It's torture to him to see girls being nice to him without making it clear like this: "I am your friend,thats why I'm around you" or "I am in love with you,fool,thats why I keep an eye on you".
Yui is a klutz,a clumsy girl and nothing that,alone,she wants to do wont end right.
We know her intention,he doesnt.Walk in his shoes,how Eminem says,"a thousand miles" before scolding him.
May 7, 2013 1:54 PM
Jun 2008
Raigrex said:
Were you watching the show? I wouldn't really say Hikki is correct but most of us here can really relate to him because that's how most humans are, not always good and not always bad.
Well, at least you agree something.
So what, now you said that Hikki can jump conclusion and frame anyone that approaches him just because he is a human and something that we can relate to.
You said that Hikki is doing the wrong thing ,but why would you still defend for him -_-"
Generalizing ALL nice girl is a hypocrite bitch does not sound nice to me at all.

After thinking a while, I realize that Hikki is just a jealous guy.
俺に優しい人間は他の人にも優しくて、…(If you're nice to me, you're also nice to others.)
BloodyNightsky said:

Hikki have been hurt,he has been hurt in similar ways in the past and this anime is mainly about Hikki.
Do people get hurt should also hurt other people as well?...
So, I would assume that Yui isn't hurt here.

Hikki could have just say a simple no if he doesn't want to make friend with Yui but saying Yui is a liar is like pushing opinion to other so that he/she could felt hurt as well.
BloodyNightsky said:

It's torture to him to see girls being nice to him without making it clear like this: "I am your friend,thats why I'm around you" or "I am in love with you,fool,thats why I keep an eye on you".

In this world, we actually could stop suspecting and ask them directly. Its call confession or asking direction.If you are not sure stuff about the world around you, you kindly ask for it. If you start making guesses and fail on it just to blame on someone, that is just plain stupid.
May 7, 2013 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
You're hopeless,dude.I dont want to call names so I'll say it in an ellegant way.You just choose to not put yourself in his shoes.He's just being careful and I explained it before.
So I'll refrain what I've said: "Introverts are choosing to take hits after hits without paying them back,the reasons are different from one individual to another,when they reach the upper limit they cant controll it and instead of letting out a sarcastic reference or message the frustration/hate they accumulated burst out on the wrong person,just like a volcano,you never know when it explodes".
I never said he is right to hurt her,when you have to choose who to hurt,yourself,who is sick of getting hurt by "nice girls" and someone else I think the answer it's obvious.
Personally,I'd choose to not get involved at all,Hikki tryed that but he was dragged in.And I said it's boths fault,but he did it without intention and she is a clumsy girl,if her plans would have worked this wouldnt had to happen.See my point?
FluffyFleshMay 7, 2013 2:29 PM
May 7, 2013 3:07 PM

Jan 2013
Dude, first of all, calm down. You sound like you're out for Hikigaya's blood and won't be satisfied until you see him suffer. Note that, by being too stubborn, you ruin any reason to continue the discussion.
You need to listen to others, not just yourself.

You said that Hikki is doing the wrong thing ,but why would you still defend for him -_-"

Yes, we agree that what Hikigaya did was wrong but yes, we'd still defend him. The world is not divided into pure black and pure white and there are a lot of stages between 'condemning him' and 'praising his name'.
Having done something wrong doesn't neccessarily mean he deserves punishment and condemnation. Please stop trying to push your Ideal onto us and him.

Generalizing ALL nice girl is a hypocrite bitch does not sound nice to me at all.

Hikigaya didn't say or think any of that (well, he did call her a bitch in the first episode but that's long over and done with). He distanced himself from Yui because it would be too painful for him to have her around. I do think that someone who has been hurt multiple times has the right to protect himself. It's not like he was out to hurt Yui. Just look at his face, the dude actually feels guilty about his words.

And his surprised face after seeing Yui cry definitely proves he didn't expect to hurt her THAT much.

In this world, we actually could stop suspecting and ask them directly. Its call confession or asking direction.If you are not sure stuff about the world around you, you kindly ask for it. If you start making guesses and fail on it just to blame on someone, that is just plain stupid.

Please remember who Hikigaya is. He's an outsider who is used to be 'beaten down by the pack'. People like him don't resolve things by 'kindly asking'. Noone listens to them anyways. They just endure the blow they receive and quietly walk away.

It's not like he accused Yui of any kind of malice. To his mind, being nice to someone out of pity is something a nice girl would naturally do (unaware of the pain they cause by doing that).

And lastly, he did not take a guess. Hikigaya is actually pretty confident in his skill of knowing people. He doesn't doubt his conclusion one bit. He doesn't blame someone over a guess. He only sees one possible answer. After what he's experienced, a girl liking him is already an impossibility.
Naoki-SatenMay 7, 2013 3:11 PM
May 7, 2013 3:38 PM

May 2012
Damn, I got really behind in watching shows...

Don't know how much the next episode is going to pain me. I'm assuming this show will harem end and that's that, but I'd be much happier if it didn't...
May 7, 2013 6:02 PM

May 2012
I'm afraid I just can't relate to the end of the episode for the same reason I can't relate to 15 year old problems anymore. So I don't see how it was all that "deep" as so many people are claiming.
May 7, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode! The next one looks even better ^^

May 7, 2013 9:48 PM

Dec 2012
I was hoping this episode to be the field trip they were talking about from last episode bur instead we get this. The last couple of minutes made it up though as Hikki went real deep.
May 7, 2013 10:08 PM

Apr 2013
SeraphimSarov said:
I'm afraid I just can't relate to the end of the episode for the same reason I can't relate to 15 year old problems anymore. So I don't see how it was all that "deep" as so many people are claiming.
age is not that meaningful towards what he said, it can be applied to many people from different age groups.
May 8, 2013 2:54 AM
May 2012
I was surprised that this series is actually good. My only reason for watching this at first is because of the promised homolust date in the future and will be staying because of the interesting dynamics between the different groups in a classroom setting. It does help that I'm apparently an amalgam of Hayato, Yukino and Hachiman so I don't have any trouble understanding most of the characters' point of view along with the type of people they attract.
May 8, 2013 4:39 AM
Jun 2008
BloodyNightsky said:

Personally,I'd choose to not get involved at all,Hikki tryed that but he was dragged in.And I said it's boths fault,but he did it without intention and she is a clumsy girl,if her plans would have worked this wouldnt had to happen.See my point?
Both are wrong?. What did Yui did wrong. Yui is being friend to everyone equally . What is wrong with that.
Should a group of friend treat each other unequally to each other? So sorry I have no friend ,and I do not understand how this friendship work .To me, friendship and lovemaking is just urban legend.

"Introverts are choosing to take hits after hits without paying them back,the reasons are different from one individual to another,when they reach the upper limit they cant controll it and instead of letting out a sarcastic reference or message the frustration/hate they accumulated burst out on the wrong person,just like a volcano,you never know when it explodes".
great now I can do anything I like as long as I use your word .
Oppp, I kill someone with an Axe, but wait. I have reason for this LOL
May 8, 2013 5:10 AM

Mar 2012
@ MorningGlory

Neither did anything wrong. She was trying to be friendly because she is a friendly person and also because she's got a thing for the main character. He was telling her not to be nice to him if the only reason is that she feels guilty over the car accident. He then goes on to explain that he hates nice girls because they get his hopes up and then dash them; and that in his opinion being nice is a form of lying. His attitude is wrong, I suppose, but understandable because he's a loner who doesn't have any friends and no experience with how friendship works. Also he is very young. Being a habitual loner at that age can be very confusing.

He hurt her feelings, but only through ignorance, and an understandable ignorance at that. In fact, his hurting her was more caused by his own rejection of himself as a possible candidate for someone's true friendship or love (not helped by his general weirdness) than by any rejection of her. He basically cannot conceive of any other reason she would be nice to him except out of pity (due to his horribly low opinion of himself), and doesn't want to her to feel burdened, and furthermore, doesn't want to get burned again.

The attitude displayed isn't really all that foreign if you consider his circumstances, and to be quite honest, should be expected by the girl. But then again, she is also very young and shy in her own right, so naturally she will take it the wrong way: him not trusting her enough. His point is that he can't trust people because he has been wrong too many times before, her point is that he should trust her because she isn't lying. If we have to assign some kind of blame, than yeah, he is in the wrong; but that's a little too harsh an assessment. He isn't wrong in saying that kindness is often a form of lying, nor is he wrong in saying that it is easy to misinterpret signals, especially at a young age. And further, he isn't wrong in thinking that being nice to him out of pity is not something that he should desire. Where he is wrong is in not having a thick enough skin to deal with the possibility of rejection and betrayal, but that's the whole point of the show. If he started off as the kind of person who could trust people easily than we'd be left with a pretty boring character development.

Looking from the outsider's perspective, it's easy to condemn him for not making a leap of faith and accepting her affection without hesitating. But looked at it from his point of view it's easy to see why he doesn't: he doesn't like himself and doesn't think he deserves friendship or affection from other people. When he says: "If you're nice to me, you're nice to everyone" he isn't condemning that, he's just saying that it sucks because he knows that being nice doesn't equal romantic interest, but can't help feeling romantic interest in cute girls who are nice to him.

Taking context clues from what he said, he was beginning to feel romantic interest for her on the basis of her kindness, but then began to believe, understandably but incorrectly, that she had no romantic interest in him, thus his frustration with what was happening and his general attitude toward "nice girls".
Let's go bowling.
May 8, 2013 5:31 AM
Jun 2008
^
While I do seems you made some point.

Something still bother me a bit. When Yui are trying to make friend with Hikki. Shouldn't we perceive that Yui is lonely and he want Hikki to feel up her life. Yui was lonely when she lost some of her bad friend a few episode ago.
Simply said, Yui want to make more friend because she is lonely.The more the merrier, simple as that ...

Yes, kinda does sound like lying if people are negative about it. While in Christian teaching ,they sees the kindness in different view thou..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kindness

Tbh, the word " nice people" or "nice girl" is a negative word for me. People like to use the word nice people to take the advantage of other, if you know what I mean.
You are a good people, please help me xD
MorningGloryMay 8, 2013 5:37 AM
May 8, 2013 5:48 AM

Mar 2012
I agree that she is lonely, and shy, and that she just honestly likes the guy. But he can't see that because he's young and has become too self-pityingly attached to being a loner. Yui, being a more normal human being, would agree that the more the merrier. Hikki however sees groups as being a threat to him, and rejects the idea of belonging to a group, likely because groups are often more exclusive and he is likely to be the one excluded from the group. I've known people who had really close intimate friends, only to completely exclude that friend because the friend didn't fit in with the group. Sometimes they remained friends, but only as individuals, never in a group setting. For someone like Hikki, his experience with groups would most likely be that the people who were nice to him when they were alone are suddenly mean or closed off to him now that they are in their group.

Kindness being a lie isn't always negative, though I believe he meant it somewhat negatively. For instance, if I think a friend's new haircut looks horrible, I don't necessarily have to say: "Dude, your hair is atrocious." I could tell a "white lie" and spare their feelings, a form of kindness. Now, if it's a close friend I might be honest, but that's because a close friend would know I'm not trying to hurt them. For someone like Hikki, with no real experience at that kind of interaction, he would probably just say it's horrible right off the bat, and then would get a bad reaction and would drive the person away unintentionally. So he would associate negative connotations with kindness and the "white lies" that we sometimes tell to be friendly. That's what he means when he says reality is cruel, so kindness are lies.
Let's go bowling.
May 8, 2013 5:58 AM

Apr 2013
My head hurts,oh boy.You're totally against him.You're like that dude that hates Yozora without understanding,playing ignorant just because he likes Sena's looks.
Yui is too sensitive,yet she is the one admiting that saying what you have to say without sweetness is "cool".
Hikki is a typical loner to whom alot of guys can relate.In order to protect himself he pushes people away from him,thats the short definition of a loner.But you cant seem to want to understand that or you dont seem to comprehend the information.
-----------End of Story--------------
The rest of it is the authors/producers responsability how things will evolve.
May 8, 2013 6:09 AM
Jun 2008
huu, hopefully next episode Yukino will come out and give Hikki a lesson .
OR
maybe Yui would come up and apologize to Hikki for being a liar bitch.
Either way should work .
BloodyNightsky said:
In order to protect himself he pushes people away from him and also hurt people's feeling along their way,thats the short definition of a loner.

#fixed that for you
You forgot to mention that loner are also shy,coward, and rarely speak out for themselves except in the internet whereby their face is not known by each other.
May 8, 2013 6:12 AM

Mar 2012
LOL! Yes they are cowards, but no more so than someone like Yui who just goes along with what anyone else says or wants her to do.

And yes, loners should usually get out of that funk of forcing themselves to be alone, but it's not as easy as just doing it, especially when you're young. Well, it is that easy, but it doesn't seem that easy.
Let's go bowling.
May 8, 2013 6:22 AM

Jan 2013
@MorningGlory: Keep at it and you'll be simply ignored in the near future. Those who refuse to take other opinions into account won't be accepted in a discussion.
If you hate a certain character's guts, good for you. But it doesn't mean those who defend him are in the wrong.
May 8, 2013 6:23 AM

Apr 2013
Am I supposed to feel hurt from that internet reference?
I dont start a relationship with a girl with romantic intentions I dont like to begin with and I read pretty quick peoples characters,body language and I pretty much read between the lines,I was like him at that age,having hopes,getting hurt but unlike him I had a a childhood friend,a girl,who cheered me up everytime and be nice to me even thou' she was upset on something.But that loneliness road started after I decided to quit playing football or any sports in particular,girls around me got fewer and fewer and there the road similar to Hikki's started.Unlike him,at that time,I was happy the way I were and I really developed the need to learn about peoples mentality,body language and started to read between the lines short after that.
In other words my ignorance and cynical senses towards someone that smells like that they are there just for using me is "over 9000!".
FluffyFleshMay 8, 2013 6:29 AM
May 8, 2013 6:53 AM
Jun 2008
BloodyNightsky said:
Am I supposed to feel hurt from that internet reference?
have I said something that makes you hurt ? ...
I am just saying that loner are shy,coward and they don't speak up for themselves in front of real people. Do Hikki look like a loner? or maybe he is a special Loner.

Naoki-Saten said:
@MorningGlory: Keep at it and you'll be simply ignored in the near future. Those who refuse to take other opinions into account won't be accepted in a discussion.
If you hate a certain character's guts, good for you. But it doesn't mean those who defend him are in the wrong.
When I watch the Anime. I doesn't felt much. I only know that Hikki is just being mean to Yui, but the post here I found in forum said that Hikki's quote is epic and its the best . This really make me angry.Just because of THIS so called Epic quote made someone innocent soul cry. This is unforgivable .
MorningGloryMay 8, 2013 7:09 AM
May 8, 2013 8:09 AM

Jan 2013
MorningGlory said:
When I watch the Anime. I doesn't felt much. I only know that Hikki is just being mean to Yui, but the post here I found in forum said that Hikki's quote is epic and its the best . This really make me angry.Just because of THIS so called Epic quote made someone innocent soul cry. This is unforgivable .

As I said the world is not divided into pure black and pure white. The world isn't such a pleasant place where you can resolve any situation without hurting anyone. This was that kind of situation. Hikigaya had to choose between keep hurting himself or hurt Yui. So, Hikigaya said some harsh things to Yui and it ended up being harder on her than he expected. He was not intending to be mean to her or to make her cry. It's not a nice thing to do but it's nothing he should be condemned over. But you're raging around like he raped her or something.
Your "UNFORGIVABLE!!! HE DID WRONG, Y U NO HATE?!" attitude is exactly what's disrupting the discussion. Once again, if you're only riding on your rage and refuse to listen, then you don't belong into a discussion.

Hikigaya chose to stay true to his principles. He chose to say the harsh truth rather than a nice lie. That is what he thinks is the right choice. Believe it or not, staying true to your principles and always doing what you think is right is a respectable thing and not something just anyone can pull off.

When someone says the quote was epic, it means he greatly respects those words and sees a grand truth in them. It's not the same as saying that making girls cry is epic. Learn to differentiate.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

562 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2013

437 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 13, 2013

285 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2013

336 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 2:31 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 30, 2013

260 by ViSpace »»
May 24, 1:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.