Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Apr 29, 2013 11:21 PM

May 2010
Is he a Mokuna?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Apr 30, 2013 1:27 AM

Aug 2009
One of the better episodes so far. We finally know about the car accident and that Hikki has a little crush on Totsuka. I hope things will continue to get better so that this anime will be worth watching..
Apr 30, 2013 8:14 AM

Jul 2009
Best imouto of the season!
Apr 30, 2013 9:01 AM
Mar 2010
So that's why Hachiman is alone all the time, the dogs owner seems to be Yui.

Saika is just too cute to be a guy.
Apr 30, 2013 9:20 AM

Apr 2011
Seems like it's Yui's pet alright.
Apr 30, 2013 10:21 AM

May 2011
Ahh it is so cute to watch Yui with her secret crush on who is presumably Hikki. It is always so interesting and funny to watch Hikki and Yukino reminisce about their past as well. Lol this guy was just so pitiful. And haha she eradicated them.

Hikki's got a great imouto tbh. And ooh a girl with pinkish hair appears!? I am excited.
Apr 30, 2013 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Good episode!!!

Loved Hachiman's reaction to his surroundings as usual and the way how Yukino suspected him as the culprit straight away was so funny. I believe the culprit may have be that girl at the ending of the episode. Also, Hachiman's little sister was cute but why do they have different surnames!?

Looking forward to this new character called Kawasaki Saki in the next episode!!

5/5

Apr 30, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
Ellis-chan said:

Indeed. She is a great and I liked it how Yukino suspected him from the start.
Apr 30, 2013 3:01 PM

Jan 2013
Swiftstylez said:
Best anime of the season, hands down, no contest. It has the potential to give the feel of Toradora a run for it's money.

I agree on the best anime of season thing.
About surpassin Toradora... well, it won't be easy to say the least. The comedy part is great so far. Let's see how the romance part plays out.
Apr 30, 2013 3:44 PM

Apr 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Swiftstylez said:
Best anime of the season, hands down, no contest. It has the potential to give the feel of Toradora a run for it's money.

About surpassin Toradora... well, it won't be easy to say the least. The comedy part is great so far. Let's see how the romance part plays out.

I was thinking almost exactly the same thing. It's getting real close to the level of Toradora. It's just as hilarious and stupid as one would expect from a good rom-com. I am a bit confused on the subtitlers tho. Commie seems to sub them well but with a few "fucks" here and there yet Whynot doesn't seem to be saying the anime swears. Is commie fucking with us or are they really cursing?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Apr 30, 2013 3:48 PM

Jan 2008
Fun references this episode. Also, dat imouto.
Apr 30, 2013 6:20 PM

Dec 2012
Ellis-chan said:

After catching Kirino's pantsu from the latest Oreimo episode I'm not sure which sister I prefer now.
Apr 30, 2013 6:27 PM

Jun 2010
I'm thinking that the person with the dog is what's-her-face. Orange hair, also in the service club. But that's like, I don't know, obvious I guess. I want to say that silver hair girl, but I don't think that's her.

Apr 30, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
Seems like Yui likes Hikki. She blushes when she asks his number.
Apr 30, 2013 11:14 PM

Apr 2013
Magito said:
Seems like Yui likes Hikki. She blushes when she asks his number.

It was obvious from the 1st episode where she asked Hikki if he's the same with his affirmation that guys would eat it even if it taste like shit if you tell them you put efforts in it for him.Also she is paying attention to him in class,I mean who in the social world and what sociable girl would look after him?
She just seem obnoxious when she tries to tell whos dog he saved and I think she has a hunch why he is the way is now because,supposingly,she fall for him before highschool.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
May 1, 2013 8:28 AM

Feb 2012
Liinah said:

This killed me.

Very good episode.
May 1, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2011
Naoki-Saten said:
Swiftstylez said:

I haven't looked at it like this before, but something very interesting could definitely happen. I was already wondering why this even got animated because it has been mediocre so far.
This episode itself was better than the previous ones imo, but still nothing special.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 1, 2013 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
MasterMeNL said:
I haven't looked at it like this before, but something very interesting could definitely happen. I was already wondering why this even got animated because it has been mediocre so far.
This episode itself was better than the previous ones imo, but still nothing special.

I think the problem lies somewhat deeper because strangely, you find the comedy of this series horrible while most people here find it hilarious. That one aspect makes a big difference.
If the comedy doesn't suit your tastes, the show indeed becomes mediocre. Otherwise it's masterpiece potential.

Well, taste is one of the things you can't really argue about.
May 1, 2013 4:33 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, great bonds of friendship ^^

5/5.

May 1, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
Saika-chan is my favorite girl in this series.

May 1, 2013 6:27 PM

Apr 2012
1. Hikigaya no imouto's deban!
2. Hikky and Yui have some sort of history between them that Hikky doesn't know yet! :O
3. Filling future job form like a boss!

4. Noooo!!! Sensei, don't smoke! It'll destroy your beautiful body!

5. Lol, did Hikky just indirectly asked Saika to be his wife? :D

6. Once again, Hikky save the world! Lulz..
7. And new chara waiting to be introduced next episode!
-- Great episode!
May 1, 2013 8:08 PM

Apr 2011
Golden_Darknezz said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Swiftstylez said:

I was thinking almost exactly the same thing. It's getting real close to the level of Toradora. It's just as hilarious and stupid as one would expect from a good rom-com. I am a bit confused on the subtitlers tho. Commie seems to sub them well but with a few "fucks" here and there yet Whynot doesn't seem to be saying the anime swears. Is commie fucking with us or are they really cursing?

Actualy I don't think it has chance win over TD. Not due lack of potencial, but cause most epic stuff happen in volumes 6 and 7 and I don't think this is two cour show (unfortunetely).
May 2, 2013 1:08 PM

Jul 2008
Naoki-Saten said:
Swiftstylez said:

Why would you even compare this anime to Toradora?
May 2, 2013 1:51 PM

Apr 2012
A normal big brother/little sister relationship in an anime? I must be dreaming. More of this please.

At the beginning I though this would be a Yukinon/Hachi falling in love thing but now I'm not so sure. Yui has more screentime and lines than her.
May 2, 2013 2:02 PM

Dec 2012
GarLogan78 said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Swiftstylez said:

I know right ? I am really getting tired of new romance anime getting compared to toradora , one is romance/drama the other is a cynical romantic comedy they have nothing in common except for the school setting and romance part which they share with the other 1000+ titles out there.
May 2, 2013 3:11 PM

Jan 2013
tsudecimo said:
GarLogan78 said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Swiftstylez said:

I know right ? I am really getting tired of new romance anime getting compared to toradora , one is romance/drama the other is a cynical romantic comedy they have nothing in common except for the school setting and romance part which they share with the other 1000+ titles out there.

It's still better to follow up on someone's post and proceed with the discussion than say 'NO!' and beat the topic dead.
We'd bore ourselves to tears if we only ever write posts like "nice episode" "yeah, it's nice" "nice indeed" "just wanted to mention that I watched this episode" "guess what. I did NOT watch it. heheh, just kidding"
May 2, 2013 3:17 PM

Dec 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
tsudecimo said:
GarLogan78 said:
Naoki-Saten said:
Swiftstylez said:

It's still better to follow up on someone's post and proceed with the discussion than say 'NO!' and beat the topic dead.
We'd bore ourselves to tears if we only ever write posts like "nice episode" "yeah, it's nice" "nice indeed" "just wanted to mention that I watched this episode" "guess what. I did NOT watch it. heheh, just kidding"

Beat the topic dead ? an episode discussion is supposed to be about comparing completely different series now?
If you are bored then discuss the characters or the story or whatever.
May 2, 2013 9:35 PM
Apr 2013
Totsuka's interactions with Hachiman the best of all time.
May 3, 2013 8:21 AM

Jun 2008
And.... it has completly turned into your usual rom-com anime with the little cute sister the orange haired girl falling for him and a new mysterious grey hair girl coming in the picture(probably the one who was in the car that hit him).

Btw, the blond girl just proved she has morals by not liking gossip about other people. Also she hasn't stop talking to Yui after what happened. See guys, she ain't that bad.
May 3, 2013 8:25 AM

Dec 2012
Monad said:
And.... it has completly turned into your usual rom-com anime with the little cute sister the orange haired girl falling for him and a new mysterious grey hair girl coming in the picture(probably the one who was in the car that hit him).

He treats her like a normal sister which never happens in romcom and he even made a joke about that I don't know what your talking about this show is still great and better than a lot of generic romcom so far .
May 3, 2013 8:30 AM

Jun 2008
tsudecimo said:
Monad said:

He treats her like a normal sister which never happens in romcom and he even made a joke about that I don't know what your talking about this show is still great and better than a lot of generic romcom so far .

So. what, most anime harem males or rom-com males don't do anything with their little sisters ether. I was hoping for more smart and fighting dialogs with the black haired girl like the first episode instead of all this usual cheesy stuff.
For me this was the worst episode.
May 3, 2013 8:43 AM

Dec 2012
Monad said:
tsudecimo said:
Monad said:

So. what, most anime harem males or rom-com males don't do anything with their little sisters ether. I was hoping for more smart and fighting dialogs with the black haired girl like the first episode instead of all this usual cheesy stuff.
For me this was the worst episode.

The main character was being cynical about the imouto ( sister character ) I have never seen something like that.
The show as whole is satire or cynical about romcom anime/novels as you can tell by the name and several moments during the anime . As for the story it is getting there the next episode has some drama and story development in it , more stuff are going to happen there is only 5 eps out although I don't know why there isn't more focus on Yukino and Hikki interactions since they are usually witty and sharp :o .
May 3, 2013 9:33 AM

Oct 2012
(gasps and claps hands together) Yui likes Hachiman! Yui likes Hachiman! Dollars to doughnuts it was her dog he saved. Oh man I love his show!

I really liked how the little sister was just a little sister. For a while there, I was starting to think that there was some sort of collusion between anime creators to collectively freak out anime fans. I also enjoyed Hachiman's interactions with the trap... er, Saika. Hachiman still doesn't remember he's a guy.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
May 4, 2013 8:15 AM
Nov 2011
I'm loving this anime. Looks like Yui fell for him when he saved the dog... unless there was a crush before that we haven't seen on screen.

And the girl he texted with. Is wear she looks like Yukino.......Which means her off hand remarks... you know I can't help wonder if she became somehow high and mighty at the guys expense. Somehow that would be the ultimate Romantic Irony.

Oh and as for the preppy blonde's lecture on gossip.... She might be the type who'd say that to make her self look better.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
May 4, 2013 2:56 PM

Jul 2010
Surprisingly, I really don't find Hayama that bad. And I love Hikki's commentary on everything; it's hilarious and what makes the show unique and a witty, interesting watch. The way Hikki's group formed was really cute:)

Oh, and the little sister interaction was refreshing. Actually much like my brother and I. Just watched an episode of Oreimo, so big change lol.
fishergirl16May 4, 2013 2:59 PM
May 8, 2013 2:16 PM

Jan 2013
Whoa, totally missed the fact that it was Yui's dog that Hikki tried to save. Had to go back to see that part.

This returned to being as good as the first ep. Got some more character development with Hikki and Yui and more laughs. Seriously, Saika is way too cute for a guy - I was dying when Hikki asked him to say his name 3 more times XD

And another mystery character appears! I like how this show is going as different tasks for the club per episode rather than a linear continual thing. It's a nice change of pace. If I really end up liking this anime a lot I'll probably go back and read the LN

Edit: seems like the LN isn't fully translated yet (no where near actually)
phantom19May 8, 2013 5:39 PM
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 21, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2013
moyang said:
Anyone noticed the increasing number of stickers on the club's empty sign? That must be Yui...
ithink they are all the times they have "helped" people
"Stop whining, all I did was chop off your stupid legs."
May 25, 2013 7:45 AM

Oct 2012
Funny episode, especially the part with Saika (trap sure are cool) it killed me both with the say my name and at then end when he said he already had a group that guy is just too cute to be a dude...anyway great episode in the end and i really love how Hachiman react.
May 31, 2013 10:02 PM
Dec 2012
After Hiki's sis uses "teh heh" on Hiki, later Hiki uses "teh heh" on sensei and then get hit by First Bullet of Destruction. LOL
Jun 8, 2013 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
Nice episode. The owner of the dog was Yui. Hikki's sister looks cute <3
Jun 14, 2013 9:39 AM

Sep 2009
Ahahaha. I laughed so hard when Hachiman blushed when Saika talk to him while saying, "Please cook for me every morning for the rest of my life." Ahahhaha... and the part where he asked Saika to say his name "Hachiman" three times. XD

Yukino was very funny and cool in this episode. Yui is so cute too... hahaha...
Love this episode ♥
Jun 18, 2013 10:11 PM

Jul 2012
great ep
Jun 19, 2013 1:48 AM

Nov 2008
Who doesn't like cute little sisters?!

At least now we know why she calls him Hikki and that he wouldn't mind bending the other way. lol
Jul 3, 2013 9:43 PM

Sep 2011
This whole Saika thing is really starting to weird me out. LOL
Jul 13, 2013 10:42 AM

Mar 2009
what Hikki said about real imouto is true!

so that's the reason why Yui wants to be close to Hikki.... im rooting for you!

S-CRY-ed reference huh... that hurts XD

Saika huh... Hideyoshi is much cuter XD
Jul 15, 2013 11:54 AM

Jul 2013
Well Hachiman had a pretty bad experience before high school. I mean as humans we can't hate a person just because we can, there must be a reason. In this case Hachiman does not want to be with a girl, nor socialize. Yui seems honest, nice, caring, but will she downgrade herself to Hachimans level just so that she can be with him. Well hopefully Yui makes a move and Hikky accepts her as a friend or maybe more.
Aug 1, 2013 12:16 PM

May 2012
Was that white haired girl the culprit? Anyway pretty okey episode, lets see what's next!
Aug 13, 2013 6:51 AM

Jun 2011
Seriously, I can't get enough of Hikki's blusing at the trap's cuteness :p I think I totally ship them lol. And, who's the girl at the end, another loner?

P.S. It's been bothering me for a while, but the ED song has the same rhythm as one of the One Piece ED, part of them, not all. IIRC it's the ED for the water 7 arc.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 7, 2013 10:14 PM

May 2011
I thought this series was a little dull in the beginning but it looks like it's getting better with each episode ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2013 6:13 AM

Sep 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Not a bad ep. Seems that Hayato really is a nice guy and he wasn't just the hypocrite type. I agree with eminagnem that he reminds me of Kiba.

Also we got to know about the accident. Felt pretty anticlimatic if u ask me. But I think it excludes the Yui is his childhood friend thing since it seems that the accident was where she fell for him.

Hikki's imouto is cute but Saika is just too cute. Plz be a girl!!!!!
I lol'd at how he confessed by reflex after hearing his voice XD

I wonder which group Yui will go with?

I am so glad, I was really starting to hate those types of characters.

Anyhow, we didn't get to know the culprit, but that's fine. I am liking this series so far, and the Saika gir- urgh... Saika is charming Hachiman again!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.