Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 11, 2011 7:15 PM

Dec 2009
I loved the Cowboy Bebop reference lol
This series were pretty good, they had their badass moments. 8/10
Mar 7, 2011 10:16 AM

Jan 2011
Yukio does not need to die but she choose to

Balalaika is totally crazy, Revy is still cool scaring kids with real gun :)

overall is a very entertaining season 2, now i can start the ova
Mar 17, 2011 11:13 PM

Aug 2010
Cello said:
Very Good! Next season!

It should come out sooner!! And man Yukio stabbing herself, that was depressing. Didn't end as abruptly as the first but wasn't a really great ending either.
Apr 8, 2011 1:14 PM

Feb 2009
That was a completely unexpected ending to what I had in mind... Anyway, great end to the arc, not to the series itself, which if a third season come out, I will be there for more! In the meanwhile it will be Roberta's Blood Trail!

Anyway the final duel was terrific! For a moment there I had a Deja-vu of Spike Vs. Vicious.

Btw, did anyone notice the: "Keep up with me. okay, Reck?" xD
Apr 12, 2011 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
Overrated show is overrated show. Both season 1 and 2. The only enjoyable arc was the vampire twins IMO. 7/10 for both seasons. Unrealistic as hell.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2011 9:32 PM

Aug 2006
really liked it.
Felt the conflict between the moral code since beginning. It's cool that there are some shows that try to aim a little deeper into philosophical conflicts like Rock did.
Hopefully there's a S3 after Roberta's OVA.

Jun 15, 2011 8:20 PM

Jun 2011
A wonderful and very intense ending. I loved this show for it's realism. Samari swords are extremely sharp and samari's have amazing skill so I think it's possible to slice a bullet.
Jul 25, 2011 8:30 PM

May 2009
I didn't like the ending and there doesn't seem to be a season coming soon. Oh well, I still got the OVAs.
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 12, 2011 8:27 AM

Apr 2011
Finally finished this. It was great!
Every episode kinda gets me from getting of the edge of my seat.Such a sad ending really. I'm a little disturb how Yukio killed herself and nearly seeing her putting that katana through her neck and seeing her in pain as she push that blade. Another sad and tragic ending with a cute girl. I'm feeling sad for her but I still enjoyed all of it. I mean I enjoyed the whole second season.

I've watched the specials and it was really funny except for the 5th Omake where Rock told a scary story and it scared the shit out of me!

Looking forward to the OVAs!
Aug 21, 2011 3:45 PM

Dec 2009
I know the OVAs are out, but I wish this had another actual season, ahh well.
Sep 27, 2011 8:52 PM

Jan 2008
We don't get may good shooter anime series like this one anymore. The last good one I saw was Canaan. Anywho, I still found this to be another solid season, but somehow I preferred season 1. I liked Rock more as a naive guy, rather than seeing him slowly adapt to the new lifestyle. My favourite arc in this season was the first one. 7/10
Jan 22, 2012 6:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ha ha. Went out with a bang! Few shoot em ups are as enjoyable as Lagoon has been,

So Rock embraced the darkness, huh? Well it was a bout time.

Yukio's suicide was sad, but this series really doesn't pull punches in showing how this life tears people up inside.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 23, 2012 10:59 AM

Dec 2011
I didnt like the last arc.
But this show was good.
8/10
Feb 11, 2012 8:52 AM

Feb 2012
The season wasn't too bad but I did not enjoy the start of it. On top of that I was really hoping to see more of a development between Revi and Rock but now I don't think its going to happen.

Sigh. Now I have to wait for the next season to get dubbed. Ive gotten so used to Revi's tone that I don't think I will appreciate the subbed version.
Feb 20, 2012 12:04 AM
Jan 2012
I enjoyed this season muuuuch more than the previous one, with those longer and deeper story arcs.

I actually really liked the Russians taking most of the screen time here. I think they were the group that raised many of the ethical questions and lead to all those politically-incorrect situations that were central to this series' theme, and Rock's character development. And I think it was damn realistic: I don't care about the bullet slicing and such, the fact that no-one cared for each other's warm & kind feelings, but went on with their business (killing each other for fun and profit) without resorting to drama was excellent.

That being said, overall, this sort of anime (especially season 1, which was devoid of all of the good elements I have written above) cannot come anywhere near my top 100. I have seen over 200 series, season 1 of this and Cowboy Bebop (except the 3 or so episodes that actually had some real plot) are probably the only two that felt like wasted time. I guess episodic mindless shooting is not my favorite style.
Apr 15, 2012 4:15 PM

Mar 2011
Is the OVA the third season? If not than I hope there will be one sometime soon.

I gave the first season a 7 and this one a 6
Apr 23, 2012 7:09 AM

Mar 2010
i hope they make another season...
Jun 9, 2012 9:54 AM

Mar 2009
Aww It's over. I had hopes for the katana guy and the school girl to end up together opening mask selling shop next to Black Lagoon base or close.

After watching first and second season almost in one go (took a break for some Hellsing) I feel entertained.
Aug 10, 2012 9:19 PM

Jul 2009
Yuuichirou said:
Lold many times during gthis episode and final arc.
1. Girl with Stechkin shoot multiply shots at Rock. Misses. Stechkin has a great firepower. Girl elementary can't handle this gun. She's gonna get owned after first shot with bleedeing nose.
2. Bullet slicing - pathetic shit. This show pretend to be realistic. Where is realism?
3. Seppuku with 1 meter katana. Whole blade from other side of neck... She gonna shit herself from pain. She can't do this thing.
Well, it looks like realism take a nap in this episodes. Quite pathetic in my opinion.
But whole TV2 was good.

lol such bullshit, the series never intended to be realistic, they just portrayed it much closer instead of being actually reality.

seriously i never understand this kind of bitching from people.

should have drop the show if people still complaining like this one.

MrHatandClogs said:
Nice ending, I agree that I would be pissed as well if this was the end.
But, I guess there is no season three, just the OVA that''s airing?

The ending was a little anticlimactic.
I was hoping for a huge battle, and to see Genji fight his was through Hotel Moscow!

Revi and his fight was nice, but I would've like to see a battle!

I personally really enjoyed this arc, especially b/c we got to see Roc finally cross over to there side.

It was inevitable, he was gonna have to let go of his morals etc if the was gonna continue on this path.

And, the more Ballelika the better imo!!

I gave this season a 10/10, yes it had it's shortcomings, but episode 11.....
the Roc/Revi/Ballelika stand off was pure fucking win!!!

It gets a 10/10 just for that scene, and the rest was amazing!
Overall I think I like S1 better, but certain episodes this season were way better than the whole season 1.

Urahara Out!!

yeah the ending was a bit anti climatic, but to be honest it doesn't really end here(just the arc)

so the ending was good end, though i was hoping to see Gin vs Balalaika, guess Revy is enough for him ^^

i thought Balalaika is gonna kiss Rock :O

Revy went ballistic against Gin :O

Revy is hurt :(

damn Nuki stabbing her neck like that O____O

and wow Revy dyed her hair pink :)

Rock will just have to remember Nuki for the rest of his life.

heyyyooo Eda :D

guess they are partners after all :D

i think the disappointment from this second series is that we rarely get to see Benny and Dutch. well Benny manage to get Jane(Bill Counterfeiter) but Dutch mostly stayed on the sidelines. also we didn't see any of Revy's past :(

probably on the manga will be elaborated, but i want more Toyoguchi Megumi!!!!

though i think this is good for the russians, since we get to know how powerful Balalaika can be.

i think Season 3 should expand on the newly introduce characters and others instead of introducing more new characters.

i wanted to see more Shenua and Lotton Za Wizardoo :P

Eda on why she's a CIA, Yolando and her golden deagle, Mr Chang and Sawyer the Cleaner.

i guess Garcia and Roberta is next on the OVA's

still im confused on why didn't just Nuki went to Roanapur instead of having to directly confront Balalaika??

she could have avoided all of this.

wina said:
LagTag said:
MRLX69 said:
Doesn't the ending suggest that something happened between Revy and Rock? She wouldn't answer if she slept with him or not..... 0.o

Actually i don`t think they meant it that way , more like they were trying to show Revy`s shame of having certain feelings for Rock , which for Revy is pretty embarrassing , even worse than sleeping with him.

and I agree with this one.

agree, plus Rock is not ready for her :P

Eda is just teasing her that's all ^^

lostty said:
We don't get may good shooter anime series like this one anymore. The last good one I saw was Canaan. Anywho, I still found this to be another solid season, but somehow I preferred season 1. I liked Rock more as a naive guy, rather than seeing him slowly adapt to the new lifestyle. My favourite arc in this season was the first one. 7/10

yup2, though Canaan had alot of plot holes to fillm, but the action was awesome(not on par on Black Lagoon though)

Maaya Sakamoto and Miyuki Sawashiro combo!!!!!

yeah i kinda see how Revy changes ever since he went to japan, but in actually Revy started changing when Rock and her had an argument about the incident in the submarine(the fight at a local food dining) also when Revy had a cigarette kiss, as well as Revy saving Rock's ass when he screwed up the documents from chang.

still amazing anime, it was a slow start at first, but it was sooo good towards the end.

still prefer 2nd season to the first, just because of the twins arc, and the power of Balalaika and her men.

plus we get to see some Revy action with Eda(still want to see more Roberta and Shenua though, at least Roberta is covered in the new OVA)

love this series, one of the best action titles ever!!!!

if they paid even more detail, over the top but in a correct way. this would make the series even more awesome :)

i'll be watching Gunslinger Girls next, since this has a certain feel to it(especially the twin sister arc) and Jormungand(in the future)

10/10 :D

BANG!!!!!!

SomaHeirAug 12, 2012 6:23 PM
Aug 19, 2012 10:40 AM

Jul 2011
BANG! it ends
Oct 12, 2012 4:20 PM

Nov 2011
Loved it just like the first Season! That OP song was contagious btw in a good and badass way. Speaking of badass, Revy sure is one with those guns.

It's a shame we didn't see Roberta in this season but oh well, there was those psycho twins at the start, Yuki later on, and more action in the final episodes. I also wanted to see more of Mr.Change tbh and have him vs. Revy in a fun duel to see who is better. But at any rate, this was an epic series and I wish there were anime like Black Lagoon these days.

Overall, I give it a 8/10

Now to stalk watch Roberta's Blood Trails. This should be fun.

Oh and that final duel was nice. Revy > Gin.
Oct 16, 2012 11:49 AM

Oct 2010
This season was shit compared to first season. Rock been there a year and he's still trying to act like some saint then try to change. Rook is the weakest link of this show and it would had been much better without her. I guess this is why i like Jormungand a lot more.

6/10
Would had been higher if it wasnt for that hypocrite Rock to preach to everybody. He really gets on my damn nerves.
bonifideOct 16, 2012 11:56 AM
Nov 20, 2012 8:35 PM

Mar 2012
This arc may have been a bit drawn out but it was still a good one. Overall, I rate this season a bit better than the first despite the lack of Dutch and Benny.
Nov 25, 2012 8:26 AM
Oct 2009
"and now he got kidknapped by a fucking high school girl.

i lol
Dec 18, 2012 6:53 AM

Jan 2012
That is what I call an ending. My faith in this show was restored. Also glad Balalaika won.

Dec 20, 2012 8:55 AM
Jul 2012
Ok ending.
Don't liked the second season. Though, 5th episode makes me keep watching it till the end. Final arc was ok.
6/10
Dec 20, 2012 8:57 AM
Jul 2012
And what an BANG ending!
Dec 20, 2012 5:17 PM

Dec 2012
can someone really explain what yuki and gen were trying to do they first said they were going to raporunat and build thier gang and get rid of balalaika in the name of justice or w/e then they decide to go that port to have a one on one with balalaika i guess?
why didn't they just run away since thier yuzaka thing already was beaten and disappeared into underground
Jan 18, 2013 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
I can only describe the second season with two words: totally unexpected. For a show that started as an homage to John Woo to turn into one of the darkest , yet purely character driven shows in recent memory was a revelation. Simply put, I loved it!

Now did anybody think that Yukio and Ginji's "forbidden" or "repressed love" arc is foreshadowing Rock and Revy's relationship? I mean, the moral of the story is that if you love someone you need to tell them before they are killed in a duel and you put a sword through your neck. The whole arc was about Revy offering Rock the chance to go back to his life and in the end, Rock saying "No. You're the life that I want." After a year of indecision, I hope one or both of them just antes up and opens up honestly to the other.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Mar 2, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2012
LOL at people hoping for realism from Black Lagoon! I dont think you've watch many action films xD
Mar 11, 2013 4:14 AM

Aug 2012
great season :] but I need more Rock to be a badass :] somehow he level up but I want him to use a gun..
Mar 27, 2013 4:02 AM

Feb 2013
Good season although the lack of dutch and benny kind of sucked this last arc was definitely one of my favorites.

Now off to watch season 3.
Apr 5, 2013 8:19 AM

Feb 2012
Both season 1 and 2 were good. I can't say that one is better than the other; however, season one did have more 'Black Lagoon', which in turn meant that it had more Dutch and Benny. Benny is a cool side character and Dutch... well, Dutch is just fucking awesome. I hope the OVA has more to offer :)
Jun 22, 2013 4:07 PM

Feb 2012
Only Rock could be bad ass enough to stand up to Balalaika in one episode and then get kidnapped by a high school girl the next and then accidentally hand her a sword causing her to commit suicide.

And I guess that answers the age old dilemma: gun vs sword.
Jun 30, 2013 8:58 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't like the Japan arc but overall an awesome series
Jul 8, 2013 2:59 AM

Mar 2013
Overall, I loved almost everything in it, especially Revy. But the series would be way better if they had more episodes with more characters development and their past. Also I wanted to see Revy and Rock as a couple.
"I believe in panties" ~ Shiina Mashiro
Jul 12, 2013 10:26 PM
Jun 2013
Alright conclusion to the season; i thought it was the end of the anime but because it isn't i'll keep the rating at 8.1/10. I enjoyed the first season better however. Now for season 3.
Aug 8, 2013 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
I marathoned the both seasons over a few days. And I've got to say I pretty much enjoyed it. All of the females are friggin' quality. Badass Revy, badass Eda. My favourite was definitel Shehua. Fuckin' hott.

Also, all I got from this show is that I'd want Balalaika to dom me.. minus the gun though. /sigh.
Aug 13, 2013 1:39 AM

Sep 2011
Sick last episode! That was freaking awesome! >:D
Aug 21, 2013 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
A good conclusion to the series! I liked both seasons about equally.

Ugggh, Yukio's suicide made me wince.
Powerful eyebrows.
Aug 29, 2013 9:24 AM

Sep 2009
hmm... last episode was ultimately disapointing to me.

I wanted to give 10/10 for the complete series, but this 2nd season although it started great it ended bad.

for this last episode 3/5 my score. I really hate when patheticy is the main point when it comes to glorious moments..
I really thought that this show was different and characters were outstanding and realistic, BUT wtf at the end?! Rock really disappointed me he was contradicting to himself, he even couldn't do Revy..
at the and he was so powerless to his own theories and that stupid phrase of 'the life is been decided'/ you can make it different whenever you want it's just up to you how you see things.
and I didn't stand that at the end Balalaika was just selfpity woman ho lost her childhood and dreams cause of idiotic parents and making herself like a boss wihtout any resolve in other country T_T
(I seriously hate when someone comes in someone's peace or country or house and make boss just to prove he is the power) GTFO!..

so the last episode without points, contradicting, disappointing in characters and developement. I didn't think it will be ending like 'fire up kids with cool characetrs and badass ending - let's be killers to the core'..

despite that the series were great, brutality of stupid human race. if not last few episodes this would've been masterpiece :)
*ANIME I.NTERE.ST*----> +IN anime pictures and get FREE anime & manga merchandize from JAPAN!
Oct 28, 2013 3:45 AM

Sep 2011
Overall a great two seasons for me. Watching these in dub just bring the characters out so much more. 9/10 overall.
Nov 26, 2013 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
It was a bit weird to see Revy miss a targer thats not moving much, and if, directly towards her gunfire, and also her running towards him. All she had to do was to stand still and shoot until he dropped. He couldn't possible deflect, dodge and split them all. Guess it wouldn't have been thrilling enough.

I wish this "Hotel Moscow" arc wouldn't have taken up all of season 2 besides the twins, so we could have more development and actually bring in Dutch, Benny and the others like Eda, too, but it wasn't all bad that way, either.

Too bad there's only the ovas left now..with this episodic format they could easily shell out episodes like crazy, because there is little overall plot that has to progress. They could even easily fit in new episodes between already existing ones at any point in time that way, or make episodes set in the past, without Rock.
Jan 14, 2014 10:16 PM

Jul 2013
Still no Revy X Rock?? but then this series was very good... I'm now off to the 3rd season.
Jan 28, 2014 2:40 AM
Jan 2014
SamuraiSx said:
hmm... last episode was ultimately disapointing to me.

I wanted to give 10/10 for the complete series, but this 2nd season although it started great it ended bad.

for this last episode 3/5 my score. I really hate when patheticy is the main point when it comes to glorious moments..
I really thought that this show was different and characters were outstanding and realistic, BUT wtf at the end?! Rock really disappointed me he was contradicting to himself, he even couldn't do Revy..
at the and he was so powerless to his own theories and that stupid phrase of 'the life is been decided'/ you can make it different whenever you want it's just up to you how you see things.
and I didn't stand that at the end Balalaika was just selfpity woman ho lost her childhood and dreams cause of idiotic parents and making herself like a boss wihtout any resolve in other country T_T
(I seriously hate when someone comes in someone's peace or country or house and make boss just to prove he is the power) GTFO!..

so the last episode without points, contradicting, disappointing in characters and developement. I didn't think it will be ending like 'fire up kids with cool characetrs and badass ending - let's be killers to the core'..

despite that the series were great, brutality of stupid human race. if not last few episodes this would've been masterpiece :)

Rock is pussy. He is just a plot device stands for the point view of the audience. So, actually, Black Lagoon was trying to convey a message in last few episodes: Don't be self righteous, you stupid audiences. You think you can just enjoy the freedom of dark but do not receive the outcome or responsibility? That's pussy's thought.

I enjoyed season 2 much more than season 1 bullshit lighthearted gunfighting whatevereveythingisgonnabeok westernstyle shooting cliche.
Feb 3, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2013
Both seasons were great, i really loved the last arc of season 2, i thought Rock was gonna finally use a gun but i guess not. now im off to watch the OVA's
Mar 13, 2014 12:27 PM
Jun 2013
PrimeX said:
Still no Revy X Rock?? but then this series was very good... I'm now off to the 3rd season.

Its already hinted strongly that she has a thing for him so I wouldint be shocked if something happens down the line. After all the manga is not done.

With this last episode of the season it seemed yuki was on the dark side only cause of her love for ginji and nothing els. Though I dont get it since they could of just ran away together. It seemed like she just lied to herself about saving face and so forth as rock said.So I dont know how to feel about the whole scene.All and all nice arc and it was good to see more devleopment for rock and revy.though im confused on where rock stands with his morals.Now off to the ova.
May 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Apr 2014
I really thought this was the end of the series, but after reading all the comments here it looks like there is another season! I'm so happy!

This arc was really great ending to the season, I loved the existential philosophies and how it really defined Rocks place in all of this. The fighting was crazy as usual but I never really expected it to be realistic. I think the whole cutting bullets thing just HAD to be done.
May 24, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2013
pretty good ending.
The whole: I've got two guns, he's got one sword, I know I'll run towards him! thing doesn't make a lick of sense

I'm not a big fan on one on one sword vs gun fights in general though

I hope revy didn't really shoot Eda. I wonder if "love" for Revy is what drove Rock to join the underworld.

Ya know its possible that Revy and Rock have been sleeping together for a while and they just haven't shown it. Maybe Revy was abused in the past, or maybe she's just shy about that type of thing. Heck maybe she's waiting on Rock to make a move, she's still a woman after all.
DaydreamHeroMay 24, 2014 9:17 AM
Love and Peace!!!
May 31, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Revy's face... her legs hurt, her bikes on fire.. and the only thing she can think of:

"oh hell now he's got kidnapped by a school girl"

brilliant. It was nice he finally 'got' into the schoolgirls' head... realised the whole thing was actually so simple and stupid; it was "love" which got the sword guy killed in the end.

Revy thanking rock with a sword through her leg - never saw that coming. They do make pretty good partners... and there's an attraction or a close bond forming there.

although, seriously... through the neck with the sword, really... rock should have looked at revy.

oh and just once i'd pay to see rock wear a hawaiian shirt revy bought
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

figure8life - Apr 23, 2009

60 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 22, 2008

95 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OmegaRed - Dec 21, 2008

62 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 4:04 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 25, 2008

67 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Scribbly - Apr 24, 2009

107 by bubba460z »»
Feb 29, 3:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.