Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2010 11:50 PM
Jul 2009
The plot was well organised and each episodes offered great amusement and enjoyment. THough i only get to watch it this year....such a shame.
I would give it an 8/10. One of the best anime, really shows a deep relationship!

Wish there will be season 2, i wanted to know how things are getting. The manga is not exactly my taste since the drawing is too shoujo-ish
Jan 13, 2010 8:09 PM
Aug 2009
Ah very refreshing to rewatch this anime again. Forgot how good it was. Just felt so damn sorry for Yomi...=( everything fell apart.
Jan 14, 2010 4:09 AM

Aug 2008
T-T
Jan 16, 2010 8:17 PM

Feb 2009
good show, now onto the manga
Jan 16, 2010 9:07 PM

Jan 2010
I love this episode . I give this anime a 9 out of 10 stars rating. The story is very interesting, I hope there will be a season2 .
Jan 17, 2010 7:55 PM

Apr 2007
I love this series. How the story was told, some of the characters, the music, it was all so lovely <3
Though I still think the first episode was terrible, introducing annoying characters who just die anyway >_>

If I didn't already know that...
And while I really like Yomi and especially Kagura, the only thing that almost brought me to tears in this episode was when Michael the 13th broke. It was such a badass sword ;_;

Anyway score; 8/10
Time to read the manga~
Feb 4, 2010 11:15 PM

Nov 2009
Aww i was hoping for a gorey as ending with yomi killing everyone xP though i already knew it was unlikely lol. I might pick up the manga now, this anime was great im giving it a 9/10 aswell =]
Feb 16, 2010 6:16 PM
Feb 2010
Yomi... T_T

Amazing anime! Now I should read the manga. ^_^

But still... Yomi... T_T
Feb 21, 2010 10:41 AM
Nov 2009
5 out of 5: Loved it!
Feb 21, 2010 8:19 PM
Oct 2009
Loved the ending... kind of sad... D:

There's still one little thing that bothers me though. What exactly was the relationship between Yomi and the Touru guy that got killed off by her on the first episode? I kind of expected to find out more about it by the end.
Feb 22, 2010 5:16 PM
Feb 2010
DemonicShogun said:

There's still one little thing that bothers me though. What exactly was the relationship between Yomi and the Touru guy that got killed off by her on the first episode? I kind of expected to find out more about it by the end.

That's what I want to know as well. I've been reading the manga hoping to find answers, but so far I haven't been able to find anything. O_o
Feb 24, 2010 1:29 PM
Oct 2009
Julio-sama said:
DemonicShogun said:

That's what I want to know as well. I've been reading the manga hoping to find answers, but so far I haven't been able to find anything. O_o

Same... it's such a little thing and probably isn't important at all, but I REALLY want to know for some strange reason. xD
Feb 26, 2010 5:23 AM

May 2008
Sheesh... i don't want yomi to die seriously.
she's such a nice girl and somehow reminds me of Mio from K-ON >_>

This anime gets 8/10 from me.
Mar 4, 2010 7:43 PM
Feb 2010
Sigh, that was so damn sad yet so well executed; glad the ending wasn't cliche'd.

Time to read the manga I guess.
Mar 7, 2010 2:07 AM

Feb 2010
Hey, I won't care if its cliche'd or whatever. Just give me back Yomi.

I think Yomi's character definitely made the whole series so much better. I was totally fine with her rampaging.. i felt really bad for what happened to her. She already lost everything and that stupid brat had to make it worse by crippling her to the max..

There was definitely a lot of good moments in this series, and some pretty disappointing parts too. I think I'm just mostly disappointed with the ending.. the way they wrapped things up.. it just gives me this "meh, so what?" feeling. Even after seeing Kagura, I couldn't care less how she looked. Yomi will aways be 100x better than her.

I'm gonna give Ga-Rei Zero an 8/10.

If they make a new season, I probably won't watch it.. Unless they somehow manage to keep Yomi in it (doubt it though). Coz without her character it'll probably just turn into a monster shows up-lets investigate-and kill- generic type of anime.
Mar 7, 2010 5:49 PM
Jun 2009
DemonicShogun said:
Julio-sama said:
DemonicShogun said:

Same... it's such a little thing and probably isn't important at all, but I REALLY want to know for some strange reason. xD

Uh....maybe they used to hunt demon together in some co-op missions? Kagura does regconize Touru and Natsuki, yeah.
Mar 8, 2010 1:15 PM

Apr 2009
I must say that I'd have wanted Yomi to survive, my favourite character by far in this anime.
But I guess that won't happend, at least I hope that a grand-demonic return is prepared in the manga(or possible sequal in anime) for Yomi , where she set of to obliderate mankind. Now, wouldn't that be the perfect protagonist?
RodaaMar 8, 2010 1:18 PM
Mar 19, 2010 2:44 AM

Nov 2009
Rodaa said:
I must say that I'd have wanted Yomi to survive, my favourite character by far in this anime.
But I guess that won't happend, at least I hope that a grand-demonic return is prepared in the manga(or possible sequal in anime) for Yomi , where she set of to obliderate mankind. Now, wouldn't that be the perfect protagonist?

well, yea me too

now on to my though bout a sequel, well..basically this anime is a prequel and the 'seqel' is the anime it's self, though there might be a few new chars and pairings tt you wont like...

hopefully they have it on anime, one that has YOMI AS A MAIN....darn...WHY!? did she have to die? XD
^^ oh well...
Mar 25, 2010 3:28 PM
Mar 2010
Just watched the ending, This anime really rocks :D
Mar 31, 2010 1:44 AM

Oct 2008
I'm so going to start reading the manga!~
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
May 6, 2010 4:52 PM

Jun 2009
Man, I expected a little more of the ending, really. Especially, after I heard of everyone how good the anime shall be.
She killed her, killed the level D's and then she is going on with her job? Really, a little dumb.
It's nearly ironic how Yomi died and then she was nearly completely forgotten.
May 15, 2010 2:48 PM

Mar 2010
Eh watched this episode to see how they went through with it from the manga it self to the time she gets with Kensuke, I guess they took the short cut and just made the 2 yr cut and showed the 2nd or 3rd chapter of the manga, personally I don't think that voice actor fit Kagura after the 2yr skip, considering she acts alot more energetic and playful, the high pitched shy girl voice doesn't really fit.

Jun 1, 2010 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
now that the manga is complete ,hope there is a sequel soon
Jun 5, 2010 4:40 AM
Jun 2009
Should be rated much higher than it is tbh.

Amazing execution and beautiful animation
Jun 23, 2010 5:34 PM
Jun 2010
Great anime 10/10 for me, one of the very few that made me wonna see each episode.

I finally understood what they meant by "kill because you love" or something like that.

Guess I'll take a look in the manga (I never read those LOL) to see what happens next.

Jun 27, 2010 3:22 AM

Jul 2008
XxMalcolm said:
Should be rated much higher than it is tbh.

Amazing execution and beautiful animation

true
Jul 4, 2010 9:36 PM

Jul 2009
love the anime :D aww man i would love a 2nd season following the manga it reminds me of darker than black but with sister relationship 9/10 :)
Aug 11, 2010 12:09 PM

May 2010
So they never got rid of that annoy blue butterfly prick?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 18, 2010 2:02 AM

Jul 2010
Excellent Anime, better than what I expected. Throughout the series you feel sorry for Kagura and Yomi, but I am glad that the ending wasn't a cliche "redemption". I would love to see another series if it was ever made.

Going to start reading the manga now, hopefully it can keep up the great story.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Aug 23, 2010 4:29 AM

Mar 2010
10/10 for me too, and going to read the manga as well, it's definitely worth it.
I would have been happier if Yomi survived...
Sep 19, 2010 9:07 AM

Apr 2010
Absolutely loved it. I admit I did become a but teary-eyed when watching the episode
Sep 20, 2010 8:34 AM

Dec 2009
TwT Yomi .... why do all badass characters have to die in the end ?
Really loved this series 10/10 ..
Oct 1, 2010 5:36 PM
Jul 2010
2ND SEEEEEEEASON!!!!!!!!!! T_T
I wanted to see more Kagura+Yomi fun moments. Like the 4th episode one, where they were eating this candy together and then kissing?
Oct 20, 2010 6:49 PM
Jul 2008
Am I the only one completely unsatisfied with this piece of wasted masterpiece?
They had a very good story, they had some awesome characters. The art music and animation was very good. Yet they managed to make a series in which pretty much everything that happens is painful to the viewer. But that doesn't matter, I could withstand the suffering, if only the ending had been A BIT more conclusive. Mr. Butterfly is not dead, whats even more irritating, no one seems to know about his existence. So in WHAT world could you say this series is over? If it only had a sequel u.u
Oct 23, 2010 11:09 AM
Aug 2009
Great ending. The fight between Yomi and Kagura was great, made me a bit sad at the end. Pretty cool to see that scene from the manga at the end there. I hope they animate the manga, since this is a prequel to it.
Oct 23, 2010 11:12 AM
Jun 2010
the sequel is the crappy manga lol

Oct 26, 2010 12:58 PM

Sep 2009
The fight was very moving , I almost cried :'(
I want a 2nd season ...
Nov 11, 2010 4:06 AM
Nov 23, 2010 12:52 AM

Jun 2009
Hoping for a second season, probably some events from the manga. I can't still get over the elite squad that killed by Yomi in the first episode. I instantly liked the motorcycle chick.
Nov 24, 2010 11:57 PM

Oct 2010
That was a really good show Loved it!! I might have to read the manga
Badges & VIP Card
Nov 25, 2010 8:16 AM

Apr 2009
hellsoldierx15 said:
kuroshiroi said:
Fantastic execution, fantastic story, fantastic sound and music, not so fantastic animation at times but overall the surprise of the season for me and the best action show as well. The yuri theme didn't hurt either. 8/10.

Kagura was sexy but Yomi was my favorite, too bad she had to die. I'd love to see more Ga-rei, maybe I'll start reading the manga if they won't animate it.

Hehe...if that's what you think happened to Yomi, then you'll definitely want to check out the manga. You'll be surprized.

She didn't die?
omg. I'm so reading the manga if that's the case - I cried my eyes out in the end T__T

Actually, this is the only anime that made me cry several times. (I've cried a few times before, because of the things that were happening. Idk why but Ga-Rei Zero made me feel very emotional)
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
Dec 13, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2010
After reading a few comments, I'm guessing if I had read the manga this show wouldn't be so.. frustrating. Well, I dislike reading manga, so my opinion is only based on the anime only.

The hell is this bullshit? Why do people like this anime so much? Well executed ending? My ass. half of the main story points weren't even answered.

Here's some.
Okay, so the death stone right? what the hell is it. It's just some mysterious stone that some white haired kid found on a scavenger hunt? And it's supposed to amplify emotions and give regeneration abilities? What?

And who the hell is the white haired kid anyways? It seems like he's just some sort of random ass fairy that places these death stones in RANDOM ASS PEOPLE for some UNKNOWN reason. In other words, the head homunculus. no, that would be an compliment, we know nothing of this guy, and what his deal is.

But seriously, why Yomi? How angry could she have been to have had a mindset to eliminate humanity off the face of the earth? Cause her boyfriend didn't visit her? Cause her uncle died? Yeah right. Deaths don't matter in this anime, first episode I'd say about.. 50 people died. Everyone just accepted that like someone elses pet fish had died. (Oh and I loved the little conversation where the no pupil guy and the army guy were on the phone discussing Kazuki's death."I just wanted to thank Kazuki for saving my life and.." "Kazuki died.." "I see." .. talk about lol the only death that mattered in this anime was Yomi's uncle. WAIT and that at the ending you see no pupil sama using Kazuki's briefcase of death as if his death meant nothing. -sigh-)

Oh what could've been great turned out to be crap. They could have given us some sort of cliche ending where Yomi fights off the death stone's "powers" and realizes that she needs to give over herself and then with the help of Kagura, they both take on the butterfly dude and saved the world. But no, instead, they gave us bullshit. Unanswered questions, things that don't make sense, and people who don't know how to handle their feelings.

Got my damn hopes of for nothing.
The only thing good about this anime was the action scenes and the obscure weapons they used. Not everyday you see a woman that has her wheelchair go on pimp my ride.

whatev.

Casperkid15Dec 13, 2010 11:41 AM
Dec 30, 2010 12:28 PM
Sep 2009
How exactlt Yomi fighting off the stone and killing buttefly freak would answer anything? 0_o
I'm really sad that Yomi died yet at the same time I'm glad, I'm tired of those cliche endings that you mentioned. There are thousands of shows like that.

Anime is a prequel for manga, if it would answer all the questions then there would be no real point for continuation.
And what's so wrong for a kid to use random people? Do you need a reason in order to choose your victim for fun and torture when you are not normal both physically and mentally?

Yomi had lost EVRYTHING! Her father who loved her was killed by her damned cousin. Noriyuki whom she loved and trusted, left her, Everyone were doubting her. Her last string of hope and strengh, Kagura, also left her behind. There was nothing left for her! Have you ever experience loss and solitude?
Yes it is not the reason to go into killing machine mode, there is no way she would but stone had pulled all the darkest emotions out of her and had hidden all the positives. When you have only darkness in your heart, killing someone is just a game.
At that state dark emotions were overflowing her and yet she still sometimes was able to bring her positive emotions and consiousness back what means she wasn't a 100% death machine.

Also how can you say that no one cared about anyone's death? Noriyuki almost gone mad when Kazuki died. Did Kouji have to cry manly tears for him? They are in the middle of big battle and cofusion, there is no place for emotions. Beside considering his age he had long time learned to hide them as was requiered.

Anime does have flows but not as many as you say, you are seriously over reacting.
Jan 2, 2011 11:05 PM

Apr 2008
all i gotta say after seeing the manga is that this story continues and it became soooooo GOOD 10 times better then the anime soo check it out guys
Jan 16, 2011 10:16 AM
May 2008
I enjoyed this prequel, it was only intended to show Kagura and Yomi's relationship prior to the events of the manga and I think it did that well enough.

Also, for anyone desiring a sequel... read the manga, but be forewarned that the ending is a rushed train wreck.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 26, 2011 8:27 AM

Jan 2011
the end of Yomi confirmed its place as my fav char

the ending of the eps is kind of related back to the beginning of the manga

but if u like Yomi, u will be disappointed by the manga
Feb 6, 2011 10:09 AM
Jul 2008
Casperkid said:
After reading a few comments, I'm guessing if I had read the manga this show wouldn't be so.. frustrating. Well, I dislike reading manga, so my opinion is only based on the anime only.

The hell is this bullshit? Why do people like this anime so much? Well executed ending? My ass. half of the main story points weren't even answered.

Here's some.
Okay, so the death stone right? what the hell is it. It's just some mysterious stone that some white haired kid found on a scavenger hunt? And it's supposed to amplify emotions and give regeneration abilities? What?

And who the hell is the white haired kid anyways? It seems like he's just some sort of random ass fairy that places these death stones in RANDOM ASS PEOPLE for some UNKNOWN reason. In other words, the head homunculus. no, that would be an compliment, we know nothing of this guy, and what his deal is.

But seriously, why Yomi? How angry could she have been to have had a mindset to eliminate humanity off the face of the earth? Cause her boyfriend didn't visit her? Cause her uncle died? Yeah right. Deaths don't matter in this anime, first episode I'd say about.. 50 people died. Everyone just accepted that like someone elses pet fish had died. (Oh and I loved the little conversation where the no pupil guy and the army guy were on the phone discussing Kazuki's death."I just wanted to thank Kazuki for saving my life and.." "Kazuki died.." "I see." .. talk about lol the only death that mattered in this anime was Yomi's uncle. WAIT and that at the ending you see no pupil sama using Kazuki's briefcase of death as if his death meant nothing. -sigh-)

Oh what could've been great turned out to be crap. They could have given us some sort of cliche ending where Yomi fights off the death stone's "powers" and realizes that she needs to give over herself and then with the help of Kagura, they both take on the butterfly dude and saved the world. But no, instead, they gave us bullshit. Unanswered questions, things that don't make sense, and people who don't know how to handle their feelings.

The only thing good about this anime was the action scenes and the obscure weapons they used. Not everyday you see a woman that has her wheelchair go on pimp my ride.

whatev.

this is the most stupid post i've ever read... go back to naruto and bleach since you can't appreciate good anime...
Feb 9, 2011 7:43 PM

Oct 2010
This was... interesting. Sadly the main attraction of this anime was probably its weakest point. Giving away the ending and try to make an amazing story on how things got so mess up was probably not the best way to do this.
I think everyone would agree that the main reason they watch all this was because of the way started (killing the "hero" in the first episode was somewhat shocking). Sadly we never see this random dude's history with Yomi. And then they start developing on the idea of "Will you kill someone you love, for love" which would have worked if Noriyuki would have been the one to make the final stab.
The first episodes where full of actions and rose many questions. I watch this with hope to see what made this girl so crazy to do all that. At that moment i thought everyone betray here to a point of no return and at the end i might feel sympathetic towards her, but that was not really the case. The story was build under a very generic concept: The Hero go evil and best friends need to kill him. It would have been amusing to see some major conspiracy for all of this at the end, and Yomi just trying to protect Kagura. But no, the super omnipotent villain play all the characters like a violin through the whole story, and at the end no one really knew what happen beyond that apparently this sweet girl got herself a super magical stone that turn her into Magic-Vegeta.
Still the action sequence where amazing and the soundtrack really help to set a mood. Besides the disappointing ending this was a worth watch series and it might be interesting to see another season... who knows maybe mister super evil butterfly god might bring Yomi back and Nori will have the ballz to do something this time.

oh and 8/10 Because the intro was like 12/10 and the rest like 6~7/10
huh?
Feb 18, 2011 2:25 AM
Jan 2011
Gaba said:
Casperkid said:

Here's some.

whatev.

this is the most stupid post i've ever read... go back to naruto and bleach since you can't appreciate good anime...

I agree with him. There are major plot holes and the ending is just...meh. I enjoyed it up until ep. 7~8. The ending was pretty clear from the first ep., but I guess I was hoping it wouldn't be that stupid.

I guess I do have to give credit to this being produced as a prequel to the manga. Too bad I'm not a manga guy. I'd give Ga-Rei Zero a 5/10 because of the ending and terrible plot holes.
Feb 28, 2011 8:22 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome series. Almost dropped during the first two episodes, but it turned out well. It's a relief that it didn't end in a cliffhanger. They also avoided the annoying shounen ending where everything turns out fine and they live happily ever after. Can't really find any significant to complain about. Characters were awesome and plot unfolded well so: 10/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ternalnodorei - Nov 23, 2008

150 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.