Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 12, 2013 2:36 PM

Jul 2010
Yui really wanted the be a part of that 'popular clique' at first eh? Good thing she made it clear (well, not really) she doesn't want to anymore. She just got ordered around.

Chuunibyou is really all the rage in anime lately. Or am I just noticing it now? Enjoying this so far. New character next episode!

Apr 12, 2013 2:49 PM

Jul 2008
So far I don't care for this series. It seems like it is just taking ideas from recent popular anime and trying to combine them into a new show. Chuunibyou, a club dedicated to helping people, the main characters have no friends. It just seems like a more boring and less pretty version of Haganai or something. I don't know the actual order any of the original works were made though, so I am not saying the show is actually copying or anything. It just feels really uninspired.
Apr 12, 2013 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
What I really like about this show are the characters interactions. It's sometimes witty and sometimes funny. I saw some people complain about how the MC is not interesting. If this anime is really about self development, than it should normal for him to be a bit plain at the beginning, right? Personally I like his cynical side. The others are good too, but I believe they'll become even more entertaining.

The art is not that bad ( like the eyes ), but could be better.
Apr 12, 2013 3:19 PM

Jan 2013
masterfxx1 said:
I really like Yukino for some reason.

this !!
Apr 12, 2013 3:33 PM

May 2012
lol, is eighth grade syndrome the new big thing? :p
Apr 12, 2013 3:43 PM

Apr 2009
I feel like I've been watching a romantic comedy with a chuunibyou main character for much too long now.

Apr 12, 2013 4:09 PM

Feb 2013
pretty good episode, I love how Hikigaya was gonna jump in to defend her but played it off, cant wait for more.
Apr 12, 2013 4:37 PM

Apr 2011
TheDrifter said:
decent episode. bear man was pretty harsh with his critique, but it was pretty funny. i still don't get why almost every woman has to be so mean to the male lead. but i guess that's normal for anime.

Yes, Hikki is mere creep with Death fish eyes, that calls people bitch, talk about their age, and secretely listen their talks. Anime is so weird consider that to be adequate reason for being so mean!
Apr 12, 2013 4:39 PM

Aug 2011
Was kinda boring, but promising for next episodes.
Apr 12, 2013 4:55 PM

Feb 2012
Lmao Yui's response to Zaimokuza's novel: didn't read LOL.

I always laugh @ MC's face, he looks like he's lost in space all the time.

Loved the episode, first part was awesome, that's how you shut down annoying people, Yukino style.
Apr 12, 2013 5:29 PM
Mar 2009
How Beary wonderful, he wants to become a bear.

Hero moment!......for 2 seconds. Lol. Dang he got shut down fast.

Dayummmm, Yukino really ripped into his novel, holy shit.

Hmm, it still seems like Yui is lesbian for Yukino, haha.

Looks like we'll get another new character introduced next episode too. And it seems like she might have a crush on Hachiman.
Apr 12, 2013 5:31 PM

Nov 2012
I really enjoyed this episode... well the second half, that is. I'm not really that interested watching highschool drama in the first half.

Btw, this is the first MC that didn't sit at the back corner like usual... wait, if I recall correctly Godou didn't either... well, second, then.

And we've got another character, whoever this is... another androgynous.

Rifaz89Apr 12, 2013 8:28 PM
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 12, 2013 5:39 PM

Aug 2012
It was a pretty good episode, i especially loved the part about criticizing the novel and Hiki gets caught spying.

I do not agree with how people are comparing this to Haganai and Oreshura so far in the light novels, manga and the anime it feels completely different, well at least with me. The jokes are more subtle, there was no feeling of pain/cringing at all like Oreshura and it doesn't feel the same as Haganai other than the fact that the two main character have no friends.

The characters are not "original", but they mash together to make an amazing show so far in my opinion. Just because something isn't original, it does not mean it can't be great, i find it innovative how the characters are used.
Apr 12, 2013 5:57 PM

Jan 2011
FrostMonarch said:
lol, is eighth grade syndrome the new big thing? :p
i'm sure it's been around for a while just last year till now had a huge influx of it which isn't a bad thing i think of it as a character personality trait.

episode was alright kinda felt awkward watching that class room scene lol
Apr 12, 2013 5:58 PM

Sep 2012
Another awesome essay written by Hikki! it's just pure awesome no matter how you read it!

If only Hikki really stood up for Yui there :/ but I guess normal person won't do that.

And yet we have another Chuunibyou case xD Yukinon being as merciless as ever >< Can't wait till the next ep!
Apr 12, 2013 6:47 PM

Oct 2011
Seems like quite a few shows nowadays have been taking a page out of Chuunibyou, lol. Anyway, decent episode overall with some hilarious moments.

Apr 12, 2013 6:50 PM

Mar 2011
I nearly sh*t my pants laughing when I read Hachiman's killing list.
He's too amazing.
Apr 12, 2013 6:52 PM

May 2012
Eighth Grader Syndrome is becoming a lot more prevalent in anime nowadays! Pretty okay episode I guess. I personally would like to see more romantic development between the characters, but it's whatever. I look forward to next week's episode with that random character at the end who's possibly/most likely a tennis player. lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 12, 2013 6:57 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode, couldn't stop myself from smiling all the way through C:

Based off of what I remember, the anime is following the manga pretty closely, which is a good thing. To be exact, after this episode the anime would have surpassed the manga :o

Can't wait to see what happens next!
Apr 12, 2013 7:35 PM

May 2011
Damn, I'm really impressed by how Nao-bao voices Yui. She's come a long way and I think her voice really suits her airheaded outlook. Surprisingly, I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 12, 2013 7:36 PM

Nov 2012
Damn the characters in this anime are heartless.
Apr 12, 2013 8:06 PM

Jun 2010
They only showed it for a few seconds, but that scene where the dog was run over by the car seemed interesting. Interesting as that it may have a bigger role in the future.

Apr 12, 2013 8:41 PM
Dec 2010
Rifaz89 said:
I really enjoyed this episode... well the second half, that is. I'm not really that interested watching highschool drama in the first half.

Btw, this is the first MC that didn't sit at the back corner like usual... wait, if I recall correctly Godou didn't either... well, second, then.

And we've got another character, whoever this is... another androgynous.

That's a boy, calling it.
blaze it
Apr 12, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2012
Well, you would see groups like this a lot in high school if you pay attention closely, theirs always a leader and then the followers.

The Opening is really lovely! It reminds me of them opening in Amagami SS - Kimi no Mama de, but overall nice episode, it really shows what some teens find hard to deal with in school.
Apr 12, 2013 8:49 PM
Aug 2012
I wouldn't call this another Chuunibyou or Oreshura because the person with 8th grader syndrome isn't the main character as it had been with Chuu and Oreshura and their mainly focus on helping others need's.

I like hiki's logic of being a bear xD
Apr 12, 2013 9:08 PM

Nov 2008
I am starting to wonder why Yui seemed to know much about Hachiman.

I think something happened between them in the past that even our main guy doesn't remember.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 12, 2013 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
Not as good the first episode, for me at least. However, I am still very interested.

The first episode had more witty dialogue and that is a major selling point of this show for me. However, I still enjoyed this episode; I just hope the new girl, at least I think that person playing tennis is a girl, is a likeable character.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Apr 12, 2013 9:52 PM

Mar 2012
I like this. Those character doesn't seem to be cramed to one archtype. I will stick to this. This rally into dialugue than an apearance which is a good thing to me.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 12, 2013 10:07 PM

Oct 2012
tsubasalover said:
Who's that grey hair person (boy? girl?) appeared at the end?

It's a girl, Totsuka Saika voice by Komatsu Mikako (Neko - K) I guess

Is it just me or chuunibyou it's everywhere?
After chuunibyou anime, there's so many things about chuunibyou..
Before, I never heard that words..

So, hachiman suffered from chuunibyou too?
That death note references! XD

Gungnir Hammaaa!!
Love to see Kondo Takashi chara's too XD
Rayl1ghtApr 12, 2013 11:12 PM
"Signature removed"
Apr 12, 2013 10:14 PM
Sep 2012
Lylaaz said:
Anyone else likes that the harem in this anime isn't ''forced''? The girls might like him but they are not clingy,
also the story keeps the flow
and characters have nice quotes and good build-up so far.

ROOOARRR said:
The nonsense the three main characters are spouting is utterly cringe-worthy. Hachiman continues to delude himself with excuses for not having friends, Yui is unable to to get her sentiments across comprehensibly and Yukino just comes across as haughty and snotty during her rantings instead of appearing as the misunderstood but kind-hearted girl the teacher tries to depict her as.
Though it does make it belivable why none of them are in a healthy relationship.

if they were all buddy buddy so fast it would be boring. I like their personalities as they are right now :D

I'd almost say this is somewhat of an anti-harem. They keep talking themselves out of why they should have feelings at all which makes the whole subject far more believable and tolerable. The way the characters carry themselves are true to how they have been presented, but overall the anime just tends to try and convince the audience that these characters are never going to get better and that will be the troupe that keeps things afloat.
Apr 12, 2013 10:22 PM

Jul 2009
Even right now I don't consider them as friends more like acquaintances. They are in the same club just because they are forced to, and there's little private interactions. They don't have a clear goal nor enthusiastic like similar shows, more like to tackle things thrown at them one at a time. Whether or not they will improve and mature as individuals will yet to be seen, but at least Yui is starting to grow up in this episode.

The direction still needs more work, but I really love the tone in the two episodes so far.
Apr 12, 2013 11:12 PM

Oct 2012
hmm...so it seems Hachiman has some weird past that has something to do with a dog and bike (i think)...

I want...to be a BEAR!

Apr 12, 2013 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
Takei_Hisa said:
hmm...so it seems Hachiman has some weird past that has something to do with a dog and bike (i think)...

I want...to be a BEAR!

Don't forget the car that not obeying traffic light..
An accident, I guess?

And that title suit Hachiman's essay XD
"Signature removed"
Apr 13, 2013 12:01 AM

Mar 2012
About the same quality as episode one, I thought. Kinda charming, but I'm still not sold on the humour. Every time that dude talked all I could think of was Gurren Lagann, haha.

That silver haired chick at the end looks like waifu material.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Apr 13, 2013 1:07 AM

Dec 2011
I felt this episode started off with a decent pace.
But then like after that first scene, it became rather dry for me.
Apr 13, 2013 1:22 AM

Oct 2012
Suzie said:
Oh, more cliches. Great. Oh, there's a chuunibyou white-haired Hirano Kouta (same seiyuu, too). Teacher is still a violent b*tch, Yukinoshita is still coldly blunt. That's it.

I had very low expectations for this anime, but it doesn't even reach those low expectations. Get it together, Oregairu. How about giving Hachiman a personnality or something? How about bringing a little bit of that thing called originality on the table, please. Is this really a comedy? I only vaguely smiled one time (when chuunibyou white-haired Hirano Kouta made the kekkai) and that's it... Sure, humour varies from person to person, but if at least the "jokes" had some originality to them....

How about giving it more than 2 episodes.
Apr 13, 2013 1:47 AM

Jul 2012
So much hate here..

But so far ive enjoyed this series a lot good romantic comedy--- (i dont know why ppl are expecting something ground breaking from a romantic comedy) but i like how they play on the cliches

QQ

Apr 13, 2013 1:58 AM

Feb 2011
Kinda boring . Chuunibyou once again , awesome .
Apr 13, 2013 2:50 AM

Oct 2012
Ugh I hated the blonde! what a bitch.
Yui is just adorable, Yuki is awesome as always, Hikki is hilarious along with the new fat guy. The girl at the end looked cute.

5/5 great and entertaining
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 13, 2013 3:49 AM

May 2010
The first half was kinda boring but the second half was more fun
Apr 13, 2013 4:32 AM

Feb 2012
Just because KyoAni adapted Chuunibyou it doesn't mean every other anime with characters with that trait are unoriginal. It has been around for a while, but now everyone knows it because of that average anime.

Anyway, I liked this episode, Hikki's an interesting character for me, he doesn't hide that he doesn't care for the others, but he follows his sense of duty, that's a pretty interesting thing. His relationship with Yukino is funny too and Yui's just too cute.

4/5

Interesting anime so far, just get over with the character introductions.
Apr 13, 2013 4:36 AM

Apr 2011
So relate in this >///<

Apr 13, 2013 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
destructo22 said:
This motherfucker's worse than Rikka haha.

Personally, I thought of HOUOUIN KYOUMA first when I saw him.
And when they showed hachiman's (still lolname) former chuunibyou, I thought DARK FLAME MASTAH!
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Apr 13, 2013 5:11 AM

Jul 2011
I liked the first part only, the comedy in this show is good but what fascinates me is the "serious" parts.
Apr 13, 2013 5:49 AM
Feb 2013
Hachiman is a pretty interesting character, and from the anime i watched with a school setting so far, He's the only one i noticed that doesn't sit at the back near the window. Anyway, i think i want to be a bear too.
Apr 13, 2013 6:11 AM

Apr 2012
I was pretty surprised when they mentioned the chuunibyou "disease", but it was a nice little touch.
Apr 13, 2013 7:13 AM
Oct 2010
Ray_Light said:
tsubasalover said:
Who's that grey hair person (boy? girl?) appeared at the end?

It's a girl, Totsuka Saika voice by Komatsu Mikako (Neko - K) I guess

Actually he's a guy
Apr 13, 2013 7:17 AM

Jul 2010
I'm really liking this series.
Apr 13, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2012
He has chuunibyou XDD
Is the person at the end a boy or girl? o.o
Apr 13, 2013 7:24 AM
Jun 2009
Damn, same thing happened to me. I used to love writing fictions alot. Sometimes, I let my friends read my fiction first and there's this certain girl. I am sure that she's either didnt read it or just took a look at the first pages...her comments were utterly nonsense, it's obviously that she didnt even know what I was writing about. If she's that lazy or just dont have time to read something that suck so hard like my fictions, fine. She can just tell me, even I know that my stuff is bad. That's the last time I let her read my stuff. I can face the truth but not the rascality and the hypocrite.

Yukino read the whole novel and pointed out his flaws...I wish she was my friend...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.