Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Apr 18, 2013 11:02 PM

Nov 2010
A rom-com without blatantly obvious harem? A bunch of not-so-interesting-but-believable -and-relatable casts? A show without over-the-top antics but relying on natural interaction of the casts? A slow but confidently building itself show? An OP by Yanagi Nagi?

That's a good recipe, 4.5/5 would watch till the end.
Apr 19, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2013
Looks like this series will be worth watching.
Apr 19, 2013 3:50 PM

Mar 2009
moyang said:
MysticHaze said:

Anyone catch what was in Hachi's kill book? lool

Oh boy...if you keep a notebook like this in school nowadays, you're in deep shit.
Apr 20, 2013 9:58 AM

Oct 2012
Not as good as the first episode, but still entertaining. I wanted more romantic development but I guess they are still introducing characters into the series, huh?
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Apr 20, 2013 11:16 AM

Apr 2011
KingLear said:
This show seems a bit boring to me, I see a lot of people compare it with Bakemonogatari; I don't think they really can compete, but I have to admit that the second part of this episode was pretty funny.

You are right they can't. But come on, how many shows actualy can? Despite of that Oregairu has some bake elements (along with it's own unique appeal) that makes it realy good even if it's quality doesn't reach that high.

That said, personaly I enjoy this one better.
Apr 20, 2013 6:01 PM

Dec 2011
Bakemonogatari is in its own league.
Apr 20, 2013 10:27 PM

Apr 2013
Whats that blonde girls name? I can't remember because theres no point I friggin hate her guts.
Apr 21, 2013 5:34 AM
Nov 2011
I dunno what some are saying. This anime is great. What's more the three main characters are already changing, even if they don't realize it yet. It's subtle, but I like the way things are going right now.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Apr 21, 2013 8:28 PM

Nov 2010
That was a lot better than the first ep for me, but than and again that's not saying much. I liked the first part with the orange-haired girl, but the second part with the fat guy was just okay.
Apr 22, 2013 2:07 AM

Apr 2013
Nitro_Eurobeatz said:
That was a lot better than the first ep for me, but than and again that's not saying much. I liked the first part with the orange-haired girl, but the second part with the fat guy was just okay.

fat guy was just plain annoying and embarrassing zz
Apr 22, 2013 4:40 PM

Nov 2010
fatsumie said:
Nitro_Eurobeatz said:

fat guy was just plain annoying and embarrassing zz

The idea of them reviewing a poorly written story was interesting, but the fat guy's character just ruined it.
Apr 24, 2013 6:12 AM

Apr 2012
The teacher is still the hottest of the characters.

I like how slowly they're forming a pretty solid group.

Was the the trap at the end a girl by any chance?
May 1, 2013 7:51 AM

Jan 2011
This was pretty disappointing imo, I'll watch this like I watched GJ-bu, which means that I won't expect anything and that I'll take it as slice-of-life because the comedy is horrible.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 3, 2013 5:10 AM

Jun 2008
symbv said:
Suzie said:
Well, yeah, I guess he has a personnality, but he just seems to really lack any sort of depth. Like, I've seen this type of character many, many times before (Kodaka from Haganai, Houtarou from Hyouka...) but he's not nearly as interesting as those (and Kodaka isn't really all that interesting imo lol). I don't hate the guy or anything, he's just um.. plain.
True, but the interesting thing is I can see there are differences in the personality between Kodaka, Houtarou and Hachiman. Hachiman is a lot more cynical than the other two for example. And of course he being not interesting (and how uninteresting he is I'd say varies from person to person) does not equal to he having no personality, unless you mean "personality" as meaning only strong and sharp character.

Exactly. I think he has more personality that those combined. The Hyouka guy was just a guy being lazy as fuck, nothing much other than that and Kodaka just a nice misunderstood dude. This guy is different, he is how he is because he has opinions not because his lazy or his hair color is scary. He clearly shows his character when he sees all those trying to pretend there ways with the popular girl and so on and just express in his thought how annoying it is.
This guy may have a loner mentality but his also more complicate and stronger character than your usual too shy/strange to make friends loners. He doesn't really want to be a loner, he just hates the things you have to do to be social therefore thinks that is probably better being alone than going threw that pretentious shit. His a loner because of his straightforward mentality.

But despite all that the second part wasn't much thus making the first episode better. There was no witty conversation, and the crazy fat guy novelist is just your usual cliche anime idiot.
MonadMay 3, 2013 5:15 AM
May 8, 2013 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
It was a little boring.

So Hachiman is shy about confrontations but at least he put in some effort for Yui. The nerd guy was a little annoying. Plus Hachiman knew him already so I guess he'll be someone Hachiman can hang out with during classes (like at gym which they showed). Also...how about that trap at the end?! Hehe
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 31, 2013 12:39 AM

Oct 2011
Just as good as the first episode. Fat samurai boy is my nigga, as I too am a writer. I hope this stays as promising as it seems.
Jun 7, 2013 5:26 PM

Apr 2013
Looks like the story is going to evolve around 3 main characters. That's a good thing to know. I like the part when Yukino kicked that blonde's ass.
Her verbal skills are impressive. And Yui needs to follow her example. You cant let people walk over you. Hikigaya is a "stay cool" type of character and its ok.
Jun 12, 2013 1:49 AM

Jun 2011
wait..... a main character that doesn't have a window seat??? what madness is this
Jun 12, 2013 4:46 AM

Apr 2011
Don't tell me you expected standtard RomCom settings?
Jun 19, 2013 12:44 AM

Nov 2008
This episode reminded me of Rikka and Yuuta.
Jun 30, 2013 2:54 AM
Jun 2013
To be honest, so far this has been fairly tedious. The characters aren't all that interesting to me and I haven't laughed once. But that's often the case for me in romcoms so I shall keep watching and see what happens.
Jul 2, 2013 6:35 AM

Sep 2011
The conversations are nice, that's for sure. xD
Jul 14, 2013 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Hikky would be the most lazy bear in existence if he got reincarnated into one

The episode this week was a mixed bag for me but I still enjoy Hikky and Yuigahama as characters a lot. I just didn't find the halves all that interesting or funny as opposed to the first ep. However, Hikky trying to defend Yui but backing out after getting told off by the ojou-sama got a chuckle out of me.

How is that teacher still single!? Though I guess I can understand because she reminds me of one of my old teachers in high school who was considered very attractive but also had no luck with men.

I guess she is single due to her aggressive temper. Yuigahama is so cute, and Hikky well just living the daily life of a loner. I'd be surprised if he even had another student talk to him besides Yuigahama and Yukino.
Jul 29, 2013 11:04 PM

Feb 2013
I'm enjoying this a lot already.

I'm excited to see more :D
Aug 1, 2013 11:30 AM

May 2012
Pretty decent episode, the pace is rather slow but is still proper! The white haired dude reminded me of one of the characters from Steins;Gate. Either way lets see what happens next!
Aug 11, 2013 5:48 AM

Jun 2010
yet to gain more interest in this series
Aug 13, 2013 5:55 AM

Jun 2011
Suzie said:
symbv said:
]True, but the interesting thing is I can see there are differences in the personality between Kodaka, Houtarou and Hachiman. Hachiman is a lot more cynical than the other two for example. And of course he being not interesting (and how uninteresting he is I'd say varies from person to person) does not equal to he having no personality, unless you mean "personality" as meaning only strong and sharp character.

Yeah, good point. I certainly think it's ok for characters to be weak and/or cynical. But I guess, even though the stuff Hachiman says is cynical, I can't take him seriously as such for now. Maybe it's just way too obvious he wants friends and stuff and the way he'll "develop" is kinda... predictable? I haven't read the LN though and I do hope I'm wrong, and I'm not dropping the series so easily cause I still have some hope lol.

So he wants friend? I can't see that at all, and it's not really indicated, you do have good imagination to think that far. Not even once that it has been indicated that he wants some friend, and he doesn't mind being all alone and lonely at all. What you think is different from what you see.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Aug 24, 2013 9:48 PM

Jul 2009
for this ep2 - I not yet feeling boring.Some scenario It's really happend in real life :)
Sep 23, 2013 9:39 PM

Aug 2007
This anime is ehh so far.
Hachiman is the only character that I can relate to or even like thus far.

Dec 13, 2013 9:37 PM

Dec 2012
Yoshiteru is painful to watch. I hate over-the-top characters like this.
Jan 3, 2014 10:39 PM

Aug 2012
That chuuni dude was annoying :(

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Feb 5, 2014 1:04 PM

Jul 2013
Zaimokuza is one hell of a character... His appearance reminds me of a pokemon gym leader or something.

Nice to hear Hiyama Nobuyuki's voice. I always enojoy his enthusiastic characters.
Apr 16, 2014 6:06 PM

Feb 2013
Hachiman talk about the bear was actually pretty convincing.
May 5, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2009
and now we have a mix of eighth-grade syndrome (chuunibyou) in here too.

Dat grey haired girl/guy/trap at the end.

Not bad, keep it goin'
Jul 14, 2014 8:47 AM

Dec 2012
Eh Yoshiteru is kinda annoying to watch... characters like that get old/annoying pretty fast

But overall, another nice episode~
Nov 3, 2014 7:48 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, that was hilarious. Hikki and Yukinon are terrible people, but that's what make them somehow appealing. Hikki wanting everyone to die, Yukinon being awfully harsh, but taking the work seriously, to the point of taking notes and putting post-it...

Oh damn, the arrival of a chuuni, that can be no good. Oh well, at least he's an harmless chuuni. He remind me a little bit of Okabe Rintarou x)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 17, 2015 7:17 PM

Dec 2009
Man this entire anime is some kind of take on high school animes that I can't even describe.
Jan 23, 2015 3:23 PM

Jun 2014
He had flashbacks on a car, a dog and a flipped over bike. Did he ride a bike or see a person ride a bike get distracted by a dog and get hit by a car? Or maybe he was driving, get distracted by a bike and got run over by a dog?

Was the grey hair person a girl or a boy at the end, I'm not so good at determining gender if the person got short hair.

Mar 24, 2015 4:36 AM

Jun 2013
Mentioning chuunibyou...
Wait, I just saw a Death Note reference.
Mar 29, 2015 4:58 AM

Dec 2013
New guy seems pretty funny. At the end we see another new one. For a second I thought it was a trap.

Also noticed how a car went pass them despite the crossing light being green. Dafaq
Apr 3, 2015 5:33 AM

Sep 2014
That blonde looks so cooold :o And I like character looks :) (Only not that fat man).

Also something with that car.. :/
Apr 4, 2015 7:24 AM

Dec 2010
Part 1 was good.
May 2, 2015 7:56 AM

Nov 2011
Pleasant even this episode, we begin to learn about the "ecosystem" in which he lives Hikki, Yui and Yukinon.
Always fun and reflective narration, I enjoyed when Yumi was abused by Yukinon and remarkable tale when Yui admits his weaknesses to Yumi; Too bad Hikki comes out with broken bones instead, LOL! Too bad that the designs and animations are done with his feet, who knows if you can make them then. ASD
Well, maybe there will be little originality now, but if I remember correctly, later everything changes and stereotypes or false stereotypes that now seem to be, they begin to fall.
May 2, 2015 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
Yukino rekt Yumiko like

damn.

Liked the chuunibyou dude, hope he comes up again in another episode. I actually laughed, especially with the nod to how quite a portion actual light novels are.

May 4, 2015 12:47 AM

Dec 2013
Sep 9, 2015 7:12 AM

Mar 2010
Shirobako director guy lol... prob his future job...
Sep 18, 2015 3:01 PM
Dec 11, 2015 11:06 PM

May 2014
Ranoom said:
Shirobako director guy lol... prob his future job...

Yup, I recognized the voice immediately and looked it up to confirm. The two characters are definitely similar.
Jan 6, 2016 12:10 AM

Sep 2014
This Episode was predictable but kinda funny as well.
Jun 18, 2016 6:40 AM

Dec 2015
he keeps a list of the people he wants to kill lol
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

422 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.