Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Apr 8, 2013 2:47 PM

Nov 2009
i cried just becuase they were able to end this season happily. pretty well done in my opinion since the bulk of what makes little busters good is Refrain and finally emphasis on
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 8, 2013 7:10 PM

Dec 2011
I actually stayed awake for this entire episode. So that's kind of good news.
Apr 8, 2013 7:59 PM

Mar 2011
A nice way to end the first season
Looking forward to refrain when everything sad will be uncovered
7.5/10
Apr 9, 2013 3:39 AM

Apr 2012
MasterMeNL said:
The ending felt kinda strange... it felt so bland and generic. This was decent overall. This was overhyped for sure and the first few episodes were disappointing because I was expecting much more.
Saigusa's arc was probably the one I liked most, Nishizono's and Kud's arc were also pretty good but all could've been much better.

Probably a very good source, but a different and more generic-feeling adaptation, it was decent. 5/10.
Refrain seems interesting, but I can't tell whether it is overhyped or truly good. I'll watch it though.

HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THAT THE HYPE WAS BECAUSE OF REFRAIN?!

Natodayo said:
MEH... 4/10 overall. Worst anime of the year after amnesia.

What you have watched was just the beginning of the story.
If you rated Angel Beats for 10, you'd rate it a hundred for LB, if Refrain was adapted well.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 9, 2013 5:12 AM

Mar 2010
The earlier episode was boring and the jokes was dry. But it getting better in the latest episode.

Mio's route was pretty good and nice. Kud's route somehow really dramatic, I don't give a shit about deus ex machina btw, cause this is Key's anime, they never explain shit. Komari's route kinda stupid (she's really sweet in other's route though, strange). And Haruka's route kinda lack in impact but still enjoyable.

Oh and Kengo's episode was really good aswell.

8/10
My patience grow fruit. Can't wait for LB! Refrain
Apr 9, 2013 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
banas002 said:
Mio's route was pretty good and nice. Kud's route somehow really dramatic, I don't give a shit about deus ex machina btw, cause this is Key's anime, they never explain shit.

Actually KEY is pretty good at explaining their Key magic. Every VN explained the magical events quite well. It's just that KyoAni is utterly unable to show Key magic in a way that it'd make sense.
Unlike them J.C. Staff took good care of the secret of the world, so even that seeming deus ex machina will be clarified in Refrain.
Apr 9, 2013 8:04 PM

Jul 2012
Looking forward to Refrain. I'm sure I'm not ready yet.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 9, 2013 8:37 PM

Jun 2012
Overall, Little Busters was ok, but that last episode deserved a standing ovation.

That preview of Refrain gave me chills. Can't wait for season 2!!
Apr 9, 2013 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
This whole series turned out better than I expected it to be, this final episode managed to bump up my overall score.
I really enjoyed the happy memories that they shared and hopefully Riki becomes a good leader.
Hooray for them winning their first game ^_^
They already announced a second season (Refrain) so I'll be looking forward to it.
Apr 10, 2013 5:22 AM

Sep 2010
Well that's it for now. Little Busters was another great Key adaptation. I've not yet read their VN's, but the anime were absolutely great. J.C. Staff did a great job for it, looking forward to Refrain!
Apr 10, 2013 8:56 AM

Dec 2011
zakkun89 said:
http://i.imgur.com/6Vxhxs1.jpg
I always capture the best moment

This. I took a screenshot right that moment
Apr 10, 2013 4:31 PM

Nov 2011
I almost fell asleep... it was the most boring finale I've ever seen. I hoped that maybe the final episodes will be better... The series had its moments, I had some feels, but the whole supernatural aspect (totally unquestioned by anyone) was irritating. Riki was super irritating. I watch and like drama and moe shows, but this one didn't get to me at all. Overall, I'm disappointed and don't feel like watching the second season.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
Apr 11, 2013 5:55 AM

Apr 2012
linchpin said:
I almost fell asleep... it was the most boring finale I've ever seen. I hoped that maybe the final episodes will be better... The series had its moments, I had some feels, but the whole supernatural aspect (totally unquestioned by anyone) was irritating. Riki was super irritating. I watch and like drama and moe shows, but this one didn't get to me at all. Overall, I'm disappointed and don't feel like watching the second season.

What's the point of finishing the first if you don't also finish the second one... if you still haven't read refrain, you can't really say that you have watched LB. What you have just watched is only the prologue.
@inuvivo on twitter!
Apr 11, 2013 6:53 AM

Sep 2011
Kananipa said:
Dat flash of Kurugaya's route. Want has now plx. Though since they didn't do any romance with the others I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't know if this is counted as spoiler but just in case. Anyway, this just a very mild one if this counted as spoiler so it's okay and it's up to you if you want open this.

Apr 11, 2013 2:17 PM

Mar 2013
I have no idea what this show was about after ~26 weeks, I did keep watching it every week. Some will say that's shallow, so be it.

The music is very enjoyable.

That's all. ^_-
Cherish what you know is true
Apr 12, 2013 6:51 AM

Oct 2011
Little Busters is really nice, now I really want to see the second season.. can't wait for it D:
Apr 12, 2013 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
Hope season 2 is more interesting.
Apr 12, 2013 6:15 PM

Sep 2012
i did not play the visual novel but this show was rumoured to be good but it turnded out to be quite slow and boring...but this little mystery thing going seems interesting...looking forward to season 2...seems like it is hyped i hope its not bad as season 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2013 2:01 AM

May 2010
OH COME ON.
How sexy anime charater can get.

I mean just look at him!

Pure sex.
First Rin, now Kyousuke, Natsume siblings gets some reeeaeaally nice fanservice, me loves it!

About the episode overall: Really good, I liked how every heroine had a moment for herself. Kengo is a WIN right now, with his jumper and everything, he overreacts even more than he did in the visual novel - great! I think that they should have made it clear, that it's after he fell down, like it was in the visual novel, anime-only watchers might be a bit confused now.

About the whole show: It was really good! For me, at least. Probably it is because I know Refrain, and characters were dear to me since the begining. Maybe not arcs were the best, but my enjoyment was about 9/10. I'll give 8/10 as the final score, since by itself it's not that good as my other nines. Well, but that's how I would rate first part of the game as well, not counting Yuiko and Rin routes after all, so I don't think this adaptation failed, or anything like that.

Though I didn't like that they didn't do proper episode for the match. I think that most people liked the basketball/baseball episodes of Clannad, I definitely did. It's a bit silly, how they were talking about it through the whole anime, but it lasted about 2 minutes. That's what last episode should have been about, in my opinion. And no Sasami taking picture of them :(

Now I'm of course waiting for the Refrain, it MUST be epic. PV at the end of last episode was brilliant and gave me chills, I regret a bit that I know what's going to happen ;) Also I wonder how Kurugaya's route will look like. Hyped as hell.
Apr 14, 2013 6:32 AM

Jun 2009
Weak-ass ending to a weak-ass show. Man, what a huge disappointment.

I didn't give a flying fuck about even a single one of these characters. Whether something good happened to them or something bad, I just. didn't. care. And I think that's one of the worst things one can say about this kind of show.

Little Busters spectacularly failed where the other Key shows have their strong points: creating emotional attachement to the characters. As a result, it bored me to death...

Also Riki is without a doubt the most bland and uninteresting male lead (if you can call him that) of the Key shows. Come on, at least give him SOME backstory and development. This isn't so bad in a VN where the MC is just a stand-in for yourself so you can feel like you are him, but in an anime it's just plain boring.

I guess it was just some sort of build up to the second season? But even then it was pretty damn weak. So weak in fact, that I won't even watch a second season. This first season just wasn't good enough for me.

Glad it's over, last couple of episodes felt like a chore to watch. I often only had it playing in the background while doing something else. 6/10
grandy_UiDApr 14, 2013 6:41 AM
Apr 14, 2013 6:33 AM

Mar 2013
It was a great episode and an opening up for the ~Refrain~.
Apr 15, 2013 8:16 PM
Jun 2011
Well, I upheld my promise to them.
But...Refrain?
I couldn't watch AfterStory in Clannad... I ran away because it tore apart the good and exposed them to so much pain.

I said I wouldn't run from who I am any more, but in the wake of the world preparing for self destruction, can more suffering really lead me to salvation?
If I follow this, will I get my power back that I lost, or is it my turn to step down and give up on my dreams of greatness?
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Apr 15, 2013 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
Hoshimaru57 said:
Well, I upheld my promise to them.
But...Refrain?
I couldn't watch AfterStory in Clannad... I ran away because it tore apart the good and exposed them to so much pain.

I said I wouldn't run from who I am any more, but in the wake of the world preparing for self destruction, can more suffering really lead me to salvation?
If I follow this, will I get my power back that I lost, or is it my turn to step down and give up on my dreams of greatness?

yes
Apr 16, 2013 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Weak-ass ending to a weak-ass show. Man, what a huge disappointment.

I didn't give a flying fuck about even a single one of these characters. Whether something good happened to them or something bad, I just. didn't. care. And I think that's one of the worst things one can say about this kind of show.

Little Busters spectacularly failed where the other Key shows have their strong points: creating emotional attachement to the characters. As a result, it bored me to death...

Also Riki is without a doubt the most bland and uninteresting male lead (if you can call him that) of the Key shows. Come on, at least give him SOME backstory and development. This isn't so bad in a VN where the MC is just a stand-in for yourself so you can feel like you are him, but in an anime it's just plain boring.

I guess it was just some sort of build up to the second season? But even then it was pretty damn weak. So weak in fact, that I won't even watch a second season. This first season just wasn't good enough for me.

Glad it's over, last couple of episodes felt like a chore to watch. I often only had it playing in the background while doing something else. 6/10

They do tell his backstory. Hell, it's because of his backstory that he can even solve any of the girls problems. And he certainly does develop. He gets stronger and stronger (mentally) after every arc. Hell, Mio's route is filled with development for Riki.

(And also, not going to spoil to much here, but the whole point of the show is Riki and Rin's development. Even the secret of the world is to do with that. Now I shall back away and shut my mouth now. I've already told more than I probably should've)
Apr 16, 2013 3:51 PM
Feb 2013
grandy_UiD said:

Soooo you gave it a 6?
Apr 16, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
The last few episodes that purposefully recapped a few events and brought more focus to the grand plot of Little Busters, regarding Kyousuke, Riki, and Rin.

Meh, too many people overlook the development of the Little Busters characters.
Luckily, there won't be as many asshats watching the second season. I'd rather enjoy and discuss it along with people who actually payed attention to the events in the anime.
Apr 18, 2013 4:39 AM

Jun 2009
badgerkins said:
grandy_UiD said:

Soooo you gave it a 6?

errrrmmm yes?
Apr 18, 2013 5:33 AM
Feb 2013
grandy_UiD said:
badgerkins said:
grandy_UiD said:

Soooo you gave it a 6?

errrrmmm yes?

I dunno. 6 is considered a little above average but you highlighted only negative things about this series so i'm just wondering why you were merciful with the rating.
Apr 19, 2013 1:34 AM

Jun 2009
It wasn't actually bad. Just extremely mediocre and therefore failed to keep my attention. The disappointment was probably just bigger since I expected much more because it's a Key show (that might be why my first post turned into quite the rant). Ironically the fact that it's Key show might have made me give it an extra point. I didn't want to be too mean, I guess xD (I wasn't sure whether to give it a 5 or 6 and ended up with the higher score).

It wasn't THAT terrible but it certainly wasn't good either. Not bad, just lame.
Apr 19, 2013 2:47 AM

Mar 2013
I`m looking forward for season 2 i hope i can cry like i did in clannad after story :)
Apr 21, 2013 5:41 AM
Mar 2008
Useless finale to an useless show.
Forced drama everywhere, characters acting retarded for the sake of being retarded, a boring plot that ended nowhere.
Yeah I know there's Refrain, but I don't give a damn, that's no excuse to produce this shit.
4/10
Apr 28, 2013 12:48 PM

Nov 2007
Can't wait for Season 2, I kinda hope Key would retake their project though and produce it under Visual Arts Key.

Nishizono (2nd), Saigusa (1st), and Kudryavka's (3rd) arc won my heart this season.
Apr 29, 2013 2:54 AM

Aug 2009
Kind of plain for an final episode but all goes well. So... Refrain is coming up... I would like to know the secret of the world too. Looks like After Story style to me :/

Oh and I will miss the Wafu!s
May 5, 2013 11:04 AM

Jul 2010
still perplexed why angel beats had more emotion than a show with 26 episodes. hopefully the second season will be MUCH better because 3/4ths of the show felt like it had already been done in some other show. the saigusa arc was pretty well done though.

May 5, 2013 11:17 AM

Sep 2012
Angel_Beats said:
still perplexed why angel beats had more emotion than a show with 26 episodes. hopefully the second season will be MUCH better because 3/4ths of the show felt like it had already been done in some other show. the saigusa arc was pretty well done though.

Because Angel Beats had Jun Maeda's planned ending despite being 13 episodes, and Refrain is Little Busters' ending. Comparing LB season 1 to Angel Beats is like comparing Clannad season 1 to Angel Beats.

The individual character arcs in LB are like Iwasama and Yui's episodes in terms of emotion compared to what the final episodes have to offer.
(Although, the arcs were all much better in the VN in every way)

If you want feels that can surpass After Story and Angel Beats, try the visual novel, which will completely surpass Angel Beats (inb4 umad)
Vladz0rMay 5, 2013 11:25 AM
May 5, 2013 2:04 PM

Jul 2010
after all that slice of life i'm surprised i never compared clannad season 1 to little busters.

not a fan of visual novels so i'll pass on that one and no i'm not going to get pissy from that.

any who was kurugaya the exclusive character added to the little buster's anime or was that another character?

May 5, 2013 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
Angel_Beats said:

any who was kurugaya the exclusive character added to the little buster's anime or was that another character?

I bet you meant Tokido Saya since she's the exclusive new character in Little Busters. And yeah, Tokido Saya hasn't appeared on the anime, yet, unless we count her cameo appearances.

May 12, 2013 11:06 AM

May 2012
Not the ending that I was expecting but still quite a nice ending for this first season, I'm definitely going to see the second season as the whole setting quite interests me and as there are still lots of questions unanswered about the characters and what's going on, this ending focused back on the main goal that started with the first episode 'Baseball' so yea while I'm not a fan of the sport concept the character chapters were really interesting that made me actually really love this anime!

The pace was decent, art and animation were quite lovely and the whole story from every single character had an unique and very heartwarming ending to each of them!

So lets see what the second season has to offer when it will air!
May 13, 2013 8:19 PM

Sep 2012
So I finally got around to finishing this. Overall 6/10 anime (above average).

As a VN fan (I'd say it's my favorite VN of all-time and I haven't even played the EX/ME version yet) I was a bit disappointed in how they adapted some things. Haruka's route should have been longer imo, spent more time on the baseball game that they had hyped up from the very beginning of the show, put more focus on the battle ranking system, and they should have spent more time with character development for the cast so that the viewers could bond with them more. I did like how they managed to still keep the characters around (especially Komari) when it wasn't their route though. I also REALLY didn't like them trying to have random "foreshadow" scenes of Refrain in the middle of Kud's route. Overall though, I feel like most scenes in the anime were less emotional than they were in the VN.

Looking forward to Season 2 though. Really hoping they manage to adapt it well. Gettin ready for some feels!
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
May 14, 2013 8:12 AM

Sep 2011
OGHelios said:
So I finally got around to finishing this. Overall 6/10 anime (above average).

As a VN fan, I was a bit disappointed in how they adapted some things. Haruka's route should have been longer imo, and they should have spent more time with character development for the cast so that the viewers could bond with them more. I did like how they managed to still keep the characters around (especially Komari) when it wasn't their route though. I also REALLY didn't like them trying to have random "foreshadow" scenes of Refrain in the middle of Kud's route. Overall though, I feel like most scenes in the anime were less emotional than they were in the VN.

+1.

It seems we have almost exactly the same thoughts except some parts(battle rankings and baseball).

May 21, 2013 4:08 PM

Apr 2011
I don't get how this was a romance genre.. it has no romance it in.. -.-
May 21, 2013 5:27 PM

Sep 2012
sn0w said:

Hey hey, Riki has more girls to check out until he gets to that part than Tomoya did XD
There will be romance next season. There's implied romance in most of the routes anyway, the girls all lust for Riki's
Vladz0rMay 21, 2013 5:34 PM
May 22, 2013 12:05 AM

Jan 2013
Vladz0r said:
sn0w said:

Hey hey, Riki has more girls to check out until he gets to that part than Tomoya did XD
There will be romance next season. There's implied romance in most of the routes anyway, the girls all lust for Riki's

*smacks Vladz0r with a paper fan*
Stop messing around! This isn't LB EX.

The source material is a galge with a route for each heroine. It contains loads of romance. Kud route, for instance has so much romance in it, you'll wonder where to put all those feels you get(best confession ever included). And surely, you don't think that Riki originally nearly drowned himself to get Mio back because she's such a 'precious friend' ?

However, for some reason, J.C Staff decided to not include any romance into this season, making 'friendship' the topic instead. While it kinda sucks not having any romance in it, making LB just another Harem with Riki as just another generic, clueless harem lead would also be a deviation from the source material... a kinda lame deviation in my opinion.

So yeah, just look forward to the second season ^^
Naoki-SatenMay 22, 2013 12:09 AM
May 28, 2013 7:48 PM

Aug 2012
The Little Busters are the best!
Jun 1, 2013 10:09 AM

Sep 2011
Nice final episode, it was good to see all the things they've been through with each girl getting a little time for themselves. The match was also nice :)
I didn't expect them to reveal much of Refrain and the secret of the world in this ep, so I wasn't really disappointed. But I was very glad for that last ending sequence. Even though they left us hanging, they also pumped me up for Refrain :)

Now for the show itself (I haven't read the VN so I can't really compare even though I hear that this was an okay adaptation at best):
The strongest point of the anime was easily the cast. I really liked their diversity and their development throughout the show. Riki was a decent lead, he wasn't as bad as I first expected him to be, but he wasn't very unique either. I can't and don't want to compare him to Tomoya or Yuuichi, but let's just say that he wasn't really as memorable as them. He got enough development though (for now, until Refrain), so I'm glad. And he really was the one who held the others together.
The guys were nice overall. Kyousuke was nice, Masato was great and fun, and Kengo was okay.
My favorite heroine was Rin, she is just incredibly cute. I love her shyness and personality :) Next would be Haruka, her energetic and fun personality was always welcome to lighten up everyone.
My tier until Refrain is the following:
Rin > Haruka > Komari > Kanata > Kud > Sasami > Kurugaya > Mio
My favorite arc was Haruka's. It really hit me hard with a lot of different emotions. Mio's was okay (mainly because I didn't like Mio herself that much, I'm not fond of the silent girl type). Komari's had a pretty powerful breakdown as well, so it was also good. And of course Kud's arc wasn't bad either. The others, well, I guess I will have to wait for those :/
I'm pretty sad though that there were pretty much no romance at all. I hoped that by the end Riki and Rin are going to get closer to each other :( I mean, they are getting together later, right? Right? :(
Art and sound (especially the OP and Ame nochi Hare) were great, though I'm sad it wasn't made by KyoAni, I have a little feeling that they would have done an even better job.

And now for THE plot.
I'm really intrigued, as some of you may have already noticed from the theories I started making in the last few episodes. I really can't wait to see where this is all going and whether or not my deductions were right.

Like I said in the beginning, I can't compare this with the VN, but I can safely say that what I've seen was great. So I can only imagine how much better the VN could be. I'm still not sure if I can wait for Refrain to start or I should try out the VN. I'm not really the VN type :/ It's a shame though that this supposedly didn't turn out to be a very good adaptation and I have a little fear whether they will do Refrain as good as the people want it. I have a feeling KyoAni should have taken up this project :/
The anime, as it is now (and I'm not rating the VN), gets an 9/10 from me. It had some great arcs and some decent arcs, the comedy was almost always great as well and most of the characters were memorable. I would have liked just a little more character development though. I also liked the theme of friendship and I often felt like I was a part of the Little Busters as well.
However, for now, it didn't touch me as much as Clannad (the family theme touched me much more) or Kanon, though it was much better than Air and was somewhat better than Angel Beats. But I can't wait for Refrain (I guess it will be similar to ~AS~ in the sense that the first half will be the remaining arcs and the 2nd half will be the real Refrain) which many deem better and more tearjerking than After Story :)
RazielZeroJan 2, 2014 1:26 PM
Jun 1, 2013 10:39 AM

Sep 2012
Just play the visual novel sometime over the summer. Little Busters: Refrain might not even start by Fall 2013, so you'll be waiting a while, and it's one of the best visual novels out there, especially if you're already liking the characters.

The VN gives you the romance between the heroine and main character that you're looking for, and pretty much mends any issue you had with the anime.
The anime was mostly inconclusive, and I think a lot of people thought that there was no reward by the end besides solidifying certain elements of the mystery aspect of Little Busters in the last few episodes, but anyway, we'll see how LB does next season when the actual story begins.
Jun 13, 2013 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
Nice solid ending.
8/10
Jun 24, 2013 1:57 PM

Jun 2012
my body is ready for refrain.

9/10
Jul 4, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2013
Yeah great episode but no lovey doveyv>_<
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 5, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2011
^ Season 2 will have romance.

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.