Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 6, 2013 11:40 PM

Oct 2011
8/10 from me.

No adaptation will be the same as game/book/manga so I won't complain on that - they moved things here and there, added stuff but in the end it worked.

Weakest part were visuals and, of course, soundtrack - from time to time it felt random or didn't fit the scenes. For sure it was uneven, some great stuff mixed with trully mediocre one.

In terms of enjoyment it was awesome - I liked the changes, they expanded a bit Komari's role and went more into "Secret of the World" thing. Anime-only watchers might be lost here on the other side so I'm glad I've played the game.

Finally it's my favourite Key adaptation - Clannad had irritating main character (not to mention his best friend), Air was disjointed thing and I couldn't stand faces in Kanon (it might be good but it was too much for me).
Apr 6, 2013 11:46 PM

Jan 2011
At first I was thinking of giving LB! 8/10 but the first half of the show lowered it to 7/10 due to how J.C Staff portrayed some of the scene poorly. The second half was the more enjoyable for me and was happy that the quality improved.

Overall score: 7/10
Apr 7, 2013 12:10 AM
Aug 2011
For me the comedy and moe mattered the most, for the drama, I wasn't really touched by anyone except Mio, and the route I was waiting for (Rin) didn't get much attention, meh, 6/10, let the Refrain come, in the meantime I will try to clear the game and see the refrain myself before so I can compare its adaptation and see more about the caracters (I cleared Komari's route, but my save bugged and I'll have to do it again):(
Apr 7, 2013 12:24 AM

Jan 2010
Honestly, I didn't play the novel, but anime`s story pretty much went nowhere. The only reason i gave it six is because the art was pretty. Well, the preview for next season seemed interesting, so I hope it`ll get better.
Apr 7, 2013 12:27 AM

Feb 2013
Yay second season! Man those hints make me want to see the second season so badly. Guess I'll see everyone around for season two, was fun chatting with everyone!

Oh Mio, always good with the MOE points. Glad to see everyone working together so hard, oh man looking forward to Refrain so bad now. Glad to see all the development coming to fruition here, also Riki x Rin <3. That heartfelt scene between Riki and Kyousuke was really good too, "You need to surpass me, Riki. Become stronger." It's interesting how they managed to get all the heroines to come talk with Riki about how he helped them so naturally. Man that scene with Haruka & Mio <3 and also the one with Komari, Kud & Kurugaya <3. Watching Riki struggle was also quite interesting and man was it satisfying to see all the girls help him in the end.

Man this part here almost brought me to tears. That high-five at the end!
Kyousuke: "Riki, ever since we were kids, we shared our fun and laughter. We've spent time together that made our hearts dance. But every story has to come to an end. No one can stay a kid forever. Time passes, and people grow up. There will be a day when we will no longer be together."

That baseball game, talk about all the buildup to watch something so awesome. Great to see them all working together so well. Glad to also see that all the other side characters and EX route characters got a small cameo on the side watching the game.

The picture at the end made this whole season worth it, It was a bumpy ride but it certainly turned out a lot better than expected. I'm kind of sad already that we won't have Little Busters to watch for quite some time... This was overall a good adaptation of this part of the VN, I enjoyed the fact that they played the full version of "Little Busters! ~TV animation ver.~" to top it all off. I wonder if Refrain will play the Little Jumpers version for the end of Refrain. SO EXCITED!
shcboomerApr 7, 2013 9:14 AM
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 7, 2013 12:28 AM

Dec 2007
shirayuki75 said:
And apparently the secret to winning in baseball is to have a bunch of cute girls on your team.

But they lost by 8 runs.
Apr 7, 2013 12:32 AM

Sep 2011
8/10. Surely the last few episodes kinda save the series to me. I always thought of giving a 7.

Apr 7, 2013 12:55 AM

Dec 2011
This episode provided some decent closure to this anime.
Otherwise, I was like snoozing for a good portion of it.
Apr 7, 2013 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
overall boring , the trailer for the next season was the most exciting part of this anime , and I'm not even joking
Apr 7, 2013 1:06 AM

Nov 2012
Enjoyed it but man, admins really need to remove the 'romance' genre from Little Busters' mal entry,

Anyway, enjoyed the ride, was fun to watch, I'd give it 7/10 but I'll be generous and give it 8 for the brilliant music.

Second season, we await you!

Apr 7, 2013 1:28 AM

Sep 2012
Hey guys.

Do you think Tokido Saya will appear on Refrain?
Apr 7, 2013 1:29 AM

Sep 2011
ElfinMint said:

Obviously no.

Apr 7, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
Tennouji_ said:
ElfinMint said:

Obviously no.

why? i haven`t played the VN or the manga yet.

i find her so attractive.
Apr 7, 2013 2:01 AM

Sep 2011
ElfinMint said:
Tennouji_ said:
ElfinMint said:

Obviously no.

why? i haven`t played the VN or the manga yet.

i find her so attractive.

If you don't mind spoilers though this is just a very mild one.

TennoujiApr 7, 2013 2:07 AM

Apr 7, 2013 2:12 AM

Mar 2013
Well we still not sure if the second season will just be all about refrain or having something first b4 getting into it.
As long as Saya arc stay in its own space,they should still be able to make it fit in.
and stop crushing my only hope and dream,will you
Apr 7, 2013 2:13 AM

Sep 2010
Ending was so much better than what I expected....
Even though anime has more generic episodes... I still enjoyed it....
And from what I'm hearing season 2's story will be better than this....
Waiting for Refrain

Final ep - 4/5
Series - 7/10
Apr 7, 2013 2:15 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:
Well we still not sure if the second season will just be all about refrain or having something first b4 getting into it.
As long as Saya arc stay in its own space,they should still be able to make it fit in.

The trailer itself implied it'll contain Kurugaya's arc, Rin's arc and Refrain and none of the EX routes' scenes were shown.

Besides, I never said Saya's route won't be adapted so I ain't crushing your hope.

Apr 7, 2013 2:18 AM

Mar 2013
Tennouji_ said:
zakkun89 said:

The trailer itself implied it'll contain Kurugaya's arc, Rin's arc and Refrain and none of the EX routes' scenes were shown.

Besides, I never said Saya's route won't be adapted so I ain't crushing your hope.

Because they're called Refrain,the trailer will obviously filled with refrain materials to make people hyped up,and not some random EX route that doesn't really have to do with refrain.
At least that was what I hope.

I dont want Saya arc to be a OVA so second season is the best hope for me D:
Apr 7, 2013 2:24 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:
and not some random EX route that doesn't really have to do with refrain.

For some reason, I want to argue against you about that by using Sasami's route since her route is post-Refrain but not only that but I'm too lazy.

zakkun89 said:

But you already said it yourself that 2nd season is all about related to Refrain and Refrain itself. And it's implausible to end the 2nd season by using an EX route(To be specific, Saya's route). We can only hope that they'll adapt Saya's route by a Movie or two or another season dedicated for the EX routes.

Apr 7, 2013 2:31 AM

Sep 2010
Apart from episode 1-2 where I was like. Yea Little Busters anime!!! so happy so happy
most of episodes were disappointing, (things rushed, to slow, cut, no romance what so ever) well it's always happens in anime adaptation.
Anyway few last episodes were actually great, it awakened my old feelings which were asleep after VN and I feel great with it.

Overall my score for show was like this:
first 2 episodes: 10 yee (screw objective assessment, I will think about it later)
then episode 3, -1 =9.
after few more it went to 7.
and it stayed there right untill 2 last episodes, where it went back to 8. (Of course if I didn't play VN, it would stay at 7, but I did so 8 it is then).

Can't wait for Refrain as it's essence of LB, but apart from that Season 2 contains Kurugaya route aswell which is my second favorite. (There is also Rin rout but when you enter Rin2 it's straight wayto Refrain)
I think that Refrain will be executed right, just like it should. I more worried about 2 remaining routes which will turn out bad if they continue with no Romance what so ever.
Apr 7, 2013 2:32 AM

Mar 2013
Tennouji_ said:
zakkun89 said:
and not some random EX route that doesn't really have to do with refrain.

For some reason, I want to argue against you about that by using Sasami's route since her route is post-Refrain but not only that but I'm too lazy.

zakkun89 said:

But you already said it yourself that 2nd season is all about related to Refrain and Refrain itself. And it's implausible to end the 2nd season by using an EX route(To be specific, Saya's route). We can only hope that they'll adapt Saya's route by a Movie or two or another season dedicated for the EX routes.

Sasami arc doesn't deal directly with Refrain and she's just a supporting not that important character so......

lol I said we don't know if second season will be all about refrain or not.
So let's put Saya arc b4 refrain happened,who cares if people know about the secret of the world or not !

LOL
Apr 7, 2013 2:38 AM

Jun 2009
Not quite as good as I hoped, but decent enough.

Can't wait for refrain.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2013 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
Well that was one unbelievable episode...
I've got to be honest, I'm pretty hyped up to this Refrain route as much as the players
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Apr 7, 2013 2:40 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:

Sasami arc doesn't deal directly with Refrain and she's just a supporting not that important character so......

You sure? I don't know if you had some knowledge about it or at least you played her route but I'm getting too tired to care. Her route doesn't necessarily deal directly but it still had relations to the Refrain in which her route also affects the secret of the world like Kurugaya's route. Still, you're wrong because it deals directly with Refrain and one of the reason is because her route is post-Refrain.

Plus it's also not necessary to imply that it's not important. In fact, to be blunt, Saya's route is isn't much more necessary than Sasami's route or even Kanata's route since Sasami's route and Kanata's route are post-Refrain, most likely, sequels after the events of Refrain while Saya's route is a whole new story.
TennoujiApr 7, 2013 2:49 AM

Apr 7, 2013 2:54 AM

Mar 2013
Tennouji_ said:
zakkun89 said:

You sure? I don't know if you had some knowledge about it or at least you played her route but I'm getting too tired to care. Her route doesn't necessarily deal directly but it still had relations to the Refrain in which her route also affects the secret of the world like Kurugaya's route. Still, you're wrong because it deals directly with Refrain and one of the reason is because her route is post-Refrain.

Plus it's also not necessary to imply that it's not important. In fact, to be blunt, Saya's route is isn't much more necessary than Sasami's route or even Kanata's route since Sasami's route and Kanata's route are post-Refrain, most likely, sequels after the events of Refrain.

By deal directly,I mean it's being part of what making refrain.Kurugaya's arc,like other LB! girls is part of the Refrain build up.
Sasami being post-refrain doesn't really make it the same with Kurugaya.But that is base on each person's opinion I guess.

And wait,since when did Kanata is post refrain ???
Apr 7, 2013 2:55 AM

Aug 2008
Will the two extra characters get some air time next season? Or perhaps on the "third"?

Either way, I liked the run. Looking forward to the next one.
Apr 7, 2013 2:57 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:

Sasami being post-refrain doesn't really make it the same with Kurugaya.

What I mean is their stories are same on their way. For instance, about the secret of the world.

zakkun89 said:

And wait,since when did Kanata is post refrain ???

Here's the short way of explaining it. The first 3/4 events of Kanata's route is before Refrain and the last 1/4 events of Kanata's route is after Refrain.
TennoujiApr 7, 2013 3:01 AM

Apr 7, 2013 2:58 AM

Sep 2011
Genix said:
Will the two extra characters get some air time next season? Or perhaps on the "third"?

You mean Sasami and Kanata? Probably they'll make another season for them plus Saya or OVAs.

Apr 7, 2013 3:06 AM

Mar 2013
Tennouji_ said:

Here's the short way of explaining it. The first 3/4 events of Kanata's route is before Refrain and the last 1/4 events of Kanata's route is after Refrain.

Ahhhhh

you mean
Apr 7, 2013 3:13 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:
Tennouji_ said:

Ahhhhh

you mean

Yep. Base on how I understand Kanata's route,

Apr 7, 2013 3:19 AM

Jul 2012
Have a cute Kyousuke everyone~
Apr 7, 2013 3:41 AM

Oct 2012
Nice episode to sum it all up, we got this baseball game also :) And Kurugaya route's coming, yay!

7/10 So far and I can't wait for Refrain.
Apr 7, 2013 3:43 AM

Apr 2010
Key has made a name even amongst us anime watchers however from that point i have to say that this was the worst Key adoption i have seen so far.
It was supposed to be drama like all works from Key but even tho the emotional scenes had to potential they just where not emotional, this is mostly to blame to the director who just wasn't cut out for this kind of thing.
And it is just annoying to see how many potentially great scenes where ruined because of this it's a shame since this could have been a great anime and it wasn't.
Apr 7, 2013 4:18 AM
Mar 2012
Hm... It was pretty good. I enjoyed it while it lasted. Maybe Jun Maeda just isn't my thing? I don't seem to enjoy neither this, Clannad or Angel Beats as much as other people do. Well, I give it a 'good' 7/10 for entertaining me.

I was excited to watch this every week, and it had some really nice moments especially during the Saigusa story arc. I don't know about others, but I myself prefer Kyousuke much over Riki as the leader.

Since people are hyping the next season up so much, I'm getting a little excited myself too. I'll definitely be watching the whole thing!
Apr 7, 2013 4:19 AM

Apr 2011
I can't wait for the second season! I hope they release it much sooner! ^^

Apr 7, 2013 4:26 AM

Dec 2012
GOGOGO REFRAINNNNN :DDDDD Doki Doki :>> Can't wait!
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 7, 2013 4:34 AM

Sep 2012
mshitsugaya10 said:
I can't wait for the second season! I hope they release it much sooner! ^^

Seems like, from the news forum thread, they will be re-running season one over the summer so people are expecting it will have the same sort of October - April run 2013-2014 as the first season.

See you all in October, I can't wait! Until then, I shall enjoy the rest of the season one discs and illustration booklets as they come out and can hopefully figure out a way to put the 800 yen money order together and deliver the OVA disc to a friend in Japan...
Apr 7, 2013 4:47 AM

Nov 2009
Satisifying End!!!

Good to see how Riki has earned everyone's respect and trust and they won the game. Did we actually a see a Kurugaya Arc?

Art: 9/10
Story: 9/10
Characters: 10/10
Music: 9/10
Overall Rating: 9/10

This series was very entertaining from the start and I'll be playing the Visual Novel to see what this 'Refrain' has in for me to see. Looking forward to the second season and hope to see it very soon!!

Kengo: 'LITTLE BUSTERS IS THE BEST!!!'

Episode Rating: 5/5

Apr 7, 2013 4:53 AM

Jan 2013
eso18 said:
Apart from episode 1-2 where I was like. Yea Little Busters anime!!! so happy so happy
most of episodes were disappointing, (things rushed, to slow, cut, no romance what so ever) well it's always happens in anime adaptation.
Anyway few last episodes were actually great, it awakened my old feelings which were asleep after VN and I feel great with it.

Overall my score for show was like this:
first 2 episodes: 10 yee (screw objective assessment, I will think about it later)
then episode 3, -1 =9.
after few more it went to 7.
and it stayed there right untill 2 last episodes, where it went back to 8. (Of course if I didn't play VN, it would stay at 7, but I did so 8 it is then).

Can't wait for Refrain as it's essence of LB, but apart from that Season 2 contains Kurugaya route aswell which is my second favorite. (There is also Rin rout but when you enter Rin2 it's straight wayto Refrain)
I think that Refrain will be executed right, just like it should. I more worried about 2 remaining routes which will turn out bad if they continue with no Romance what so ever.

Pretty much this, it was a nice ride however so I gave it a 8/10 though might re-score to a 7/10. Need to think about it lulz.
Apr 7, 2013 4:57 AM

May 2010
Awesome..2nd season.. wafuu
Apr 7, 2013 4:57 AM

Sep 2012
jenchiuk said:
Satisifying End!!!

Good to see how Riki has earned everyone's respect and trust and they won the game....

They actually lost, All Stars 18, Little Busters 10 unless I read the scoreboard wrong. But they still said the Little Busters are the best!
Apr 7, 2013 5:14 AM

Feb 2012
Oh wow I absolutely loved that scene where the OP played. Perhaps because I'm a total sucker for theme song montages, or perhaps because they finally included my favourite part of the opening theme, the second guitar section at the start that they always cut out in the actual opening of the show.

And I must say, I enjoyed it. I'm not going to judge it as a whole until I've watched Refrain, but the first season was decent.
Apr 7, 2013 5:19 AM

Mar 2010
I know everyone is hype about this anime but as someone who has not played the VN its hard for me to give this something better than a 7 out of 10. I really liked it a lot but it seemed like a build up for the second season, kind of like Clannad in a way.

I have several theories of what this "secret of the world" is but I am sure they are 100% wrong. But if I had to guess only Riki and Rin do not know what this secret is. Kyousuke (and the rest of the LB crew?) obviously knows what it is and is possibly the person sending Rin these task to do in order to find out the secret. I also find it weird that Rin or Riki have not told any of the other LB brew about these notes they have been getting.

I also have no idea how Riki's randomly falling asleep works into the story either. I wanted to make a thread for those who didn't play the VN to see what they think could be possibly going on, but I am a very lazy person =D (I am sure people who have played the VN would have a blast looking at how wrong/right people are about whats going on)
Apr 7, 2013 5:20 AM

Feb 2013
Can't wait until season 2 comes out and this was a really nice episode in general, so many smiles :)
Apr 7, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2010
Muchan said:
I also have no idea how Riki's randomly falling asleep works into the story either. I wanted to make a thread for those who didn't play the VN to see what they think could be possibly going on, but I am a very lazy person =D (I am sure people who have played the VN would have a blast looking at how wrong/right people are about whats going on)

Make one!! *wink wink*
I'm actually curious myself, so I might join in on the speculating! :D
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Apr 7, 2013 6:09 AM

Jul 2010
I wish I could give this anime a 9, really truly do. Sadly I can't. Even giving it an 8 might be based on my love of Little Busters VN.
Anyways if not an 8 it would certainly be a strong 7. Anyone who thinks this anime was bad or a horrible adaptation of the game can go shove it. This anime did what it had to, display what they could of the Little Busters game, and I will be the first to admit many things were done poorly that we couldn't get the emotional reaction that the visual novel provides, but the anime did its job well nonetheless.

In terms of this final episode, it really did feel like they were wrapping it up for Refrain to start. Everyone has had their regrets solved (except Kurugaya), and Riki has reached the level where he is strong enough not go on without Kyousuke. I"m glad they fit the baseball game in, CLannad AS shows Key makes entertaining sports scenes^^ and they finished off strong doing the Little Busters group photo (Predicatable, but like I mentioned, the anime covered what needed to be covered). Only thing about this episode I really didn't like was all of the random laughing before the pictures as the credits rolled. IT felt horribly fucking akward to watch. Its moments like this where the anime falls, I don't understand why they couldn't have done a scene for each of the characters even if they were in groups (ex. Part where Kengo and Masato are dancing together KINRIKU YEA YA). Why didn't everyone else get something like that!?

Anyways though. LAst thing worth mentioning is the Refrain PV. I've been looking forward to it since I finished the VN and I"m hoping the animators not only cover the basics, but are truly able to deliver on the emotional effect that Refrain contains. The Kurugaya arc was one of my favored stories in pre-refrain so I'm happy its not gonna get OVA'd, but what I"m worried about is people who only experienced the anime (not the VN) going into REfrain. I am worried they haven't been able to become emotionally connected with any of the characters from the first anime, ESPECIALLY RIN since Refrain is basically her story. I also don't believe the original 4 Little Busters haven't gotten enough attention either. Theres so much to worry about how Refrain will turn out, and thats mainly because I want it to be on par with Clannad AS, to become a legend in anime that people will never forget and be mentioned for years to come for greatest moments ever. Little Busters is easily able to accomplish this and I truly truly hope it does.
Apr 7, 2013 6:13 AM

Jul 2010
omfgugay said:
Muchan said:

Make one!! *wink wink*
I'm actually curious myself, so I might join in on the speculating! :D

Riki's narcolepsy was basically a tool the game makers used to represent a bad end. I mean this by in the VN where you make choices on what will happen, if you pick a bad choice, the story will move down that route where you see the consequences and then Riki will succumb to his narcolepsy making the screen fade to black and returning you to the main menu. Its also a symbol used to represent Riki's weakness that he must overcome since what you'll learn in Refrain when you watch it is that a focus of Little Busters is Riki becoming stronger himself.
Apr 7, 2013 6:24 AM

Jan 2013
Subarashii~

Such a great episode to wrap up the season.
I really liked the anime-only scenes, like every heroine paying a visit to Riki, thanking him for helping them and bringing everyone together.
Every heroine got plenty screentime, so no complaints in that department, either ^^

Great job for picturing the friendship theme, J.C.Staff!

Totally looking forward to Refrain!
Naoki-SatenApr 7, 2013 6:28 AM
Apr 7, 2013 6:31 AM

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, the latest episode was alright I guess. Loved watching some of the happy moments in this episode with the smiles. Lol @ Kud this episode as usual. Oh God, that cute little cookie. Hope Riki will make a fine leader on the team. Overall, I sort of liked LB in a way. I also hope that Refrain will be adapted well in the future.

Otherwise, I'm definitely expecting Season 2 to be animated in the future! Go team:

I was expecting that the secret of the world would be explained, but i guess this is going to be like clannad, the first season was all laughs and hapiness and the second season was all tears and feelings :D
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Apr 7, 2013 6:38 AM

Aug 2010
I really love the VN, and I really want to give this a high score but... this adaptation... it kind of sucked. 5/10 for me. I'm sure Refrain will be a lot better.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2013

288 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 10:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.