Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2013 5:27 AM

Jan 2012
I`m loving their conversations and debates :D

gonna stick with it till the end xD

did the same reaction and facial reaction xD
Apr 5, 2013 5:29 AM

Aug 2008
Character design is a little bit hard to stand but series might turn out pretty fine. Let's see what we get in the next episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 5, 2013 5:57 AM

Nov 2012
oh, better manga then the anime

Apr 5, 2013 6:10 AM

Apr 2010
Really liked it. I say things very bluntly and harsh sounding(even though I mean well sometimes) like these characters so I get kicks out of their interactions. I feel I'll probably like this show a lot more than most people. :D
Apr 5, 2013 6:21 AM

Apr 2009
It was good. May not be ground breaking but things work well here threw 1.
lol @ him getting put in the friends zone. Im glad that never happened to me. Those flashbacks or should I say more like things you want to forget.. I like the back and forth between the characters here.
Apr 5, 2013 6:29 AM

Sep 2011
Well, it's a bit more cheerful than manga, a generally dialogues are not so harsh and rude, I guess same goes for LN.
Apr 5, 2013 6:29 AM
Oct 2009
It feels like a mix of other anime of this genre (Haganai, Hyouka, MM!, etc.) and not in a very good way. Very predictable, and I was hoping Hikki wouldn't be so "I say I wanna be alone but it's obvious I just want friends". It doesn't feel to me as believable as Houtarou who just hated using his energy, or Kodaka who says he wants friends but can't make any because of his face. But anyway, I'll give it another try.
Apr 5, 2013 6:37 AM

Dec 2012
I'll continue watching it!! Pretty interesting characters, nice art and this kind of story I do like to watch :)
Although the guy looks kind of weird.. don't know how to say it, but.. oh well, I guess I'll get adapted to it!!
Apr 5, 2013 6:48 AM
Aug 2011
NotHaganai

I hear "bitch" , I read "slut"
Commie, please.

My Teenage RomCom SNAFU
Commie, fucking please.

Great start anyway, still, it doesn't remind me of Haganai, because its... "NotHaganai"

Hikki is awesome. I liked his internal monologue and flashbacks. Poor guy.

Second half was a bit fast, but not to the point that it was bad.

5/5 , Yui x Yuki - No Harem
Apr 5, 2013 7:26 AM

Mar 2011
Now this is automatically better than OreShura.

For one, rather than it being about a guy who "hates love", it's just a guy who hates everything. That's much better, with OreShura that just felt like a fucking stupid pretense, but here it actually appears like a proper issue that the series will address.

The art of the protagonist was underwhelming, I only looked at the cover photo for the LN but I quite liked the art, I knew it'd be different in the anime but "Hiki" has definitely suffered the most visually from the transition.

Well, end of the day it's a harem rom com based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title so I expect this to turn into a pile of turd in no time at all, but until that happens I'll try to keep my hopes up.
Apr 5, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2011
Beginning seemed boring and bad, but it turned out pretty well towards the end of the episode. Definitely picking this up.
Apr 5, 2013 7:47 AM
Dec 2012
kinda funny episode :) the cookie scene made me laugh so hard

but i hope it gets some kind of a plot ^^
Apr 5, 2013 7:50 AM
Sep 2012
The show won the week for me. UtaPri was close second. It seems that i'll be enjoying it until the end. My only little complaint is that they could have followed the LN background setting with real-life backgrounds. Doing it in the ED was ok.
Apr 5, 2013 7:52 AM
Dec 2012
eminagnam said:
I felt deja vu perhaps b/c I had watched similar anime..

Medaka box maybe? the request stuff
Apr 5, 2013 8:10 AM

Apr 2013
I loved this episode - The male character made this so hilarious that made me very interested in seeing where this is going.
Yahari <3
Apr 5, 2013 8:25 AM
Apr 2013
I have read the novels up to volume 6... and they are really good IMO...
but since this anime will only be 12 episodes, the plot will only go up to volume 3 of the light novel...
For some people, things will not get really interesting since the plot only thickens considerably after volume 4 of the light novel... This season will sorta serve as an exposition to the deeper plot later on.
Still, if they follow the light novel closely, this show will be good.
Another thing is they animated Yui a bit differently from what I expected haiz.
However, I still recommend this show to everyone, it's quite enjoyable :)
Apr 5, 2013 8:29 AM

Sep 2010
Boring first episode, but hopefully it will get better in a couple more weeks if not then I will probably drop. I do like the main guy though.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 5, 2013 8:46 AM

Sep 2011
Uhm pretty average so far. I hope they don't talk for half the episode everytime in that classroom because I've already had enough of that in GJ-Bu and Seito.
Apr 5, 2013 8:49 AM
Jan 2010
intro
"I HATE MY YOUTH AND EVERYONE WHO HAS FRIENDS SHOULD JUST DIE"
5 minutes later
"hey yukino wanna be friends"

oh my gooooooooooooooooooooooooood
Apr 5, 2013 8:53 AM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
Uhm pretty average so far. I hope they don't talk for half the episode everytime in that classroom because I've already had enough of that in GJ-Bu and Seito.
From what I read in Japanese forums fans of the LN said there are NOT ENOUGH talk in the anime because for them the main fun of the LN is IN THE TALK. So get prepared for at least the same level of talk in later episodes (though perhaps it may take place in some place other than that classroom).
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 9:14 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Tyrel said:
From what I read in Japanese forums fans of the LN said there are NOT ENOUGH talk in the anime because for them the main fun of the LN is IN THE TALK. So get prepared for at least the same level of talk in later episodes (though perhaps it may take place in some place other than that classroom).

As long as it's not in the same classroom 24/7 that's fine. If it's like this kind of talking each ep I'm fine.
Apr 5, 2013 9:17 AM

Mar 2011
wailofthebanshee said:
intro
5 minutes later

To be fair I don't think the anime is being stupid, I think it's actually portraying how, despite the fact he says he hates everyone, he does in fact want friends. They're making a point of the fact he's lying to himself to make him feel better. He's consoling himself, pretending he doesn't want friends because he's afraid to get hurt.

So basically I think the difference between his words and his actions is very much intentional. I'm actually fairly impressed at how intelligent the show is for a genre so retarded.
Apr 5, 2013 9:19 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Tyrel said:
Well, there was a scene in the teachers' office, the home ec room, and out in the school grounds, but I do understand what you are saying.
Apr 5, 2013 9:20 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
InfiniteRyvius said:

So basically I think the difference between his words and his actions is very much intentional.
Yeah, that was my take as well.
Apr 5, 2013 9:26 AM

Sep 2012
So. Uh. I have weird tastes in anything, including anime.
I liked it. Smiled throughout it. The orange haired girl is the best. Haha.
Apr 5, 2013 9:40 AM

Nov 2012
Hmm..

Apr 5, 2013 10:05 AM

Mar 2011
If anyone can like OreShura but not this, then shame on you.
Apr 5, 2013 10:36 AM

Feb 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
wailofthebanshee said:
intro
5 minutes later

To be fair I don't think the anime is being stupid, I think it's actually portraying how, despite the fact he says he hates everyone, he does in fact want friends. They're making a point of the fact he's lying to himself to make him feel better. He's consoling himself, pretending he doesn't want friends because he's afraid to get hurt.

So basically I think the difference between his words and his actions is very much intentional. I'm actually fairly impressed at how intelligent the show is for a genre so retarded.
THIS. The MC decent and for once. I know i shouldnt watch this since it;s a rom-com but i gave Chu-Byo a chance so might as well
Apr 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Mar 2013
tsubasalover said:
Volunteer club with members with no friend. Both OP and ED are interesting.

Interesting short: Ore ga Iru (really not relating to the title).

Members with no friends...sounds a lot like Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai haha

The main character looks similar to Ryuuji Takasu from Toradora!, well the eyes and such.
I think I'm going to enjoy this series
Apr 5, 2013 11:08 AM

Aug 2012
Love the start to anime seasons!

Decent episode, liking the characters so far.
Apr 5, 2013 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
So far I enjoyed the first episode. I agree that this anime is very reminiscent to others, however I think we can all at some point in our lives relate to Hikki's fear of rejection. That's what makes this story interesting to me. I want to see how Hikki and Yukino evolve. They both have issues and by helping others they will probably end up helping themselves along the way. At this point I am willing to go on their journey with them. We will have to see what episode 2 brings.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 5, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2012
The get-some-friend situation is like Haganai

The sharp conversation is like Bakemonogatari
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 11:24 AM

Jan 2011
Thus far one of the best of the new shows and it raises my hopes for a decent rom-com. The two female leads look and sound good, and I've missed Ryuuji...um, Hachiman. I'm in for the season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 5, 2013 11:31 AM

Jul 2012
First Impression:

And yet another School Rom-Com.
But at least it is cute.

Story

The antisocial guy is in a club to change his life by a girl. Well trophe of the decade!
But it is well made. I think I will enjoy it.

Animation

Brainsbase can do better.
The character designs look super generic, and the overall animation isn't impressive.
I do like the stylized scenes though!
Has this bakemonogateri feeling sometimes.

Sound

I don't even wanna mention the VA anymore. They all do a good job. If something is outstanding I mention it if not well so be it.
The score is generic as well, and OP and ED are lame too.

Characters

As usual the romcom relies on good characters.
I already like the MC. He has a similar cynical attitude like me, but I already see it coming how they change him to a nice little bitch... I hope he keeps some of his cool.
The sensei is your typical hard but caring personality.
The main girl the possible love interest and yet again a Kuudere.
Genkigirl is likable but will probably lose her steam very soon.

It all hinges on the MC

Enjoyment

4/5
Nice non the less. Nothing amazing but sure something to keep me entertained every week.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Apr 5, 2013 11:48 AM

Oct 2011
I really liked the calm mood. The first episode was marvelous. But the animation leaves a lot to be desired in some way.
Apr 5, 2013 11:49 AM

Feb 2012
Even though I'm not a big fan of romantic comedies, I decided to give this one a shot and I like it so far. I guess it won't be anything special, but it's quite entertaining and the characters look nice.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Apr 5, 2013 11:49 AM

Feb 2009
Decent episode. The bantering reminds me of Bakemono while the friends situation with Haganai. Interesting mix and will be looking forward as to how the show will carry itself. Will be looking forward to this as the LN seems to be well-received in Japan, having ranked in the top 10 of the Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi 2013 rankings. Hikki is even in 4th place in the character poll, below the powerhouses like Touma and Kirito.

And oh no, I did not just hear Hiyama Nobuyuki voicing that chuuni fat guy that looks like Kouta from HOTD.
*checks character list* WTF IT'S REALLY HIM! WTF!
Apr 5, 2013 11:58 AM

Apr 2010
Wasn't to fond of this episode could use some more emotion as in some of the reactions they make both mains also seem to be very arrogant which annoyed me.
The last character to be introduced was the complete opposite of the two mains insecure and trying hard to fit in maybe to hard at that.
Sticking with this till next week tho maybe it will become better at some point.
Apr 5, 2013 12:00 PM

Sep 2010
Interesting romcom anime... with somewhat unique characters....
Will watch more...

3/5
Apr 5, 2013 12:03 PM

Oct 2009
Not bad, good start, 5/5 for now.
Apr 5, 2013 12:44 PM

Jul 2009
wow this is pretty good.
i love the interaction between the guy and girl. it feels like something i would do when im bored and just want to shoot the shit.
but what's with commie's translations? is it suppose to be that coarse and unrefined? liberal subs at its finest?
Apr 5, 2013 12:51 PM

Nov 2011
It was pretty interesting. So far for a first episode it seems pretty good.
Also I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Yui knew Hikigaya before hence the nick-name otherwise she's just overly friendly.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Apr 5, 2013 12:53 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed it a lot. I really liked the protagonist. Girls are okay, I hope they won't be annoying later.
I'm definitely gonna watch second episode.
5/5
I like pancakes.
Apr 5, 2013 12:55 PM
Jul 2011
Ragix said:
Also I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Yui knew Hikigaya before hence the nick-name otherwise she's just overly friendly.

Well, they're classmates. They're both from "2-F". And that's not spoiler: you can catch that from their introducings.
Apr 5, 2013 12:57 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
traittrait said:
Ragix said:

Well, they're classmates. Hikigaia from "2-F" and she from the same class.
Well, in Japan it's not normal for teens or adults to even use first names, never mind nicknames, unless they are close.
Apr 5, 2013 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
symbv said:
The get-some-friend situation is like Haganai

The sharp conversation is like Bakemonogatari

That last bit is why I think I'll watch it. I loved the barb trading.
Apr 5, 2013 1:19 PM

Mar 2013
Looks classic but a lot of potential so I'll be waiting.
I really like the characters, even if they're not particularly specials.
4.5/5
Will see how it goes.
Apr 5, 2013 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
So.... is it just me or is this just a reskinned Haganai? Really it's got the exact same setup and even the personalities are similar. They tried to pull off the same witty banter as Bakemono, but really I felt like it fell flat and I it just doesn't work that well without the bizarre camera angles. Honestly this ep wasn't bad, but I'm not a fan of generic school romcom's so hopefully it tries to make itself more unique in some way.
LoneWolfApr 5, 2013 1:57 PM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 5, 2013 1:32 PM

Aug 2011
I really liked it. For once, the MC isn't a dumbass tool. The girls are good too, they don't annoy me very much (at all, really). I liked their conversation too XD it was fun to listen to.

It reminded me of Haganai, but Hikki is definitely 10x better than Kodaka, Yuki's better than Yozora, and Yui's better than Sena (so far at least).

Hopefully it stays that way.
Apr 5, 2013 1:34 PM

Jul 2012
Two main characters with a low opinion of society? I'm in, looks like this'll be more decent than the last anime with an extremely long title I watched (but still need to finish now that I think about it...).
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.