Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2013 1:48 PM

Mar 2011
battosai-01 said:
So.... is it just me or is this a total ripoff of Haganai? Really it's got the exact same setup and even the personalities are similar. Honestly this ep wasn't bad, but I'm not a fan of generic school romcom's so hopefully it tries to make itself more unique in some way.

Not really, because the male protagonists have rather different issues, second whilst you may say the female leads are similar, they are in fact very different, the only similarities they have are their appearance and their stern/harsh attitude.

On another note, what would be the greatest title for a 'harem rom com based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title' be?

Something like "As expected raiding the honey pot for all its worth leads to a nice boat ending", as a possible name to an existing well known anime. Though that didn't have much "com".
Apr 5, 2013 2:05 PM

Feb 2012
Looks interesting, since they are in some helping club, we can expect all kinds of people and students coming in and ask for help, it should be nice, we'll see how it goes tho.
Apr 5, 2013 2:55 PM

Jul 2010
Seems like it'll be an interesting show to watch I can't spoil myself either because there's nothing on the character bios
You may read this quote , "However, by that point you'll have been torn to pieces."
Apr 5, 2013 3:03 PM

Aug 2011
Oregairu has the bantering from Monogatari, the get-a-friend situation from Haganai and a Sket Dance-ish type of club. Loving the characters designs. They remind me a lot of a more delinquent Kyousuke (from Oreimo), a less bitchy Yozora (Haganai) and Akari as a high schooler (Yuru Yuri).

And that OP by Yanagi Nagi. Love her voice!

Decent start. It's hitting all the right notes for me so far.
Apr 5, 2013 3:08 PM

Feb 2013
looks like an average anime from the outside but i really like the main characters behaviour.I hope the setting to change a bit (i´m hopping too much xD).

Apr 5, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2010
I liked it reminds me of Boku wa Tomodachi. The protagonist seems likeable so far, and the two female leads are also good.
Apr 5, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2011
The OP sounds quite familiar and nice.
And that guy's hair, just a little more then it's no different from Araragi's.
Quite enjoy a bit
Signature
Apr 5, 2013 4:19 PM

Oct 2010
Regardless how anyone thinks, I find this episode to be an accurate portrayal of high school students. I mean, I myself never have conversations like the one Hachiman and Yukino first shared on a daily basis but I have engaged in a similar one before. It's not that uncommon to ditch the youthful happiness teenagers are stereotyped to have and just simply think to ourselves of who we talk to and why we associate with such people.

But then again, I come from a very large high school so I guess that's why I have those kind of 'serious' conversations. ;D #YOLO.

This episode really entertained me though! I really loved the concept of this anime beforehand and bothered to read a couple of chapters of the anime (can't find any novel translations/summaries ;3;). I love Yukino's matter-of-fact character, her ability to simply just say what she feels and thinks is both bitchy and refreshing. (I know there will be comparisons between her and Yozora from that Neighborhood's Club anime but I couldn't ever find that anime remotely interesting). Hachiman is pleasing and I find his reaction to his rejection quite amusing and sadly relatable. I love his negative thoughts since it's sometimes how I think. ;3 #SADCONFESSION. Lastly, Yui is just precious (even though Yukino's my favorite so far).

I haven't read far into the manga/novel so I hope this anime continues to amuse and entertain those who tune in to watch. ^o^
Apr 5, 2013 4:38 PM

Mar 2012
I like the character that not quite shallow like other anime. And I like OP and ED too.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 5, 2013 4:46 PM

Aug 2012
The episode was okay, but the manga also had some kinda thought sharing between Hikki and Yukino and the visuals were . . .

Been reading the light novels and manga, the anime missed/tone down some parts of the interactions between them but it seems alright/decent so far.
Apr 5, 2013 4:48 PM

Apr 2010
Opening theme started. I was like "...Nagi? Nagi!"

Apr 5, 2013 4:52 PM

Jul 2010
Kinda the same premise as Toradora! or Haganai with the delinquent looking guy everybody seems to avoid. Similar to Haganai in the way they don't have friends too.

The banter back and forth between them is pretty interesting. The guy's just so cynical, yet he has some good things to say too. :)

Next week: Chuunibyou. This is something that pops up a lot too lately eh?

Apr 5, 2013 4:56 PM

Jan 2011
Seems like a nice start wonder if the *no friends* thing will be the main focus

Don't mind the characters too like how they just say whatever they want.
Apr 5, 2013 5:10 PM
Aug 2012
From myself watching this is nostalgically cool!!!!

From my taste in art this goes second to my list after the monogatari specially the ending

5/5 for intro
Apr 5, 2013 5:24 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty enjoyable, unique MC.. Gonna follow this one..
Keep moving forward
Apr 5, 2013 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
Diddnt know what to expect coming into this, but Turns out to be good. I like the MC, he's weird but is interesting and not a pushover. The other characters were good to especially the teacher.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Apr 5, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2012
Haha love the guy.
Will continue

3.5/5
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Apr 5, 2013 5:43 PM

Apr 2011
So far, I'm enjoying this. Seems alot more like high school life with the cursing and the protagonist not being completely oblivious.
Apr 5, 2013 5:44 PM

Jan 2013
wow man
I feel connected to the MC
that sensei is badass
cant wait for the next one
Apr 5, 2013 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was average for me, until:

My Stomach Hurts!
Seriously, 5/5, i just loved this guy.
Apr 5, 2013 5:49 PM

Nov 2012
Wow, that MC. The attitude is totally new to me. Though he actually did manage to break through those two girls in just one episode.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Apr 5, 2013 6:12 PM

Dec 2011
I wish the title was shorter lol I can't remember it xD
Yukino's over-confidence kind of bothers me because she thinks every guy is in love with her. Other than that, I liked it and I'm glad Hikki ate the entire cookie at the end even though it tasted bad :)
I also like Hikki's attitude. Calling the girl a bitch LOL
Apr 5, 2013 6:34 PM
Jul 2009
Giving it 10 right now.
Apr 5, 2013 6:37 PM

May 2012
Liking this one so far.. It was funny when he said that it was his friend's story.. haha.. I usually do that :)
Apr 5, 2013 6:50 PM

Mar 2011
AshLily said:
I wish the title was shorter lol I can't remember it xD

Strangely I can remember it easier than most titles, because I know the words "Yahari", "Seishun", "Love come" and of course the "ore no" which is part of every harem rom com based off a light novel with a ridiculously long title.

It's because they are common enough words that I've learnt them, Seishun is Youth, Love Come is love comedy, Yahari is "as I expected". So really, so long as I remember the order and the "wa Machigatteiru" I'll be fine with it!
Apr 5, 2013 7:29 PM

Dec 2012
Good first episode. Can't wait for more!
Apr 5, 2013 7:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
AshLily said:
I'm glad Hikki ate the entire cookie at the end even though it tasted bad :)
My son is approaching 13 and I've been dropping hints about such things every once in a while. However, I didn't hint about that one - I told him flat out, if a girl ever cooks something for him he was to eat it and tell her it was good regardless of what he thought!
Apr 5, 2013 8:33 PM

Aug 2012
I think this is the first time I like both potential love interests, usually I like one and LOATHE the other :/..

The main character is also interesting instead of being a straightout perv with silly objecives.. I look forward to this one!

Apr 5, 2013 8:35 PM

Nov 2012
Pretty good, they snipped out a few parts though (but that's to be expected in any anime adaption), atleast they put in Shizuka's Shounen gag haha. I wished they'd have animated Hachiman a bit cooler looking (looks much better in the LNs) but that's fine, it grows on me. Dead fish eyes~ huehue. But I didn't like how they replaced the ending statement in his essay >_> wtf
Apr 5, 2013 9:06 PM

Jan 2012
Awwe, I Fell in love with the opening song!

The anime seems promising and funny, worth watching! Plus I feel how the main thought that the girl likes him and got his hopes up by asking if it was him that the girl liked, I loled at that!
Apr 5, 2013 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
The orange/pink haired girl likes Hikki interesting.
Apr 5, 2013 10:25 PM

Oct 2009
No where as good as I'd have hoped, but since I'm a sucker for cynical narrative boy meets girl, I'm definitely sticking around.

Yukino.

It reminds me of Gekkou, Zaregoto and even Bakemono.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 10:37 PM

Apr 2012
I was planning to watch this, so w/c version should i watch, commie or NWTC?
Apr 5, 2013 10:38 PM

Apr 2012
Yanoflies said:
No where as good as I'd have hoped, but since I'm a sucker for cynical narrative boy meets girl, I'm definitely sticking around.

Yukino.

It reminds me of Gekkou, Zaregoto and even Bakemono.

As a fellow sucker for first person smart asses, I have to recommend the LN to you on baka tsuki. Though I must warn you there are only one or two chapters. I liked the first chapter to the point where I become of a fan of the series. This may mean something to you since I also really like Gekkou especially because of the narrative, Bakemonogatari, Katanagatari and even Kyon's narrative.

I promised myself that I wouldn't make any comparisons with the Manga or LN but I think it was worth breaking. Actually if Yanoflies doesn't read it then perhaps not.
Apr 5, 2013 10:39 PM

Sep 2012
Pretty good imo, something a little different. Hopefully they keep it like this throughout the series. Although the male protagonist reminds me of Araragi a little bit because of the hair. But the VA for Kon is in here too, couldn't have made it any better.
Apr 5, 2013 10:48 PM
Oct 2012
i love the look on his face, it's funny
Apr 5, 2013 11:20 PM

Feb 2011
Was awesome . The main character is a boss .
Apr 5, 2013 11:24 PM

Dec 2012
Main character is pretty awesome. He doesn't give a dang about anything. Looking forward to more.
Apr 5, 2013 11:38 PM

May 2011
This seems to borrow a lot of things from Haganai and OreImo. It was quite enjoyable; this might be my favorite LN adaptation with a lengthy title since OreImo. I'm glad that they're not too generic so far. However, I'm pretty sure that will change for the worse. :/
Apr 6, 2013 1:19 AM

Oct 2010
This was pretty cool actually, I was worried. I like both of the girls, which is unusual, I really hope they don't start hating each other >.<
Apr 6, 2013 1:33 AM

Aug 2010
I don't know if it's because I had absolutely no expectations, but it was a surprisingly good first episode, loved the bantering between Yukino and Hachiman. I like the teacher's character as well. 4/5, let's hope it keeps up.

I don't really like this whole don't be envious of talented people stuff. I prefer Hyouka's message of you can be good if you put in a lot of effort, but talented people will still mop the floor with you, though I'm one of the talentless people, I might be biased.
Apr 6, 2013 1:41 AM

Jan 2011
This is probably going to be a fun show. Interesting chemistry.

kebinee said:
I was planning to watch this, so w/c version should i watch, commie or NWTC?

Neither. WhyNot or FFF. And until FFF changes off of Hikky? I would say change it yourself and use them or go with WhyNot and change the font.
Apr 6, 2013 2:20 AM

May 2010
Not really that good but not bad either

I guess I'll just watch out of boredom
Apr 6, 2013 2:49 AM

Jan 2013
Great start. this anime kinda reminds me of Haganai, looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 6, 2013 3:14 AM

Sep 2012
A fairly great start for the series with decent OP and ED too!
Apr 6, 2013 3:21 AM

Aug 2011
I'm not really warming up to the characters so far but each one has an interesting outlook on life, the main character especially. Pretty average so far, it seems like they'll go around helping other people's problems each ep.
Apr 6, 2013 4:21 AM

May 2010
Love that sensei...I agree with yukino..In fact thats what I think too..People think that they are not talented based on assumptions only when they don't even try to be "good" in that thing..8/10;)
Apr 6, 2013 5:04 AM

Nov 2010
It was boring. nothing got my interest. and art was bad too.
but i will watch the next episode just out of Curiosity.
Apr 6, 2013 5:05 AM

Apr 2013
Hikigaya is cute.
Apr 6, 2013 5:53 AM

Jan 2012
Looking forward to the next episode. I like the main character and Yukino is great.
The art and character designs are looking good.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

259 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

240 by Dorado1821 »»
May 5, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Hickykissy - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.