Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 18, 2008 1:38 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally we get to the exciting conclusion of the Michiko's arc.

First we get a cute little backstory with Hiroshi and Michiko, 12 years younger, showing the little events that made him decide he wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Unfortunately, he had to tell Satoshi, his partner in crime that we've seen in those flashbacks and photos in the previous episodes, that he wants to quit the Monstro gang. Well, we all know what happens to those that decide to bleed Kool-Aid. A bomb gets planted on the bus and someone drops a dime on Michiko.

Present day, Satoshi has a score to settle with a retired OG named Manabe that humiliated him back when he was just a street punk with big dreams. Using his family as hostages, Satoshi forces Manabe to mule Michiko from Shinusuke over to his own house in an attempt to further ensure there's no sting operation against him. Unfortunately, one of Atsuko's subordinates bugged the phone she uses to communicate with Satoshi, and he uses the new information to set up another sting himself behind her back.

Manabe did as he was told, only to learn that his family has been killed anyways. Their only sin was making Satoshi chuckle a little, just like when Manabe used to threaten him with death if he made him laugh at him. Manabe, striken with grief, charges at Satoshi who simply guns him down, like he intended to do all along.

Satoshi then turns his attention to Michiko who finally asks him where Hiroshi is. At first he tells her forcefully that Hiroshi is dead, he has seen the charred body himself. But after being threatened by a gun Shinusuke planted on Michiko because he was pissed off that Satoshi would make him go through all that work for nothing, he finally admits he doesn't know exactly where Hiroshi is either.

Atsuko shows up thinking it was just her, Satoshi and her subordinate, but she gets a surprise sting she didn't ask for. Her subordinate got tired of covering her shady operations, so he decided to take things into his own hands. But both Satoshi and Michiko were cagy enough to escape in Manabe's corn field. A cross-bow wielding Atsuko finally catches up with Michiko, looking pathetic pointing an obviously empty gun at her and pleading to be let go. This was not the firey, trashtalking, ass-kicking Michiko that Atsuko wanted to arrest, and besides if she did, the credit would go to her backstabbing No. 2, so she lets her go out of spite.

=======================

Jesus, how the hell does Michiko keep such a pretty face if she gets slapped around all the time? Anyways, the real Satoshi was a real contrast to that fake Davi - simply a total smooth operator that is ice-cold and doesn't intimidate easily. I think the one thing I count against him is his strange obsession with crotch hair (as if that is all that makes you a man). I guess having Hatchin around really changed Michiko, where in the past she would drink a cyanide colada before begging anyone for anything. But now she'll do anything to get back to her. Is this the part where she becomes humanized? Stay tooned . . .
Dec 22, 2008 10:26 AM
Sep 2007
That was intense. Great ep.
Dec 22, 2008 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
More backstory and context, nothing to really push the story forward though, and a lot of recycled lines. just ok for me.
Dec 22, 2008 12:34 PM

Feb 2008
That was really good.
But damn... I hate Satishi. He's not even cool or something. He's just an asshole.
Dec 23, 2008 1:56 AM

Jun 2008
Michiko was beaten pretty badly.

That officer lady has done a lot of effort to try to capture michiko when she finally captured her she let her go -.-
Dec 23, 2008 4:16 AM

Jun 2007
Diarrhea, what a cute name for a town...
Dec 23, 2008 1:42 PM
Dec 2007
Average episode, it's just not very interesting when there's no Hatchin. Dissapointing direction and developments once again, this series should have been directed by Watanabe, it would have been MUCH better than this.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 23, 2008 4:10 PM

Jul 2008
pretty nice ep imo.....feels like a kind of turning point in the series (at least i hope so).... :)
Take a look at the world and laugh. -Januzs Korczak
Dec 25, 2008 6:43 PM

Apr 2007
People complain when there's no Hatchin, people complain when there's no Mitchiko... I dunno...

Another fantastic episode that had me on suspense the whole time. Now the long wait for episode 11 :/.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 25, 2008 9:29 PM

Sep 2007
Best ep so far. The series has just begun to shine for me.

Siing said:
People complain when there's no Hatchin, people complain when there's no Mitchiko... I dunno...

Exactly. Just appreciate each character for her strengths and weaknesses. In fact, having them apart makes for more interesting episodes.
Dec 26, 2008 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
I love the taking-photo part and happy Michiko with Hiroshi. I wonder how Hatchin & Michiko will meet again.
Dec 26, 2008 5:08 PM

Feb 2008
lol that turned out a bit too perfectly didn't it? haha well its nearly half way though.
Dec 27, 2008 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
hikaru-ru said:
Siing said:

Exactly. Just appreciate each character for her strengths and weaknesses. In fact, having them apart makes for more interesting episodes.
Well, the show is called Michiko & Hatchin.
Dec 27, 2008 12:23 PM

Sep 2007
kuroshiroi said:
hikaru-ru said:
Siing said:

Well, the show is called Michiko & Hatchin.

Yes, but by being apart they develop more, I dunno how to explain it, and well, it's a refreshing thing. Of course, they'll eventually get back together. :)
Dec 28, 2008 8:45 PM

Apr 2008
I have to say that I am glad that I stuck with this series. It has turned out to get better as it goes on. Even though this was only a so so episode.
Dec 30, 2008 5:56 PM

Jun 2008
southdkotaboy said:
I have to say that I am glad that I stuck with this series. It has turned out to get better as it goes on. Even though this was only a so so episode.
Jan 1, 2009 8:32 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Intense, twisted episode. And the music keeps starting to play at the right moments. Good stuff.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 3, 2009 4:11 PM

Apr 2008
When is episode 11 coming out? Do all the series in Japan take time off around the new year?
Jan 6, 2009 2:42 AM

Aug 2008
it was funny when manabe went ape shit when he realized his family was dead lol im know im not suppose to laugh at that it was a funny reaction
Jan 6, 2009 4:21 PM

Apr 2007
Haha, I didn't get the hint that his family was dead. Satoshi is insane lol, but he is definitely goal-driven. Very intense episode, I liked it. Atsuko's nicer than I thought. Haha.

hikaru-ru said:

Yes, but by being apart they develop more, I dunno how to explain it, and well, it's a refreshing thing. Of course, they'll eventually get back together. :)

I agree with that. This show is called Michiko & Hatchin but dude, what kinda story will it be if theyre together 24/7? I agree, some away distance is good. Now it makes me wonder what's gonna happen when they're together, and on top of that, where they will meet and whatnot.

Jan 7, 2009 8:43 PM

Mar 2008
I keep waiting for this anime to have a bad episode...and it doesn't.
Jan 18, 2009 8:16 PM

Dec 2007
Holy hell, that was perfect. This episode left me speechless. Perfect music, perfect voice acting, perfect settings, perfect action, perfect storyline, perfect dialogue...christ, it had everything.

This is the kind of episode I think we've all been waiting for. The best yet.
Feb 2, 2009 3:20 AM

Mar 2008
I loved the first bit of this episode. I found him a tad hot as well <3
Nooo...he can't be dead.....:( :( :'(
Oh wait hes not! horray!!!
sugarplumfairyFeb 2, 2009 3:26 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2009 7:25 PM

Jan 2008
So he's not dead after all.
Mar 29, 2009 5:08 AM

Feb 2008
Fantastic episode.
Apr 6, 2009 6:56 PM

Jun 2008
malefactress said:
I keep waiting for this anime to have a bad episode...and it doesn't.

I'm pumped, I'm excited. Too amazing.
Jul 13, 2009 5:09 PM

May 2009
Kokujin-kun said:
Manabe, striken with grief, charges at Satoshi who simply guns him down, like he intended to do all along.
Do I have the censored version or something because this didn't happen for me..? I just saw Satoshi throwing the cigarette then he and Manabe looked at each-other, then suddenly Manabe was on the ground dead..

Maybe it's supposed to be that way. Pretty neat.
stAtic91Jul 13, 2009 5:17 PM
Sep 7, 2009 2:59 AM

May 2009
Well, at least the ambiguity about whether Hiroshi died in the bus explosion has been cleared up.

Decent episode though, much better than the last few.
Oct 2, 2010 8:52 PM

Sep 2010
Satoshi Batista reminds me so much of Li'l Zé from City of God.
Feb 1, 2011 12:16 PM
Nov 2010
Oomyung said:
Satoshi Batista reminds me so much of Li'l Zé from City of God.

Yeah I thought this too, a lot of the characters in this anime share resemblances to characters from City of God.
May 2, 2011 3:17 PM

Jan 2010
This series is finally starting to grow on me...
Mar 25, 2012 7:20 PM

Apr 2011
To bad they didn't show the family being killed or show the bodies clearly. Michiko is badass, but she hasn't been shown to kill anyone yet. It even looks like their are other bad ass characters that confronts Michiko (pepe, wife etc...), but Michiko does not fight back because she knows its their daily living and its morally wrong (lol but she a thief).
kie_ said:
Michiko was beaten pretty badly.

That officer lady has done a lot of effort to try to capture michiko when she finally captured her she let her go -.-
Michiko has escape many times before and always been arrested by Atsuko, but this time was different. Michiko was serious about something and because of their past relationship as orphans (like sisters). She allow Michiko to leave. I bet she knows Michiko is a good person at heart.

vansonbeeMar 25, 2012 10:26 PM
Apr 8, 2012 7:57 PM

Jan 2012
one of the better episodes, nice amount of action.. yet more backstory on michiko & whats his name xD.. i hope now that the momentum keeps going... but my guess is the next episode is going to switch back to hatchin? therefore i have a feeling the momentum will shift again?
Apr 11, 2012 2:40 AM

May 2008
man that was great . I felt tense throughout the episode. but people like Satoshi who cant let his friends have their own happiness is really the crappiest people.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 5, 2012 2:13 PM

Jul 2011
to make this note short im glad we got some background info on hiroshi he seems really nice and it seems like he's weak but has a backbone when he needs it like hana
Mar 16, 2013 7:46 AM

May 2012
Not bad, but well we still don't know if he's actually alive or not... good development though that ending sure was nice!
Mar 21, 2013 12:04 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was not a meeting I expected o.o I actually thought that Michiko and Satoshi were more like friends. I understand that this could have changed after Hiroshi chose her and Satoshi had to pick up the decision of killing his best friend. But at the moment he allows to beat her up, and then he's doing it himself I was shocked.
Aug 1, 2013 11:32 AM

Jun 2012
Wow what an episode
Sep 25, 2013 7:37 PM

Jun 2010
Kokujin-kun said:
Manabe did as he was told, only to learn that his family has been killed anyways. Their only sin was making Satoshi chuckle a little, just like when Manabe used to threaten him with death if he made him laugh at him. Manabe, striken with grief, charges at Satoshi who simply guns him down, like he intended to do all along.

When did this happen? And Manabe threatened to kill Satoshi if he failed to make him laugh.

My impression of Manabe's grunting and sweating after Satoshi told him to make him laugh was that he was trying to shit himself to give Satoshi what he wanted....but then he is shot and ends up on the floor between cuts?

This isn't the first time the visual narrative has been so confusing, either.
Sep 27, 2013 10:54 PM

Sep 2013
Great episode the beginning scene with Hiroshi and Michiko was cute and the part with him making the eggs and the shell was just like Hatchin, that scene made me grin ear to ear.

Why did they cut out the scene before Manabe's death? I checked the subbed and dubbed versions and it was the same :(

Kokujin-kun said:

Kokujin-kun where the heck did you get your info, there isn't even a manga for this anime so how did you come to that conclusion? Not only did Satoshi never actually say he killed Manabe's family (I'm under the belief the let them go), but they cut out the scene of Manabe's death!
Dec 3, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2009
Okay . . . So why was Satoshi all alone? I would think that some head honcho would bring a few body guards with him if he was going to be making a deal with cops . . . Just saying.
Mar 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Apr 2012
Damn Satoshi is ruthless. Shinsuke has a loose screw too XD. Good episode

Apr 27, 2014 4:40 PM

Jan 2014
that was intense O.o
Nov 4, 2014 5:51 AM

Aug 2013
Pirating_Ninja said:
Okay . . . So why was Satoshi all alone? I would think that some head honcho would bring a few body guards with him if he was going to be making a deal with cops . . . Just saying.

I was wondering about this too. I get that he wants to deal with Michiko himself but you'd think he'll have a few lackeys standing guard.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 13, 2014 11:22 PM

Nov 2012
I'm confused as fuck. I mean was that flash of the lights going black for a mini second meant to mean Satoshi blacks out whenever he goes violent? What happened to the kid and mother? Why does it seem like some people on this thread saw him kill him in mid rush and dialogue about supposedly killing the family while others, like me, seemed to have not seen this and just have it pan to the dude dead on the floor?
Jaywalker.
Dec 18, 2014 4:41 AM

Jun 2013
Fronzel said:
Kokujin-kun said:

When did this happen? And Manabe threatened to kill Satoshi if he failed to make him laugh.

My impression of Manabe's grunting and sweating after Satoshi told him to make him laugh was that he was trying to shit himself to give Satoshi what he wanted....but then he is shot and ends up on the floor between cuts?

Is it really that hard to see that Satoshi killed off Manabe and his family? It doesn't have to be as clear as fuck tbh. For the time being, it's hinted that Satoshi did it because who else then? I highly doubt if it was someone else. I mean look what happened to Pepe Lima in episode 4. What happened to her and specifically her little sister? It was just ended abruptly with the kids gunned Lima. A conclusion can be made that they're as good as dead. It is the show's style meant to be vague. That's that.
May 6, 2015 4:38 PM

Oct 2014
Nice episode overall, the music is great it's one of my favorite things about the series.
" Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future. "
Cloud Atlas
May 11, 2015 2:44 AM

Jul 2012
This was tense. I wonder how the Satoshi/Shinsuke rivalry will end.
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34
Aug 4, 2015 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode
Sep 5, 2015 8:09 PM
Jun 2013
Impala said:
Fronzel said:

Is it really that hard to see that Satoshi killed off Manabe and his family? It doesn't have to be as clear as fuck tbh. For the time being, it's hinted that Satoshi did it because who else then? I highly doubt if it was someone else. I mean look what happened to Pepe Lima in episode 4. What happened to her and specifically her little sister? It was just ended abruptly with the kids gunned Lima. A conclusion can be made that they're as good as dead. It is the show's style meant to be vague. That's that.

Only difference is its clear they were killed in ep 4. This was just horribly pulled off with bad editing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

windy - Mar 22, 2009

242 by Perrin4869 »»
May 14, 8:50 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

simo000 - Mar 14, 2009

56 by Perrin4869 »»
May 13, 5:03 AM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 12, 2008

104 by prozyne »»
Jan 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Michiko to Hatchin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 29, 2008

82 by prozyne »»
Jan 28, 5:38 AM

» music in this series

abyss_will - Jan 20, 2019

5 by abyss_will »»
Jan 22, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.