Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Jun 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
Awesome series. And it gets second season quite quickly and 25 episodes for each season? Wow! You can see the potential of this series just by looking at that facts. Not to mention the adaptation manga series of this anime can be considered new too. Running from 2009.
Next season definitely worth looking forward to.
Jun 19, 2014 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
AnimageNeby said:
Man...you guys can exaggerate. Ok, the anime is not as good as the manga, granted. Ok, they deviated here and there from the manga.

But all in all, the series wasn't that bad, certainly compared to other shounen.

Could it have been better? Probably. For instance, in the end, I thought they made the fights a bit too rushed. And other things throughout the series could have been done a bit better too. But one must realise one says that in comparison to the manga. If there was no manga at all, I think most would simply cheer and rave about how great this anime is.

Point being: when you compare it with the original manga, there are things that you feel could have been done better, true. But if you regard the anime 'as such', one still has to acknowledge it's one of the better shounen of the season.

It's not a 'bad' anime, thus. It's just that, compared to the manga, it's not perfectly adapted. some people seem to not make that distinction.
Thank you. Quite frankly, I'm getting annoyed at manga purists taking over episode discussions. Same thing happened to Attack on Titans. SMH
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jun 21, 2014 12:27 PM

Dec 2013
Nice end to a great series. Alladin wants to keep going on adventure with Alibaba but they try to avoid fighting so what they want to do on this adventure lol. And who is Salomon. Anyways great fights, nice art and OST - I have my expacations high for 'Kingdom of Magic'. 8/10 for Labirynth.
AizixJun 21, 2014 12:30 PM
Jul 3, 2014 12:55 AM

Jul 2013
i don't get what happened at the end with the green haired masked guy. can someone explain lol
Jul 19, 2014 4:07 PM

Apr 2013
Shounen shit.
Jul 21, 2014 7:20 AM

Nov 2013
What a beeaauuutiful anime! In every single way I can think of. So many life lessons taught, I loved it.
Aug 17, 2014 7:24 PM

Nov 2012
i dont get the complaints about adaptations manga reader can jut read the manga its unchanged and untouched its not like they made manga different nothing is going to be perfect u cant be dumb enough to belive tht nothing would be changd tthe anime i for ppl who havent read the manga
you all look like overeacting whiners from our perspetive the anime just fine
nothing wrong with changes if u want magis manga just go read the manga dont expect

opening,panel,panel,panel ending its not gonna happen
Aug 23, 2014 9:39 PM

Jul 2014
I don't usually watch long series but this was well worth watching. 10/10 from me, one of my favourite series!
Aug 24, 2014 11:27 PM

May 2013
Good episode, I really enjoyed it. Some parts really confused me though like how Sinbad became "good" again when he had the dark rukh, a few more parts have confused me that I can't seem to remember. I might look into it. Either way, enjoyed the ep and the series.

Aug 27, 2014 3:17 AM

Dec 2012
brilliant series 10/10. gonna marathon the second season now
Aug 28, 2014 12:31 PM

Jul 2011
Can Alibaba stop with his eternal fucking whining allready. What an indecisive baby.
Sep 11, 2014 3:47 PM

Mar 2008
Alibaba continues to be unlikeable and annoying all the way to the end
Nothing new

6.5/10 for the series because I couldn't stop myself from rolling my eyes every time Alibaba opened his mouth

Now onto the 2nd season, can't wait for Titus
Oct 2, 2014 11:47 PM

Apr 2014
Great anime, though the second arc was way too rushed, and the fights in the last few episodes even more so. The Balbadd arc felt way more epic than the Sindria arc. I didn't read the manga.

As a fan of the Fate franchise, I completely understand how the manga readers feel about crappy adaptations. But, you guys are fortunate that your "bad" adaptation is actually considered by many outsiders to be a good if not great standalone anime and a person ignorant of the manga would hold your series in a positive light. The 2006 Fate/Stay Night adaptation by DEEN on the other hand, is generally ridiculed by outsiders and has painted a negative light on the entire franchise to many of those ignorant of the visual novel. Of course, until the Fate/Zero anime came along and redeemed the franchise.
Oct 17, 2014 5:58 PM

Jul 2007
Aeowina said:
AnimageNeby said:
Man...you guys can exaggerate. Ok, the anime is not as good as the manga, granted. Ok, they deviated here and there from the manga.

But all in all, the series wasn't that bad, certainly compared to other shounen.

Could it have been better? Probably. For instance, in the end, I thought they made the fights a bit too rushed. And other things throughout the series could have been done a bit better too. But one must realise one says that in comparison to the manga. If there was no manga at all, I think most would simply cheer and rave about how great this anime is.

Point being: when you compare it with the original manga, there are things that you feel could have been done better, true. But if you regard the anime 'as such', one still has to acknowledge it's one of the better shounen of the season.

It's not a 'bad' anime, thus. It's just that, compared to the manga, it's not perfectly adapted. some people seem to not make that distinction.
Thank you. Quite frankly, I'm getting annoyed at manga purists taking over episode discussions. Same thing happened to Attack on Titans. SMH

I agree that some times manga readers can be a bit overbearing in there criticism, but have you read the manga? You have no idea how just far off the studio went with this one. They included segments from another entire major story line arc mixed with this zagan arc which made things extremely confusing and battles that were so rushed, it make no sence. Also Sinbad never was bitten by the snake, so that was a plot thread just thrown in there. The anime is not that great as a whole either alot of the great moments from the manga have been condensed considerably.

The author of the manga is like Togashi also, he likes to flex his thoughts and narration of certain aspects and settings of the story which were mostly omitted in the anime series.

Oct 19, 2014 8:53 PM

Nov 2009
Hrmmmm, Well the series was okay but I got to be honest, I haven't read the manga but it was blatantly obvious towards the end that they were unsure if they were going to make a second season so they made a semi-original ending that was rushed and awkward . . . Right? I'm hoping I'm not wrong and this was actually in the manga, cause if so then this plot it well . . .

Anyways, I give this series a 7/10 however that is extremely generous given the ending.
Oct 20, 2014 2:30 PM

Jun 2014
Good series I enjoyed it hope there's a season 3
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Nov 9, 2014 2:40 PM

Aug 2014
Great Ending! Now I need to see the 2nd season and the three ovas ;)
Let's see many good battles.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Nov 27, 2014 7:00 AM

Jan 2012
Well, well, well...

It started awesome and ended shitty, but thanks goodness we have the second season already. I would be pretty pissed to watch this episode if I was watching while it was being released... srsly.

I'm currently reading the manga (it's being published in my country, yay for that) and it's great in every single way.

I think I'll give it an 8... I though it would be a 9 or 10 when I started watching tho. :c
Dec 30, 2014 11:58 AM

Sep 2014
Despite the ending feeling a bit rushed it was still a great series.
Sinbad's equip looked pretty cool, and many new characters at the end.
Definitely got hooked on this series, 9/10 overall.
Now onto the second season c:
Jan 4, 2015 6:52 AM
May 2011
What the heck was the point of changing it around?

Why did they make them attack sindria instead of after they got out of the the dungeon?

Why was Hakuryuu's arm cut off? He was only stabbed in the manga.

and don't get me started on what ever the hell that Alibaba shit was.
Jan 10, 2015 4:52 AM

Jun 2013
I didn't really enjoy the series, it was boring as hell. The build up of the last arc could have been handled better, not rush things up. The characters, not only the protagonists didn't get enough screen-time, but they were also lacking in depth. It felt like they were cannon fodder army came out of nowhere serving just to be slaughtered by the 8 generals. And the booby fanservice... well, whatever, that also hampered my enjoyment. The list goes on. Might continue to the manga.
Jan 17, 2015 5:35 AM

Jun 2013
So many things wrong with this anime. The fact that Alibaba survives is just pure plot armor. In other words, bullshit. That they then try to make a dramatical scene out of it just further adds to the disgust I feel when watching this.

Alibaba as a character is incredibly boring to watch and so is Aladdin sadly. This anime didn't have any sense of danger after a while. Or perhaps it was due to me not caring about the characters anymore, who knows. Alibaba's last few episodes were a total train wreck. He went hardcore emo kid, and no one likes a hardcore emo kid.

Villain was bad, as is often the case when anime rushes itself to death.

The art was actually pretty sweet even though there were some awkward scenes from time to time. The setting is nice and I have nothing to complain about really.

Sound was also quite good, even though I strongly dislike Alibaba's voice actor. Ever since Yukine I just can't stand that voice. Whenever I hear him I feel that there's gonna be forced drama and bullshit.

The story was good at first but then it turned into a complete trainwreck towards the end.

People of MAL needs to realise that we have a 0-10 rating system and not a 6-10. I rate this show a 4/10 because I honestly felt that it is a bad show.
Jan 19, 2015 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
What a beautiful series, lovely artwork from my favorite house production A-1, looking forward ofr the 2nd season, and i like Alibaba in that Black armor

Overall score 9/10
Feb 14, 2015 11:45 PM
Aug 2014
So power of friendship fixes it all huh? Meh. Morgiana on death's door and the prince who was useless throughout somehow get the better of Alibaba in full djiin equip. Come on. Then Alladin repeats the same speech he's used since the beginning and all is well again.
Feb 28, 2015 2:27 PM

Nov 2014
Great ending! Lots of new characters at the end, I'm curious ^^ On to season 2!
Apr 8, 2015 8:10 PM
Jun 2013
I thought the ending was kinda eh the highlight was definitely Sinbad who is a complete MONSTER! But overall this anime wasn't bad or anything. There were definitely a lot of parts I enjoyed. I'm definitely gonna jump into the second season.
Apr 27, 2015 1:53 AM

Nov 2013
Meh ending. At least there was tits.

I wasn't expecting Magi's first season to be amazing, I would have liked to have given it an 8.

It had its ups and downs. The ending felt a little bit rushed but I still enjoyed it.

Overall, this anime gets a rating of 7.5/10.

Kingdom of Magic is supposedly much better so I'm looking forward to watching it.

I'll probably watch something else before I move onto season 2 because I want to be at my prime when I watch the second season so I can enjoy it as much as possible.

Dec 10, 2015 6:45 AM

Jul 2008
Sinbad was already cursed? Oh boy that guy is full of surprises.

I thought this was a great series, deviations or not. This gets a 9/10
Jan 6, 2016 8:26 PM
Apr 2014
i really wanted to like it, but it didn't click for me. wasn't a fan of most of the characters, and i wasn't a fan of the whole "destiny/fate" dilemma.

i feel like deux ex machina was used too much, and the plot was too inconsistent with good and bad writing. i feel like the plot progression and arc changes aren't as nice as i was expecting.

not sure if i'll move onto the second season, but i heard it was better than the first.

sorry magi, 5/10.
Mar 4, 2016 5:16 AM

Jun 2013
Finally, it's over. Judging by its Anime alone, I'd only give it a 6. I'm going onto Magi: Kingdom of Magic next.
臭い-
Mar 14, 2016 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
Sooo many Manga spoilers in these forums....
Mar 20, 2016 4:05 AM

Mar 2014
Liberty and Corruption .
Djinn of the Earth .
Defenders of Freedom ~ .
Hero of Balbadd .
Eternal Bond . King Solomon's Morality for the World .
Destiny , with hope , in unity .
VERY GREAT EPISODE ~ <3 !!!

I had so much fun ~ !! It was very enjoyable !!
I love to be on their adventures more ~ !! Season 2 Iku yo :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2016 3:26 PM

Jun 2015
Sinbad, oh Sinbad, and did I mention Sinbad?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 7, 2016 3:28 PM

Jul 2015
7/10 as much as i love Morgiana i feel like overall it's ok but not that great, a few arc where pretty weak, but i expect better from season 2 !
May 31, 2016 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
And so it ends. Decent ending. Tbh, Alibaba returning to the good side was too easy, like if he only needed some hits before Aladdin used Solomon's Wisdom on him and turned him good again with some emotional words. Well, better that than having Alibaba whining throught the episode.

The defeat of the Al-Thamen's eating mass was cool, a bit rushed, but cool. Too bad we saw so few of the Eight Generals and Kougyoku with her Djinn Equip (who is 11/10), since they look cool. Sinbad being cursed and being half-fallen in the depravity doesn't sounds good. I wonder if that means he will become evil in the future or something.

And is revealed that Al-Thamen's goal is to be free of the fate by reversing it's course and that way gaining the absolute freedom. Well, it has some sense and makes them less "pure evil", even if their actions are awful. Masked dude's end was nice. He was probably the most decent villain of the series, so he will be missed.

Overall, I will give this an 8/10. The execution could have been better, the final arc was a bit rushed and Alibaba was too whiny for my tastes, but the setting and the majority of the cast were cool, the character design was appealing, the politics during Balbadd arc were surprisingly good and the OP/ED were nice. The end bring up a lot of new characters (two of them being voiced by Akira Ishida and Yuichi Nakamura, respectively) who will appear in the second season. Let's hope is as good as people say. Maybe I end reading the manga of this.
Aug 3, 2016 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
I'm giving this a 7/10. It was entertaining enough but I felt that it focused on Alibaba too much. Like every arc was about him it was as if he was the main character. I wanted to see better fights with Alladin and more of the magic training. It was interesting the one episode they talked about giving magoi commands to make it do stuff. It reminded me of Mahouka.

Oh well, I heard 2nd season is better so maybe what I'm searching for is in there.
Aug 4, 2016 7:27 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
FANTASTIC Final episode, I am hyped for Kingdom of Magic !!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 10, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2016
I don't see why everyone loved this so much. Kind of got bored of it to be honest after 2 episodes in season 2.

and pisses me off in this is the hot dark princess that they save dies yet the fatfuck king they overthrew didn't die? I cannot stand overly nice people who won't kill scum bags like him same with Alibaba's friend he refused to kill over and over.

But I gotta say I fell in love with Morgiana though.
Aug 30, 2016 11:31 AM

Jun 2016
Alibaba was defeated in like the first 5 mins of the episode lol! He turned out to be a little bit lame imo... -_-
Sep 17, 2016 6:37 PM

Apr 2013
Great show. 7/10 for me.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Oct 4, 2016 1:34 AM

Aug 2010
Sinbad's really strong :O Really want to see more of his powers in fights! But he is already cursed? Already fallen into depravity? o____O I wish we'd know about this, but maybe not in this Magi series...gonna pick up the Magi Sinbad series >__<

Hmm I feel like there's still so many things going on and it feels like this arc was really rushed, so it didn't feel that satisfying. Somehow it feels like things are just getting started and it ends here :O I guess I'll watch season 2 now. I've seen complaints by manga readers on the anime adaptation especially of this arc, maybe I'll pick up the manga as well..

I've been wanting to watch this series for a few years now but have somehow not done so until now. I think this series is...alright. I dont know what I had expected, but I definitely expected something more. It somehow just lacks that extra oomph? It's the way the story progresses (some too slow, some too quick), also the character development seems to be rather lacking, which makes me feel quite disconnected to them as the audience. I'm not sure if the problem lies with the story itself or with how it was adapted in the anime. Or with my mood - maybe I was in the mood to watch characters with some badass power like Sinbad and not really in the mood to watch characters like Alibaba who is still struggling. I usually like watching characters struggle and power-up, but perhaps I was somewhat impatient this time and wanted to see Allibaba power-up soon, though I have a feeling like he won't power up as quick and as soon as other shounen characters usually do - which I think can be the charming point of this series in the long run. Anyway, I didn' feel that much of connection to Alibaba as I'm watching and I'm not sure if it's because of the adaptation or just because we don't match lol.

Perhaps I'd pick up the manga and see for myself the charm of this series as many seem to have claimed, because this anime adaptation doesn't quite live up to my expectations for this series. It's not an entirely bad series because the premise and plot are both pretty intriguing, but I wouldn't say it's a good one either.
blue-yOct 4, 2016 1:46 AM
Jan 8, 2017 9:37 PM

Mar 2016
Can someone explain the little red earring that was added to Alibaba's ear? It was right after they showed Rukh Cassim, so I guess it symbolizes him?
Feb 4, 2017 11:25 PM

Jul 2013
Great ending for the first season. A lot of things got explained and now make a lot more sense even if a lot more questions came up for me after this last episode >.<

Was nice to see Hakuryuu, Morgiana and Aladdin were able to destroy that thing on Alibabas head, so that Aladdin were able to help him with Solomons power. I think at some points in your life you will also maybe ask yourself why do you live. I'm glad for Alibaba having such a good friends like Aladdin. He was able to show him what it means to live and to change your destiny. So Kassim protected Alibaba as much as he could from the curse and went back in these red earrings?

Hakuryuu now finally also has a Djinn with Zagan. Also nice that he has his arm back even if it's not his normal one.

Yamraiha such a sneaky woman. Teasing that old man to use power against him was pretty clever and not to forget nice fanservice :P

In this episode you could also see how strong Kougyoku really is. She alone was able to neutralize that black stuff in the sea.

Is Sinbad for real? Holy shit what's going on? He was already cursed with an even stronger one? Half fallen? Wait whaaat? O.o
That's so crazy I don't even have word to describe this, but he's by far the most powerful character in Magi I saw so far.

That AlibabaxMorgiana moment was so cute, loved it <3

A lot of new characters were to see at the end. The oldest of the Ren brothers also looks strong and has a very familiar voice. Seems like the other person were the Magi and Solomon right?

That was such an enjoyable ride. From the first moment on I knew I would love Magi. The characters are cool, an interesting story, good action and fights, tragic moments and the time it plays in is a perfect. Also the music was very pleasant :)

I'm really looking forward to watch the second season and the story about Sinbad.
Natsu88Feb 4, 2017 11:30 PM

Mar 12, 2017 11:35 PM

Jun 2016
That was pretty decent, all-is-daijobou shounen fare; a solid 7.5/10. I was expecting the show to end in a dark note - something like Alibaba permanently going over to the dark side - but that didn't happen. I'm almost disappointed. :P

I gather that the manga is much better in most places and better paced, so I'll give it a read sometime.
Mar 29, 2017 8:11 AM
Aug 2015
Woah such a nice series.. the Balbadd arc was kinda make me bored, but it took my interest again after they went to Sandria.. everythings became better xD

gonna marathon the second season :3

8/10
renzosparkMar 29, 2017 8:15 AM
Sep 10, 2017 6:54 PM

Feb 2014
Which one would be better?

"Boku no Alladin" or "Boku no Alibaba"

( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)
Nov 28, 2018 2:10 AM

Apr 2013
So they resolved everything pretty quickly in one episode, Alibaba got saved, that creepy puppet dude got killed and Sindria lifted its siege. I guess it's the typical ending you would've expected. Sinbad was pretty badass in the end there.

Overall not as good as I thought, but still a good watch. 7/10
Jul 24, 2019 11:47 AM

Sep 2012
Vi- said:
Which one would be better?

"Boku no Alladin" or "Boku no Alibaba"

( ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆)

sinbad is playing with fire being half fallen unless its 1jins power that makes it look like it is by using both dark and light elements

Mar 21, 2020 4:40 PM

May 2016
Not the best finale I was expecting but it was fair enough and build up for next season
Aladdin voice in this show was by far my favorite and it really helped me getting
used to the show with that child like kind voice. 10/10 for that part.

8/10
Apr 13, 2020 1:06 PM

May 2018
How will A1 pictures adapt season 2 after fucking up with the end of season 1? oh well
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

198 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 11:16 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.