Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2008 8:34 AM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I personally thought the ending was good.

While it didn't put any kind of end to Rin's sexual behaviour, it certainly made sure that Aoki now knows how to handle it, and Reiji too has also learned a bit more.

Also liked that Reiji heard what Aoki said, meaning that his suspicions went away, and so did Aoki's.

But still, Rin might need help, like.. Professional D: That kind of behaviour is not right. So I would actually have liked it if they somehow came up with what is going to happen about that... Can't be healthy for a kid to be like that.
Mar 18, 2009 5:15 PM

May 2008
the edning song was awesome woohoo

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 10, 2009 1:19 PM

Apr 2009
great reiji came back from the dark side.
and Rin wait till she grow up to do more ecchi stuffs :)
Oct 11, 2009 10:56 AM

Jul 2007
superchan said:
great reiji came back from the dark side.
and Rin wait till she grow up to do more ecchi stuffs :)

Lol yeah :D

Off to watch the ovas now :o
Jan 18, 2010 2:12 AM

Aug 2008
I totally underestimated this series. And for a nonconlcusive conclusion, it went over well.

...Rin might need help, like.. Professional D: That kind of behaviour is not right. So I would actually have liked it if they somehow came up with what is going to happen about that... Can't be healthy for a kid to be like that.

^agreed.

Feb 24, 2010 11:31 AM

Aug 2009
Well I just finished the series, thought it was wonderful. I really felt I underestimated it as I watched more episodes. The ending did its job and gave a well organized ending with the perfect mood I wanted.
[right]

Feb 27, 2010 4:38 PM

Jul 2009
DonKangolJones said:

...Rin might need help, like.. Professional D: That kind of behaviour is not right. So I would actually have liked it if they somehow came up with what is going to happen about that... Can't be healthy for a kid to be like that.

^agreed.

^disagreed
Destiny~
Mar 16, 2010 1:07 AM

Aug 2009
Loli's FTW This series was so amazing!!
characters were great, and the girls were so cute!
Apr 30, 2010 10:37 AM

Jul 2007
kokonoe has to be perv always TT-TT
reiji is so crazy more and more he scares me TT
kokonoe has to be with aokiiiiii TT
Jun 6, 2010 10:47 PM

Aug 2008
Nice ending!!! Never awaited this kind of ending. It really managed to tie up all the lose strands we had here and there! Really was something really outstanding... And like many of you I also underestimated the series... It is really good. It has a completely fleshed out characters and also a nice plot and obviously lots of drama mixed with some ecchi here and some comedy there

By the way talking about comedy, Houin-sensei realizing that Shirai-sensei is also at the competition for Aoki's heart made me laugh so much... but definitely the cat sending the message and Mimi's weird antics to try to be likable to Aoki cracked me up XD

And so Reiji went deeper into the Dark side and little by little came back... Rin's tic (making paper cranes) and psycho look returned! WOhooo! And i was really afraid that she killed Reiji... but hey that somehow managed to snap Reiji off the Dark side and at the same time made a way for Aoki's redemption... I was glad that Reiji finally got that Aoki is there fro Rin too!

Great series... deserves a 9 or even a 10... I'll give it a 9 'cause it really has some themes hard to deal with...

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2010 6:12 AM

Sep 2010
Wow all in all, I was very pleasantly surprised with how well this anime turned out to be. I came in on random recommendation, found it hard to stop watching with outrageously inappropriate lure, but them somewhere along the line I found myself incredibly compelled by the story beyond the loli.

I was expecting a little more from the ending but it was solid and sweet. Glad things got straightened out between Aoki and Reiji. I can see why he has so uneasy about his little Rin being so close to Sensei, but he was getting way overboard and if a little girl taking a pair of scissors to him was what it took to snap him out of it then so be it.

I know it is not right to want or hope for the lolilove between Rin and Aoki-sensei... but I honestly hope things stay the way they are between them and glad they got to be together again ^^. Rin needs a caring nurturing older male figure to love and give her the attention she craves, even if she gets carried away with it ;P, and I think Rin is very good for Aoki for so many reasons (not sexual lol). Besides, I think if it was a real problem, when Aki came back to reassure Reiji, she would of said something about it lol.
I can't believe I would give a 9 to something so easy to throw around loli, but I can honestly say it was that good. I will start the OVAs or maybe straight to 2nd Term tomorrow I am not ready to say goodbye to Rin-chan yet, just hoping they manage to make a real impact and wrap it up well in the very short season 2.

Kodomo no Jikan... Kokonoe... you have my love ^^.
Nov 9, 2010 5:29 PM

Sep 2010
Who would have thought that beneath the meaningless loli fanservice, some sort of story actually sprang up?

From Reiji losing both of his parents, to him having a relationship with Aki, and finally her death, there were lots of emotional development. Due to the childhood trauma Reiji and Rin had, the two often acted possessively. This served as the base of the conflict.

In the end nothing is truly resolved - everyone is forgiven, things returned to the way it once was. And as far as Rin's behavior is concerned, her actions are a bit over the top sometimes. But because of her family background, I wouldn't blame her for relying and caring for someone else.

Enough said, I'm glad to have watched the glorious uncut version of this series ^_^
After all, that is why I picked up the series in the first place...

Now, on to the many OVAs as well as season 2

Aug 12, 2011 1:17 PM

Mar 2011
Nice!

I suddenly remembered I hadnt finished this series so just caught the last one now, and pleasntly pleased!

I read the manga so the plot is no suprise to me, but I was wondering how they'd tie it up for a series end. Pretty well done!

Right...is is OVA's now or S2, gonna have to check!
Jul 26, 2012 10:02 PM

Jul 2012
Just had a chance to finish this anime. The ending is *really* good. I thought that this anime would be only comady/loli side, and didn't expect this kind of drama at all. They've done well.

Oh wait, I did regretted that I shouted 'YES!' when Kokonoe holding a scissors though. Kinda feel like he deserved it. Oh well ...

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 6, 2012 6:21 PM

Oct 2009
Geez, Reiji turned into a creep for a while there! Glad he regained some sense. Pretty good ending, it seems like like Rin matured a lot since the beginning. I wish there was a little more interaction with Houin-sensei...
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Aug 30, 2012 10:02 PM

Aug 2012

してくださいは、後ろに私を残していない
• Absolutely loved the ending :)

Sep 10, 2012 8:54 PM

Jul 2012
I loved the comparison between Reiji and Rin being treated badly, and how Reiji realized he was acting as indifferent towards his child as his mother.

The ending was pretty good :D
glad I watched~
Nov 11, 2012 3:54 AM

Mar 2010
Maeni said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I personally thought the ending was good.

While it didn't put any kind of end to Rin's sexual behaviour, it certainly made sure that Aoki now knows how to handle it, and Reiji too has also learned a bit more.

Also liked that Reiji heard what Aoki said, meaning that his suspicions went away, and so did Aoki's.

But still, Rin might need help, like.. Professional D: That kind of behaviour is not right. So I would actually have liked it if they somehow came up with what is going to happen about that... Can't be healthy for a kid to be like that.

agree she rlly needs some help

well i quite liked the serie if I overlook the age difference
Jul 31, 2013 6:46 PM

Jul 2013
Reiji's story is a bit... Wrong. It would've been better if his relationship with Aki was more sibling-like. But that's just my opinion. Anyways, it ended well, best part was that Kura stopped thinking that Aoki was some sort of Loli. But I hope someday Aoki manages to make Rin that it's not right to act like a whore, even though she's a kid if he doesn't do anything it won't be good for her when she's older. Who else can teach that better than your crush?
Aug 9, 2013 11:58 AM

May 2012
A very lovely ending I must say that rounded off the story quite nicely, while there's still room for improvements the cuteness of the ero loli's and just the whole facts of loli vs teacher was pretty nice to see.

What I definitely didn't expect is to have some really strong dramatic parts in it, and well I sure liked them in how they were created almost perfectly and how well they fitted in the overall story!

A great anime in general and well I still can't get enough of that ED!
Nov 24, 2013 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
What a great series and a great story too.
8/10
Jun 9, 2014 1:26 PM
Feb 2014
nice final
Jul 17, 2014 6:38 PM

Dec 2010
So wrong, but oh so right. This ended up being a solid anime, very funny and enjoyable all around. 8/10
Sep 9, 2014 12:58 PM

Jun 2013
Respect for having guts to tell a story like this, hover on borderline pedophilia, and not make me feel uncomfortable even once.

8/10
Sep 11, 2014 9:46 PM

Feb 2013
That was the most surprisingly good show I've seen in a long time. I decided to watch it on a whim.....and boy am I glad that I did.

Seriously......who would have thought this was going to have a good story?

8/10
Dec 10, 2014 6:51 AM

Oct 2014
Befor i watched this series i had no prior knowledge of it..so by the time i finished it i was shocked by lol how good it was...with all the lolicon stuff aside i found the series more about having good morals instead of everything else...but with that said i feel the teacher fell in love with someone he could not have even after trying no to. so what do you all think? this is my first discussion post so be nice please.
Mar 27, 2015 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
Soooo in the end she got a handshake Get sensei ZONED
all and all good and felt very mature and drama filled was looking for a laittle more light hearted but it was really good
lol mimi is cute
[/quote]
Jul 20, 2015 12:00 PM

Jun 2015
I really liked this show, 8/10. Made me laugh a lot when I was watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2016 8:11 PM

Feb 2014
The ending was meh and rushed

And the kind of relationship between Sensei and Rin got more uncertain/confused with this episode.

I mean, a handshake and: "Let's just have a normal relationship now, ok?"

Well, it's not like I want them to be together, but to fight over something for about 12 episodes then just throw it into the air like nothing happened is really cruel with us, isn't it?

Anyway, I hope that this is not the case.

Still, I have doubts about giving this show a 7 or an 8 due to what I said above.

PS: Reiji best character. ;)
TechOtakuDec 8, 2016 8:17 PM
May 11, 2017 5:31 AM

Feb 2013
I was afraid for a bit when Reiji wanted to transfer her somewhere else, it all ended well, I loved it.
May 27, 2017 12:38 AM

Jun 2015
Well, all I can say is, sucks for anyone who dropped at ep 3 and 4 because the tonal shift halfway through was a big (and not unwelcome) surprise. Way more drama and social commentary than I was expecting. While it seemed a bit too rushed and melodramatic early on, after ep 6 this series really found a nice pace. Glad to say I enjoyed it quite a bit, for more than just the controversy and fan service! 8/10
Mar 26, 2018 4:21 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, so in the end nothing really changed so where is the moral of the drama?

I don't think this was bad closing episode per se and their handshake was great scene but it all concluded way open-ended. No resolution for Reiji, no happy-end for Houin-sensei, still no respect and no lesson-learnt for Aoki-sensei (who is the same pushover as in the beginning) and Rin still hasn't changed her attitude towards him at all. It was interesting journey but we basically stopped half-way through.

So, unless the following OVAs conclude it well, I can't see any real worth in this. Yes, it was enjoyable, there were some really good scenes showing the needs of children and the drama was good but too much of lolicon sometimes (and it wasn't even necessary, actually would be a lot better without it).

6/10
Dec 16, 2018 6:46 PM

May 2018
Didn't expect for this anime to be good...

I was expecting for this anime to be a pure Ecchi anime without plot, and then after conquering the first three episodes it turns out to be a good anime, making the fanservice leave and continue with a drama.

The series isn't that bad, it is all about family and emotional issues... Just give it a chance and understand the whole plot and dont just focus on some pointless fanservice.

Mar 11, 2019 7:14 AM

Mar 2016
I liked this ending.

The problem I had throughout the show was the attempt to justify Rin's behavior as outside of her, ie. simply because her mother died. She's a sociopath, and that can't just be because of Reiji either. Speaking of Reiji, his story was interesting and more understandable, especially how he thought Rin was going to become 'like him.' Whether it was his own fear that built up that image or not, it was somewhat chilling.

Rin needs some real help though. That scene where she almost pushed Houin-sensei off the stairs can't be brushed away. As much as it seems like she's made progress, she's got issues.

Also, having Aoki appear to be a lolicon in some scenes, and ignorant of Rin's intent in other scenes was weird.
syncrogazerMar 11, 2019 7:17 AM
Jan 22, 2020 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
I like it. I expected hell of a lot less, but it was actually quite good. I have to give the writer a lot of credit not only for writing a story about such a controversial subject, but handling it so well.
May 5, 2020 8:25 PM

Jul 2013
I agree with a lot of people here. I didn't expect to much at first, just a lot of Ecchi stuff without any sort of story, but I was wrong. And now I'm glad I was wrong. I liked the ending. At least the twist between Aoki and Reiji got solved and Rin can normally go to school and have fun.

Just to bad that Houin got cockblocked so often haha. Maybe in the OVA's she gets a better chance?

Can't wait to see what will happen there.

Aug 3, 2020 4:00 AM
Aug 2017
Remove all the sketchy shit and over exaggerated stuff, this actually has some important life lessons. Good run doe
Oct 5, 2020 6:30 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least he saved Rin from Reiji...xD well it was a good conclusion for this anime I guess, overall fine stuff but it was too overdramatic sometimes + the mix between "borderline" ecchi stuff and serious moments just felt weird, one of the weirdest anime I've ever watched I think xD 6/10
Mar 20, 2021 8:55 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, Reiji, you're not hearing Rin's voice yourself.. How you wanted for others to hear your own voice before.. Please hear voice of Rin too..
Well, overall.. I think it's right that this anime isn't tagged as romance.. As it wasn't romance anime, in my feel.. It was something like girl with her school crush on teacher.. And new teacher dealing with teaching problems.. Then also some drama around families backstories.. I think that's what anime was about..
I only also have to watch OVAs too..
Jun 17, 2021 11:35 AM

Jun 2019
My 56th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Oct 7, 2021 11:41 PM
Feb 2013
Damn reviews, trying to tell me there was something good here. Even putting aside the sexualization of 8-year-olds, it was ham-fisted melodrama made in an attempt to justify the rancid central plot. The only good part of this series was Kuro yelling that the feckless MC was a virgin and kicking him in the balls.
Oct 12, 2021 7:41 PM

Feb 2016
I'm glad I watching this 'till the end, people really are missing up the good family story and teacher's issue with little girls. Too bad the season 2 got axed... so it's time for me to read the manga (I love some fanservices myself, Mimi is such a cutie :D)
Dec 8, 2021 5:01 AM

Jan 2021
That was unexpectedly good. Would’ve rated it higher if it didn’t have fan service of literal 3rd graders
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Dec 30, 2022 1:55 PM

Aug 2019
the series was way better than i remembered.  its serious, emotional and disgustingly hilarious.  its sad that many ignore this show because its "creepy" or whatever they just cant handle fiction and have missed out on a great story.  ill definetly try reading the manga at somepoint

Oct 13, 2023 3:16 PM

Sep 2010
Touching but badly chewed ending.
Drawing a summary, Aoki has gotten some decent consistent character development all throughout the show in his journey as a teacher.
Kokonoe's character development was mostly stunted throughout, treading same rakes over and over until the "kind" conversation with Houin-sensei.
Reiji has sadly gotten the short end of the stick. Felt like very rushed screenwriting. He was first established with a rich touching backstory. Depicted as a good responsible dad throughout. Except for the implied suspicions of hidden domestic abuse, which didn't pan out. But in the latter episodes they suddenly threw a crazy arc onto him, even though none of it was in fact required to justify his actions and concerns. In the end, we don't even get to see him recover to his saner old self. Which, even aside from his person, is quite important for Kokonoe's parenting and wellbeing overall.

Bit unsatisfied with Houin staying the butt of the romance joke.

So I'm a bit bummed for the sake of Reiji, but otherwise, what a blast the show was!
This show definitely has some things to say. Of pedagogy and parenting, of censorship and stigma, of human relationships and general psychology.

More topics from this board

» What reasons are there NOT to watch Kodomo no Jikan?

Carvewin91 - Jan 10, 2023

13 by luksthefool »»
Mar 19, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 7 Discussion

Tenshin - Nov 25, 2007

25 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

deli53 - Nov 17, 2007

100 by Acctra »»
Jan 10, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 11 Discussion

Crisu - Dec 22, 2007

43 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:17 PM

Poll: » Kodomo no Jikan Episode 10 Discussion

Tenshin - Dec 15, 2007

35 by Erquint »»
Oct 13, 2023 1:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.