Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2013 8:36 PM

Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
iOwnATfailing said:
IceBurnChaos said:
This started out all sorts of sideways...

As someone whose read the LN and Manga I agree that someone who has no prior knowledge of this show will be a little confused, the LN also started out a bit rushed, but its going to start to smooth out and become clearer
Have you read all volume 4?

I believe I read up to the 7th chapter of Volume 4 and dropped it for a bit so I could read a different LN which had a manga and I was an avid fan of it. I started to re-read Volume 4 this weekend though.
Mar 31, 2013 8:38 PM

Mar 2012
iOwnATfailing said:
NeoAnkara said:
iOwnATfailing said:
IceBurnChaos said:

As someone whose read the LN and Manga I agree that someone who has no prior knowledge of this show will be a little confused, the LN also started out a bit rushed, but its going to start to smooth out and become clearer
Have you read all volume 4?

I believe I read up to the 7th chapter of Volume 4 and dropped it for a bit so I could read a different LN which had a manga and I was an avid fan of it. I started to re-read Volume 4 this weekend though.
You haven'r read chapter 8 then.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 31, 2013 9:02 PM

Jun 2010
First episode was amazing, good introduction and explanation of the setting.

Definitely looking forward to the rest
Mar 31, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2011
Obviously there is at least one more character to introduce as we haven't seen the third girl in the simulation software (galge) yet. This may have some potential but there seem to be a lot of generic elements to it. At times it almost felt like they were going down a checklist (genki klutzy teacher with cute nickname--Tama-chan--Check!). Anyway I will invoke the Madoka three episode rule and keep watching, but I hope we can get better video quality soon.

Edit: After rewatching with a better sub (but alas no better video) I am more impressed. Should be an entertaining watch for a season and who knows, it might surprise me. What a difference an extra 10% of dialogue makes.
rodacApr 1, 2013 1:07 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 31, 2013 9:42 PM

Sep 2012
So.. Umm.. Cute girls appeared out of no where causing devastating spacequakes that kill millions of people and to deal with them is to either kill them or date them..?

That made so much sense! :D It's good to hear from Ayana again! Twin-tailed, tsundere, imouto for the win!! ^^ Origami would be perfect if she's any shorter :p
Mar 31, 2013 9:53 PM
Oct 2012
ayana taketatsu is doing kotoris voice? yay! shell be kirino again soon too! thats one good thing already

i didnt read the LN or the manga. i had fun watching this episode, it seems to be pretty interesting
i also laughed when that blonde guy was crawling up the stairs after being beaten by kotori
Mar 31, 2013 10:04 PM
Jan 2013
The PV was much much better than I would imagine and was looking forward to this anime for a while
However, the first episode was a big disappointment ._. Shido went from funny to those generic retarded clueless guys.

The conversation with these character seem also a bit awkward. I'd give it a few more episode and see if its good to keep watching.
Mar 31, 2013 10:08 PM

Mar 2013
IceBurnChaos said:

I feel the same way. Haven't read the LN's. Probably won't.
I watched all of Vividred Operation so I can take this.
Holding off on vote.
Mar 31, 2013 10:38 PM

Oct 2012
This was much more entertaining than what I thought it would be :)

Mar 31, 2013 11:11 PM

Sep 2008
ok..seems llike this was really expected...like the vn and manga are ay too famous, so forme who heard thet this comming out, but this is the first time im actually in contact with the story, i feel weird ... like what? was thiss too fast? and..kidou san really accepts thing fast ...like the loli commander imouto...
still, i got this weird feeling that i enjoyed it and will enjoyit more
Kyube said:
I am still trying to comprehed this episode, but words are failing me.
The best option should be forgetting everything and then reboot. Otherwise I may take some damage.

i know that feeling bro
NeoAnkara said:
Elita_Again said:
I think this might be the anime I'm most excited for this season. First episode was great and I can't wait for more. It reminds me a lot of Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai.
Thought Kotori skill cannot be compared to Keima.

saving the world with an eroge, sure, its not the first time, lets give this a shot
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 31, 2013 11:13 PM

Feb 2012
Alright Alright. It was a good episode don't get me wrong at all. I actually really enjoyed it however...

The concept is so fucking stupid it literally made me LOL. So long as they don't try to "force" a mature atmosphere I think this series will be great. It just needs to be what it actually is and not something else and I think the series will be fine.
Mar 31, 2013 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
Zero_r2 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Elita_Again said:
I think this might be the anime I'm most excited for this season. First episode was great and I can't wait for more. It reminds me a lot of Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai.

saving the world with an eroge, sure, its not the first time, lets give this a shot
Since Date A Live is published at 2011 maybe it get the inspiration from Kami Nomi who already success first.

MidnightPride said:
Alright Alright. It was a good episode don't get me wrong at all. I actually really enjoyed it however...

The concept is so fucking stupid it literally made me LOL. So long as they don't try to "force" a mature atmosphere I think this series will be great. It just needs to be what it actually is and not something else and I think the series will be fine.
The LN is up and down about the seriousness of the situation.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Mar 31, 2013 11:22 PM

Feb 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Zero_r2 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Elita_Again said:

Since Date A Live is published at 2011 maybe it get the inspiration from Kami Nomi who already success first.

MidnightPride said:

It's not bad for it to have seriousness but I don't think it will do well if they are going evangelion-seriousness about him dating LOL
Mar 31, 2013 11:23 PM

Mar 2012
MidnightPride said:
NeoAnkara said:
Zero_r2 said:
NeoAnkara said:
Elita_Again said:

MidnightPride said:

It's not bad for it to have seriousness but I don't think it will do well if they are going evangelion-seriousness about him dating LOL
Nah it won't go that far.
Mar 31, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2012
I guess I'm the only one who was slightly disappointed...
It skipped many starting details and I felt as though the pace was too fast.
For those who read the light novel - I did likewise - we understand what is going on. However I believe for those who haven't wven touched the manga or novel may have been slightly confused at parts.
I want it to slow down a bit, although the series is only alloted 12 episodes.
The art was amazing however!
Mar 31, 2013 11:37 PM

Sep 2012
I love the character designs...
I hope it gets funny and have some action...
Mar 31, 2013 11:38 PM

Mar 2012
AzNg0d said:
For those who read the light novel - I did likewise - we understand what is going on. However I believe for those who haven't wven touched the manga or novel may have been slightly confused at parts.
I still cannot belive how they can adapt 4 volume to 12 episode.
Mar 31, 2013 11:42 PM
Sep 2012
I thought that Date a Live is pretty good. I LOL'd at Shidou pretending to be infected just to get his brocon sister out of his bed. That appearance of that spirit and the fight that took place was also pretty nice to watch and the girls are cute too. The part where his brocon sister suddenly turned into a tsudere in the ship was funny and I especially liked the ED. This is one show that I'll be following throughout the season.
Mar 31, 2013 11:43 PM
Jan 2013
NeoAnkara said:
AzNg0d said:

That would would suck if they adapt four volumes into 12 episodes. The first episodes was good and had some laughs in the morning scene.
Mar 31, 2013 11:45 PM

Mar 2012
yellowperil said:
NeoAnkara said:
AzNg0d said:

That would would suck if they adapt four volumes into 12 episodes. The first episodes was good and had some laughs in the morning scene.
If the pick on anime page to be belived that is since it show character from volume 3 and volume 3 end with cliffhanger.
Mar 31, 2013 11:54 PM
Jul 2018
Good Nice Intro I enjoyed it I guess. this might become a fav. series this season. Just my thing i guess. (if anyone is wondering FFF just released the episode)
Apr 1, 2013 12:22 AM

Feb 2010
good start (like the character design) if they follow the LN faithfully we are in hell of a ride.
Apr 1, 2013 12:42 AM

Jan 2013
Never heard of the LN it's based on.
First impressions are alright.
Apr 1, 2013 1:08 AM

Feb 2012
The first episode looks interesting enough to enthrall me for the next episode. Hope the storyline doesn't turn lame. So far, so good!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Apr 1, 2013 1:41 AM

Apr 2009
I'm a bit disappointed that they skipped the part where Murasame popped back a bottle of sleeping pills like in the manga, but not overly surprised.
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Apr 1, 2013 1:50 AM

Feb 2012
I like the premise of this, the sister is tolerable right now but I hope she doesn't become annoying later on.
Apr 1, 2013 1:54 AM
May 2010
Haven't read the novel so I don't know what to expect. Hopefully this series will be different from other shitty-plot harems but for now, Kotori's too moe for me to not keep watching.
Apr 1, 2013 2:04 AM

Mar 2013
Hope that the anime ends at volume 3 ending.
Apr 1, 2013 2:08 AM

Sep 2012
LOL @ the galge ending, it was the most interesting part of this anime that should have been a galge tbh. OK episode, though I don't expect a lot of things from this stupid plot and those characters. I hope the fanservice will be enough to satisfy me.
Apr 1, 2013 2:09 AM

Mar 2013
Fanservice everywhere. :D

But i'm a guy so. . . I liked it.
Apr 1, 2013 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
LOL, I like the switch of his sister's character at the later part of the episode. I prefer that one rather than your typical cute little sister.

I won't expect much from this series, I hope the future episode will change my mind.

Apr 1, 2013 3:02 AM

Jan 2012
I like the first episode. It looks al well done, I can't wait for the TV airing.
Apr 1, 2013 3:59 AM

Mar 2013
Just to be sure,Kotori is a sadist right ?
Apr 1, 2013 4:06 AM

Mar 2012
It's interesting actually, not really that awesome but it's the first episode so better I not judge it
Apr 1, 2013 5:04 AM

Jun 2012
zakkun89 said:

Kotori has two personalities depending of the color of the ribbons she wears.
Black = sadistic/tsundere.
White = imouto/cute.
Apr 1, 2013 5:04 AM

Oct 2010
It's meh.. I will probably watch all eps, just hoping it get better.
Apr 1, 2013 5:23 AM

Jul 2011
I like girls' eyes.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 1, 2013 6:06 AM

Mar 2013
Sairyuu69 said:
zakkun89 said:

Kotori has two personalities depending of the color of the ribbons she wears.
Black = sadistic/tsundere.
White = imouto/cute.

Ahhh,I didn't notice the ribbons the first time.
It seem to me like the black side is her real personality and the white side is just a facade though.I wonder if this is plot releated or just play for fun.

And this is just a wild guess but
Apr 1, 2013 6:31 AM

Jun 2012
zakkun89 said:

Apr 1, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2012
Kind of interesting setting but the characters aren't anything to write home about....
HybridMBLApr 1, 2013 7:16 AM
Apr 1, 2013 8:22 AM

Dec 2012
well, that was nothing special imo. i actually didn't really like this episode.
but i won't judge an anime by its first episode, so let's see where this is going.
Apr 1, 2013 8:37 AM

Jul 2008
I originally wasn't expecting much from this anime, but the "T-virus" part made me laugh and the science fiction based spacequakes made me intrigued for more. Definitely a step up from the stereotypical harem anime that I'm used to seeing, so I'll probably keep up with this show!
Apr 1, 2013 8:50 AM

Jan 2013
Interesting episode. The story has potential but I hope it doesn't turn into some type of cliche harem type anime.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 1, 2013 9:12 AM

Dec 2012
really enjoyed the first episode. lots of comedy that complemented the seriousness well. I decided to read the LN awhile ago and my thoughts on the character looks were met. Looking forward to the rest of the episodes
:(
Apr 1, 2013 9:49 AM

May 2010
What a random episode, from the Sister 180 Filp to the Funny Nurse that did the random fallout to the "Commander" being a M. will being watching this.

also that woke up and was like wtf? like he was in The Trueman Show. with his bubble being popped. haha

Also the girl in Purple love the way her eye were done such a sick color scheme.
Apr 1, 2013 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
There's a loli tsundere in the show? Instant gold!

Naw, but in all seriousness, this looks like it'll be funny. I would've liked it more if there was an explanation as to why the spacequakes occurs because of the Spirits, but still, I think it'll be funny and watchable.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Apr 1, 2013 11:10 AM

Jun 2011
I was expecting this to be bad but that was epic.
Didn't see any of that coming at all...
The ost is what did for me though-- the perfect accentuation!
I'm not one to notice the ost often, if ever so this deserves an impression in my book.
Apr 1, 2013 11:10 AM

Aug 2011
The sleepy teacher was awesome.

Looks pretty good all in all.
Apr 1, 2013 11:11 AM

Dec 2012
Woot it finally got adapted into an anime! C: Can't wait to see the next episode!!
Apr 1, 2013 11:48 AM

Nov 2012
They stayed pretty canon to the novel, only snipped out a few minor parts so I like it ^v^ Also, the seiyuus are doing great, I'm especially liking Shidou and Reine. The only problem I have is the pacing :/
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.