Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 6, 2014 9:18 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Kotori was alright I guess. I liked her personality in the first half of the episode. 2nd half she was kind of annoying.

Tabichi is one interesting character. One thing I'll be looking forward to is her back story. How and when did she become a spirit killer.

I'm surprised Shido didn't recognize Kotori's picture when the guy showed him the phone.

Nov 18, 2014 8:03 AM

Sep 2014
Decent episode which basically introcues what the anime is about.
Truth being said didn't really expected to enjoy these series that much when I watched this episode, but it turned out really cool.
Jan 17, 2015 6:41 PM

Jul 2014
That was a fun and enjoyable first episode. Looking forward to some more :)
Apr 12, 2015 3:50 AM

Jan 2012
Jets said:
There were numerous turnoffs from this first episode. If like the next two don't really improve, then I'm likely giving up on this.

Same here .Another Meh LN harem adaptation

Apr 18, 2015 8:14 AM
Oct 2014
Is "date a live" pronounced "live" as in "I love going to live performances!" or "I live in London"?
May 3, 2015 12:23 PM

Apr 2010
Kotori-chan! She's freaking awesome. :D
May 12, 2015 7:38 AM
Nov 2014
Good introduction episode, I was well entertained.
VirginAmirulMar 27, 2020 1:05 PM
Aug 26, 2015 12:14 PM

Jul 2014
was expecting the sister to end up dying during the spacial quake. BOY WAS I SURPRIESED. the comedy and seriousness seems well balanced, and I don't usually drop anime, especially during the 1st episode, so i'll give this a shot.
Oct 10, 2015 10:38 PM

Feb 2015
i came to this by a funny clip, but now i am....rather confused. does the plot want to be taken seriously or not? the beginning is serious, but there are moments when the comedy isn't your average anime comedy, but is lurched into something of an umaru chan degree. i'm all for seriousness and comedy to a limit, but it seems the show's undecided now.

this is why i want to know the characters before plot on the first episode. i NEVER want an immediate plot, because guess what? you can't explain plot for AN ENTIRE SHOW in a 20some-odd minute video. and guess what? they tried to do that and guess what? i ended up severely confused.

as for the characters:

at first i thought it was a 2009-'10 series. the designs look...dated.

none of the characters are worth talking about besides that they all basically look the same.

not that i enjoyed his sister before, but i really had to try and not get pissed off by her being so....pissy-like.

kyouhei looks like a chibi version of guy/gai from guilty crown O_O

episode felt really, really rushed, but i'm not complaining about the action in it. if nothing else works, please keep the action!
TomDayOct 11, 2015 1:19 PM
Nov 9, 2015 11:01 AM

Oct 2010
Huh, that imouto went from super cute/dere to super sadistic and high and mighty act. I don't quite understand but it seems like they are fighting the spirits who makes those space-quakes? How the hell does she have all that getup? Underage girls owning a company... huh...

Opening song is really good and that short fight scene was awesomely animated. Let's see if they will hold that level of quality. The spirit girl looks enchanting. ˇˇ

Let's see how it goes from there. So he has to make Spirits love this world by dating? Awesome way to fight haha.
Dec 27, 2015 9:45 AM

Jan 2011
i think great opening
we get some action and comedy too and some pantie shots
shidous little sister is commander ....
Dec 29, 2015 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
That's probably a new record for the most amount of annoying characters introduced in a single ep, and the dating sim for the 'plot' was cringe worthy.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jun 12, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2016
"Hmm i kno, lets start a anime/story with a 150 million deaths n showing sexy girls.." okey then..
Soo the OP is fantastic :p man, i like Both the animation n sound really catchy.
Lol soon after we start of with Hella loads with pantyshot XD bet this is gonna be a crazy amazing story n plenty of "exotic" shit in this one xD

i mean crazy lilsister who is 14, who are a Fucking commander?(fucking personality Switch from dere dere to tsundre xD ) n a vice-com who is just Hilarious xD man im gonna love this anime.
ED is quite sweet..
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jul 17, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2013
Wow that was incredible fast. I actually liked Kotori in the beginning, but she's kind of a bitch.
Jul 19, 2016 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
Dance on me to kawaii imouto and show me your stripped imo pantsu :3
Very promising episode. I already love Kotori and her seiyuu is Ayana Taketatsu who also voices Kirino, Ako and Suguha, nuff said. I hope for a big dramatic wincest story. Plot twist in the end wasn't all of a sudden for me because I already spoiled myself a bit but still impressive.
It's funny how she stomps that dude foot even though Shido pisses her off but she still loves onii-chan even in this state and doesn't want to hurt him :P
Also OP is great.
tsundereharasserJul 19, 2016 9:36 PM
Mar 26, 2017 4:05 AM

Aug 2013
Another shitty pointless anime with caricatures instead of normal characters and dull humor. Another awful battles with special effects instead of detailed fight just like in every third-tier anime for teens. This anime is garbage in short.
Aug 17, 2017 8:33 PM

Jul 2009
Huh, this episode was surprisingly entertaining! I actually didn't have many expectations for this show but it might prove to be decently interesting :P The OP was pretty catchy but I didn't really like the ED that much. Kotori's personality did like a completely 180 by the end O_O I'm getting Kaminomi vibes from this if Shido has to go around and "date" all the Spirits ... though why that's the plan they went with is still up in the air for me XD There were some decently funny moments and the action was pretty good too, plus now I can finally see who all these well known characters are floating around ... let's see where this goes :P
Oct 11, 2018 5:02 AM
Feb 2017
Man, this is amazing,..

I'm loving that imouto loli

...so cute

Jan 5, 2019 8:35 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad start and I'm looking forward to this.

Mar 17, 2019 8:23 PM

Mar 2016
Date a Life Live... Yes, a show that I've always wanted to watch. And now that I have... What have I gotten myself into?!

I like the OP, got some good upbeat song and mildly interesting visuals, the ED is pretty stale in terms of its visual due to it being almost static. But the song is amusing, so that's that.

Typical introduction, 150000000 people died because of some spatial quake, skip forward to a typical high school MC, with a supposedly genki imouto which turns out to be a tsundere with such a bad attitude who is also a commander of an Anti Spirit Team. A team that fights of Spatialquake-causing Spirits. Which now, of course, is Shido's problem too since now he is tasked with having to date the spirits to defeat them somehow.

What even is the characters, from simply looking at them, you can tell that Tobiichi (Holding myself back from typing Tobitchy) is a kuudere, some gengki teacher, and a wingman kinda gay friend.

But welp, a weird and messy start of the show indeed, but let see how this turns out!
Apr 26, 2019 6:22 PM

Apr 2009
WTF is this show??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2019 2:39 PM
Apr 2016
Oh well, seems like a generic ecchi-action anime. I guess this is my new time-killer. Seems like his sister wasn't who he thought she is..
Sep 22, 2019 12:53 PM

Aug 2014
What have I just watched? ;o
I am totally shocked ;d
But the OP was great
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Apr 29, 2020 10:39 PM

Feb 2018
An anime that sells waifu.
Sep 18, 2020 7:30 AM
Apr 2020
Thyriad-oPPailov said:
What have I just watched? ;o
I am totally shocked ;d
But the OP was great

Nothing to disappoint from this show. And Sweet Arms deliver as always. But this novel have 22 volume, that's not too short for you is it?
Sep 18, 2020 7:33 AM
Apr 2020
Finally I get to see an anime from Ayana that I won't drop. This look promising.
Oct 1, 2020 6:09 AM

Feb 2020
I'm really just here because I'm intrigued by Kurumi... And I don't even know when she's gonna arrive. Now I'm forced to watch an ecchi harem. Help me.

In all seriousness, it actually wasn't as bad as I expected. It's actually pretty fun, though it's definitely not AT ALL a masterpiece. I find the premise to be so absurd it's actually funny, so I'm curious to see how it'll be handled.
FafetteOct 1, 2020 6:18 AM
Nov 6, 2020 2:14 PM

Nov 2016
Well, at least it's to save the world and it's honestly a pretty interesting was to deal with the spirits.

First episode was enjoyable. The atmosphere is lighthearted as it should be for such a series and I think I will enjoy the dynamic between the three parties.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 18, 2020 9:29 PM
Nov 2020
Op anime, I love this anime sooooo... Much
Jul 21, 2021 6:15 AM
Dec 2017
All Hail Kurumi Tokisaki!!!

Dec 7, 2021 5:04 AM

Apr 2020
decided to watch this after seeing so many of its clips on youtube. Already know how "special" the characters are going to be
water
Feb 21, 2022 12:01 PM

Aug 2017
Fine introduction episode, nice fight scene, Tohka and that white hair girl seems interesting characters and the comedy is ok . Kotori was kinda annoying tho, needs to humbled down.
Mar 31, 2022 8:49 PM

Feb 2014
K, finally starting this popular harem that avoided me for so long.
I wanna know why the imouto changed personality all of a sudden, the most obvious answer is probably that she was just pretending, but still, I wanna know the reason she did it till now.

Oct 19, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2017
Already seen the show enough times but I wonder if things were different.

If Tohka wasn't (at least in episode 2 and 3 more than episode 1) convinced or was but then like the 'meet the parents' volume 10.5 that's a funny range of reactions of a 'what if' set between S3 events but isn't canon so no spoilers then them just being on business kind of approach was used. The what if part I mean of her not adjusting or has adjusted but changes her mind part I mean.

Instead it was that Kurumi convinces Tohka that the world isn't what it seems (hasn't meet her or has whenever to set it but for the 'hasn't just says a bunch of things to convince Tohka') and due to some random reason she changes her mind and wants to learn about the world/destroy it and ditched Shidou. Trying to go for a 'this is what adult life is like and less time to see Shidou, do anything because there is barriers to doing them or some ridiculous reason to convince her to leave'.

The 'beauty of this world' being a lie she doesn't believeable anymore because she doesn't know him that long, she doesn't know about Ratasokr or paid enough attention and starts questioning things, like a 'are you planning something even though you told me and cared about' sort of thing.

Been wondering that for a while to create a fan fiction about it for a 'what if' scenario (not that I do that usually don't care to read or write but still) it would be interesting than the 'it's a harem' but the first heroine/main heroine changes her mind to ditch the MC even if her life is different and better than being hunted by the AST and that she had moments where she wasn't and learnt about the world without Shidou. Learning sword techniques watching students do Kendo or other things to gain her skills. Whatever else can fit just learning about the world by walking around, seeing things without Shidou there.
Suntanned_Duck2Oct 19, 2022 6:05 PM
Nov 28, 2022 10:38 AM

Oct 2013
Yeah, I checked this anime out, cause it was popular at the time and I wanted to know, specifically why. It's kind of an interesting concept, but the characters kinda look drawn the same, which I knew that before going in, but it's also kinda abit too whacky for me, without enough comedy to back it up. Also, this was kind of a gamble for me to like, going in, cause I'm not that into harem animes. Anyway, interesting, but not for me
"We brawlers are sustained by willpower! Even when mocked as reckless and crazy!"
Apr 19, 2023 10:28 PM
Feb 2021
This has to be the most anime anime of all time. My god.
May 30, 2023 1:26 PM
May 2022
i suck at rust...........
Nov 30, 2023 7:51 PM

Nov 2023
Well what a interesting show. Will watch more
Apr 10, 8:26 PM

Mar 2019
The episode begins by showing the panties of a 14-year-old girl..

Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.