Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2013 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
As a LN reader i am a bit disappointed this episode felt rushed and some things where left out the background music was to happy and didn't make sense at all.
And some things felt cheap so to speak, plus some of the jokes where not used.
Also asking as a LN reader here who where those three girls that where talking about the main being a siscon?
Apr 1, 2013 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
Aversa said:
As a LN reader i am a bit disappointed this episode felt rushed and some things where left out the background music was to happy and didn't make sense at all.
Also asking as a LN reader here who where those three girls that where talking about the main being a siscon?
I know right? They skipped out on Tonomachi's awesome rankings! And also made him three times more gay.

Rushed anime is rushed. I feel like it'll end up with something similar to Hidan no Aria's adpation if this pace keeps up OTL
Apr 1, 2013 12:43 PM

Oct 2010
Aversa said:

The three girls you are referring to are the trio that appears in Vol. 3. Their names are Ai (blonde one), Mai (brunette one), and Mii (black hair with glasses). In the novel, they are referred to as the Ai•Mai•Mii trio and they befriend with
Apr 1, 2013 1:09 PM

Sep 2012
really dissapointed me..
Apr 1, 2013 1:43 PM

Mar 2013
Ok frist episode I suppose nothing really to get excited about, I give it a 3/5 will keep watching for now but not really expecting much.

Apr 1, 2013 1:52 PM

Feb 2013
it was a good start
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 1, 2013 2:04 PM
Jan 2011
Ok, so it looks like that this anime is following the manga's footsteps.
Apr 1, 2013 2:23 PM

Dec 2011
Girls with superpowers that causes spacequakes with a nice amount of ecchi and the main character saves the world by training with datings sims?

Just my kind of anime!!! Hahaha. Luckily it didnt have absurd long names especially for a light novel. Cant wait to see more!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2013 2:25 PM

Jul 2012
Decent start, but I am waiting to see more as they didn't go all out on the first episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Apr 1, 2013 2:42 PM

Mar 2012
Muir said:
Aversa said:
I know right? They skipped out on Tonomachi's awesome rankings! And also made him three times more gay.

Rushed anime is rushed. I feel like it'll end up with something similar to Hidan no Aria's adpation if this pace keeps up OTL
I just have the feel that they want to adapt 4 volume to this. Unless they go with cliffhanger or anime original route.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 1, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2011
Interesting...I'll keep watching...so far the only thing I didnt like was the sisters personality change x.x
Apr 1, 2013 3:52 PM

Feb 2011
That was pretty awesome , love it so far .
Apr 1, 2013 3:53 PM

Nov 2012
meh this was okay. ill stay to see more red chicks tsundere side
Apr 1, 2013 3:58 PM

Feb 2013
Kotori is so freaking cute. I liked the animation and the fight between Tobiishi and Tohka was pretty intense
Apr 1, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2011
Dafuq did I just watched?!
Apr 1, 2013 5:25 PM

Mar 2012
ainky said:
Dafuq did I just watched?!
Another LN harem adaptation.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 1, 2013 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
Kinda meh... Now, to see if it improves...
Apr 1, 2013 8:23 PM

Mar 2013
Muir said:
Aversa said:

Tonomachi sounded really gay...
Apr 1, 2013 8:28 PM

Nov 2012
5596050 said:
Muir said:
Aversa said:

I know! XD He wasn't THIS gay sounding in the Light Novel, but they made him seem seriously gay for Shidou in this lol Also that seiyuu is not helping, he's really acting the part haha
Apr 1, 2013 9:35 PM

Jan 2011
Basically an infodump episode. The imouto was kinda cute, and I thought I might watch just for her, but it turns out she's actually an annoying bitch. -___-
Apr 1, 2013 10:01 PM
Mar 2011
the rabbit of the green hooded girl looks like Sam from Sam & Max
Apr 2, 2013 12:19 AM

Feb 2012
I loved the world only god knows, but this is just dogshit. Expectations shattered, I don't even know if I still wan to give it a chance, I can already see the ending. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2013 12:45 AM
Sep 2012
Pretty good. I LOL'd at Shidou pretending to be infected just to get his brocon sister out of his bed. That appearance of that spirit and the fight that took place was also pretty nice to watch and the girls are cute too. The part where his brocon sister suddenly turned into a tsudere in the ship was funny and I especially liked the ED. This is one show that I'll be following throughout the season.
Apr 2, 2013 1:59 AM
Aug 2011
Pacing wasn't good, and the characters are pretty generic. Overall it seems pretty standard and I doubt it will surprise me much. Though I think i'll stick with it cause the LN seems to be popular.
Apr 2, 2013 2:05 AM

Mar 2013
Muir said:
5596050 said:
Muir said:
Aversa said:

I know! XD He wasn't THIS gay sounding in the Light Novel, but they made him seem seriously gay for Shidou in this lol Also that seiyuu is not helping, he's really acting the part haha

If this keeps up, the DVD/BR sales might actually skyrocket haha, anyway hope it doesn't get butchered like Campione....
Apr 2, 2013 2:08 AM

Mar 2012
5596050 said:
Muir said:
5596050 said:
Muir said:
Aversa said:

If this keeps up, the DVD/BR sales might actually skyrocket haha, anyway hope it doesn't get butchered like Campione....
Campione was a let down with that pacing. Same with Hidan no Aria thought it was slower than Campione.
Apr 2, 2013 2:36 AM

Jan 2010
Was kinda meh for me. The plot and central characters seem pretty cliche for the most part. Hopefully I'll care about them when they get fleshed out some more.

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Apr 2, 2013 5:05 AM

Mar 2013
looks like a anime that'll range with a rating of 5 to 7 at most.
Apr 2, 2013 5:21 AM

Sep 2012
Akamitsu said:
Still waiting for a good quality version. The one out right now is pretty shitty.

i agree, i`m waiting for 720p with subs.
Apr 2, 2013 5:22 AM

Jan 2013
kinda bit dissapointed....i was expecting better even though its a typical action harem anime, hopre it gets better....
Apr 2, 2013 5:58 AM

May 2012
sorhan777 said:
kinda bit dissapointed....i was expecting better even though its a typical action harem anime, hopre it gets better....

Was also disappointed.... I don't know. Just didn't have that pull. Feels exactly like World only God Knows.
Apr 2, 2013 6:04 AM

Sep 2012
One question for the LN readers: Does the LN explain why they draft in Shido only now but not before? I presume Shido is born with the capacity to do what he is supposed to do (Date A Live I suppose) but why is the timing? Because of Tohka (the emotionless spirit who appears in this episode)? Because he saw all the combat that he is not supposed to see (as he should have gone to evacuation shelter)? Because he is now considered old enough? Or the training software was not ready yet until now?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 2, 2013 6:36 AM
Jan 2009
cephilis said:
I loved the world only god knows, but this is just dogshit. Expectations shattered, I don't even know if I still wan to give it a chance, I can already see the ending. :P

Just wondering how many people actually caught that, I couldn't stop laughing.

Kind of feels like a dumbed down version of The World God Only Knows. Simpler jokes, more shallow cliche characters, no real build up in the story, etc. I know that probably isn't a completely fair assessment with only one episode out but as someone who hasn't read the LN this is all go have to go on for this series so far.

I'll probably still watch it because I kind of like the concept but maybe I'll just try to get a hold of the LN for a better look on the story.
Apr 2, 2013 6:42 AM
Jan 2013
What, The commander was his little sister?
Apr 2, 2013 7:20 AM

Nov 2012
Great 1st episode.. Only thing I disliked was the cliche way that he got caught up in the battle and he has to be the 1 to help out now, and the pace of it. at 1st it was going well but the way he quickly found out his sister was involved was kinda sloppy idk thats just me.other then that it was great. I hope it doesnt become another Sekirei or sora no otoshimono type crap. Not even a campione would be good since this has alot of potential and hope it doesnt let it go to waste.
Apr 2, 2013 8:33 AM

Mar 2012
symbv said:
One question for the LN readers: Does the LN explain why they draft in Shido only now but not before? I presume Shido is born with the capacity to do what he is supposed to do (Date A Live I suppose) but why is the timing? Because of Tohka (the emotionless spirit who appears in this episode)? Because he saw all the combat that he is not supposed to see (as he should have gone to evacuation shelter)? Because he is now considered old enough? Or the training software was not ready yet until now?
As far as I read (vol 4 chapter 8) It still doesn't clear what Shidou is. Theysay he was bound to included sooner or later.
Apr 2, 2013 8:40 AM

Sep 2012
i didnt not understand the 1st one bit it could of been way better it was rushed

Apr 2, 2013 10:05 AM
May 2009
Got really dragged around this first episode. Probably so they can get to the good interesting stuff, which isn't necessarily bad. Although I was saying "WTF" in my head a lot. Probably will have to rewatch the episode so everything can sink in. Overall, I wasn't expecting to be interested very much in this series but First Ep has convinced me to watch it. Hope things don't drop off after the first episode like many other series I've watched.
Apr 2, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2013
Seems pretty neat. So far the only problem I have is with the text used on the sub I'm watching

Captital P's, Capital P's, and strange looking Y's everywhere!
Apr 2, 2013 1:06 PM
Oct 2010
Somehow cliche but I'm still interested. I'll keep watching, at least for a while.

The little sister is annoying though, as much as this series' fanbase, but I can try to get used to the former.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 2, 2013 1:21 PM

Nov 2009
I thought it was pretty bland but then I've not read the source material.

I'll wait and see but this episode struck me as a bit meh all in.
Apr 2, 2013 3:17 PM
Jun 2012
I like this episode overall, it seems like this may be a good series overall.

Just gonna wait for more episodes before I start judging the series.
Apr 2, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2010
Seems like this will be another generic harem mediocre anime. At least it has MU LA FLAGA playing the blonde masochist.
Apr 2, 2013 7:38 PM

Dec 2012
Bad... just bad.
Apr 3, 2013 3:23 AM

May 2008
WTF LOL OMG, i dont know if i should laugh or just sit here confused

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 3, 2013 8:08 AM
Oct 2010
greenmush said:
WTF LOL OMG, i dont know if i should laugh or just sit here confused
I thought it was a comedy (maybe even a parody).

If that's not the case, then I guess I'm as confused as you are.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 3, 2013 9:59 AM

Feb 2013
I don't think it's great and all but not bad as well...
anyway series has just started so i will be watching few more episodes before forming a solid opinion.
Apr 3, 2013 10:18 AM
Oct 2009
The artwork on this show was pretty good, and the voice acting was decent. However I honestly was not sure why I was supposed to appreciate any of the characters.

Main character seems to be a bland boring and too friendly for his own good harem protagonist. Yeah, these typically don't amount to anything.

Aside from a twist in which his younger sister turned out to be some commander of some secret organization, I also failed to find any reason to be interested in the female cast. Outside of the interesting VAs chosen for them.
Apr 3, 2013 12:04 PM

Jun 2012
A2ZOMG said:

Aside from a twist in which his younger sister turned out to be some commander of some secret organization

HER RIBBONS.
Just see the color of her ribbons..
Apr 4, 2013 4:38 AM

Aug 2010
Not sure what to think of it for now. But I guess it's good enough for me to give it two more episodes as least.

Also, I'd like to see more battle scenes, preferably not in preair-quality
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2013

322 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 18, 2013

190 by Hououin_Kyouma32 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

3 by IceCreamScene »»
Apr 21, 11:56 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

284 by lordben69 »»
Apr 18, 12:10 PM

Poll: » Date A Live Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

150 by Jonas-K »»
Apr 11, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.