Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 30, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow series is over. Time sure went by fast.

LOL, even in this finale, Kiyotaka still gets time with the girls and Ricca. *sits on lap* Well, I will miss this series somewhat but not too much. Oh and Sakura looks nice with her hair down imo. The girl at the end of this finale also seemed kinda interesting. However, this finale was a bit lackluster imo.
Mar 30, 2013 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
What I am looking forward is the DC III P2 which most probably releasing next year.
Hoping for a second season? I am not sure about that. I am not that type of person who enjoys Fanservice. And Previous DC anime series doesn't contain that much. Overall, not bad.. I enjoyed it from around ep 11 onwards.
Mar 30, 2013 1:30 PM

Feb 2008
Well, I don't know about that but I want OVA for the past life when Kiyotaka entering magic school, in the visual novel I actually found it's interesting but can't say much there will be a Da Capo.

I'm not really sure about a 2nd season for Da Capo III, it doesn't seem like it's better than Da Capo II.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 30, 2013 4:40 PM

Jan 2013
Ricca :3
Mar 30, 2013 5:07 PM

Sep 2008
we'll probably get another season, like with the ther da capos, and as far as this one went, i liked a lot, it had this coffy feeling from start to end, and i liked a lot even if was much less serious than the other dacapos

rikka on lap, cuteness overload

im going to miss the "fuketsu desu!" XD

stupid harem main characters,at least hoose the "shuraba" ending XD

9/10 for me
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 1, 2013 12:07 PM

Dec 2012
Dammit it ended like most typical harems! I hope there will be a second season, which is highly likely though I'm not sure how they would continue the story line. Nevertheless, it was a good run and I hope to see more c:

8/10
Apr 1, 2013 12:39 PM

Sep 2009
The weakest season out where but I still want S2 cause they left the best part.
Apr 1, 2013 12:39 PM

Nov 2012
Other than cute girls with bouncy breasts, this show had nothing going for it in my opinion. It MIGHT have been a little better if they would have pursued the contest with the other newspaper club and really did some investigating on the Sakura and the characters of the past Da Capos, but there was next to no development on that other than Kiyotaka going to the detective agency the one time.

And of course Kiyotaka was your typical boring harem MC who can never choose from the large group of girls who adore him for whatever reason. Yawn, that never gets old does it?

3/10 season if for nothing more than big boobs.
Apr 1, 2013 1:13 PM

Nov 2009
Fabulous Episode!!!

Art: 9.5/10
Story: 9/10
Characters: 9/10
Music: 9/10
Overall Rating: 9/10

This episode had a lot of great scenes especially with Ricca:

Overall this season was very enjoyable and entertaining with a fresh set of new characters slightly different to the style of the previous seasons of Da Capo. This season was also more peaceful and slightly serious towards the end which made it quite interesting in my opinion. It ended right when the London Arc sets in making it likely for a sequel to happen. I'm looking forward to play the visual novel when the translation finishes and also will be looking out for a potential second season!!

Episode Rating: 5/5

NOW WHO DO YOU CHOOSE DOUSHI KIYOTAKA-KUN?!

ShiroiKishi-Apr 1, 2013 1:16 PM

Apr 1, 2013 1:42 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was a little bit of an anticlimax. I actually felt a lot more emotion in episode 12 when Sakura said goodbye. I also would probably have been happier if he simply chose Ricca since it seemed like we were seeing a good end route for her. Lacklustre final episode took down the series rating from a 9 to an 8 and I'm undecided about whether I want a repeat, but I probably would end up watching it for the (ahem) plot.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 1, 2013 1:46 PM
Dec 2012
Well, it wasn't the worst thing I watched this is season, that honor goes to Amnesia, but it was still very disappointing. Felt like more of an add for the upcoming release of the adult version of the game more than anything. The only reason I hung on so long was because I really liked the previous 4 seasons. oh well. giving this a 5 and moving on. Oh, there is something i never figured out, where they in high school or middle school?
GetchmanApr 1, 2013 2:06 PM
Apr 1, 2013 2:19 PM

Jan 2013
Theres still a possibility of a second season i guess, judging from the ending scene.
Apr 1, 2013 2:56 PM

May 2008
Anyone care to explain exactly what Sakura was talking about when they all meet up near the cherry blossom tree? I vaguely remember the last four seasons, and I was a bit lost when she started explaining why they are so nostalgic.
Apr 1, 2013 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
This has to be the oddest Da Capo Season out of the other 4 but it’s odd in a good way I guess. I’m giving it a 10/10 because I like Fan Service/Ecchi/Harem's. Plus the OP was well done as well.

It kind of feels like Rikka won at the end. Well I’m hoping for a Da Capo III Second Season Anyways.
Apr 1, 2013 5:34 PM

Nov 2010
niaxato said:
Other than cute girls with bouncy breasts, this show had nothing going for it in my opinion...And of course Kiyotaka was your typical boring harem MC who can never choose from the large group of girls who adore him for whatever reason. Yawn, that never gets old does it?

This.

I mean, at the very least they should have made him choose a girl.
Apr 1, 2013 5:37 PM

Dec 2007
It was ok but there really wasn't enough Suginami in this season. He's always been the best thing in the Da Capo series.
Apr 1, 2013 8:15 PM
Jan 2010
If we look at the history there should be a season 2. The story left room for a second season while closing one loop.

Honestly liked the season although they went fanShot a little too much for nothing, but hey if it sells. Well looking forward to season 2 or OVA's if they arrive or it was a good 5 season long show.
Apr 1, 2013 8:32 PM

Feb 2013
Mikenzb said:

It kind of feels like Rikka won at the end. Well I’m hoping for a Da Capo III Second Season Anyways.

Is it safe to assume Rikka won?
~ El Psy Congroo~

Apr 1, 2013 8:57 PM

Jan 2011
One of the worst of the season didn't even like most of the girls and ones i did barely got any screen-time

And like that person stated ^ besides the constant close ups of bouncing boobs this was just another typical harem with a boring mc with a hint of magic on the side.
Apr 2, 2013 12:42 AM
Sep 2012
Meh episode. I was hoping for more stuff to happen in this episode since it is the finale, but nothing really did happen. This episode felt more like an OVA than a finale. The situation on the roof, with all the girls forcing him to choose, was funny. Sakura returning as a grown woman was also pretty nice. I can see that out of all the girls to choose from - Sakura would be his one choice. LOL

I feel that this is the weakest Da Capo season of them all. I really do hope that things change for the better in season 2, like it did in Da Capo II season 2 - my favorite Da Capo season of them all. 4/10
Apr 2, 2013 1:07 AM

Aug 2008
enviKwu said:
Dammit it ended like most typical harems! I hope there will be a second season, which is highly likely though I'm not sure how they would continue the story line. Nevertheless, it was a good run and I hope to see more c:

8/10

I don't mind it. I love harems.

So this and the previous seasons are connected? A shame I probably never will watch them. Too lazy...
Apr 2, 2013 1:49 AM
Jun 2011
so from the end of the episode after the credits it seems ricca won the main character after all
Apr 2, 2013 4:47 AM

Aug 2012
I'm hopping that in Da Capo III Season II we will see if Rikka wins.
Apr 2, 2013 7:10 AM

Mar 2010
This was even weaker than DC II's first season. Easily the most stretched out prologue of ANYTHING I have ever seen or watched.

Hopefully, DC III SS will end up like DC II SS = get right to the story of the game's Da Capo route.

Kazamidori/Weather Vane, here we come.

Genix said:
enviKwu said:

8/10

I don't mind it. I love harems.

So this and the previous seasons are connected? A shame I probably never will watch them. Too lazy...

Yep. Da Capo III is both a sequel and a prequel to, well, everything.
Apr 2, 2013 11:56 AM
May 2012
Well!!!well!well!just because they have large budget,doesn't mean they can to do whatever they want!wow!what a finale!made no sense in a bit!
ohhh!i will watch even though it sucks, because i like this type of anime!
Art:10
story:5
character:8
sound:8
entertainment:6
overall:6
Apr 2, 2013 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Krissirk said:
Mikenzb said:

Yup.
Apr 2, 2013 3:57 PM

Jan 2013
Mikenzb said:
Krissirk said:
Mikenzb said:

Yup.

yeah, sakura is the proof :)
Apr 3, 2013 2:43 AM

Jul 2010
Did anyone realize the girl next to Kousuke in Da Capo III Episode 13?
And know her?

Apr 3, 2013 2:51 AM

Jan 2010
Nachtwandler_21 said:
The weakest season out where but I still want S2 cause they left the best part.

Agreed
Apr 3, 2013 6:56 AM

May 2010
Omnime said:
Did anyone realize the girl next to Kousuke in Da Capo III Episode 13?
And know her?

Nice catch! Didn't notice her. It's Mahiru Takanashi, character from Plus edition of Da Capo II. Here you have all girls of that harem.

Anyway. It was bad... Reeeaaallly bad. For me it's the worst Da Capo series, not counting the first season. That harem was HORRIBLE, last time I've seen this kind of horny girls, was when I was watching School Days. Seriously, this anime needs Kotonoha to kill all of them, I really wish it would happen. Main lead is just... Jeez. I love how at the end he picked harem ending for himself, because he wanted to have every single one only for himself, sorry, didn't want to HURT any of them. What a wuss.

Biggest plus of this series was obviously Sakura-chan, just as loveavle as always <3 Finally got to see her older version! Besides of that I liked the ending songs (but WTF was with the opening?! My eyes and ears... They should have just stick to Yozuca), and that Mikoto girl, she was kinda cute, needs her own route.
Rest girls of the harem were just so annoying, couldn't stand all of them. It's nice that finally Nemu's clone didn't get laid, at least.

Overall my rating for this series is 5/10, and it's only third series I've gave a rate this low. I guess that if there is a second season I will still watch it, I mean second season of D.C. was better, and second season of D.C. II was better as well, so who knows... Maybe it'll become something more, than just a moe, fanservice shit.
Apr 3, 2013 9:07 AM

Dec 2010
I wonder if it's because of the change in studio that the adaptation is affected.

My favorite Da Capo franchise is the original Da Capo because there was a lot of attention to the plot and character development. Da Capo II also showed this but not as much as the original Da Capo. Now Da Capo III completely lost the plot and character development part. It focused on the fan service which is not important in the Da Capo franchise. From the start of the anime until the end, the plot is still a mystery and there is little- no character development at all. The characters more specifically the heroines all loves Kiyotaka from episode 1 all the way until 13 with no background story as to why they even fell in love with him in the first place.

This is seriously the worst franchise ever. Or actually the only bad franchise in the Da Capo franchise.

If they are going to make a Da Capo III SS, I hope it focuses on the plot and background of the heroines because that is the most important part skipped out in Da Capo III.
Apr 3, 2013 12:14 PM

Oct 2012
i liked the use of the male gaze trope, 10/10.

^ Why isn't this updating...
Apr 4, 2013 5:44 AM

Mar 2012
And once again this series comes to and end, it repeats over and over like da capo
Apr 4, 2013 1:32 PM

Dec 2011
Haha. That question is the toughest on harem main leads.
Might watch the old Da Capo series now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 9:18 AM
Sep 2012
booyah10 said:
I wonder if it's because of the change in studio that the adaptation is affected.

My favorite Da Capo franchise is the original Da Capo because there was a lot of attention to the plot and character development. Da Capo II also showed this but not as much as the original Da Capo. Now Da Capo III completely lost the plot and character development part. It focused on the fan service which is not important in the Da Capo franchise. From the start of the anime until the end, the plot is still a mystery and there is little- no character development at all. The characters more specifically the heroines all loves Kiyotaka from episode 1 all the way until 13 with no background story as to why they even fell in love with him in the first place.

This is seriously the worst franchise ever. Or actually the only bad franchise in the Da Capo franchise.

If they are going to make a Da Capo III SS, I hope it focuses on the plot and background of the heroines because that is the most important part skipped out in Da Capo III.

the main storyline was in the magic school (past life) arc(the story that the older(original) sakura is going to tell in DC III SS) the present time is mostly intermission
Apr 5, 2013 9:28 PM

Mar 2013
~Hoping for another season :)
In my opinion, it's just off/awkward for it to end it as a harem ending, I had hoped he at least chose Ricca
Surprisingly, I enjoyed this season that it surpassed my expectations of this series
8/10 :)
Apr 6, 2013 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
I think all of the girls won Kiyotaka's heart. Maybe there's some kind of time loop that makes Kiyotaka able to 'replay' his life, and so he beat all of the five heroines' route, which explains the term 'da capo'.

Then in the end when the 'storytelling' by Sakura is finished, the five girls end up asking who Kiyotaka liked (like how they did last time) the most in the past life.
Apr 8, 2013 7:51 PM

Jan 2012
Sakura blossoms on the river, eyes, above the 2nd floor roof tops... EVERYWHERE!

At least the other Da Capo's main hero actually dated some1. Taka actually said the forbidden words of an eroge. Give this guy a bad end. Two girls only stood out because of their Grade A Zettai Ryouiki. Rikka is a ribbon overkill and Sara had a fitting seiyuu.

Its more of fan service with those awkwardly changing closeup frames than a romance like the past Da Capos.

Hag loli out of 10.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Apr 11, 2013 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
I actually liked this series a lot, well mainly because I love the atmosphere which is pretty much the reason why I love Da Capo.

However I disliked the excessive fanservice present throuhout the series as it was unneeded to bring out the charm of Da Capo. I agree this season is the weakest among the 3 and it probably won't get another season because this season is pretty much already low on budget from what I can tell from the animation quality. And it didn't really feel like a first season of a Da Capo season to me.

Adult Sakura with her hair let down is so beautiful!

Rikka was so cute sitting on Kiyotaka's lap. Rika best girl ftw.

Still think Yozuca should have sang the OP of the show even though I like The current OP. Though we do a get awesome ED, "Aitai yo", for it by Yozuca.

If there isn't a second season then I guessed I have to wait for a translation of the game or study Japanese then cause I really want to find out the mystery of how this season links to the previous Da Capo series.

Overall I love the show due to the atmosphere so I'm gonna give it 10/10
ArcanaTraceApr 13, 2013 1:30 PM
Apr 18, 2013 7:26 AM
Dec 2010
Overall
I have to admit i was sceptic about 3rd (5th) sequel. And yes my worries were fullfilled in first few episodes maybe half of the show. Instead if "boing" part i would prefer the "how MC met girls and why they felt in love with him" part.
With the Sakura getting on scene and more flashbacks and hints pointing to prequels it became much better and at the end we even got nice for some slightly confusing ending (for those who haven't seen prequels especially i guess).

I gave it 8/10

sorhan777 said:
Mikenzb said:
Krissirk said:
Mikenzb said:

Yup.

From what understood> Yes and no... She won him in past in their previous lives when she later became Yoshino oba-chan (Sakura's granma).
But this time she herself said that what was in past doesn't matter, important is present (future)
So i guess this was image from past and not future, even Sakura didn't seem to know two of them and if Sakura got reborn two of them would be much older.

Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyApr 18, 2013 7:37 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Apr 26, 2013 9:22 PM

Nov 2007
ouch my head...anything involving timelines jumbles my head...I totally don't know if Ricca is actually some totally old lady that looks like a teen or that really is some reincarnate of Ricca that knows what happened too her with all of the magic and love and stuff...oy...

As for whoever won Kiyotaka's heart, I always approve of the "everyone wins" route, just means 5/6 or more in bed.

And since every other anime had a second season I hope this one has one too.

Huzzah for booby girls.
Apr 30, 2013 7:49 PM

Jun 2012
well in the end the Da Capo feeling came back again and over all not a bad anime anyway. only when you bothered by harem you would dislike this season and the fan service was not needed. but it doesn't bother me.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Aug 26, 2013 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
loved it..

I scored 9/10

hope for another season..

I`m a Da Capo fan!! desu yo~

(~_~)
"Google is your friend.."
Aug 26, 2013 2:14 AM

Jul 2013
Mikenzb said:
This has to be the oddest Da Capo Season out of the other 4 but it’s odd in a good way I guess. I’m giving it a 10/10 because I like Fan Service/Ecchi/Harem's. Plus the OP was well done as well.

I just assume that she won..
"Google is your friend.."
Jan 6, 2014 10:51 PM

Dec 2013
So after playing the Da Capo II Visual Novel..... I kinda pieced out the end scene of Da Capo III, and how it is related to the thingy majiggy ending of Sakura's arc in the VN. Kinda. Her behavior throughout DC III was all no memory of things blah blah blah, but due to saving the protagonist of DC II she sacrificed her memory and stuff. And the epilogue of Sakura's arc is basically the same as when Ricca Greenwood and Kiyotaka something (Their last names are different compared to their Kazami counterparts since they're in London in some past life) talk to Sakura holding the twig. And this is where the Da Capo part comes in (I think). Since Da Capo III is only 20 years after the events of Da Capo III, it seems a little off for Rikka and Kiyotaka to be married I believe two generations before, when their ancestors met Sakura twenty years in the past. Just my thoughts... I have no clue if this makes sense, and I apologize for any headaches that occur from trying to read and understand this.
Mori Summer would tell me use love, but Nibutani would just curse me to death.
Apr 5, 2014 6:31 AM
Apr 2014
sorhan777 said:
Mikenzb said:
Krissirk said:
Mikenzb said:

Yup.

Anyone that plays the VN knows that is not true though....
Jun 27, 2014 2:43 AM
Mar 2011
The way that I pieced it together (having never played any of the visual novels) is that Rikka and Kiyotaka are actually Sakura's grandparents in the original timeline. Rikka was grandma Yoshino, who was considered one of the most powerful mages, and is also the one who planted the tree. Her surname became Yoshino because she married Kiyotaka. Kiyotaka passed away before meeting Sakura, however, Grandma Yoshino was still alive to take care of her. Ruru-nee is also the grandma of Aisia, who was said to be good friends with grandma Yoshino. Which would validate Aisia's sudden appearance in DC SS.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I'm pretty satisfied with this interpretation and it made this season much more worthwhile than it might've been otherwise. Anythings possible in Da Capo though, tbh, because of its "Da Capo/magic" theme.
Jun 28, 2014 7:27 AM
Jun 2014
OK LOOK GUYS. Firstly im really damn frustrated cause kiyotaka doesnt confess to anyone. thts really a spoiler in the last episode left me hanging. Anyways my main point. So in this anime we see tht is the past life, ricca and kiyotaka are 'together' i suppose. In this anime in the earlier episodes, we see the couple ricca and kiyotaka planting a sakura tree and as they get older , we see sakura chan and onee chan. Thats where im so frustrated about. IF sakura and onee chan were not ricca and kiyotaka, why is the current sakura adressing kiyotaka as onee chan. WHEN CLEARLY HE IS NOT THE ONEE CHAN FROM THE PAST. if anything, ricca and kiyotaka seem to match but sakura and kiyotaka? whats the deal with that. that leaves me with this actual question. WHO THE HELL IS ONEE CHAN. it cant be kiyotaka im sure. gosh im so damn confused right now.
Jun 30, 2014 4:22 AM
Mar 2011
AmienJusri said:
WHO THE HELL IS ONEE CHAN. it cant be kiyotaka im sure. gosh im so damn confused right now.

Ok, I think you're being confused by the "onii-chans" because there's actually two different ones. The original "onii-chan," and the one that Sakura truly wants to be with and was with during childhood (during that scene as well) is the protag from the first Da Capo series, Asakura Junichi.
She was calling Kiyotaka "onii-chan" simply because that's how she addresses older guys that she takes a liking to I suppose...not to mention she didn't have any memories of her past when she first met Kiyotaka in the DC III series.
So yeah, basically, the "onii-chan" that she was playing around with in that weird flashback scene was Junichi. Ricca and Kiyotaka weren't childhood friends like that, to my knowledge, so the only Ricca and Kiyotaka scenes we see were when they were teenagers/grew older together.
Jan 15, 2015 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
A final cute, I have nothing to add.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2013

28 by AdityaRizkiS »»
May 9, 2023 1:45 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 9:17 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 8:43 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2013

36 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 7:47 PM

Poll: » Da Capo III Episode 9 Discussion

symbv - Mar 2, 2013

23 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 14, 2022 7:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.