Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Apr 17, 2013 2:41 AM

Apr 2011
Where's the KISS dammit!

If those two love birds kissed at the end I would have given this series a 10!
Apr 26, 2013 6:37 AM

Sep 2011
161 said:
Best moment

Was hoping someone would post his. :D
Apr 27, 2013 8:38 PM

Feb 2013
Misiakk said:
Meh

Exactly.

I was watching this because this anime is in the recommendations section on Hataraku Maou-sama page. I guess I will watch another great story involving "Maou" and "Yuusha" just like Hataraku. But meh. Strangely, I managed not to drop it and watch it til the end. Overall, 5/10
May 5, 2013 7:20 AM

Jan 2012
if this doesn't get a second season then i will have to drop it from a 7 it just felt like they were teeing up for a second! just hope they follow through! other than that it was okay i liked the characters and music, the pacing was good despite it being only 12 episodes and i liked the whole tactical side of the war and such! even though it wasn't exactly acttion packed and quite hefty on dialouge at times i rate it a seven!
May 8, 2013 8:35 PM

Jun 2008
I had optimism for a thrilling conclusion around episode 9, then 10 happened and I was like "Well it's just setting the table for exciting stuff in the last 2 episodes", then I watched episode 11 and went "That was good, hopefully this momentum continues into the last episode", and finally I watched episode 12 and my reaction was "okay that was so average they've put a picture of Yuusha and Mayou in the dictionary next to the definition of average."

I liked it all told, but at the end of the day the show was average despite having the potential for great things. Maybe a season 2, if it happens, would get it right.
May 16, 2013 7:17 AM
Jul 2010
DaTrip said:

WHYY WHYY?? THEY NEVER KISSED, THERE WAS NO ROMANCE!!! WHY WOULD YOU CREATE ANIME WITH SUPER OP HERO AND SEXY GIRL WITHOUT KISS IN THE END??

I'm actually glad there's no hardcore romance or here. The connection between hero & demon king(queen) always consistent and even at this last episode, I see the hero belong to demon king or otherwise is more about contract between them rather than romance. It's quite pleasant to watch and I'm quite glad it's not ending as hero marrying demon king, this show need season 2.

More phylosophical & historical, I kinda like this one. A different non-mainstream shonen view of war, dealing things in diplomatic rather than anarchistic in right way without being too idealistic or pacifist oriented.
Couldn't care too much abut the "open-for-2nd-season" ending, all I care is the overall content and the message or phylosophy it want to convey. 8.5/10
HyoukamiMay 16, 2013 7:21 AM
May 18, 2013 12:58 AM

Dec 2008
I highly enjoyed the series. IT seemed to me that this show succeeded where spice and wolf was lackluster. BUt its a show about economics really so you get some intrigue, theres hints of sex and jokes, but al lthat aside still an enjoyable watch. The ending could have been much better; unless of course tis a cliffhanger for a second season, in which case all is forgiven. 7.6/10
May 20, 2013 2:06 AM

Nov 2008
This first season served as a nice introduction to this series. I hope that they make season 2 soon. Otherwise I might take up the light novel.

Overall it was a nice ride, although I would have wished a little more action. 8/10
May 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Feb 2012
Seems like the series could've been better flushed out and could've used some better pacing. Still an enjoyable series.
May 24, 2013 2:42 PM

May 2012
Quite decent ending I liked it up until now a lot actually, especially the characters, what I did lacked was a proper relation/love development between the characters but other than that some epic fights, speeches and development in general. In the end a quite decent anime I've got to say!
May 27, 2013 12:57 AM

Dec 2012
I liked this series but it could of been sooo much better. I'm a big fan of spice and wolf so in a way this is my preferred anime but the storyline just didn't do it for me. Hopefully a second season comes out :)
Jun 10, 2013 3:10 AM
Jul 2018

EHHHHHHH?! THAT'S IT?! BOOO.
THE ROMANCE FADED.
Jun 21, 2013 9:32 PM
Feb 2009
wtf was that completely ruined the whole series and didn't even explained what happened to the "gun" invention .............................................
Jun 30, 2013 5:15 PM

Sep 2012
wasnt the best, but i still enjoyed it.
The War and small battle between Yuusha and Mao was very appeasing
Jul 6, 2013 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
I really really really REALLY! Hope this anime never gets a season 2.

So much disappointment in this series. So many lost chances, so much terrible execution. Such awful plot progression and shallow, convenient characters.

How DARE people put this on the level of Spice and Wolf, it's an insult pure and simple.
Jul 23, 2013 2:41 PM
Jul 2013
The ending wasn't really an ending, and I couldn't really understand the fundamental premise of the show with the war between demons and humans helping both sides overall. The romance didn't make much sense either. It was intense and close in the beginning, and then nothing happened after that. I have to complain though how nonsensical it is for someone like Hero can have so much killing intent in the beginning suddenly stopped because he saw a pair of balloons instead of a pair of balls, and then to become allies with Maou too. I know she's not bad, but Yuusha's sudden change of perspective in the beginning of the show just doesn't make any sense.
Jul 25, 2013 10:22 AM

Nov 2007
This has so much potential for a 2nd season since there's so much that's left over. like after the awesome episode 9 speech, who was that king with the 9 problem. The kiss the never happened, and the merchant's big plans. As well as the other evil king's plans. So much left over.
Aug 16, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2013
So boring, yet so fun. I think they should of just drop the Demon and magic BS and make an actual historical anime. xD It felt kind of weird seeing the Hero with all that power all of a sudden really. I mean, did they give an explanation as to why he`s so OP or are we just supposed to believe that he was born that way? Not sure.

Overall its boring as FUCK, but entertaining at the same time. The comedic parts were also funny. =)

7.5/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 16, 2013 4:17 PM

Apr 2013
7.5/10. Agree with MrRazzle. This anime needed more action, like battles.
Sep 2, 2013 10:30 PM

Nov 2012
Chaotic like a hell it's like Ookami to Koushinryou mixed with Hataraku Maou-sama!.
I enjoyed art.

so 6.4/10.
Sep 10, 2013 7:45 AM

Nov 2007
I love it. :)
10/10 ..
Though the last episode is weak, i still enjoyed the series.
hoping for second season..
Sep 11, 2013 4:00 AM

Sep 2013
I thought it was a very interesting series overall, even though it can get a bit convoluted at times. Regardless, I hope they continue the series to further continue developing the characters and answers any hanging questions. :)

One thing I kind of don't understand; why exactly does the demon king cry at the end? and who exactly was the head maid referring to when she said " I'm glad you met" ?
"You and your third dimension"
Sep 11, 2013 5:34 AM

Sep 2013
mushroomlight34 said:
I thought it was a very interesting series overall, even though it can get a bit convoluted at times. Regardless, I hope they continue the series to further continue developing the characters and answers any hanging questions. :)

One thing I kind of don't understand; why exactly does the demon king cry at the end? and who exactly was the head maid referring to when she said " I'm glad you met" ?

on a side note: how old is the Demon king? and how old is the Hero? just wondering :)
"You and your third dimension"
Sep 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Sep 2012
Good anime overall, I really enojyed it.
Didn't liked the end because it didn't feel like a conclusion at all, just the opposite.
I really hope this get a 2nd season. There are a lot of questions that need to be answered.

8/10
Sep 22, 2013 1:21 PM
Jul 2010
mushroomlight34 said:
and who exactly was the head maid referring to when she said " I'm glad you met" ?

Well... Yuusha? That seemed quite obvious to me.
Sep 27, 2013 1:24 AM
May 2013
Nothing special about this ending, I hope this get a 2nd season maybe it will be better than this.
I liked this anime because it was different from what I've expected. (I wanted more romance dammit)
Sep 30, 2013 5:55 PM

Jun 2012
I liked this anime a lot, but I didn't like the ending nor the pacing. I liked the characters.
Oct 13, 2013 10:17 PM

Jun 2012
Not bad, I thought this was going to be crazy good when I saw the first episode. The Hero kinda started pissing me off a bit later in the series, idk why.

6/10
Oct 15, 2013 4:58 AM

Jan 2012
was gonna drop after couple of eps b/c it seems like it's gonna be one of those mindless ecchi-ish anime with crap plot, but kinda glad I didn't.

The politics/economy aspect is what kept me going...

oh and Onna Mahoutsukai = win

7/10 - would watch 2nd season
Nov 1, 2013 5:26 AM
Nov 2013
WrathSC said:
worst anime i watched this season

considering this anime's story is an 8/10 at least
and guiltypleasurecrown was a 4/10 at best,

i dont see how you expect anyone to take you seriously with that profile pic lmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmaolmao
Nov 28, 2013 5:50 PM
Nov 2013
Maou Yuusha was neither a glorious anime nor a terrible anime. I found it a lot like Spice and Wolf if the romance in Spice and Wolf were to be limited to every few episodes. It came across as watered down. Not even the love triangle was shown with the emotion it deserved... This means the whole show failed at keeping me on the edge of my seat screaming "Just hold her hand you dolt!" That said though, it has a lot of potential for a second season if you were to call season one the slow introduction to characters and their emotions. It just did a weak job of cementing some things that could have been a lot better. That said, I feel like it would be fair to assume the manga would be much better, I've just never gotten around to reading it. I want answers to things like "Why was that blue demon king seeing the serf girl disguised as Maou? And why did he think it had relevance to the person who would rule the world? How are the guns going to be used? How will the war come to an end?

I'd give it a 7.5 // 10 (at it's best.)

I'd really like to see a season 2, though. If the questions can be answered, and the romance blossom a little, I'd be more than happy giving this anime a higher score. I'd really like to see how they would approach a season 2. For now, though, and seeing as the anniversary of it's release is coming up with no talk of a season 2 in the foreseeable future -- I'm not holding onto much hope.
Dec 26, 2013 12:57 AM

Oct 2013
Great finale, but no kissu scene >.< , i wonder who will the Yuusha end up with, either Maou or Onna Kishi, i love both of them, great characters personality and development throughout the episodes, and the story line is amazing eventhough it was a little bit confusing at first, wouldn't mind for a second season, in fact there must be a second season !

overall score 8/10, would give it 9/10 if there was a kiss scene.
Jan 11, 2014 10:22 PM

Mar 2013
I agree with ToshiroChan. It really needs a kissing scene.
The whole series felt rushed in the anime.
I hope there will be more to come. Great series.
Jan 21, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
DeAnimation said:
The whole series felt rushed in the anime.

Friggin this. I actually thought I missed some episodes because of how rushed it was. Though it was a fun anime and I look forward to a season 2.
Feb 7, 2014 7:55 PM
Aug 2012
it ended without a lot of the conflict being resolved, but i'm okay with that. the series seemed to have a deep appreciation for the reality of things like war, poverty, and prejudice, and those things don't go away (at least not entirely or right away). So it was fine for me that the series didn't tied cute little bow on the end there because it just would not have jived.

it was also cool that those characters (the students) got weaved back into the story and played some cool parts.

but yo...I WISH WE ENDED WITH SOME KISSY KISSY OR SOMETHING WITH THE HERO AND THE DEMON KING LIKE CMON!!
Feb 27, 2014 6:11 PM

Aug 2011
One of the most boring anime I've seen in my life.

» Escapism.

Mar 15, 2014 7:36 PM

Aug 2010
Wow the direction of this anime is one that I didnt expect and I suppose is novel, so I'll give credits for that. But, there's so many unexplained stuff and characters, I felt confused at times.

I really like the initial idea, but I feel like the other side stories could've developed further, which could've make this a stronger series.

Actually I felt like I was reading a chapter on Europe from my history book as I was watching this series lol
blue-yMar 15, 2014 7:41 PM
Mar 23, 2014 12:09 PM

Jun 2012
Loved this series and hoping for a second season very much.

Cannot deny the fact that there were flaws, subplots lacked development, it felt rushed. Also, there was a blatant lack of kissing scene. But well, what I saw was really enjoyable to me during the whole series. Because of that, I'll give this a 8 out of 10.
Mar 28, 2014 11:12 PM

Aug 2008
I enjoyed it. Not the best, but then again.... I'm almost running out of shows that suit my tastes, so w/e.

I'm actually trying to find out if I can watch the last ep without the music and hear what was being said at that table. Haha.
Apr 8, 2014 4:15 PM
Sep 2013
i just finished it and i loved the anime ^^ also loved this episode but for an ending i give it a big fat 0/10 i mean da fck it end with the churtch wanting to kill the demon kinig and the "war" is still going...
also wath about the demon kingdom ? xD last thing theye said there was " finaly a war with the humans, this time we'll win" and next scene is that the DK is back at her dest...
hope it gets an season 2 NO it MUST get one because this was as incomplait as the anime claymore xD
Apr 14, 2014 7:12 AM
Mar 2014
i want to see season 2 the ending was like a To be Continue... ?
Apr 14, 2014 6:38 PM

Sep 2011
dropped on 3 episode
May 24, 2014 9:29 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting series but I would like to see something else. I don't know, what exactly it would be. Economy's threads was fine. It's rather unusual to see it in anime.
2 season - where are you? Questions from Maoyuu Maou Yuusha need answers.
I don't like the terms "good person" or "bad person" because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone.
To some, you are a good person, while to others, you are a bad person. ~Armin (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Jun 2, 2014 12:06 AM

Sep 2010
Such.. a bad.. ending..

This whole series was basically a let down. At first I was excited, cute medieval romance between a hero and a demon lord. But nope. There was this side plot and that one oh and this one too and oh don't forget about that one. There was just always so much going on, I'm not even exactly sure what I just spent my whole day watching.
Not to mention the how both MCs would be separated for large amounts of time for no reason, which basically destroyed the romance aspect of this anime. Aghh I'm just so disappointed..

Really a huge waste of time. Especially an ending like there, where nothing seemed to get solved except one bad dude dying and no one caring about it. Awesome.
Jun 7, 2014 1:44 AM

Jan 2012
I can't say that I hated it... but that ending, if that's what you could really call it.. Its sad but, the best moment of the whole series isn't done by the main characters, it done by that surf chick. When she is in her shackles and giving the human vs insect speech, that made it worth watching this series. It was an amazing speech. But the rest of it? I'm not sure what it wanted to be or what it was trying to do. Was it a story about war and politics and corruption? Was it about being enslaved and trying to be free? Was it about two chicks fighting over one man for love? Was it about trying to make the world a better place? Was it about war between mankind and demons or humans and humans? Was it about trying to fight the fate that was given to you and being a better person? Action fantasy medieval piece? idk. It touch on soo many topics and never really resolved anything to my satisfactory. Maybe it should have never been crammed into only 12 episodes. It could have been very good, it had a great start and a great middle... but it gets to the end and you're left asking "what was the conclusion?", "What was the climax?". Because it didn't really do anything and petered out with out anything being tied up, I have to give this series a low score. At least with some of those series that you Hate the ending to, it was a real ending; not like this. I'm pretty disappointed.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2014 1:07 AM

Dec 2008
rewatched it at least twice, yet I have never given a shoe such a high score that left me wanting more only not to satisfy my desire. Truly a complex and yet simply enough to understand and enjoy show. 8.5/10
Jul 22, 2014 5:13 AM
Jul 2014
Just finished it and I enjoyed it, needs a second season though.

I felt like the scale of what was going on in it needed more time/episodes to increase immersion a little and explain more about it, also maybe it could do with a touch more action in it. Characters and their history/abilities/etc weren't explained but as far as I'm concerned that doesn't really matter because well... its an anime, maybe to some people it would.

Overall though, it was fun to watch and kept me interested even though I normally don't like romance type anime. In fact I wouldn't even call it a romance anime as that aspect of it, even being a major plot point initially, took a back seat to everything else that developed in it. Its a shame that I felt like it really just started getting good at the end and then left that part of the story untold, I would be interested to watch what happens next. So many anime that could potentially be great, epic stories do this unfortunately.

I don't really read books for fun so I hope they continue the series.
chzr7Jul 22, 2014 5:24 AM
Aug 5, 2014 1:30 AM

Sep 2013
Well that was a bit anti-climatic. I really hope they make a second season, I didnt feel any sense of closure.

Overall I liked this anime even though the pacing is really bad and I didnt liked that the characters didnt have names. 7.5/10
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 26, 2014 10:25 AM

Sep 2014
Overall I loved it! Although with this ending it is kind of in need of a second season. I always hope for a last episode kiss, but that didn't happen. I really enjoyed the art work, and most of all the magic graphics! Bad ass thunderbolt, and teleportation spells.

This was one of the first animes that i have watched that was really fast paced. I think more than 3-4 years passed? or somewhere around there. In some animes that would take close to 400+ episodes.

I was also hoping to see the hero in a super intense combat scene, but I can already tell that he is far more powerful than anyone in the series. Considering that once someone becomes demon king, the receive demon king combat abilities which is essential to be on par with the hero, so I guess that is how i came to the conclusion of him being that powerful...

I would of loved to see him in a fight tho.
Dec 26, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2008
i loved it 10/10 wish they had budget for more season or fighting scenes
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM

» End Credits Visual Illustration

AsteriskWarrior1 - Dec 30, 2023

0 by AsteriskWarrior1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:11 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2013

92 by DOMBAS2001 »»
Dec 30, 2023 10:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.