Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 29, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2011
RockerXD said:
leesan said:
PG-13 - Teens 13 or older, nuff said.

The rating doesn't usually correspond to what to expect in a show :P

Depends on what you expect.

Anyway, I really liked this last episode that made me raise my vote to 7/10.
Mar 29, 2013 7:08 PM

Feb 2009
Hey, this series was my guilty pleasure. Yes, that detective arc was horrible but I enjoyed everything else. Especially Manabe's character, he was easily my favorite.

That confession... Was freaking adorable. One of the best confessions I have seen, Manabe is a truely awesome male lead. I love how he just said he loved her without a single hint of embarressment or hesitation, it was beyond sweet.
Mar 29, 2013 7:53 PM

Nov 2011
It wrapped up nicely. Sure the later part of the series isn't as good as the beginning but it can't be helped, this series isn't meant to be a real serious after all.

Mar 29, 2013 8:08 PM

Nov 2009
Started out great and began to plummet only to rise slightly for this last episode. 6/10
Mar 30, 2013 12:00 AM

Nov 2008
I didn't really enjoy the last 2 episodes so I'll give it an 8. Rushed as hell and the conclusion on the serial attack arc was disappointing.

InfiniteRyvius said:
Yes fuckers, I rated it a 3, come at me bro.
I am surprised you gave it a 3. You are very generous despite your strong inquisition.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Mar 30, 2013 9:18 AM

May 2012
another 7 I guess
Mar 30, 2013 5:29 PM

Aug 2011
Finally, more progress with Kotoura and her mother! I was overjoyed when she read her true feelings during that moment of abandonment. That was what interested me the most from the attention-grabbing first episode and it took a long time to reach it.

Perhaps there wasn't much depth to their relationship anyway but I would have liked it to be more padded out over the series. It seems like her mother just popped up randomly in her room to resolve the unanswered question. I much preferred that compared to the serial attacker arc.

Not sure what it is about the characters that look odd to me. Manabe's nose always draws my attention. Didn't really feel a bond to any of them and Manabe's fantasies quickly became annoying. OP was pretty good and the ED with the piano music was beautiful. 5/10.
Mar 30, 2013 6:47 PM

May 2011
I thought it was a big fuss about nothing in particular at the start. But it was nice that the president got some closure from her guilt. I felt really uncomfortable with Kotoura's mother again. So it was good having them er...talk again. Not that I like the way it resolved just like that. Still, better than just having it open. Decent enough series with some good moments.
Mar 30, 2013 7:12 PM

Feb 2008
Casperkid15 said:
ITT: people rating based on what the show should have been instead of what the show actually was

.. "i rated this show a 2 because i didn't get what i wanted" is what you guys are saying..

i mean just how biased can you be..
just stop, please.

sigh, i feel so bad for the people who are going to read the 3- rated reviews and get turned away from this anime even though it fits perfectly into their category. whatever

Uh, no. I gave it a 2/10 because it's absolute garbage with no redeeming qualities. At first it used to hover around a 5, but then slowly got worse and worse until the mess that was the 11th episode. It is honestly one of the worst episodes I've seen in my entire life.
Mar 30, 2013 7:25 PM

Mar 2011
DenjaX said:
I didn't really enjoy the last 2 episodes so I'll give it an 8. Rushed as hell and the conclusion on the serial attack arc was disappointing.

InfiniteRyvius said:
I am surprised you gave it a 3. You are very generous despite your strong inquisition.

One thing overwhelmingly in it's favour is "at least it tried", and the romance was done fairly well. To put it this way: if this had been a much better show, the romance would have been an issue, however given how poorly executed almost everything was, the romance was a highlight.

Had it executed some of the mill harem concept this badly it would have been a 1.
Mar 30, 2013 7:31 PM

Jan 2011
5.5/10
Mar 30, 2013 8:36 PM
Jul 2018
So close to a kiss dam it, Oh well. Good Series over all and I'm glad to see Kotoura was glad to make peace with her mother and what not with this last episode, I doubt there will be a 2nd Season with this.

Gets a 9/10 from me.
Mar 30, 2013 9:18 PM

Feb 2013
Ok!
I finally got to see the finale to Kotoura-san and I have to say that I really loved it. It was a real tearjerker and it really ended the series pretty well. I like that the president was smart enough to learn from her mistakes after the attacker fiasco and that she apologized to Kotoura. It was a really sweet scene, especially with Haruka telling her that she knew what the president had been up to the entire time.

It did seem to make her a little like a bit of a doormat though at that point, but it was still an effective scene.

I enjoyed that Kotoura finally stood up to her mother and they somehow managed to make her mother sympathetic. I can understand that being a mother is not an easy job, especially emotionally, and even though I do not support leaving your child, I think that she did what she thought was best by leaving Haruka, I just wish she hadn't been so vindictive and verbally abusive towards her. To see them beginning to repair their relationship was nice.

Manabe and Haruka finally are a real couple and I thought that ending scene was precious.

All in all, I liked the series for what it was. This journey for Haruka was sweet and adorable. It did get a little distracted at times and sometimes boring, but I do still like it. It is my second favorite show for this season and I'll give it a 9/10.
Mar 30, 2013 11:53 PM

Oct 2010
i loved this series and this episode... until the last 4 minutes with the major time skip. anyway, great show. :)
this ep: 6-7/10
overall: 8/10
Mar 31, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2008
Really liked the starting eps and was determined to give it at least an 8. However i guess things just got downhill.... 6/10 from me. Find the romance so-so but like its comedy aspect :D
Mar 31, 2013 11:33 AM
Dec 2012
I was disappointed. It was mediocre for a finale. I expected something dramatic like the finale of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Reunion scene of Kotoura and her mom was tense, but it felt forced and rushed. Overall the 1st episode was superb and outstanding.
Mar 31, 2013 12:21 PM

Oct 2012
I want some Uma merchendice!

^ Why isn't this updating...
Mar 31, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2010
I honestly still don't get why did people claimed that this was the best Anime this Winter Season in the first few episodes of it. I am confused.

The overall series was mediocre. I won't say it was bad because I finished it. I was gonna give it a 4/10 but the ending is pretty satisfying for me so overall,

5/10

I never get the people who give 1, 2, or 3 as a score in a series they finished. Because if you view it as that bad then why didn't you drop it? Personally, I will never give a score that low because I'll probably drop it anytime if its that horrible.
Mar 31, 2013 1:09 PM

Oct 2011
More of the blatant melodrama that makes me cringe... this series could've had decent potential, but every time there is drama, it's executed at the wrong time with the wrong attitude, especially when it's trying to be over-the-top funny in the same episode.
Mar 31, 2013 2:04 PM

Sep 2012
I actually really enjoy this sires the comedy romance and even all the characters were great.9/10 Great Show would highly recommend also Kotoura was when of best the characters i seen in a long time
I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world..
Mar 31, 2013 2:08 PM

Sep 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
12:

What a perfect ending to Kotoura-san, it really did everything to represent all the series. There was poor writing, poor use of contrived plot devices, the subtle as a bomb drama, and the clumsy end. I actually laughed at how poorly done it was.

So the mother.... right, so really, I don't get her. She apparently wasn't such a bitch all along, yet somehow she manages to keep up the bitch act even when it served no purpose. My god my reaction when her face went from normal angry mother >:( to :) happy mother.... my mouth was agape. Seriously, what?

The confession at the end was clumsy, however it was delivered fairly well, I'll grant the show that much. Everything else was just dumb.

The Series

Kotoura-san was never good, from the very start it was poorly done melodrama, followed by a clash of in your face perverted humour followed by in your face drama. To boot Kotoura-san had the same issue EVERY SINGLE TIME.

The humour is somewhat funny for the first 3 episodes, but then it gets boring. There is not much I can say about this show that is positive. Looking at all the episodes I've commented on I never liked it.

I'm going to be extraordinarily harsh and rate this a 3. I absolutely loathe how poorly it was written. I hate bad writing, and due to how in your face the show was, I can't even say that it's heart was in the right place, there was nothing earnest about it at all.

Its your opinion nobody going 2 come at you everyone dont like the same shit BRO.
I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world..
Mar 31, 2013 5:20 PM

Mar 2011
KingDulku666 said:
Its your opinion nobody going 2 come at you everyone don't like the same shit BRO.

:O
Mar 31, 2013 11:31 PM
Feb 2012
Even though I have the same opinions as everyone, I just have to say it myself to get over it. XD apologies.

7/10 for this anime as well. It was a great start and built so much expectations for me that it went downhill from there. If a story has the potential to fulfill a deep emotion storyline with romance, then it shouldn't handle scenes the way this anime did. I mean, the feels were still there but I just thought one or two quick minutes of it wasn't satisfying (like the confession at the end or the mom-daughter moment) or it happened too suddenly without any supporting scenes. In short, it was a great but rushed anime. I liked the theme songs though and I loved Kotoura's fight scene with her mom.
Apr 1, 2013 12:10 AM

Nov 2011
I love happy endings ;_; Good for you Kotoura, good for you ;_;
Apr 1, 2013 9:20 AM

Jun 2011
Strong start, weak middle ad ending. Well at least the OP is cute

6/10
Apr 1, 2013 1:35 PM

Sep 2009
One of the better series of it's season.

Definitely a good watch, even though a lot of unrealistically high expectation mofuggas here on this thread think otherwise.

7-8/10
Apr 1, 2013 2:30 PM

Jul 2012
7/10 from me.
Apr 1, 2013 3:37 PM

Oct 2007
Not the best show ever created but it is one of the show where you could at least appreciate the effort it was put in the show even though it wasn't as good as you expected.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 1, 2013 8:29 PM

Apr 2010
Funniest moment definitely was the mom's pedo boyfriend. Anyway, good series overall, could have been a bit better but it still was great, and yes it will definitely deserve to get another season, and yeah it is very likely to happen with all the success on the sales.

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Apr 2, 2013 11:17 AM
Feb 2012
A surprisingly cute and touching story. 8/10

Wouldn't mind more of it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 2, 2013 2:54 PM

Jan 2013
Well her eyes do look better

Good episode, but I have a feeling there wont be a new season :(.
Anime 10/10, this episode because it was all happy ending 10 but because it wasn't really satisfying just 8-9/10.
Apr 2, 2013 8:19 PM
Feb 2012
Kotoura finally standing up for herself instead of calling for help was worth the mid-season bullshit and the detective arc. So tired of this martyr nonsense and finally she gets some character development almost on par with Moritani.

Mediocre series, with some gem episodes. It's like the premise for a coming of age story with ESP except the "comedy" drags it down.

ESP is kind of just window dressing in the end.
Apr 2, 2013 9:13 PM

Mar 2013
This anime could have been something so much better. The start had me hooked, and then it just went slowly downhill.

The ending felt rushed. There was absolutely no buildup to Kotoura's mother showing up in her apartment and making up over a pillow fight. Seriously, what? On top of that, her confession to Manabe felt completely forced.

All in all, this ending could have used another episode to build up to it. This episode was a little refreshing, but too much stuff happened without buildup to reinforce it.

4/10 for the episode.
5/10 for the anime.
Apr 2, 2013 10:50 PM

Oct 2007
The scenes with Haruka and her mother made me tear up -^^-
Apr 3, 2013 10:44 AM

Sep 2012
I really like how this series started but as people have been saying, yes it did lose its potential and did get bored sometimes but overall i think it did better than some series which had an even more better first episode than this but overall were disapointing.

Goes to show that an idea can be amazing but depending on who's hands that ideas is where true potential lies

9/10
Apr 3, 2013 5:03 PM

Nov 2010
vampko said:
10/10
Probably cheap coming from me, having rated so many shows 10/10, but I really loved this show. The only disappointing part was the split-personality of the detective. I really wish they hadn't of resorted to that. Everything else though, I just loved~

I mean, they gave hints throughout that her mother really loved her and regretted what she did, so I'm lost why so many think it was just this moment that everything 'suddenly changed'. And Moritani, I always see many act like her change was too 180, but that was always her personality. The only barrier to Moritani becoming best friends with Kotoura was her jealousy, they actually already had a fair amount in common. Since Moritani wasn't treated the best when she was younger because of her abilities too.

It could just be me, but nothing really felt rushed, or forced. And I'm also lost how there are those who are saying that the drama from the first episode wasn't in at all since then. It most certainly was throughout the show.

And finally, Kotoura's having to deal with the same problem constantly. I feel like this is probably the most unfair observation being made. She's a human being, her entire life was spent being bullied, and losing people close to her because of her power. Of COURSE it would take her a long time to finally push off all that emotional baggage. I felt it was handled in a very natural way. On the contrary, the most popular thing is to have one thing happen, and BAM! Person is over their trauma. This show takes the less treaded route, and gets crucified for it.

Anyway, that's enough defending this show. it was cute, it was hilarious, it was sad, it was heartwarming, heartwrenching, and just altogether a great story~
That is why I give this show a 10/10

Also, I do not want a second season. There's honestly no reason for one. it's all been taken care of. Another season would just bring on some new forced issues. Kotoura and Manabe are officially going out, Kotoura and her mom were finally able to make up, Moritani became Kotoura's best friend, Mifu finally got off her chest about how bad she felt about using Kotoura, and the New ESP society was formed.

I really hope that we never see another season, because this is the way to end a show.

^THANK YOU!

I'm so sad because majority of the people rated this show poorly even though I gave it a perfect 10 =( I really like how the comedy, drama and romance blend together that is showcased by the anime. It's quite refreshing.

I don't get why people are so hunged up on the first episode. It feels like they wanted to see the side of Kotoura becoming a psycho or something.
Apr 6, 2013 12:40 AM

Feb 2012
A nice series overall even though it kinda went downhill~ Enjoyed it :)
Apr 6, 2013 3:30 AM

Apr 2008
It started out great ... but it got less interesting in the end ... kind of disappointed

Apr 6, 2013 9:46 AM
May 2012
I'll have to admit that starting the anime with a downer episode is too sudden. Though in the later episodes i felt that my spirit went up a bit, i still thought the same thing even after finishing this.

Before the final ep, my rating was 6/10.. But then this ep was too satisfying, i think there was closure. Kotoura and her mother's reunion, Yuriko and Muroto's relationship, and Manabe confessing to Kotoura. Though i felt the pace was to quick, i was still satisfied that all of these were shown.

Overall, very good anime, liked the songs, especially the ED.

8/10.
Apr 6, 2013 2:38 PM

Feb 2010
6/10.

The beginning to about 1/2 way through the series had so much potential... but the last few arcs (especially the criminal one) were weak.
Apr 11, 2013 6:08 AM

Aug 2012
I don't really understand why there's many haters of this anime ... ( but we have a freedom of expression :D )

My opinion : I really think this anime is great I rate it 8.5/10 ( 9/10 ) ...Drama+comedy+romance

Drama - 9.5/10
Comedy - 8/10
Romace - 7/10
Story - 8/10
Sound - 9/10 ( OP - ED ) - ED1 is really compatible in the show
Art - hmm actually I think the art is weird for me or its my first time seeing like this but I liked it 7.8/10

I admit I cry ( no I think just a tears ) maybe about 2 - 3 times because xD the VA did a great job on each of the character ....( +1 the scene between her reunion with her mother tear me up :)

The comedy is simple but still its great and about the romance there is no kissing scene but still I'm satisfied ( I think that's not necessary .I'm used to it haha there's many anime that didn't have that although they are romance ^^ )

= I enjoyed it ^^
Apr 11, 2013 3:30 PM

Oct 2012
Heartwarming and funny series, one that stands out in its genre this year.
I liked those characters. Wish there was some sequel.

7/10
Apr 14, 2013 4:07 PM

Oct 2008
I quite agree with the majority of the people here as well.
Episode 1 really sucked me into this anime. Unfortunately, this was really the high point of this series.
Even slightly past episode 3 (the Moritani bullying arc), the anime wasn't quite living up to my expectations, but still managed to provide a decent pacing and a strong enough reasoning for the ensuing events.

The last part of the series was really where it started to fall apart. The criminal arc was really terrible in general. Emotional scenes felt REALLY forced, Kotoura would end up crying at really random moments and blame herself for no concrete reasoning at all. They dialed the tear meter to 11 and thought that it would work again. But this far into a series, you really need a backbone to support the events. You can only get away with it in the first half of the first episode.

The simplistic aspect of their relationships and the repetitive nature of their interactions also started to wear thin near the end. You also can't reuse the same sad music over and over again because people start to get desensitized by it. I thought that a 12 episode anime would manage to mix it up more in the soundtrack department.

The last part of episode 12 with her mother was honestly a joke at this point. What kind of resolution was that? Again, crying eyes =/= sad.

Unfortunately, this anime started REALLY strong, much stronger than most shows would ever hope to achieve. But, there was nothing to support it afterwards.
Apr 14, 2013 4:50 PM

May 2007
I gave it a 8/10 but I really should have given it a 7/10, most of the anime was way too predictable. The only really good episodes were the first 2, the rest was generic crap save for the last episode, which was sweet and funny..
Apr 19, 2013 9:18 PM

Sep 2008
This last episode was ok.

This anime had it's good moments. Some genuinely enjoyable stuff in there. It's just buried by the mediocrity of the rest of the show.
Apr 23, 2013 10:03 AM

May 2012
Quite enjoyable anime. Another 9/10 from me.
Apr 23, 2013 5:59 PM

May 2012
was an enjoyable series, ending was a happy one, nothing special

9/10
Apr 24, 2013 8:26 PM

Jan 2012

that ended well :D .. well seeing Kotoura and her mother together ,,, i`m so happy for them :) .. but but but but but
kotoura, manabe ,, y u no kiss >.<

~~
Happy End :)

10/10 for me :D

Apr 27, 2013 7:33 AM

Jan 2013
Even though it was a jumbled mess at times I still cried a lot throughout the episodes....
Apr 29, 2013 8:51 PM

Sep 2011
That whole sequence between Kotoura and her mom was just so heartwarming...I loved it! Really hoping for a second season. :(
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

300 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

457 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

152 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.