Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2013 9:28 PM

Jul 2010
didn't really enjoy the show but it was a picture perfect ending. i felt really satisfied with it and that ed <3 6/10

Apr 9, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2012
Dose the manga continue?
Apr 9, 2013 7:46 AM

Jul 2011
dranime1 said:
Dose the manga continue?

The anime covers the entire manga.
Apr 10, 2013 12:14 PM
Aug 2012
Not really impressed by this anime, rather, I was let down. Not bad though, 8/10.

Would probably enjoy a slice of life with the characters from the show, preferably Aika.
Apr 10, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2012
... It felt like SAO again... What I mean is that the first half of the series was the BEST anime I have seen in five years.. with the second half being... Boring, a let down?, A really really really log resolution to the first half of the series. Look the first half of the series had me on the edge of my seat watching them talk for 4 episodes, this last part...
what can I say, I am so disapointed by the ending that I kinda hate this series a little bit. I still gave it a 8/10.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2013 3:01 PM

Jul 2012
I'm glad it didn't end as tragedy :)
Apr 15, 2013 1:59 PM

Sep 2010
nice ending

9/10 for all the serie
Apr 16, 2013 5:40 AM
Sep 2009
What an incredible anime. I love Shakespeare, so the amount of Shakespeare in this may be my huge bias.

The soundtrack, omg so dramatic and gorgeous. Animation was beautiful, characters were so well developed, even the side ones...
What a great story that actually finished - satisfying ending...even tho Hakaze and Yoshino wasn't completely fulfilled, we all know it's going to happen..

The only thing is - I JUST WANNA KNOW WHO MAHIRO WAS TEXTING!!! what a sly boy lol.

Truly loved this series, perfect length, perfect ending. 10/10
Apr 16, 2013 7:41 AM

Jan 2012
God I hope they animate the spinoff too one day.What else is there to say this will always be one of my all time favorites and the anime ending was actually better than in the manga
After finishing it I felt that emptiness again of not finding anything else good to watch lol
Apr 18, 2013 11:22 AM

Jan 2012
this ending is better than the manga for one reason
Apr 18, 2013 4:50 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, they weren't fucking kidding when they said the Tree of Exodus was akin to a sword specifically created to cut down the Tree of Genesis. The thing is huge.

A month later, lulz.

Evangeline, you vixen. Trying to get either Samon or Natsumura when you also got Junichirou gunning for your chest heart.

Haha, even to the end, Aika trolled them.

That was a great ending. Too bad they cut away right when Yoshino and Hakaze were about to embrace/kiss. I guess Yoshino has finally decided to return Hakaze's feelings?
Apr 19, 2013 7:20 PM

Oct 2011
Wow, the show really was awesome. In my opinion one of the best shows I've watched so far, and if I go after my normal rating scheme that goes after quality and enjoyment together (though that's not really the purpose of rating, I know), then I have to give it a 10.

I really had fun watchig Zetsuen no Tempest and I can't say there was an episode that failed to excite me. The cast was very likable and the two main girls are really top notch, not only their looks, but their personalities were great, too. Even though Aika wasn't part of the main story line, the flashbacks had a great impact and her character is kind of unique in my opinion. And even at the end of the last video from when she was alive and knew that she would die after that, she couldn't help it but troll them. xD I don't think there are many people who could do that.
Hakaze started of as a beauty with a kind of cold personality, but always seemed to be strong. And then she fell in love with Yoshino and acted like a pure maiden in love. And since I am a huge romance fan, this was totally to my liking. She wasn't as extreme as the normal tsunderes or anything like that, her reasoning was still ok. And the moments when she was talking about her loved one were so damn cute.. :3

And while comedy wasn't really anything that would fit into the kind of dark theme of the show, there were quite a few moments that really made me laugh. xD

It's only too bad that they never showed a kiss, neither of Yoshino x Aika nor of Yoshino x Hakaze. Though the latter one probably would have been too fast, but at least they should have shown an emotional hug at the last scene.. they didn't need to troll us and cut it off one second before they hug.. :(
RiukixDApr 23, 2013 7:26 AM
Apr 20, 2013 10:27 PM

May 2012
Wow, I was pretty disappointed with this show. It's not like it was bad but the change between the first and second half is really jarring. I mean the first half is great. The characters were interesting, the plot was different and it had a decent balance between action and dialogue.

Once the second half starts though, a few things go wrong.
-Mahiro goes from being a hot head and somewhat of an anti hero to mister nice guy. Now if this had been developed over time, I wouldn't have a problem with it but it was like once he woke up from his two month healing nap, he was a new person with a slight temper.

-For something that was built up so much, the "confrontation" between Yoshino and Mahiro about him being Aika's boyfriend was very underwhelming. At the very least, Mahiro should have raged at him a bit.

-Hakaze's change is even more drastic than Mahiro's and took her from an interesting character to a generic one. I was just annoyed during the majority of their romance scenes. Part of the reason I was especially annoyed about this is because the reason she fell so hard for him in the first place feels generally weak.

-Tree of Genesis as the main enemy. I don't know about the rest of you but part of what makes a great anime for me is often the villains. If you've got a villain with interesting motives or even someone who doesn't consider themselves a villain but is constantly in the way of the heroes, then it increases the overall story.

-The most interesting character in the show has too little screen time and is already dead. Well obviously she needed to be dead for the plot, but I just wish we could have learnt more about her or that she had ended up being the mastermind.

With all that said though, it was still a good anime. I think I may have just set my expectations a little to high after the first half.
First Half= 8/10
Second Half= 6/10
Complete= 7/10
Apr 22, 2013 3:18 PM

May 2011
Well this was a nice ending to it all. The last fight against the tree wasn't that exciting but I never really had a high expectation for it anyway since this anime isn't all about fights like that. Those scenes at the end with Mahiro and Yoshino was really nice to watch and I loved watching the last message that Aika left. That background music matched it perfectly as well imo and made it all the better; the ED too. And yes! That last scene at the end with Hakaze and Yoshino coming together made this episode for me. I am so glad to see those two paired up with each other and the only thing that I could possibly wish more for is for them to kiss there at the end haha <3.

This was a great anime overall with a pretty decent plot and some fantastic, well developed characters imo. Yoshino and Mahiro were always interesting to watch while I just loved Aika and Hakaze's personalities. I've gotta say I enjoyed every minute of this.
ZeroZxApr 22, 2013 3:30 PM
Apr 23, 2013 7:56 AM

Jun 2008
Aika kept trolling threw the end. The most sexy troll ever.

Definitely a good show although i felt the second part was kind of lacking to be honest.
i mean the whole ending and the destruction of the tree wasn't close to as exciting as the crazy dialogs and plot twist in the end of the first half when they brought Hakaze back.

GiantRobotsRKool said:
Overall: Decent episode. Got trolled by Aika one last time, and tied up almost all loose ends. EP could have been better if they went beyond merely insinuating the outcome of Hakaze x Yoshino. The lingering ambiguity of the last scene seemed a bit mean-sprited, even. I can tolerate ambiguous endings if they don't affect major plot themes, but in this case, I think it was a big mistake to leave a major question hanging like that. I think hug vs kiss makes a huge difference in the resolution of Aika x Yoshino x Hakaze, and it was totally left up to the imagination!

Lol, how thick are you. It's clear they end up together. How much more must the scriptwriter and director spell it for you. Stop wanting everything chewed for you.
MonadApr 23, 2013 8:00 AM
Apr 24, 2013 1:46 AM

Jan 2012
gettogaara said:
Wow, I was pretty disappointed with this show. It's not like it was bad but the change between the first and second half is really jarring. I mean the first half is great. The characters were interesting, the plot was different and it had a decent balance between action and dialogue.

-Mahiro goes from being a hot head and somewhat of an anti hero to mister nice guy. Now if this had been developed over time, I wouldn't have a problem with it but it was like once he woke up from his two month healing nap, he was a new person with a slight temper.

-For something that was built up so much, the "confrontation" between Yoshino and Mahiro about him being Aika's boyfriend was very underwhelming. At the very least, Mahiro should have raged at him a bit.

-Hakaze's change is even more drastic than Mahiro's and took her from an interesting character to a generic one. I was just annoyed during the majority of their romance scenes. Part of the reason I was especially annoyed about this is because the reason she fell so hard for him in the first place feels generally weak.

-Tree of Genesis as the main enemy. I don't know about the rest of you but part of what makes a great anime for me is often the villains. If you've got a villain with interesting motives or even someone who doesn't consider themselves a villain but is constantly in the way of the heroes, then it increases the overall story.

-The most interesting character in the show has too little screen time and is already dead. Well obviously she needed to be dead for the plot, but I just wish we could have learnt more about her or that she had ended up being the mastermind.

With all that said though, it was still a good anime. I think I may have just set my expectations a little to high after the first half.
First Half= 8/10
Second Half= 6/10
Complete= 7/10

you don't need a good villain as a must for a good story,what matters is the characters and the way the characters interacted here with each other was brilliant
Apr 27, 2013 3:05 PM
Sep 2012
Glad I picked this series up again!
Defiantly hit one of the 9/10s for me.
"Once you miss the opportunity to say something, the words become increasingly toxic."
Apr 28, 2013 7:29 AM
Mar 2013
when she said will show her naked body omg XD that moment was so funny
Apr 29, 2013 8:06 PM

May 2012
WOW
im glad i watched this serie. i really enjoyed watching it, it was very cool
it is definatly one of the best series of this seazon
im kind of sad that it is over...
i really wanted to watch a kiss in the end.... yoshino baka
10/10 - MASTERPIECE
the soudtrack of this serie is amazing, one of the best of all animes i have ever watched..
it was really cool the quotes fron sheakspere....
oh... i want more more more
May 1, 2013 11:55 PM

Mar 2013
The only think i didn't like about it, was that they couldn't save Aika. I rly like that girl. :)
"I believe in panties" ~ Shiina Mashiro
May 3, 2013 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
Too funny the troll at the end. I'm gonna miss Aika. It's a pity that she doesn't have
so much screentime, but when she appears it was simply cool. Yeah, I love the first part of the anime, the second part was a bit annoying with the Hakaze-fall-in-love-so-suddenly-in-you-know-who..bla bla thing.
I give Zetsuen no Tempest 7 points.
May 8, 2013 12:34 PM

Jun 2008
Aika remained brilliant until the very end, and I love the message of moving on and starting new with their lives, it was really touching. Definitely enjoyed the ending scene with Hakaze and Yoshino too, that was a great way to end things. I really enjoyed how that relationship played out throughout the whole season. Even Mahiro had some things to look forward to as well.

Great show overall, loved the character interaction and the twists and turns and all the Shakespeare in it. Moved me a lot in some cases and kept me interested throughout the whole series! 9/10
May 12, 2013 2:43 PM

Jun 2008
The series had its moments for sure, unfortunately a lot of them were overshadowed by events that didn't happen. The ending scene between Yoshino and Hakaze is exemplary of that. Amibiguity works sometimes, but tying up that loose end is a very important deal. Not doing it really sums up a problem I had with the series, and that was things just happening too quickly or just being ignored. In the end it was entertaining and I thought the art was pretty good. 6/10, above average.
May 16, 2013 7:36 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was very unique, it got cliched after the whole saving the world, all hope is lost but it was really well done, I'm still bugged about the whole happy end, It didn't feel very Zetsuen-y, I was expecting a tragedy ending.

All in all it was awesome, 9/10
May 19, 2013 2:52 PM

Jan 2012
I like how the series ended .

May 19, 2013 7:47 PM

Feb 2011
parfaited said:
Talk about anti-climactic how the lot of us were screaming "DON'T DIE YOSHINO fjlk;asjfa!" last episode and here they just pan to him and his already sitting there bleeding but patched up a bit.

My thoughts exactly. Lol

A couple other things...

I think I would have preferred Hanemura maybe making some final struggle and busting open with a last burst of power, like he was finally fully awakened, rather than the whole sword thing. I suppose the two could be considered the same thing, but the sword had a sudden convenience feel to it. At least if it was the former it would fall in line with what Aika said about him being a partly awakened back up mage.

I fall into the group who would have liked to see that final kiss scene, buuuut, I guess I'm satisfied enough with leaving it to the imagination. It was kind of funny how Yoshino suddenly went running down the steps to meet her, though.

Otherwise, I was really happy with the ending. And two thumbs up for Aika's final trolling.

Overall, 8/10. A really nice series.
May 30, 2013 10:47 AM

Aug 2008
Ah, I was about to drop this series but I'm really happy I picked this up again.
I was really satisfiedwith the ending but DAT HUG SCENE WHY DID THEY CUT IT (Yoshino x Hakaze shipper here) asdfgjas
AIKA TROLL HAHAHA THE BOYS' REACTION WAS SO PRECIOUS XD

Ugh man one thing I will never forget about this series is Samon whenever his hair is tied up *^* ...and his comical monologues :)))
Congratulations to Hanemura and her girlfriend ;w;
May 30, 2013 11:37 PM

Nov 2008
Loved it, happy ending and all but I feel like there is something missing. Although it took a while to finish this even though I started watching since the first episode aired, I'm not sure how I feel about its ending.

I always liked Yoshino and Hakaze to be together but I would have at least wanted a hug or even a kiss towards the end from them. (I wonder if the manga shows more?)

At least it had a happy ending and everyone seems to have found someone in the end. I'm glad I wanted this and I might end up reading the plays.

I would love an OVA. Over all 9/10!
May 31, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2011
Loved every minute of this anime. I really like it when endings have that sense of closure. I was finding the whole Aika thing to be rather annoying but it started to make sense in the end and everything felt right. It was very dialogue heavy and I had to adjust with all the logic stuff flying around but it pulled me into the story more. At first I really wanted more action scenes but I came to terms with it. I was gunna lose hope with Yoshino x Hakaze but that last scene was the best i could hope for. 9/10.

Jun 1, 2013 1:55 AM

Jun 2011
I don't know if anyone realized this, but over this entire series Bones never showed an actual kiss. We've been trolled the entire time, why did we expected anything different for the ending. XD

But it would have been really nice to see. Personally, I prefer Hakaze over Aika, just because of that one scene with Juniichi in the amusement park where she goes completely deredere while trying to deny that she loves him. SO CUTE. HNNNNNNNG. She totally reminds me of Inaban, not just because they have the same CV.

Also, I can't get over how much the story irked me when I found out Aika was dead. It's like this annoying itch that I couldn't get rid of. I keep scratching it and hoping, but it just doesn't happen. Every episode, every development, ever turn, I pray that there's some way that she gets brought back to life.

P.S. Did anyone else find the costume fighting in the second half a little ridiculous?
Jun 4, 2013 5:35 AM
Mar 2010
Although I enjoyed the series and thought it was done very well, I found the second half weaker than the first. The 3/4 episodes of talking at the end of the first section was incredibly well written and I missed that element in the second section. I also felt that the romantic comedy aspect of the second section went on for too long.

Still an enjoyable watch.
Jun 8, 2013 10:02 AM
Apr 2013
Great anime. Loved the plot, the characters, Aika's trolling, the ending, really great.

I do have one question about it though: In the beginning of the second half of the anime, Samon was talking about how Yoshino might be the mage of Exodus. By the logic of the anime, Yoshino didn't serve any purpose for the entire first half of the anime, and Samon assumed that if he defies logic, he must be the mage of Exodus, the one person who can defy the Tree of Genesis's logic. But in reality, he wasn't the mage, and his purpose was never actually found out. I'm pretty sure all of us can agree his presence in the second half isn't extreme, since Mahiro came up with the plan, and Hanemura executed it, he was pretty useless. At best, you could say that, as Yamamoto said, that Yoshino gave Hakaze the motivation to give it her all when her loved one was watching in the final battle, but in an anime revolving so much about logic, I'm not convinced.

Of course as a character in an anime he is great, with depth and development and is very entertaining to watch, but from the logical point of view the anime cares about so much, I can't figure it out. Thoughts?
Jun 8, 2013 11:11 AM

Dec 2010
Good series, I'm debating a 8 or 9. But really enjoyable.

To all you people that can't figure out if they are still together, they are. Your welcome.

To people who think the ending was too fairy tailish, I had the same feeling for a bit, but really this all revolved around the tragedy of Aika's death which was the motivation for the two main characters. But yea there was plenty of sadness in the series, kind of nice to have a good ending.
Jun 14, 2013 11:30 PM

Feb 2011
At least let us meet Mahiro's future GF. <_<
Jun 15, 2013 3:17 PM

Jul 2010
Nice ending, a bit random with the sudden appearance of the sword but I guess I can accept it.

I really wanted to see a shot of Mahiro like 10 or 20 years in the future, in which he's some kind of world leader/boss of a very important organization... Though I'm sure he'll end up being someone very important :)

The serie itself was good, the first half was really interesting and exciting, then the story went down and became a bit too predictable but the last few episodes wrapped everything up rather nicely. Plus I really like Mahiro's character so it's 8/10 for me.
Jun 16, 2013 9:46 PM

Jan 2012
gettogaara said:

First Half= 8/10
Second Half= 6/10
Complete= 7/10

Haha, you wrote it better than I could have.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2013 1:38 AM
Feb 2009
great ending but they shoulda showed em kissing at the end :)
Jun 18, 2013 12:35 AM
Jul 2012
Kerozinn said:
Matas said:
Could have easily been 9/10 if there weren't so many plotholes. Was also too pretentious for it's own good.

and i keep wondering about 95% of the ppl posting and rating it 8/10 , 9/10 and even 10/10 and calling it "great anime with great ending". wake the fuck up please..

This is a little unsettling, coming from someone who rated Death Note really high (Death Note possessed some of the worst deduction ever) and someone who can't spell out "people". The anime followed Shakespearean elements very well. I wouldn't say it's pretentious either. More like claiming a couple of axioms or ideologies. Remember, this is loosely themed around Shakesepeare--it has to be showy.

I really enjoyed Zetsuen no Tempest's allusions to Shakespeare, its social commentary on differing ideologies, and its thematic use of religion and culture. Pretty damn cool, if you ask me.
chancellorJun 18, 2013 12:49 AM
Jun 21, 2013 10:07 AM
Feb 2010
I enjoyed Blast of Tempest very much. I give it a 7/10 basically because of how fast and generic the final battle was compared to the 3-4 episode back and forth we had at the series half-way point.

I did like how the series ended because after a whole series of not being able to move on from the tragedy at the core of the show the final scene showing Mahiro and Yoshino as relaxed as they are with the weight Aika left lifted off of them and FINALLY moving on, Yoshino with Hakaze apparently and Mahiro may ACTUALLY be able to get a girlfriend, was "right". Mahiro said it best about them "starting to walk".

Random thought, when I watched Yoshino during the mid series point I thought "Wow, so that is what Light Yagami would've been like if he was a half decent person.

Also, Aika trolled Mahiro and Yoshino right till the very end.
Jun 22, 2013 4:18 AM

Feb 2010
Even I got trolled.
The ending was so-so, but how the story progressed was a bit unpredictable for me.
Heck I didn't even thought that Aika killed herself. -_-
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jun 23, 2013 12:28 PM

Jan 2012
wow the terrible psycho pass series has 30 pages and znt barely has 13,makes me sad
Jun 24, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2012
They really had to cut out the kiss at the end?

COME THE FUCK ON. That was fucking frustrating and irritating as hell.

Aside from that, the series was great. loved that they thought through so many scenarios and stuff during conlicts/crises' and I am proud to say that I guessed that Aika killed herself (but not that she was the mage of exodus).

Meh whatever I guess. That series was a great time killer. Thanks for the rec renders^^
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Jul 3, 2013 4:19 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty damn awesome anime.

Really loved the way the it ended with such a happy end.

Jul 4, 2013 6:53 AM

Mar 2010
Excellent closure! 9/10 " I think love doesn't need to be express " , so yeah :P
LOVE THE ANIME!
Jul 12, 2013 2:36 AM

Apr 2009
"And to each, their own tale."

That was a great ride. I liked how even the finale bears similarities to the ending of The Tempest: magic is abandoned (or in this case disappears) and becomes unusable, while also having nobody else who had a role in the plot dying. Everyone made it through in one piece, except for the sole "actress" who was "scripted" to make a "grand exit" for the plot to advance.
Jul 12, 2013 9:07 PM

Jul 2012
SayakaMagica said:
"And to each, their own tale."

That was a great ride. I liked how even the finale bears similarities to the ending of The Tempest: magic is abandoned (or in this case disappears) and becomes unusable, while also having nobody else who had a role in the plot dying. Everyone made it through in one piece, except for the sole "actress" who was "scripted" to make a "grand exit" for the plot to advance.

Yup! I love the connections and parallels to Shakespeare.
Jul 17, 2013 12:27 AM

Feb 2011
During the few earlier episodes, I don't like where Yoshino and Mahiro talking to Samon for a couple of episodes long. Anyway, i did loled at the end where Aika is going to show them her body. When Hajimari no Ki is destroyed, I love the beautiful particles effect floating everywhere. but what will happen to those people that are infected by the disease when the Tree of Genesis is gone? Did they turn back to human or died.

Overall i am going to give this a 9/10
Jul 20, 2013 2:54 PM

Aug 2012
Zetsuen no Tempest easily and quickly became one of my favorites. Everything about this series is deserving. There was nothing ostentatious about the narrative that drew attention away from the solid, linear plot. The OST complimented the tone of the story and the animation accentuated the art and action. The voice acting was wonderful, the allusions to Shakespeare were magnificent and appropriate, the themes and imagery were beautiful and stimulating, and the cast of characters, along with their dialogue, were captivating. Truly, a work of outstanding artistry.
Jul 26, 2013 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
God dammit, Was REALLLY hoping for a kiss at the end but NOPE! But it was pretty good overall.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

116 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

260 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

278 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

138 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 8:15 PM

Poll: » Zetsuen no Tempest Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

175 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 2, 6:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.