Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2008 6:44 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Doutei subs were alright. Got their fair share of typos and weird translations that didn't fit but since no good group bothered to complete the first TV series, I'm still grateful.

I kinda want a Kuro-chan special lol. Whenever she's on screen, I crack up. I hope the next season will cover more of the serious stories from the manga. That'd be great.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 16, 2008 7:39 AM

Dec 2007
cyruz said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The Doutei subs were alright. Got their fair share of typos and weird translations that didn't fit but since no good group bothered to complete the first TV series, I'm still grateful.

Boo! Show me where the translation errors are, and I believe all the typos and spelling errors were intentional.

<------- Doutei Sub's one and only staff member.
Kokujin-kunDec 16, 2008 7:49 AM
Dec 16, 2008 8:49 AM

Jul 2007
Does it contain anything that wasn't in the season 1 uncensored dvd's?
Dec 16, 2008 9:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I got the thing with those 'intentional' spelling errors. That was mainly due to the way Rin was talking. But here you go:

02:36 - "Be-sides, you've soo saw me naked!"
- *besides
- *seen me naked
- *if you want to highlight the 'so', don't add more o's to it (that would make it sound like a [su] by the way), but use something like bold or italic formatting

05:29 - "I've so just did the same things as Nakamura-sensei did."
*I've [...] just done
*or I just did

08:48 - "The people that I care about the most keeps being taken away"
*keep

around 16:00 - "love"
*suki should be translated as "like" in this case. If you've seen episodes of the TV series, you know that Aoki wouldn't use "love" so early.

01:16:43 - "I the one who understands completely."
*even if you fix this sentence, it still has a weird ring to it

.. and a few more.

Thanks for subbing this. But if you had watched it a second time with these subs, you would've spotted all the little mistakes, I think. (:

animejnkie said:
Does it contain anything that wasn't in the season 1 uncensored dvd's?
Doesn't look like it.
cyruzDec 16, 2008 9:15 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 16, 2008 9:39 AM

Dec 2007
cyruz said:
I got the thing with those 'intentional' spelling errors. That was mainly due to the way Rin was talking. But here you go:

02:36 - "Be-sides, you've soo saw me naked!"
- *besides
- *seen me naked
- *if you want to highlight the 'so', don't add more o's to it (that would make it sound like a [su] by the way), but use something like bold or italic formatting

Yeah, when I heard that extended "datte" at the beginning of the line, I thought the word that would be translated to that should reflect the way she expressed it. At first I wanted to use "BUH-sides" or something, but I thought that might be a little too distracting, so I just used the hyphen. And the "soo's" that you will see reflected the verbal tic that attracted me to Rin, and the show, in the first place - that "damon!" she regularly attaches at the end of her sentences. At first I was going to go with "totally," like "You totally saw me naked!" but I thought that sounded a little too 80's Valley-Girlish and I thought the stressed out "soo" would be more contemporary and reflect the way it's supposed to be pronounced. Obviously not everybody agrees with my choice :^)

05:29 - "I've so just did the same things as Nakamura-sensei did."
*I've [...] just done
*or I just did

Once again, the "soo" represented my failed attempt to account for the "damon." All right, you got me, I didn't use the past participle of the verb, but I doubt most third graders would be well versed in the advanced English anyways.</ends lame excuse> It didn't seem that glaring to me when I checked it, I should be more careful next time.

08:48 - "The people that I care about the most keeps being taken away"
*keep

Okay, I thought "people" could be used as a collective noun. My mistake.

around 16:00 - "love"
*suki should be translated as "like" in this case. If you've seen episodes of the TV series, you know that Aoki wouldn't use "love" so early.

Yeah, that's the issue with the Japaneseses and their irrational fear of expressing too much emotion. So for some goddamn reason, the more appropriate "aishiteru" becomes "suki" in most cases, even when the person saying is about to make love with someone. I made my choice because earlier in that scene, Rin says "Atashi no koto suki?" and Aoki-sensei had absolutely no problem saying "of course." Since he didn't hesitate, I read that as Rin asking if Aoki liked her instead of loved her. And remember in that scene in the episode that it originally came from, Aoki compared the first time he told her "suki" to a formal confession of love a guy would make to a girl, so I think those words are a little deeper than the other reading of "I like you."

Besides, I think it's kind of lame for a guy to get hung up on saying "I like you" to someone.

01:16:43 - "I the one who understands completely."
*even if you fix this sentence, it still has a weird ring to it

Gaaah! Zetsubou shita! I'm going to the nearest sakura tree to hang myself. It should have been "I'm the one who should . . ."

Lesson learned, never quality check your own work, unless you have to.

Thanks for subbing this. But if you had watched it a second time with these subs, you would've spotted all the little mistakes, I think. (:

Well, that's what version 2's are for. And please go on. Obviously I am new to this fansubbing business and all criticism is the only way I'll learn or improve. If I sounded sarcastic or anything, I apologize. I really do value your comments and opinion.
Kokujin-kunDec 16, 2008 9:49 AM
Dec 17, 2008 6:30 AM

Feb 2008
This was probably the only 'recap' episode where i just didn't skip some of the scene. Definitely will be looking forward to the second season.
Dec 22, 2008 1:33 AM
Jul 2018
It's been a while since I watched Kojika and I didn't know there was another OVA (even if it's only a recap episode.. but huh 86 minutes), so it was a good episode to refresh the story (and maybe good preparation for second season).

I noticed also few translation errors and some improvable parts. The only one I remember is something at the day before Aoki's birthday when they read that it will be the next day, .. oh I found the scene:
29:19 "明日って?!" become "That's his foot size?!".. should be something like "Tomorrow?!"
Dec 22, 2008 8:18 AM

Dec 2007
HoaRy said:
I noticed also few translation errors and some improvable parts. The only one I remember is something at the day before Aoki's birthday when they read that it will be the next day, .. oh I found the scene:
29:19 "明日って?!" become "That's his foot size?!".. should be something like "Tomorrow?!"

You may have a point there. I heard her say "足とって" ("ashi totte?") which would mean"that's for the foot?" I guess, I took into account the fact that she was blushing as she said that.
Jan 13, 2009 2:44 AM

Apr 2008
I'm wondering, is there a way I find this Ova online? or do I have to buy the DVD, seems like finding it online aint that easy..
Jan 22, 2009 6:22 AM

Dec 2007
Good OVA for quick rewatch of TV serie. I personally think 86 minutes was enough to contain all important moments.
May 21, 2009 4:33 PM

May 2008
lol well looks like this will bring me back

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 20, 2012 4:07 PM

Dec 2011
where did you watch this???
Oct 3, 2012 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
That was a long ass recap episode.
Aug 9, 2013 1:04 PM

May 2012
This recap sure got the whole story into it quite nicely even the dramatic parts were even included which was pretty nice, although the whole dramatic part about Rin's backstory wasn't which is also sad as that was totally unexpected and fitted the whole story quite well.

The best thing about this recap is that you barely see that the content was cut and it forms up quite a nice and complete story of the original series.

Though I prefered the original series more as the usual scenes or the random scenes were just more fun to watch! Still a very proper recap I must say with the ow so lovely ED!

A pretty decent recap in general!
Aug 8, 2018 1:15 PM

Feb 2013
It was a nice recap even though they skipped some important scenes.
Jan 2, 2023 5:50 AM

Aug 2019
not exatcly sure why i watched this right after the series but it was a nice recap more from rins perspective so we got to hear her thoughts on some of the scenes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

» Fansubs?

Icy-nee-san - Jul 16, 2008

22 by KuhakuOrigami »»
Nov 16, 2021 10:07 AM

» is there really a dvd

SlimOtaku - Nov 12, 2008

3 by Konan_Edogawa_ »»
Nov 5, 2019 2:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.