Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 24, 2013 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
According to Comic Valkyrie magazine, the second season of Freezing was announced.

Source: Scan of Valkyrie

Freezing 2 on MAL
NaruleachMar 26, 2013 6:22 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2013 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
Yeah, but why though
Mar 24, 2013 10:00 PM

Jan 2011
Boobs and NTR.
[center]
Mar 24, 2013 10:01 PM

Nov 2011
Mar 24, 2013 10:01 PM

Oct 2012
Time to watch crappy designed tops magically break off showing the boobs 10 seconds into a fight scene.

Which IS AWESOME! :P
Mar 24, 2013 10:02 PM

Sep 2012
Unexpected hit for the first season. And lots of source material left when first season ended. So kind of wonder why it took so long for a second season to be made.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 24, 2013 10:05 PM

Aug 2012
Hurray for more over-sized tits!
Mar 24, 2013 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
Anime not getting a second season. Btooom!

Anime getting a second season. Infinite Stratos. Freezing.

DIAF japan.
Mar 24, 2013 10:06 PM

Feb 2012
Nice.

Completed the first season not too long ago so this is great to hear.
Mar 24, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2013
Another 12 episodes of girls punishing girls for defeating girls that were punishing girls.

The one saving grace of this show is Attia Simmons.

She makes my man meat grow.
Mar 24, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2010
Animu these days...

Zandatsu (斬奪 - "cut and take")
Mar 24, 2013 10:12 PM

Oct 2012
Solvite said:

DIAF japan.

I'm excited for both of them .. but I've yet to watch Btoom I've had my eye on it for a while is it really needing a second season?? Don't get me wrong, I also think IS and Freezing don't either, but I'm not complaining, some animated conclusion to who this idiots chooses from IS would be welcome.
Mar 24, 2013 10:18 PM

Sep 2012
I've been waiting of this. Hope they decide to kill of some of the ecchi-ness.
Mar 24, 2013 10:38 PM

Sep 2012
If the next season's story follows the manga, you guys who disliked the first season might be pleasantly surprised with the second because I believe the story gets better. But most likely they will just fill it with fanservice and disregard the great plot, not that I'm complaining about the boobs or anything lol.
Mar 24, 2013 10:41 PM

Nov 2011
Narutodad said:
If the next season's story follows the manga, you guys who disliked the first season might be pleasantly surprised with the second because I believe the story gets better. But most likely they will just fill it with fanservice and disregard the great plot, not that I'm complaining about the boobs or anything lol.

Mar 24, 2013 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
Narutodad said:

There is also a protagonist change unless I'm thinking too far ahead.
[center]
Mar 24, 2013 10:45 PM

Jan 2013
Freezing = slightly more action based High School DxD
Mar 24, 2013 10:48 PM

May 2011
Damn, haven't watch 1st season yet.
Mar 24, 2013 10:49 PM

Jan 2009
they should have totally remake Freezing the manga has far better artwork
Mar 24, 2013 10:50 PM

Jan 2013
j0x said:
they should have totally remake Freezing the manga has far better artwork

I agree with this.
Mar 24, 2013 10:59 PM

Jan 2011
I would rather they adapt Sai:taker by the same author but its actually completed.
[center]
Mar 24, 2013 11:07 PM

Feb 2012
Win~

Can't wait.
Mar 24, 2013 11:12 PM

Jun 2012

Minor spoiler thoughts
HybridMBLMar 24, 2013 11:40 PM
Mar 24, 2013 11:18 PM

Dec 2012
Freezing is turning out to be a soild read after progress has been made in the manga, so I'm quite happy it's getting another season. Same thing happens with Rosario & Vampire. I would advice any one not to be out-right dismissive of works that are not even finished yet.
Btw, I like Btooom! very much, I'm possitive that it will get another season. As long as the manga materials keep coming, Madhouse is known for pushing shows out even without much popularity
Mar 24, 2013 11:22 PM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
As long as the manga materials keep coming, Madhouse is known for pushing shows out even without much popularity
One thing I need to clarify, which is a common misconception among overseas fans, is the perception that the studio decides what stuff to adapt to anime. So you say Madhouse will push Btooom 2nd season. Earlier I saw people praising A1 for getting Shinseakai Yori to be animated. However the fact is for adaptation almost always it is the publisher who decides what to adapt and then it scouts around to decide which studio to do the adaptation. Of course we can still credit studio for willing to take the challenge (like A1 for taking SSY project) but at the end the studio is responsible only for making the anime once the offer comes.

Another common mistake made by overseas fans is the perception that the studio is responsible for the marketing and advertising campaign. This is not correct. The production committee is responsible for driving it. Although studio will have representative and a voice in it, it is hardly the dominating voice or the driving force. The studio is there more for help make sure it indeed has the resource to produce the necessary works for marketing purpose (illustrations for magazine, key visual for website and posters, making the PVs) but how the work is to be marketed is not really the studio's job. So no one should blame Silver Link for the seiyuu controversy during marketing campaign, or J.C.Staff for not marketing, say, Sakuraso properly, as some said in MAL earlier.
symbvMar 24, 2013 11:37 PM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 24, 2013 11:34 PM
Apr 2011
yes yes yes yes!!! finally!!! now hopefully they go deeper in the connection and relationship of the two mains and drop the ecchi level.
Mar 24, 2013 11:36 PM

Aug 2010
Oh god, why would you waste the time to animate another season of this shit?
Mar 24, 2013 11:38 PM

Oct 2011
well i think it can't be worse than the first season, so i'll give it a try
Mar 24, 2013 11:38 PM
Apr 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
Inb4 rage at NTR arc and beta protag to the max

please tell me your joking about the NTR. if you dont mind put in spoiler tag cause i may need mental prep for it. i hate NTR shit it better not be with stella
Mar 24, 2013 11:42 PM
Sep 2007
Glad to see there will be season 2.
I'll probably watch when all 1080p Blu-ray rips are out.

Btw, Freezing: First Chronicle would be really great OVA, or movie with right direction and good animation.
Mar 24, 2013 11:45 PM

Jan 2013
Cant wait for more Attia Simmons.
Mar 24, 2013 11:46 PM

Apr 2010
Smashing...

Mar 24, 2013 11:48 PM

Apr 2011
jakeisquite said:
Oh god, why would you waste the time to animate another season of this shit?

can you tell me why Nichijou is popular? from what ive seen its garbage
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Mar 24, 2013 11:48 PM

Jul 2010
Well, guess I'll have to check this one out since I watched S1.
Mar 24, 2013 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
ThangLong said:
As long as the manga materials keep coming, Madhouse is known for pushing shows out even without much popularity
One thing I need to clarify, which is a common misconception among overseas fans, is the perception that the studio decides what stuff to adapt to anime. So you say Madhouse will push Btooom 2nd season. Earlier I saw people praising A1 for getting Shinseakai Yori to be animated. However the fact is for adaptation almost always it is the publisher who decides what to adapt and then it scouts around to decide which studio to do the adaptation. Of course we can still credit studio for willing to take the challenge (like A1 for taking SSY project) but at the end the studio is responsible only for making the anime once the offer comes.

I see, so that's how it works. Publisher, not studio, is holding the aces there. So I should go knock at Shinchosa and Sentai's doors for a second season of Btooom then? ;)
However, like you said, we cannot rule out the value of back-and-forth negotiation. If the studio sees value in adapting a manga, LN, or VN, it can still push for getting a contract, either by reducing prices or changing profit distribution. That was my point on criticizing KyoAni for not going out to get popular adaptions in the other thread. Btw, it will be interesting if we can find out about the relationship between writers, publishers, animation studio, and licensor specifically on who gets what piece of the revenue pie
Mar 24, 2013 11:51 PM

May 2010
Sure as long I'm getting the boobs
Mar 24, 2013 11:59 PM

Nov 2011
Psajdak said:
Btw, Freezing: First Chronicle would be really great OVA, or movie with right direction and good animation.

Agreed here especially since the manga got a recent update, with OVA more in favor though imo.
Mar 25, 2013 12:02 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
I see, so that's how it works. Publisher, not studio, is holding the aces there. So I should go knock at Shinchosa and Sentai's doors for a second season of Btooom then? ;)
However, like you said, we cannot rule out the value of back-and-forth negotiation. If the studio sees value in adapting a manga, LN, or VN, it can still push for getting a contract, either by reducing prices or changing profit distribution. That was my point on criticizing KyoAni for not going out to get popular adaptions in the other thread.
A strong and well-known studio like KyoAni of course should have a better position to start the initiative, perhaps by sending feelers to the publishers and suggest that it is interested to adapt this or that anime. That said, which work gets to be on a shortlist for possible anime adaptation almost certainly rests with the publisher. And a less well-known studio would not even have the influence to volunteer to do anime adaptation.

For a 2nd season, the rule of the game can be slightly different. If the adaptation goes very well for 1st season, the studio should have more say in terms of planning and preparation. But still whether a show is to get a 2nd season is still very much the publisher's call. And this is why we see a work with lackluster BD/DVD sales can still get a 2nd season and a good-selling work may take really long time for another season even though the source material still has enough stock (which is the case with FREEZING).

Mar 25, 2013 12:37 AM

Mar 2011
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa finally 2nd season.
Mar 25, 2013 12:42 AM

Feb 2012
What the hell?
you disappoint me japan...
wow this is cool
Mar 25, 2013 1:05 AM
Jan 2013
sigh..., I would have rather them animate the legend of Maian than season two. The plot in my opinion is way better than freezing.
I can't freaking stand the relationship between Kazuya Aoi and Bridgette L. Satellizer since it took them
Mar 25, 2013 1:07 AM
Sep 2012
Guess i gotta reread the manga, totally forgot everything that has happened.
Yay to the 2nd season.
Mar 25, 2013 1:16 AM

May 2009
TsukikageRan is pleased since studying the physics of gravitational forces on boobs and clothing brought about by violent gusts of wind has brought endless fascination to a credulous mind.

Is there a 7th season to Ikkitousen? ..must continue the study...

@symbv

I'm curious, what does ecchi mean to the Japanese then? -Serious question-
Mar 25, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
Great news. I have to get back to the first season now, stalled it since the TV aired cut version and for some reason never found time to watch it after that.

Also thanks symbv for spending time to educate people. ;)
Mar 25, 2013 1:20 AM
Jul 2008
I would have never expected a second season of this. I can't really remember much of the first, but I think I more or less enjoyed it, tits aside, so while I wasn't particularly waiting for this, I'm not entirely disappointed either. It does have nice potential as an action show IMO-- now it only needs to exploit it.
Mar 25, 2013 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
SilentTruth said:
Damn, haven't watch 1st season yet.

Good thing this announcement means you now have months to watch the first season :)

As for BTOOOM the manga is ongoing. First anime season was about 50 chapters worth. There are now ten more chapters out. It is monthly so... Sales aside in 3-4 years we will have the same amount of original content available as for the first season. Now, personally I think they can go with less chapters per episode... But I don't adapt manga to anime for a living, I just read and watch the stuff so what do I know...

The etymology of ecchi is worthy of a doctoral thesis! Really! Its usage has evolved greatly as has the usage of the first letter of the romaji of the word it comes from, hentai. Fascinating subject... The words, I mean of course...
Mar 25, 2013 2:14 AM

Aug 2008
I thought sales for S1 crashed like a missile. I bet they sold a lot of boob-shaped mouse pads.
Mar 25, 2013 2:18 AM

Jan 2008
Oh all those hater...

Anyway, nice to read that there will be a second season.

And about IS being a good Anime... lel.
Mar 25, 2013 2:27 AM
Aug 2012
Good News!!! FUCK the haters... :)
Mar 25, 2013 2:27 AM

Jun 2010
Solvite said:

DIAF japan.

Because Japanese want boobs and not care about the damn story.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by Gardevoir7 »»
11 minutes ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Jun 6

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
20 minutes ago

» Manga 'Hazure Skill "Kinomi Master"' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Jun 6

7 by CocoaGalaxy »»
22 minutes ago

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Reveals More Cast, Theme Songs, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Jun 6

2 by CocoaGalaxy »»
24 minutes ago

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

2 by RobertBobert »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.