Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 24, 2013 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, nice to see her being alright ;) even though it seems like Haruka herself seems a bit frustrated.

Looking forward to their final song next week.
Mar 24, 2013 7:00 AM

Dec 2012
They changed the broadcast time for episode 12 it seems. Normally, raw should be out right about now.
Mar 24, 2013 7:19 AM
Jul 2012
too much happening in this episode, drama here and there..
suddenly the group start to fall apart, dropped from the LoveLive ranking, Kotori is leaving and Honoka want to quit?

this is not their day at all ;_;
Mar 24, 2013 8:36 AM

Dec 2012
Man, I expected the group would be in crisis, but not to this degree :(
All that cryings and the slap at the end :( Today is not my good day
Mar 24, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2010
Guah... This is so depressing and another cliffhanger.

For some reason I'm going into semi-summary mode.

They can no longer try for Love Live, since the chairwoman did not want them to over do it. Not to mention, the whole group decided to not try for it anymore. μ's is no longer on the rankings.

At least the gave a small happy break in between when it turns out the school has gathered enough interested students to leave the school open.

But then since Kotori is being driven to a corner, Umi finally spills the fact that Kotori is transferring schools in two weeks in order to study fashion(? I think). Honoka ends up bursting at why Kotori didn't say this earlier. Kotori ends up breaking down that there was no oppportunity, since Honoka was so excited about everything. Kotori wanted to tell Honoka first, because she was the first friend she ever made.

The go lucky Honoka has practically lost any shred of confidence and drive. Blaming herself for not looking around her surroundings more clearly for signs so that this wouldn't have happened.

Eri even scolds her that thinking everything is her fault is being arrogant. Everyone's trying to cheer up that they can try for Love Live again, but Honoka even retorts that what the point in participating anymore? Even going as far as to say they'll never become as good as A-RISE no matter how much they practice.

In the process, pissing off Nico thoroughly, since she believed that Honoka was serious about being idol, but now she's quitting simply things are difficult right now. @_@ Honoka is going to quit being a school idol and is slapped by Umi @_@

"I didn't think that you were that type of person. You're the worst. You're the... You're the worst!"
^ Quote of the day xD

It will probably end with at least a semi-happy ending (looking at that preview lol), still looking forward to it.
Mar 24, 2013 9:19 AM

Apr 2011
Dem feels....DEM FEELS!!! It's all over the episode!

This is the first time to see Honoka-chan so sad. I feel hearbroken to see the girls
especially Honoka like that. :(

The Drama is a bit overwhelming. When said she's seriously gonna quit everyone was shock. Then Umi suddenly grabbed her hand and slap her surprising everyone. Honoka's hands where trembling in shock. And Umi saying she is the worst...Damn...

Totally not their day.
MagitoMar 24, 2013 9:24 AM
Mar 24, 2013 10:14 AM

Nov 2010
Magito said:

This is the first time to see Honoka-chan so sad. I feel hearbroken to see the girls

The Drama is a bit overwhelming. When said she's seriously gonna quit everyone was shock. Then Umi suddenly grabbed her hand and slap her surprising everyone. Honoka's hands where trembling in shock. And Umi saying she is the worst...Damn...

Totally not their day.

Definitely ._.

I just read her text message that she typed... Honoka's really blaming herself pretty hard.

Rough translation
The first message was
"私、全然気付いてなかった。。。"
"I didn't notice at all..."

The second message
"私が夢中過きて
みんなの気持ちとか
全然見えなくて
だから

ことりちゃん ごめんね"

"I was overly obsessed.
I was blind to everyone's feelings.
That's why, I'm sorry Kotori-chan."

Then Honoka even says to herself

"Even if I apologize... It's already...
their amazing... we can't catch up...to something like this...
Just what was I doing?"

Honoka is swept by series of bad news, and the fact the school is saved backfired, since it made Honoka's lose her last reason to even stay being an idol.
kuroikishiMar 24, 2013 10:18 AM
Mar 24, 2013 11:44 AM

Jul 2010
All dat drama. Hopefully something will cheer the group up in the last episode.
Mar 24, 2013 4:18 PM

Aug 2008
Personally, I'd have been pissed too if my friend didn't tell me something like that until right before she leaves. And that slap at the end pissed me off as well. That wasn't a "slap some sense into her" moment. Felt out of place and wrong, I would have beat her ass for that slap.

Mar 24, 2013 5:14 PM

Aug 2012
That drama . . .
Wow I expected Kotori to stay...
Honoka got slapped. Well it was to be expected... her best friend is leaving, they can not go to love live, and the school was saved. She sure needed some slapping some sense into her.
Mar 24, 2013 6:06 PM
Jul 2018
BOOM!!! That's me re-capping this episode. Alot of s**t went down lol and indeed alot of drama.
Mar 24, 2013 6:20 PM

Feb 2012

So glad Umi slapped some sense into Honoka! If anything, she atleast needs to send off Kotori with a bang, though I honestly hope she'll decide to stay in the end so we can get a second season :). Then again, Nozomi and Eri are graduating so I'm not sure how that works but one can dream!

Bit bummed they didn't get into LL! but it's understandable considering the amount of eps left. Second season? ^^

One more ep to go!
Mar 24, 2013 6:27 PM
Sep 2010
It take so long and so hard to form your resolve, and yet, once you fail to pass aa huge wall, you fall and lost passion easily.

I somewhat understand Honoka to a certain degree. Im so glad that Umi slapped Honoka thou ~~ Too much drama~~ Thou Im expecting Kotori to leave...but never expect Honoka to behave realisticly like that mmm

Anyway from my POV/IMHO, there will be new seiyuu replacing Kotori after this ~~ (if there is season 2) ...Or in another word she is graduating from Love live ~ but well that just some guess
xShinjiMar 24, 2013 6:33 PM
Mar 24, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
damn the leader hit a slump. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. life sucks. curve balls are thrown at you and you go dafaq man. but.. *enters cliche*
;)
Mar 24, 2013 7:11 PM

Jun 2011
Predictions:
- Honoka gets back on her feet
- Kotori doesn't leave

The most surprising thing in this episode is: they decided not to participate in Love Live. That very ironic consider that the show is called Love Live.
Also, Kotori can't leave, what will they do about second season?! (not saying that there will be one for sure).
Mar 24, 2013 7:12 PM

Jun 2011
I always did have a feeling something would backfire in the anime, but I didn't think that it'd be this intense on such an innocent girl's anime. BAD NEWS EVERYWHERE!

Bad News:
1) Did not get to participate in Love Live!
2) Kotori is going to study abroad
3) Honoka is depressed and blaming herself for everything
4) Honoka quits U's
5) Honoka gets bitch slapped by Umi

Good News:
1) School is saved

Anyway I can understand Honoka, but I believe she went negative way to fast, but I can understand why she is like that because since she collapsed during the performance she felt guilty for that event because she felt it ruined their big break.
Mar 24, 2013 7:34 PM

May 2010
Damn.
Mar 24, 2013 8:22 PM
Feb 2013
I feel sad now that they can't go to love live. The name oh the show is love live. I hope either for a season two or for them to go to love live. Otherwise this series was a waste of time.
Mar 24, 2013 8:41 PM

Apr 2011
Kaylacat said:
I feel sad now that they can't go to love live. The name oh the show is love live. I hope either for a season two or for them to go to love live. Otherwise this series was a waste of time.

Your right. Even thought the school is saved, they can't give up now! They can't give up Love Live!

I really hope for a second season because I want to see them participated in that event. That's what the anime title is for right?

I know how Honoka feels. She thinks she's a fail of a leader, that because she collapse they never participate in Love Live and muse got kicked out of the rankings, plus thinking she's ignorant to her surroundings and ignorant to the girls' feelings. She's knows shes the leader and seeing the crisis it is now felt too much for her.

It is a bit unbelievable to see Honoka not in her normal, energetic, optimistic and airheaded self here. I'm used to see the series as a happy and entertaining series and when this episode suddenly turns into drama it hit me hard.
Mar 24, 2013 8:52 PM
Oct 2010
honoka quit being a bitch
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Mar 24, 2013 9:03 PM

Jul 2008
I am really disappointed they are not participating in Love Live. But I guess saving the school was their ultimate goal.

Hopefully Honoka gets over herself next episode.
Mar 24, 2013 9:23 PM

Aug 2012
Dat drama! Damn!
Mar 24, 2013 9:34 PM

Sep 2012
Honoka's behavior is believable. A girl who always charges forward and exudes optimism can go down much lower than others if she ever gets demotivated and starts doubting herself.

Now it makes sense they will not go to Love Live because last week I was thinking there is just not enough space to accommodate Love Live in this show with 2 episodes left.

At the end their goal is to save the school.

After that it is their earliest stated objective of holding a live before a full house hall.

Which is what I predict will happen at the ending. It will prove that the girls' own bonds and team spirit is what counts, and it is their link with people who want to see them close in an small but intimate setting, which is also their starting point, that is most important. More important than chasing fame in a national contest.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 24, 2013 9:48 PM

Jul 2011
Wow talk about mood change. This was one well brought up episode. So full of drama. And its very understandable. Everyone's reactions. First to Kotori moving away. And not telling Honoka about it.

And then that big one at the end. The big fight. I have a weakness for friends fighting so this hit me. Specially when Umi told her she is a terrible person. waa I feel bad for HOnoka and Kotori and Umi and everyone.

I really hope they reconcile (of course they will). I hope they work things out. And am hoping for a SECOND SEASON! Please please! lol
Mar 24, 2013 9:49 PM

Jul 2011
Magito said:

Totally not their day.

Man I agree with you. This was so emotional! I feel for them.
Mar 24, 2013 10:21 PM

Sep 2011
Intense episode. O_O (awkward...)

Anyways, kind of sad to see no Snow Halation in this series. =/
Mar 25, 2013 12:39 AM

Jan 2013
I loved this episode.
Wasn't expecting such drama.
Mar 25, 2013 1:33 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, that was mindblowing.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 25, 2013 1:33 AM
Mar 2013
Wow.

I didn't expect the show to be this good. I also didn't really expect the drama to be this heavy, but... dang. It was very, very well-done. I felt for everyone, especially the starting trio.

Eri, Nico and Umi were awesome in this episode.

symbv said:
Honoka's behavior is believable. A girl who always charges forward and exudes optimism can go down much lower than others if she ever gets demotivated and starts doubting herself.

Indeed. Liked her development a lot, even though I thought she deserved to be slapped by Umi. :P

symbv said:
Now it makes sense they will not go to Love Live because last week I was thinking there is just not enough space to accommodate Love Live in this show with 2 episodes left.

At the end their goal is to save the school.

After that it is their earliest stated objective of holding a live before a full house hall.

Which is what I predict will happen at the ending. It will prove that the girls' own bonds and team spirit is what counts, and it is their link with people who want to see them close in an small but intimate setting, which is also their starting point, that is most important. More important than chasing fame in a national contest.

This, too. And Eri and the rest are right. They can join Love Live! next year, if ever. If Eri, Nozomi and Nico feel that way (even though they'll be graduating), I think they'll find a way to participate as Muse...

...which I hope to see in a second season. I really hope this sells well enough for a second season, and I hope the second season will be as well-made and well-loved as this. Because from what I can see, the latter episodes are poised to accommodate a second part, which is actually aiming for Love Live!
Mar 25, 2013 1:53 AM

Aug 2012
In my list of the most likeable member of μ's Honoka just fell from 5 to 8. Congratulations.
.................................................................................
Mar 25, 2013 2:18 AM

Sep 2012
Romedbaumann said:
In my list of the most likeable member of μ's Honoka just fell from 5 to 8. Congratulations.
And she will rise from 8 to 5 when the next episode airs ;-)

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 25, 2013 2:35 AM

Jan 2013
pikel-kun said:
Personally, I'd have been pissed too if my friend didn't tell me something like that until right before she leaves. And that slap at the end pissed me off as well. That wasn't a "slap some sense into her" moment. Felt out of place and wrong, I would have beat her ass for that slap.

Yeah I also feel the same way. I believe the slap should have come a bit earlier while Honoka was saying why they should even bother being school idols.
Mar 25, 2013 3:12 AM
Sep 2007
Surprised the anime took this turn as welll but it's realistic to have problems arise to great development.

& I agree with what some are saying about that slap, maybe Honoka wasn't completly in the right, but I don't think in no way she deserved that slap, or especially being called "a terrible person"

In a way it kind of remind of this one anime where everyone pushed their expectations on this one girl & she thout she'd try hard to be that optomistic go happy person everyone thought she was, but kinda broke in the end & took her awhile to get back up.

As a young girl who goes throug what Honoka did, she deserves to feel & act the way she did. She's in a slump, & all ppl get there at that point. For Umi to also tell her "[she] didn't think she was that type of person..." is wrong. It's not easy to always look at things to positvley as Honoka does, & everyone is more than just of type person.

Maybe I'm over analyzing but that part just got to me :P I just think everyone could've handled the situation better.
Mar 25, 2013 3:53 AM

Sep 2012
Drama, drama everywhere Oo
Mar 25, 2013 4:30 AM

Sep 2012
Just came back from reading the Japanese forums, and wow the traffic there exploded. A lot of discussions, debate and even arguments about what this shift of mood means for the series and whether this is a good development. Amazing.

Mar 25, 2013 4:40 AM

Oct 2011
Teh drama is here... but I don't mind it this time. I can understand why this is happening and that it will probably temporary thing with all of them singing together in the end.
Going for some downer ending doesn't fit here (or rather bittersweet as they achieved their goal) unless it's 2cour series, than it would make some sense.

Nico was awesome in the end, at least she had shown how serious she is about group. And of course Umi but that was easy to predict her reaction.
Dalek-bakaMar 25, 2013 4:50 AM
Mar 25, 2013 4:44 AM
Nov 2012
althought this question may seems rediculious but
Is this the final episode?
I read somewhere that episode 13 is an OVA like.
この国では、成長途中の女性のことを『少女』って呼ぶんだろう?だったらやがて魔女になる君たちのことは、『魔法少女』と呼ぶべきだよね
Mar 25, 2013 4:49 AM

Dec 2012
babak159 said:
althought this question may seems rediculious but
Is this the final episode?
I read somewhere that episode 13 is an OVA like.

No it is not. Eps 13 coming out next week. Did you watch the preview at the end? :)
Mar 25, 2013 5:00 AM

Sep 2012
I totally understand how Honoka feel. Seeing how your hard work and effort you put into something didn't pay off is just so depressing. I saw that coming and someone is gonna slap Honoka out of it (nice slap Umi!). I just hope some of you stop blaming Honoka for everything.

Predictable plot, though I didn't watch enough idol anime to actually comment about how good or bad this is.

Well I hope they made up for the final live and I hope we won't be seeing the last of them! Will continue to support μ's! :)
Mar 25, 2013 5:24 AM
Feb 2012
Last week's cliffhanger was more or less bearable since we knew Honoka would get better again. But this week's one is just mean. Kotori seems to be leaving Japan no matter what and what's worse is that Honoka could've prevented it from happening had she only known earlier. Also, Honoka of all people seemingly lost her motivation (understandable) and now quit muse? So much unusual drama for this lovely show... and yet the preview suggest the exact opposite. I can't possibly wait for next week to come.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 25, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2011
Nappa: Vegeta, what does the scouter say about the drama level of this episode?
Vegeta: IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

In all seriousness, I really hope Love Live is getting a second season. I didn't thought I'd enjoy this show so much.
Mar 25, 2013 7:39 AM
Jun 2010
I thought the girls really gave Honoka a bad deal. She worked very hard to make the live concert the best and improve their ranking for Love Live, she sacrifices her health for it and during her recovery decisions are made without her input! The group seems find without a ultimate goal and then has the nerve to blame Honoka for being the worst?!? The group gave up on Honoka. Doing something without purpose is a waste and Honoka knows that very well. Kotori did not help matters any by hiding vital information from her very best friend...again, Honoka is done wrong. I agree with Honoka - quit while you are ahead (or behind).
Mar 25, 2013 8:54 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Just came back from reading the Japanese forums, and wow the traffic there exploded. A lot of discussions, debate and even arguments about what this shift of mood means for the series and whether this is a good development. Amazing.

Is this like a ragefest of "how dare they make those characters have to suffer and grow" or an actual discussion over what transpired from different points of views and wondering what happens next. It really wouldn't surprise me for lots of people to be freaking out over there and the show just tanks in popularity cause god forbid the cast should have to actually suffer and grow a bit instead of everything being comfortable and saccharine all the time.
Mar 25, 2013 8:56 AM

Sep 2010
DRAMA..... I don't want LoveLive to be depressive....

3.5/5
Mar 25, 2013 9:02 AM

Sep 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is this like a ragefest of "how dare they make those characters have to suffer and grow" or an actual discussion over what transpired from different points of views and wondering what happens next.
Both I would say, in around equal proportion. And for the ranters there are also the supporters -- when both exist the number of posts can increase much faster.

Mar 25, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2010
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Is this like a ragefest of "how dare they make those characters have to suffer and grow" or an actual discussion over what transpired from different points of views and wondering what happens next.
Both I would say, in around equal proportion. And for the ranters there are also the supporters -- when both exist the number of posts can increase much faster.

For some reason, the most memorable japanese posts to me were how people were name calling Honoka, Ponoka or kuzu (scum/trash). ._.' Others were mostly talking about how Honoka has fallen to the dark side lol.

Curiousity wise, can you message me the site you go to look at japanese posts. The ones I found felt pretty repetitive. I'm curious about the debates personally.
Mar 25, 2013 9:12 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I wish some of those arguments would take place here. It sure would liven up things over here since we'd have lots more to talk about and, if anything, I could always sit back and read the popcorn. Haha!
Mar 25, 2013 9:12 AM

Nov 2009
This episode had so many things happening all over the place!!!

Although I can understand how Honoka feels and the amount of things that hit her head on such as the Love Live and her best friend Kotori leaving is a lot to take in so I can see why she would want to quit the group, it really isn't easy and life just sometimes never goes the way you want it to go.

I was very surprised as I did expect some drama but not to this extent. Sunrise really surprised me and they animated these scenes perfectly in my opinion. Luckily though, Honoka has extremely reliable friends particularly Kotori and Umi and I'm pretty sure that deep down, Honoka wants to continue but I wonder how the anime is going to end in terms of the idol group status? Are they still aiming for Love Live or will they just perform several live shows?

A second season in my opinion really needs to happen as I'm pretty sure especially with the pacing of the story now, they can create so many different stories for a potential second season. It will also be interesting to see how things will be resolved and how this series is going to end. Looking forward to the last episode of this series as I feel that it has a lot of potential!!

5/5

Mar 25, 2013 9:13 AM

Oct 2007
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Sounds like all forums then just at a higher volume. Personally I think it's silly to reject drama and hardship on the characters of any kind even if it's arguably fairly well executed and arguably fits with the developments of the show. I remember seeing this issue pop up with Koutara-san too.

AiCon said:
symbv said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I wish some of those arguments would take place here. It sure would liven up things over here since we'd have lots more to talk about and, if anything, I could always sit back and read the popcorn. Haha!

Most of the discussion I've seen in Western forums is people fawning over the character designs (they are disarmingly attractive) and posting fan art of favorite idols. I assume there's lots of that, I also get the impression this show is several magnitudes more popular in Japan though judging by it's pre-orders and that it just got even more attention.
PeacingOutMar 25, 2013 9:19 AM
Mar 25, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2012
kuroikishi said:
Curiousity wise, can you message me the site you go to look at japanese posts. The ones I found felt pretty repetitive. I'm curious about the debates personally.
There are a number of sites I checked, but here is one: http://otanews.livedoor.biz/archives/51936426.html#comments

Kaioshin_Sama said:
Sounds like all forums then just at a higher volume. Personally I think it's silly to reject drama and hardship on the characters of any kind even if it's arguably fairly well executed and arguably fits with the developments of the show. I remember seeing this issue pop up with Koutara-san too.
Hmm.. not sure how come you say it is like all forums because I look at this forum for example I do not see much of ragefest about this last episode. But perhaps there are some other western forums that are like what I described?

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 22, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.