Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 27, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
Good episode, very enjoyable.

But really, A-1 seems to enjoy fucking us up with these filler ending.
Mar 27, 2013 3:33 PM

Aug 2011
trampler8324 said:
So, waiting for the filler ending. Hope, there will be the way to continue the story for s2.

Let me explain this to you.....
They legitimately took the anime and STABBED IT LIKE 4637632 TIMES until it became unrecognizable in that ending, destroying it all hopes for a Season 2, kinda like how they did that to Ao no Exorcist. But hey, they can always throw some filler Magi movie while they're at it.
Mar 27, 2013 3:48 PM

Feb 2008
what was the point of changing it so much.....this episode just ruined everything. meh ....4/10
Mar 27, 2013 4:44 PM

Jul 2008
trampler8324 said:
Really like this. Don't care about manga, so ep was ok for me. Though it's a bit strange at some parts. Loved when Hakuryuu lost his hand and Dunya's death was quite tense.
So, waiting for the filler ending. Hope, there will be the way to continue the story for s2.
.__. you Need to watch more anime.

this episode 1/10 (1 because I still think the seiyuu's does a great job, otherwise, seriously there's nothing good in this episode at all, it was f*** painful to watch, I seriously question your mental health if you voted 'loved it' without trolling.)
Mar 27, 2013 7:20 PM
Mar 2013
why hakuryuu why
why ali why
i dont even know
i was excited and then BAM THE LOLS//
Mar 27, 2013 7:56 PM

May 2012
Kuroyu said:

lol on that sig..

Mar 27, 2013 11:13 PM

Sep 2012
@ Kuroyo
LOLOLOLOLOL XDDDDD Your sig is soo funny! XDDD
Mar 28, 2013 12:04 AM

Feb 2013
dam filler ending now no way of a second season
Mar 28, 2013 1:42 AM

Aug 2009
Sheesh, some of you people are not friendly at all...

Those who watch Magi anime and like it shouldn't be bashed by people who mean the opposite.
Mar 28, 2013 7:40 AM

Nov 2011
Since I plan to read the manga after the final episode next week, based from the comments, they basically only altered Sindria and Zagan arc viciously but the previous ones are fine?

Because I don't want to start at the beginning especially Kassim and his BOREFEST of a story but if they altered too much from the get-go then I guess I'll endure it all :-/
Mar 28, 2013 7:41 AM
Oct 2008
How could they do such a thing? Damn, i was really hoping for a long show... ;/
Till now it has outranked every shounen anime in such short time (24 episodes till now)...
How pitiful they decided to end it like that! ;/
Mar 28, 2013 8:17 AM
Feb 2012
LanceC said:
Since I plan to read the manga after the final episode next week, based from the comments, they basically only altered Sindria and Zagan arc viciously but the previous ones are fine?

Because I don't want to start at the beginning especially Kassim and his BOREFEST of a story but if they altered too much from the get-go then I guess I'll endure it all :-/

Trust me when I say that you should read it from the beginning. It's a completely different experience and more importantly, you get the story told the way it should be. You'll even see Kassim in a new light since his story is anything but a "borefest" as you said so eloquently. Besides, the manga is a surprisingly fast read but once you're invested in the story, it's hard to stop.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 28, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2012
I actually really enjoyed some parts of this episode, especially the Eight Generals' fights, Dunya's back story, and Hakuryuu's struggles, but I feel like it's heading into a questionable conclusion, mostly with that whole thing with Alibaba falling from grace. I'm only partly through the manga, so I don't know how much the anime ending is deviating from its respective chapters in the manga, but it's kind of unsettling to watch.

Alibaba just looks ridiculous...
Mar 28, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2012
ergghh gosh the ending was so suspenseful i wanna know what happens to alibaba!! i tried searching it up on the magi manga but i couldn't find that part. it didn't follow the story arc in the manga.... aww
Mar 28, 2013 6:34 PM
Mar 2009
bastek66 said:
Fuck you, A-1
Mar 28, 2013 6:41 PM

Sep 2010
I usually don't read manga, but looks like I will in this case. Is Dunya showed more in the manga? I really liked her.
Mar 28, 2013 7:42 PM

Jan 2010
One more episode... end already -.-
Mar 28, 2013 8:07 PM

Dec 2011
livingdeadkat said:
Is Dunya showed more in the manga? I really liked her.

Yes she does.
Mar 28, 2013 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
Well this show is ruined. And Gintama is over. I feel like I just got kicked in the balls.
Mar 28, 2013 9:01 PM

Oct 2011
To think that I actually thought the adaption was doing fine, good even, during Balbadd. Then they go around and spring this random original ending that goes completely against Alibaba's character. Great. I sincerely thought they could have ended right at the end of the Zagan business, albeit rushed. Though really, I was used to the rush due to how they sped through the earlier chapters. I'd much rather have a rushed ending than this original ending. Personally, I thought the end of Balbadd would be the best conclusion.

I love Magi.
I am disappointed in this adaption. Some of my manga-reading friends dropped very early on because they disliked it, but I thought it was decent enough.

Now the only reason to finish watching this is that I'm so close to the end, anyway.

Reboot when?
Profile art by もひ @ pixiv.
Mar 28, 2013 10:02 PM
Apr 2010
Poor Dunya, didn't think she would be dealt with like that... Entertaining episode though, doesn't look like there's any hope left for Alibaba. I hope it ends with a complete bad guy wins ending, would love to see Alibaba lead Al Thamen to world dominance (or Sindria dominance at least) instead of Aladdin and Sinbad conjuring up some bullshit.
Mar 29, 2013 3:29 AM

Oct 2010
Right now it's pretty much all over the place so I hope they at least tie up the loose ends.
Mar 29, 2013 10:15 AM

Jun 2012
Noooooooooooooo... Why the original ending, why?... T_T
Oh, well, bring on the reboot! (And please choose a less shitty voice for Aladdin...)

Mar 29, 2013 10:26 AM
Oct 2011
GuiltyKing said:
LanceC said:

Trust me when I say that you should read it from the beginning. It's a completely different experience and more importantly, you get the story told the way it should be. You'll even see Kassim in a new light since his story is anything but a "borefest" as you said so eloquently. Besides, the manga is a surprisingly fast read but once you're invested in the story, it's hard to stop.
Well, what's ruined can't be fixed easily. It's really sad seeing Kassim hated that much, I was expecting him to get more fans, but seeing how messed up his character became I also removed him from my favorites. Way to ruin such a great character, A-1. Even after rereading Balbadd in the manga once I dropped the anime, the anime's Kassim can't get out of my head. The anime killed that arc for whoever wants to read it once again. Maybe I'll read it again a couple of months or years later after I forget the existence of this crap.

Though if Balbadd to be read by anime-only viewers, they should read it for the missing and skipped panels and changed content, namely Markkio and Aladdin & Ugo's conversation, and some other stuff that was skipped in A-1's 5-chapter per episode pace.
Candor123Mar 29, 2013 10:35 AM
Mar 29, 2013 3:40 PM
Oct 2008
well, this is getting weird
Mar 29, 2013 7:13 PM

Apr 2011
How the hell is this gonna turn out....
Mar 29, 2013 7:30 PM

Apr 2011
echiomega said:
Damn, the ending of this ep didn't follow the manga... Guess now there's a lesser chance of a S2.

Same here I havent read the manga but I guess I will after the anime is done since it seems to go farther. I thought it was going to be 50+ episodes but I guess not.
Mar 30, 2013 12:05 AM

Jun 2010
Ouch, poor Hakyryuu...
But seriously, when blocking an attack, why would you spread out your arms?
Hope they don't ruin the badass Sinbad moment.
Mar 30, 2013 6:21 AM

Jul 2008
livingdeadkat said:
I usually don't read manga, but looks like I will in this case. Is Dunya showed more in the manga? I really liked her.
Yes, she's portraied alot better also ._.
Racaholic said:
Well this show is ruined. And Gintama is over. I feel like I just got kicked in the balls.
ugh, feels y__y
BiscuittRoot said:
Ouch, poor Hakyryuu...
But seriously, when blocking an attack, why would you spread out your arms?
Hope they don't ruin the badass Sinbad moment.
because A-1 wants everyone to look and act ridiculously.
...badass Sinbad moment? :o

final showdown tomorrow...
Mar 30, 2013 6:43 AM

May 2008
Candor said:
It's really sad seeing Kassim hated that much, I was expecting him to get more fans, but seeing how messed up his character became I also removed him from my favorites. Way to ruin such a great character, A-1. Even after rereading Balbadd in the manga once I dropped the anime, the anime's Kassim can't get out of my head. The anime killed that arc for whoever wants to read it once again. Maybe I'll read it again a couple of months or years later after I forget the existence of this crap.
I know. I also really would like to know who is going to give me back the love I had for Alibaba in the manga now, that I've seen him the adaptation. I just can't seem to like him anymore. T_T
Mar 30, 2013 7:27 AM

Oct 2010
W...what the hell did I just watch? Cos it sure as hell wasn't Magi....
Mar 30, 2013 8:31 AM

Jul 2008
sayami said:
I know. I also really would like to know who is going to give me back the love I had for Alibaba in the manga now, that I've seen him the adaptation. I just can't seem to like him anymore. T_T
It feels like they ruined everyone's character, Hakuryuu and Dunya are so different from the manga..
but Alibaba really got the worst treatment, I feel sorry for everyone who has him as fav char..
please keep Judal out of the next ep lol.

SimmianPrime said:
W...what the hell did I just watch? Cos it sure as hell wasn't Magi....
Sadly it is the anime adaption of Magi, thoug i'd wish it was a doujin anime or something T^T
Mar 30, 2013 9:45 AM

May 2008
This didn't even happen in the manga what are they thinking.

Couldn't they have done something that STAYED with the manga and made a second season? They're pulling a Kuroshitsuji season 2 where it's going to the point of no return and fucking it up so that there CAN'T be a second season. And if there is one, well, it's gonna take some real skill to make it like the manga again.

Mar 30, 2013 11:44 AM
Feb 2012
KayChan4U said:
This didn't even happen in the manga what are they thinking.

Couldn't they have done something that STAYED with the manga and made a second season? They're pulling a Kuroshitsuji season 2 where it's going to the point of no return and fucking it up so that there CAN'T be a second season. And if there is one, well, it's gonna take some real skill to make it like the manga again.

Doesn't matter how much skill is invested in a sequel, they messed up too much to have it work. Alibaba is supposed to die according to the manga's logic after turning into a black djinn/king (whatever the fuck Alibaba is supposed to be now) due to the black Rukh slowly destroying his body. The same happened in Dunya's case. Even though Aladdin managed to save her temporarily by using Solomon's Wisdom, she died a few weeks later.
What this anime needs, is a reboot and a capable studio.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 30, 2013 11:51 AM
Feb 2012
Kuroyu said:
...badass Sinbad moment? :o

I take it, he's talking about this, this one and that.

I remember barely being able to stop the drool flowing out of my mouth when reading those scenes the first time.
Mar 30, 2013 1:56 PM

Dec 2011
A-1, the fuck are you doing, seriously? I was really enjoying this show and BAM - they ruin everything. Ugh.
Mar 30, 2013 2:46 PM

May 2008
First Ao no Exorcist, and now this? lol. I don't read the manga but this episode... urggghh.

Also doesn't the ending look like Ao no Exrocist? :x
Mar 30, 2013 10:33 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, uh. I don't say this often, but as a reader of the manga...this was utter garbage.

What the goddamn fuck just happened? So much for more episodes after this.
Mar 31, 2013 12:32 AM
Apr 2011
Lol, I guess A-1 got tired of animating this show, so they completely abandoned ship. Needless to say, this is quite bad. I see no good way of concluding the series in a single episode following this.
What a shame too. I thought this show would become a nice adventure shounen anime that would go 100+ episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2013 1:54 AM

May 2010
ALIBABA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Apr 2, 2013 4:13 AM

Sep 2012
Alibaba!! Whyyyyyyy?!?!?
Apr 4, 2013 12:23 PM

Feb 2008
ok as cool as that looks that episode royally fucked everything up
everyone is so ooc it bothers me so much.

is it really that difficult to go with the original story?
Apr 5, 2013 6:18 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reminded me too much of Star Wars and falling to the Dark Side.

Anyway, I suppose that the last episode is an original anime ending and from what I read there's going to be a season 2.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 6, 2013 10:18 PM

Oct 2012
Alibaba became bad guy..
Well, at least his suits became cool XD

Marzan said:
Reminded me too much of Star Wars and falling to the Dark Side.

Anyway, I suppose that the last episode is an original anime ending and from what I read there's going to be a season 2.

Dark side always cooler than light side :D
Yeah season 2, maybe next 2-3 years...

Feel sorry for Hakuryuu lost his arms,
and that Dunya girl, I hope she survived...
"Signature removed"
Apr 7, 2013 8:43 AM

Sep 2009
Duh! Is that Alibaba? I hate him. I hate his attitude in this episode! :/
But it was supposed to happen. But I still hate him. I hate that kind of character!
Apr 9, 2013 7:11 AM

Jun 2008
sayami said:
But to be honest Alibaba looks ridiculous as a dark djinn. xD

Haha! So i wasn't the only one who that. He looks so lame. That was supposed to badass scary? They failed there that's for sure.
Apr 10, 2013 8:37 AM

Jan 2011
This was (probably) supposed to be a super epic ultra thrilling episode thingy but it lacks impact and everything just feels lame and bland. I'm almost 100% sure that this'll get 4/10, but the final episode might just be able to change that. (Yeah right...)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Apr 10, 2013 9:54 AM
Oct 2011
MasterMeNL said:
This was (probably) supposed to be a super epic ultra thrilling episode thingy but it lacks impact and everything just feels lame and bland. I'm almost 100% sure that this'll get 4/10, but the final episode might just be able to change that. (Yeah right...)
What would you expect from an original ending? Also, when did this "adaptation" have any impact to begin with?
Apr 10, 2013 2:29 PM

Feb 2010
Poor Dunya :/

Dafuq Alibaba?

My fave parts were watching the generals in action.
May 8, 2013 6:20 AM
Apr 2011
The original anime content just flies off totally. The design of dark djinn Alibaba is a bad rehash of Dunya's design. Couldn't they have made something else?

More importantly, Alibaba fell into depravity? He had already surpassed that psychological and emotional obstacle with the Balbadd Arc. It would have been best if Hakuryuu played that part instead. That change in content would've been more acceptable for me.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by animejas »»
Feb 19, 9:22 AM

Poll: » Magi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Num1dad_Asura - Oct 7, 2012

337 by Kent1234 »»
Dec 29, 2023 12:59 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2013

121 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:21 PM

Poll: » Magi Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2013

192 by GearheadOtaku »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2013

175 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 30, 2023 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.