Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 21, 2013 11:51 AM

Dec 2011
Holy crap! The series is over! Damn!!!

I seriously didn't expect this series would end how it begun.
Ginoza replaced his father as an Enforcer (also mirroring he got his arms back... probably a robotic one like Masaoka).

Akane became the top Inspector and mirrors how Ginoza started.

Mika (the classmate of Oryo) became Akane!

And Kogami became the new Makishima.

Although, this is not the kind of ending I expected... it was still a good watch. 8/10 for me!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 11:51 AM

Dec 2009
tingy said:
although I never really loved or hated Makishima, I definitely felt sympathetic towards his death :( I shed a few tears during that scene. Also, wow, Gino's changed quite a lot. He sounds much kinder when he speaks, and I really cried at the scene at Masaoka's grave ;_; I like him without his glasses. Now the only thing I'm kind of wondering is the part with Yayoi and Shion? Idk it just seemed kind of random to me :/ is there some sort of significance in that scene?

ME TOO! even thou I never really hated or liked Makishima, somehow I felt sad when he died...but I guess I would rather see him being killed by Kougami than, being captured by Sibyl and then turn into a ''moving brain" so when I think of it, that way, I feel less sad...

and I feel bad for Ginoza and I also think that he looks better without glasses!!!!!!! *____*

as for the Yayoi and Shion" bed scene", it is probably just pure fanservice for guys...-___-; (and also to clarify their relationship for some people)
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Mar 21, 2013 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
On a less serious note-

-Riri- said:
and I feel bad for Ginoza and I also think that he looks better without glasses!!!!!!! *____*

Mmm Ginoza. :3
Mar 21, 2013 11:56 AM

May 2010
I think they just added the scene with Yayoi and Shion because of what happended in episode 2. You remember where Akane walked in and both of them had to fix their clothing.
And the new Inspector is the girl from the Rikako incident on the All girls school as mentioned before.
Mar 21, 2013 11:57 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know why but I felt this episode was a let down... I was expecting something more, a lot more actually.
I guess we have an opening for a possible second season then...
"You have your way, I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 21, 2013 11:58 AM

Oct 2012
I loved the bit at the end, it showed how much Akane had grown over the series and how she was just like Ginazo(spelling?) in the first episode.
Mar 21, 2013 11:58 AM

Apr 2010
Very good show, but I feel like the ending failed to deliver.

8/10 overall.
Mar 21, 2013 12:08 PM

Feb 2012
So in the end the big dog stays the same, nothing changes. A realistic ending and a ending fitting for psycho-pass.
Mar 21, 2013 12:16 PM

Apr 2009
Anyone else reminded of Aria's ending?
Mar 21, 2013 12:17 PM

Dec 2009
rul said:
I loved the bit at the end, it showed how much Akane had grown over the series and how she was just like Ginazo(spelling?) in the first episode.

no, thats not true, Akane shows more respect to the enforcement officers, unlike Ginazo in the first ep, calling them dogs....

but well, Akane is no longer the bright and cheerful girl like in the beginning...
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Mar 21, 2013 12:24 PM

Nov 2007
So it is route one as I predicted.

There is not likely to be a second season. Because they pulled all the plugs off.

Mika is cute. Akane is the new boss. Kogami is the new prey, probably.

5/5 for the final episode. Cannot decide between a 9 or a 10 for the anime.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 21, 2013 12:48 PM

Aug 2009
The saddness in their eyes at the end T__T
Mar 21, 2013 12:49 PM

May 2011
The Loop...
The Loop is awesome. Back to square one petty much!
Shows how powerless they were. Sure, they got Makishima, but they gained nothing from it.
Sybil system is still ruling everything as if nothing happened.

BUT Kogami is still alive and pretty much.. Free from the Sybil
... for now.

Ginoza speaking to his father made my eyes wet with tears ! ='(
+ he's much better without his glasses! *-*

The ending is worthy of this show ! 9 / 10 for meh !
Mar 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Jul 2010
The endless cycle. Gives you goosebumps seeing a newbie like Akane becoming the head inspector and having a newbie come to her.
Mar 21, 2013 12:54 PM

Aug 2012
Overall good series with a satisfying ending 9/10

Mar 21, 2013 1:01 PM

May 2008
Lesbians...yes.

Mar 21, 2013 1:01 PM
Feb 2012
I'm thinking like 7.5 for the series as a whole because there were some shitty things. Guess it's an 8 for MAL system.
Mar 21, 2013 1:08 PM

Apr 2012
LESBIANS FTW

I wonder what significance the book Swann's Way has

overall 7/10 maybe 8/10

Mar 21, 2013 1:10 PM

Oct 2012
Ahh that bittersweet feeling when you finish a series.
Psycho Pass is over u.u
Makishima was killed by Kogami after all. Akane was not able to stop him.
I sort of felt sorry for Makishima at the end, the things he was saying while he was dragging himself across the field are the sad truth. I loved the background classical music. It made the scene much more glorious.

The Sybil system was taunting Akane, telling her to fight it...
At the end the cycle is repeated. Ginoza becomes an enforcer, and a new Inspector takes his place. Not an idyllic, but a very realistic ending.

Akane sure learned a lot form this past experience.
Loved the series u.u
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Mar 21, 2013 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
I'm so glad that no one else other than Makishima died. Even though I knew he was going to die, I still cried.

Gino has a mechanical arm and became an enforcer like his father, which was no surprise. I do miss his glasses though. I really miss his glasses. Come back, glasses! ;_;

Akane has really undergone some great character development over the course of the series. She's definitely my favorite character. Seeing the show end just how it began made me tear up a little.

Overall, I thought the ending was pretty good and I loved Psycho-Pass as a whole.

The very ending though. Possible hint to more Psycho-Pass in the future? I sure hope so.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Mar 21, 2013 1:14 PM

Jan 2013
I'm upset about Makishima dying that way :'( He was a glorious sob, and too bad we didn't get peek into Sasayama case more.

Needless to say I didn't expect things to end like they did, but it's not an awful ending. Like how Ginoza became more at piece with himself and his past and how Akane became all badass inspector ^^
Mar 21, 2013 1:14 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
-Riri- said:
tingy said:
Now the only thing I'm kind of wondering is the part with Yayoi and Shion? Idk it just seemed kind of random to me :/ is there some sort of significance in that scene?

as for the Yayoi and Shion" bed scene", it is probably just pure fanservice for guys...-___-; (and also to clarify their relationship for some people)

Oh yeah I forgot about that one episode. I guess clarifying it is good...but still, we never saw much development of either characters so I still don't think it's completely necessary to show it, but that's just my personal opinion :)

Bouum said:
The Loop...
The Loop is awesome. Back to square one petty much!
Shows how powerless they were. Sure, they got Makishima, but they gained nothing from it.
Sybil system is still ruling everything as if nothing happened.

Nice way to put it! It does seem like it's back to square one. I guess the anime is meant to point out the flaws and the morality behind such a system, and it's not meant to solve the problem. ^^
Mar 21, 2013 1:22 PM

Aug 2008
I just hope there is some sort of sequel. I got pretty invested in this series.

Great ending though! I'm happy things weren't rushed. The ending was a nice way of showing how people will keep fighting for justice their own way ; which was one of the central ideas of this show.

9/10 for a great experience.
Mar 21, 2013 1:25 PM

Feb 2011
Meh, personally found it boring. Was hoping for a dramatic, depressing ending. I mean, this ending was depressing in its own way, but not like I was hoping (in an everybody dying kind of way).
Mar 21, 2013 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
There's no need for second season. The ending is perfect and any more would only butch the story. I would prefer to see some spin-off with more info abot the past of secondary cast.

And yeah, at last they confirmed Shion/Yayoi relationships clearly and not by hints
Mar 21, 2013 1:27 PM

Dec 2007
giuli94 said:
I think they just added the scene with Yayoi and Shion because of what happended in episode 2. You remember where Akane walked in and both of them had to fix their clothing.

Well Shion has implied her relationship with Yayoi multiple times.

wheelock said:
On a less serious note-
-Riri- said:

Mmm Ginoza. :3

First time I actually prefer without glasses look over with glasses one.

Perfect ending IMO. Kinda like the book 1984 but tramples less on your hope since Akane was at least alive and urged to fight (might be sarcastic) by the very institution she wants to end. A stalemate.
Mar 21, 2013 1:32 PM

Jun 2009
When Ginoza said he didn't like his eyes I was like why in the world would you hate your e-- oh.
Poor thing, at least he's kind of kinder now even though the became the thing he hated the most.

I'm giving it a 9/10 and not hoping for anything else, I can perfectly live thinking that Kogami is alive somewhere and finally "free" of Sibyl.
Mar 21, 2013 1:35 PM

Jun 2009
is it just me or does anyone else too feels sorry at makishima in the end

I mean he would have died from blood loose anyways that was unessesary ;(

Anyways I loved it totally was clear that gino gets a enforcerer loved the grave moment too -- finally he had forgiven his dad totally and even took over his spot

the end was totally like akanes entering somehow i saw more feet than people came out of the car but also was a stolen scene from the first ep cause kou was totally one of them going down even so he didnt.

RIP Makishima you are the BEST VILLIAN I EVER SAW TILL NOW AND ALWAYS WILL BE
Mar 21, 2013 1:37 PM

Jan 2011
9/10 I loved the OST in this last episode. Great freaking show a sequel would be nice but I wouldn't mind if they left it as is.
[center]
Mar 21, 2013 1:39 PM

Oct 2012
Wait....

Was the new girl the schoolgirl from episode 7-9?

From the art specimen murder cases?

Anyways i don't mind a second season.

Ginoza being the male lead and Kogami being the antagonist

Jul 2012
Solid ending. Nothing groundbreaking though. Enjoyed the series overall.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 2012
Wow, this was a great ending to a brilliant anime, god the ending song is always so sad for me LOL.
All alone with you - EGOIST just too good.
Mar 21, 2013 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
Hum well... I was really quite dissatisfied with the ending...
Don't really know why... and that damn system still continues... sigh~~
Mar 21, 2013 1:43 PM

Jan 2011
Danielcook said:
Wait....

Yes, she has the same name, VA, and freckles.
[center]
Mar 21, 2013 1:45 PM

Oct 2012
VioLink said:
Danielcook said:
Wait....

Yes, she has the same name, VA, and freckles.

Shes cute. I cant wait to see her season 2!

And how the heck did the manage to get her into the bureau? Did she have a high aptitude for the mwpsb?
Mar 21, 2013 1:46 PM

Feb 2011
Predictable ending . Still , really great series , loved it . 10/10
Mar 21, 2013 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
The AkanexKougami scene was pretty nice even though it only lasted less than a second.

For some reason the ending didn't seem to be enough, for me anyway. But then again it's pretty much impossible to wrap up such an awesome series in one episode with still so many unanswered loose ends. The way it ended "Sybil still continues" gives me hope that there's going to be an OVA or a season 2.

Well, I just want Kougami back.

Mar 21, 2013 1:49 PM
Oct 2012
I want to know who the creator behind the whole Sibyl system was... probably a really interesting guy. Heh.
Mar 21, 2013 1:49 PM

Dec 2009
Awesome Fight but i still hoped till the end that amkishima doesnt die some how well if i wouldnt his brain would be a new part of the system but still why did Kougami had to shot him he was at his limits already anyways right ;(

Loved the Show and the Ending was Great too i dont think their will be a second season cause it looked like a real end to me and without the main Villian and Most of the Beloved Main Cast gone it really doesnt makes much sense the only thing i missed in the Hole show that we never saw how Kous Friend really Died
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 21, 2013 1:50 PM

Oct 2012
Stephianz said:
I want to know who the creator behind the whole Sibyl system was... probably a really interesting guy. Heh.

Its probably a war criminal. They did mention how sibyl was founded after a major war.

And yes, i wanna meet him too.
Mar 21, 2013 1:53 PM

Oct 2012
Wow that show seriously took my a back and they didn't do the standard plot change that Kogami is still alive and in the enforcers. This show seriously ended in such a way that is perfect for the show. Whether or not a second season will ever come out I don't know but they could really expand on this story.

Music- 10/10
Animation- 10/10
Plot- 9/10
Characters- 8/10
Overall- 9/10
Mar 21, 2013 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
Definitely won't be a season 2.
Mar 21, 2013 1:54 PM

Feb 2013
FUCK YES. And the new inspector is so cute, I'm hoping for a season 2.
Mar 21, 2013 1:55 PM

Oct 2010
Derp.. loved the show.

Story : 9,5
Animation : 9,5
Art : 9,5
Music/Sound : 9,5
Character : 9,5
Enjoyment : 9,3

Overall : 9,5 (gave it a 10 on MAL)
Mar 21, 2013 1:56 PM
Nov 2012
Admittedly the second half was pretty disappointing, that said this finale episode was absolutely great.
It was really good when it made me feel like I was watching the first episode again.
Cyclic justice.
Mar 21, 2013 1:56 PM

Oct 2012
Bastien said:
FUCK YES. And the new inspector is so cute, I'm hoping for a season 2.

I feel a bit sad that kagari isnt there to say "heeey cutie!"
Mar 21, 2013 2:00 PM

Oct 2011
Great end but still not satisfied, I probably want more, but is there any new material left for a sequel I wonder.
Signature
Mar 21, 2013 2:01 PM

Aug 2010
I'm suprised. The ending of Psycho-Pass was not a downer ending for once. Not only that, but the charcters that lived are doing quite good. For Urobuchi, it's quite unusual. Not a bad thing, but not what I expected.

While not the best anime I've seen, it was definitely worthwhile and intense. I hope there will be more of this universe that was wonderfully constructed.
Mar 21, 2013 2:02 PM

Sep 2012
Excellent episode! It was a good show, though not groundbreaking. I felt like it could have taken more risks in the storytelling... I was never really impressed by what I saw and I felt like it should have been longer, the character development of many characters felt rushed.

7/10.
Mar 21, 2013 2:06 PM

Dec 2011
Stupid anticlimax. Rating dropped from 9/10 to 8/10.
/人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Make a contract with me... /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
Pages (19) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

287 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

351 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2013

293 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

331 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.