Forums
New
Mar 19, 2013 1:35 PM
Jul 2012
according to the sales ?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 20, 2013 1:00 AM

Jan 2013
"the pre-orders of the blu-ray/DVD of this series isn't going very well with only around 1750 copies being sold so far. It's going to be hard to get a second season if the numbers of copies sold are less than 3.000..." thats from emptyblue.it (written 3 days ago)

(I found this on Mondaiji's facebook that could shed a bit of light from 4 days ago)

2. It's true that it ended because it's close to the Light Novel?
No, the anime ended on the 3rd Volume (half way) and currently there are 6 volumes with the 7th one due to April 1st of 2013

3. Second Season!?
No official announcements were given by Tatuno Kotubo who just greeted the staff for their hard work on animating such an awesome series in a very thigh schedule (http://bit.ly/Wt9hjb). However, we're open to a new season in a future, who knows, but obviously not for this year!

6. OVA!?
Yeah!, an OVA will be bundled with the 8th volume of the light novel.

7. How about the sales?...
They are going pretty good, every week the LNs are leading the TSUTAYA Ranking and even the Apple iBook Top Charts: http://i.imgur.com/Vfu7KNM.jpg - For those interested in the Blu-Ray/DVD Pre-Order ranking you can find it here: http://bit.ly/WiKr5v

Basically, we have an OVA this year to look forward to still. I think they will make a second season. This series got popular fast with just 10 episodes.
Mar 20, 2013 1:01 AM

Sep 2012
We don't have the figure for BD/DVD sales yet, but its boost to LN sales has been impressive.

I believe a 2nd season has been on the cards even before the season ends, given the boost to LN sales has been clear right from the beginning of the season, but of course whether it comes out true only time will tell.

BentoLegend said:
"the pre-orders of the blu-ray/DVD of this series isn't going very well with only around 1750 copies being sold so far. It's going to be hard to get a second season if the numbers of copies sold are less than 3.000..." thats from emptyblue.it (written 3 days ago)

The 3000 line is just a guess. There is no rule preventing low sales of DVD/BD from getting a second season. Kami no mizo shiru sekai or Hayate are just two good examples.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
AlfyanMar 9, 2017 5:43 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 20, 2013 2:52 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah, its just figures from a site I have no trust fully on. Given that Dog Days is lower with ratings but going into a third season.. I think Mondaiji-tachi will end up with another season. But, judging by the Facebook it won't be until close to next year or later.

Lets just look forward to the OVA coming out, and cross our fingers they announce a second season at least this fall/winter.
Mar 20, 2013 3:11 AM

Sep 2012
BentoLegend said:
Given that Dog Days is lower with ratings but going into a third season...
What ratings you are talking about I wonder? If it is TV ratings, then Dog Days shares the same lowish rating with other midnight anime including some popular titles like SAO. If you mean ratings in some anime website, we know decision of whether a 2nd season gets green light has nothing to do with such ratings, particularly those in overseas sites. And in terms of BD/DVD sales, Dog Days sold very very well -- that alone is enough reason for it to get a 2nd and then a 3rd season.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 20, 2013 9:21 AM

May 2009
There are some chance, but ssales from anime and LN must be satisfying for Kadokawa like first season of Korean Zombie.
Mar 25, 2013 4:04 PM

Nov 2008
What was the reason for them to only go for 10 episodes instead of the 12 or 13 episodes normally ordered? Because of time constraint or because it wouldn't fit the schedule otherwise?
Mar 26, 2013 5:20 AM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
What was the reason for them to only go for 10 episodes instead of the 12 or 13 episodes normally ordered? Because of time constraint or because it wouldn't fit the schedule otherwise?

Probably to rake more profit from OVA or specials?
The production team probably has predicted the low sales, so this is their strategy.
Or following SYD marketing model that bundled OVA with the manga series.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Apr 3, 2013 10:12 AM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
We don't have the figure for BD/DVD sales yet, but its boost to LN sales has been impressive.

I believe a 2nd season has been on the cards even before the season ends, given the boost to LN sales has been clear right from the beginning of the season, but of course whether it comes out true only time will tell.

This might be a little late, but just thinking through this...

The boost in LN sales will definitely help the DVD purchase cause interest in the animation goes up as the LN itself gets popular. It's natural for people to get interested in the animated version when the reviews are generally good and the LN itself is favored. That being said, once all those who bought the LN (and thus increased the LN sales) are finished with the LN, I am sure many are going to buy or at least watch the animated series. That being said, in due time, I'm sure the DvD sales are going to get a nice boost from all of this as well.

For those who don't quite get it, I'm thinking LN sales go up first because fans of a ongoing LN series tend to read ahead to know what to expect in the animated series. I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that happens to generally all LN or Manga that gain some popularity through its animated counterpart. No discredit to the LN writer though!

In any case, LN sales going up are going to help the chance for a season 2, or a 2 cour "full season." Maybe even longer, depending on the LN author and the animators in general. For better, or for worse, this series can go to the mega 200 episode series with its basic elements. Yet, let's hope, for now, for a season 2!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 3:31 PM

May 2009
With such low sales zero chances. At least OVA looks promising
Jun 11, 2013 3:48 AM

Jun 2013
I don't know about low sales killing any chances. The prevailing theory is that anime based on LN or manga are mainly used to promote the source material. So the actual sale of dvds should not be a driving factor, but the effect on the sales of the source material, in which case the Mono LNs are doing very well.

And there are also plenty of anime that sold well and had no continuation, and some that did poorly and continued.

In any case as long as the LNs do well, at least we should get a few more ova after the first, if not a second season.
Jun 17, 2013 10:24 PM
Feb 2009
hopefully there is one I really enjoyed this show
Jun 24, 2013 8:46 AM
Dec 2012
can't wait for the ova this july. i really really hope for 2nd season to watch the badass izayoi on show again.... (and if it have a chance,i want some romance for izayoi and kurousagi :) )
Jun 28, 2013 1:21 PM

Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
With such low sales zero chances. At least OVA looks promising

Quite the fanservice there I see...Asuka so cute >.< and Izayoi is sure a lucky guy to be in the hotsprings with two different girls (and possibly all the girls in this series..)

Apr 15, 2014 7:37 PM
Mar 2014
It's an amazing anime even though it's rating and sales aren't so great I hope it does
Apr 15, 2014 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
Hopefully sometime in the future. Love this anime!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2014 9:36 PM
Jul 2014
Good anime alot of potiental most interesting anime ive ever watched
Second season would be very exiting indeed:D
Jul 8, 2014 1:11 PM

Jun 2014
I also hope there will be a second season even thought we have no clue if there will be one. The fact that they stay in the 7th lvl all the times do show the potential to be a long term anime. (Haven't read the manga so no clue what's happening)
Jul 11, 2014 8:01 PM

Jan 2014
Yes plz, was so amazing to watch
Jul 11, 2014 10:29 PM

Jan 2014
I also hope there will be a 2nd season. wish it come true.
Jul 12, 2014 3:25 AM

Aug 2013
Mondaiji isn't really popular in Japan so i don't think there will be a 2nd season.
Aug 10, 2014 6:17 PM
Aug 2014
oh my god i so hope that they get a second season to this i literally just started and finished this anime today and it was so awesome!!! the main characters were so badass and hilarious it kept my eyes glued to the screen :D and the story itself was pretty interesting.
Aug 22, 2014 8:20 PM

Nov 2012
it's a shame that the anime didn't sell well, so probably there won't be a 2nd season.

Mondaiji is actually one of the few LNs that I like. The story is well written, good world building and lovable characters. There's no harem, no school life, no romance.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
AlfyanMar 9, 2017 5:56 PM
Aug 29, 2014 7:18 AM

Aug 2013
Kuro_Kishi said:
it's a shame that the anime didn't sell well, so probably there won't be a 2nd season.

Mondaiji is actually one of the few LNs that I like. The story is well written, good world building and lovable characters. There's no harem, no school life, no romance.

Mondaiji didn't have much fanservice moments(shipping teases, fanservicey illustrations, etc..) like most LNs in the same category (fantasy world with young protagonists)

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.
AlfyanMar 9, 2017 5:57 PM
Nov 2, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2014
Sadly,I'ts not realy popular in Japan,but I would love a second season.

I think theres like a 50/50 chance of a second season,I guess sales in US might help.So we will see.
Nov 2, 2014 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
Considering the sales are pretty poor the chance are very little, but I also hope for it getting a second season as well
Nov 3, 2014 8:02 AM

Sep 2011
This series was and still is criminally underrated. Haven't wanted a second season so much since I saw Legend of Legendary Heroes. I got the same vibe from both of those. I think the reason this didn't do as well is because it isn't a mindless fanservice anime like SAO. People want shitty shows and they get them :(

Also there needs to be a surge of bunny girls in anime.

Jan 1, 2015 7:33 PM

Aug 2013
Just finished watching this. It's a few weeks shy of its original airing date 2 years ago.

Sadly, after 2 years and no announcement I don't have my hopes up.

It's a damn shame too, this was really fucking good.
Jan 6, 2015 6:04 PM

Nov 2014
I have just finished watching this as well, but sadly it has been 2 years since its original airing date and still no news. Its really a shame because I feel they haven't even really started their adventure, so I was really hoping for a season 2.
Jan 10, 2015 4:17 PM

Dec 2013
Definitely possible. I'm not sure how much material the source has atm but Mondaiji was only 10 episodes.
Jan 10, 2015 5:01 PM

May 2012
They will most likely not make a season 2 for mondaiji-tachi. Second seasons are based off of how popular it is and the sales. Neither of which were all that great.

If you want to read the LN, they currently have translated 8 of the volumes so far at Baka-Tsuki. The anime stops after volume 1 and 2.

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Mondaiji-tachi_ga_isekai_kara_kuru_soudesu_yo
Jan 10, 2015 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
The LN got a decent boost of sale IIRC, which is what really matters. Furthermore, the next few volumes are less dense in content (which is a good thing as the first two were quite bad due to that problem) so it could be fairly easy to adapt the next arc (3 volumes) in one cour. So yes, they may do that after a while to boost the sales again. There's more chance that it doesn't happen than the contrary, but chances of this happening are definitely not zero.

hhitagi said:
Definitely possible. I'm not sure how much material the source has atm but Mondaiji was only 10 episodes.

There's more than enough enough material available for around 2 more cours and several OAD for side stories volumes on top of this, so no problem on that point.
Jan 10, 2015 6:55 PM

Feb 2013
1,934 sales and made by Diomedia which means no

also no game no life was better
Jan 10, 2015 7:11 PM

Mar 2012
Sales is low because Japan got shit taste with girls.

Yet, Mondaiji is way better than NGNL.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Jan 10, 2015 8:31 PM

Mar 2014
Probably not.
It's like Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru or NouCome for short.
Both 10 episodes, and it seems like they were made to increase their corresponding light novel's popularity.

Also, neither sold very well.
Jan 11, 2015 3:19 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Moved.
Jan 11, 2015 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
romagia said:
1,934 sales and made by Diomedia which means no

also no game no life was better

I thought people by now knew that for LN adaptation, the consequences on the LN sales were more an indicator than the DVD/BD sales were. Because the question isn't to know if the studio sold enough to want to make a sequel, but to know if the publisher of the LN is satisfied of the result of using anime to advertise the series of LN. If they are, they may make a request to a studio for a sequel. if they aren't, no matter how good the anime sold, you'll probably never see a sequel.
Jan 28, 2015 2:47 PM

Aug 2014
I'd love another season. Really enjoyed this.
Feb 8, 2015 6:41 AM

Nov 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Just finished watching this. It's a few weeks shy of its original airing date 2 years ago.

Sadly, after 2 years and no announcement I don't have my hopes up.

It's a damn shame too, this was really fucking good.
Agree with you fully, really liked it, seems like it just really started =/
Feb 13, 2015 8:20 AM

Aug 2013
For some odd reason, I feel like this show was just to really advertise the LN to boost those sales. After almost 2 years of it originally airing, its probably gonna be a 30% chance that it gets a new season at this point with it reducing by the month. Although, I would absolutely love a new season. It felt like things were just getting pushed into motion.
Mar 3, 2015 6:40 AM

Jan 2013
Its a shame we probably will never see a season 2 for this
Mar 9, 2015 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
very nice anime!! hope it will have a season 2

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
AlfyanMar 9, 2017 6:03 PM
Mar 11, 2015 8:06 PM

Dec 2012
I'd prefer an outright remake. I like the concept and there were aspects that shined through, but overall it felt like an incoherent mess with extremely poor pacing which I can bet was due to the 10 episode choice. I wasn't a fan of Izayoi though, outside of battles he was cool but in them it was like watching someone throw eggs against a brick wall. Everything he touched was splattered.
Mar 12, 2015 2:52 AM

Jan 2014
Rhapsody- said:

Both animes are very good, they have their fail and their good stuff, but you made ir appear that NGNL was a Masterpiece and Mondaiji a piece of crap to its side...
Both had 10 episodes,10 episodes not nearly enough for proper character development...10 episodes also not good enough to call something masterpiece and be a fan...And with the little time they had NGNL's focus on unique and funny games rather than plot worked better...According to stuff dragoonluna said,Mondaji anime seems to waste its potential...Both need second season to evaluate better...
Mar 14, 2015 9:02 AM

Aug 2013
loneywizard said:
Rhapsody- said:

Both animes are very good, they have their fail and their good stuff, but you made ir appear that NGNL was a Masterpiece and Mondaiji a piece of crap to its side...
Both had 10 episodes,10 episodes not nearly enough for proper character development...10 episodes also not good enough to call something masterpiece and be a fan...And with the little time they had NGNL's focus on unique and funny games rather than plot worked better...According to stuff dragoonluna said,Mondaji anime seems to waste its potential...Both need second season to evaluate better...

True. Actually i think Mondaiji anime is basically just a prologue for the mega events in later volumes.

As for NGNL, they're pretty much the same so far (excluding the latest volume).
Mar 29, 2015 6:51 PM
Jun 2013
Still sad that there is no Mondaiji season two in sight ever ;_;
Apr 3, 2015 4:54 PM
Sep 2014
Probably not. I honestly doubt we will see second season. I didnt read any, but my guess this is adaptation of manga, and since manga has status FINISHED and novel PUBLISHING i guess they are not the same and with that we got the ending of this show. Maybe, just maybe we see another ova or movie after they finish novel. But hey, i can be wrong.

Its a shame that bad ass op MC never gets a sequel. I really enjoyed this show and i find it refreshing after all thoese wimpy action MC's out there.
Apr 14, 2015 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
NaCro said:
Probably not. I honestly doubt we will see second season. I didnt read any, but my guess this is adaptation of manga, and since manga has status FINISHED and novel PUBLISHING i guess they are not the same and with that we got the ending of this show. Maybe, just maybe we see another ova or movie after they finish novel. But hey, i can be wrong.

Its a shame that bad ass op MC never gets a sequel. I really enjoyed this show and i find it refreshing after all thoese wimpy action MC's out there.

The manga however goes beyond the point of where the anime ended so perhaps not all hope is lost.
Apr 14, 2015 2:34 PM
Mar 2015
olha2 said:
NaCro said:

The manga however goes beyond the point of where the anime ended so perhaps not all hope is lost.

You talking about the spin off? Z only did events that were mentioned as passing thought by the characters and the official manga just went up to the defeat of Grim Grimoire Hamilin. Though the official manga is more of a true to adaptation of the light novels but it seemed to have tried to make Asuka the main protagonist. Which makes sense in a way as Volume 2 followed her character development and volumes 3 and 4 would follow You....Izayoi wouldn't get development until at least Volume 8....

But yeah if a second season was made, 3-5 would be adapted and we would see the awe so amazing Faceless who fought evenly with Izayoi in a short story. XD And she didn't even go all out. The skilled warrior beat the OP badass.
Apr 16, 2015 6:45 AM

Jul 2014
dragoonluna said:

But yeah if a second season was made, 3-5 would be adapted and we would see the awe so amazing Faceless who fought evenly with Izayoi in a short story. XD And she didn't even go all out. The skilled warrior beat the OP badass.
You just spoiled something really amazing, I hate you.[/quote]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

196 by Fazewally »»
Apr 2, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2013

348 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 10, 2023 6:17 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2013

128 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 6, 2023 10:24 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2013

111 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:21 PM

Poll: » Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

110 by OutOfGalaxy »»
Nov 4, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.