Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 17, 2013 6:28 AM
Sep 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

RIP HONOKA

bippoMar 17, 2013 6:36 AM
Mar 17, 2013 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
Yes yes yes, Live event !!!

No no no, it rains !!!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear what happened to Honoka !!!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 17, 2013 7:26 AM

Apr 2011
Awesome performance!

Oh dear....NO! HONOKA!!!
Mar 17, 2013 7:35 AM

Nov 2008
Very good live performance

Honoka has a strong will and is reckless to be performing in heavy rain and with a fever and dizziness. Honoka did faint after the performance but it was done so overdramatically that it felt worse than it really is.

Mar 17, 2013 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
Honoka treated like a kitten LOL

Bonus:

The third single of insert song has a PV now!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Mar 17, 2013 10:58 AM

Dec 2012
The CG is largely un-noticeable in the PV. The song is very easy to the ears since all that chipmunkings are lowered in favor for the more pleasant singing voices. Dance moves are more creative and camera angles are good as well.

Honoka-chan, noooooo :( Kotori has a big decision with that letter. I'm speculating that her father wants her to move overseas. I'm waiting for subs to continue my thoughts :)

Also.

Groping is back!!

ThangLongMar 17, 2013 11:02 AM
Mar 17, 2013 11:53 AM

Feb 2008
Good song I didn't actually expect Honoka to finish the performance at all with that fever, but it was predictable she would overdone herself.

Do some running in the rain was such a bad idea to do, if she actually rest she could at least be better at performance, but once she has decide to do it she won't give up practice, well that's both of her good and bad part thought.

R.I.P Honoka

Preview: Tomodachi!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 17, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2010
We will always remember you Honoka...

Okay, she'll be alright but man, Honoka was just asking for it performing out in the rain not 100%.
Mar 17, 2013 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Another bots dancing, this time it's for the first episode PV

Love Live!'s Cosplay idol group.

Mar 17, 2013 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
^ The cosplay group got the full dance routine in one take. Impressive. And they danced this whole thing in ZERO Celsius temperature. All the more kudos to them!

Mar 17, 2013 1:33 PM

Dec 2012
symbv said:
And they danced this whole thing in ZERO Celsius temperature.

Honoka's enthusiasm probably got to them :) Seeing her collapsed in this episode in the other hand.... >_< Don't overdo it girls
Mar 17, 2013 4:17 PM

Sep 2007
Omaishit... don't die, Honoka!! ;.;
Really good song, once again!
Mar 17, 2013 5:26 PM

Sep 2010
I hope they get 2nd chance
Mar 17, 2013 5:26 PM

Nov 2011
Too much screen time for Niko

Rank 19 huh? Not too shabby.

>Oh yay!
>Oh yay!
>Oh Yay!

Damn, I hope Honoka will be alright..nice performance though under the rain.
Mar 17, 2013 5:39 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Not happy.
Mar 17, 2013 6:09 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Honoka treated like a kitten LOL

LOL I love that scene! :D

Honoka if only you didn't jog on that rainy night before your big day... :( You're overdoing it, Hun! D: I was actually feeling very nervous while watching their live performance during the rain. (That was a very nice song, btw.) They managed to finish the first song completely but Honoka collapsed soon after... ;__; I'm sure she'll be fine (saw her in preview) but I guess this means their performance will be cut off? >_<
Mar 17, 2013 7:29 PM

Nov 2010
Uwah... It's one of those episodes that you know what's going to happen, but you can't help but feel worried throughout the whole performance.

There is a mix of relief and unhappiness here ._.', relief that at least the first song went through okay, but unhappy with the fact the whole performance was watched with thinking 'Oh shoot... when is she going to collapse...?'

Honoka's pushiness was upped by several times over ._.' to the point she seemed oblivious to everything around her @_@'. Well considering their unstable rank, it can't be helped.
Mar 17, 2013 7:35 PM

Feb 2012
Damn it, you had one job Honoka! You just had to go out in the rain :(
Mar 17, 2013 7:51 PM

Jul 2011
aww poor Honoka got sick on the worst of days :(...

But who would give up after coming that far. like she said.
Mar 17, 2013 8:00 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode as always.
Though running late at night in the rain the day before the performance wouldn't have helped even if Honoka didn't get sick
Mar 17, 2013 8:52 PM

Aug 2012
Another great episode! Looking forward to the next episode with the mystery around Kotori's letter.
Mar 17, 2013 9:13 PM
Sep 2012
Such a great episode and so much bad luck for them. I was laughing at everyone blaming Niko for not getting the auditorium and it sucks that it rains on the very day they preform. It was obvious that Honoka wouldn't to Umi's advice and get sick in the end. That girl really is passionate and has a good heart, but she isn't very smart.

That performance was amazing and was nice too, but I couldn't help thinking how dangerous it was for them to perform in the open in heavy rain. They could've slipped or have gotten electrocuted from all the equipment laying around.

Can't wait to find out what's so important in Kotori's letter that she would leave the group.
Mar 17, 2013 9:32 PM

Mar 2008
Every anime character should know that rain is poison to them. I don't recall in recent anime anytime where a character went out in the rain, or got wet, that they then got sick.
Mar 17, 2013 9:47 PM

Nov 2010
razisgosu said:
Every anime character should know that rain is poison to them. I don't recall in recent anime anytime where a character went out in the rain, or got wet, that they then got sick.

lol..! At least Honoka has some build up to it xD. Cutting on sleep for days, overworking and practicing more than she should, and finally deciding to practice in the rain soaking wet ._. ... She was asking to get sick with that development ^^'
Mar 17, 2013 10:09 PM
Sep 2010
^ High chance it will get 2nd season ....almost definite. I dont see how it cant get 2nd season with its popularity ~~

Anyway, I have mix feeling for this episode. They overdid Honoka part which made me worry about her on Cultural Festival >.< ...But when she jog during the rain...Im like " Ah come on, why do you do this, go back !! " What crap is this overdoing plot u.u ....

Until the song part, im shock on how well Honoka sing and how well they made it ~ I also can hear improvement for every1 !! imo

Nevertheless, I expect Honoka will faint halfway - -
Mar 17, 2013 11:52 PM
Nov 2012
The upcoming episode title of 'Friends' isn't very assuring on whether it's going to be a happy one or a sad one.

Why couldn't everything just go smoothly?
;_;
Mar 18, 2013 1:17 AM

Apr 2011
Goodness Honoka! You overdid yourself this time. At least she'll be fine next episode.

The moment she got colds, I got really worried. Also, Kotori's letter added more to the
problem. Which could possibly be a opportunity to live abroad from her father.

Thought. I love the lottery scene as I was laughing a lot on that part.

I'm hoping for a 2nd season as well. It's just too short to finish
it in 13 episodes. This still has a big potential and there's lots more to explore.
Like more info about the settings, meeting and interacting with other school idols like A-RISE, and more hilarious scenes.
MagitoMar 18, 2013 1:20 AM
Mar 18, 2013 8:16 AM

Sep 2012
Watched the THIRD time, and time to give a few more comments:

AiCon said:
I was laughing at everyone blaming Niko for not getting the auditorium
I counted it lasted 45 seconds for that scene and I must have repeated it 8 or 9 times as the animation of the girls' face with the amazing soundtrack is so epic !! X-D

AiCon said:
it sucks that it rains on the very day they preform.
It really got you grabbing your seat when you really worried if the girls, particularly Honoka, might just slip or fall at any moment.

AiCon said:
It was obvious that Honoka wouldn't to Umi's advice and get sick in the end.
I checked the Japanese forum and the common view is that Honoka's behavior has a lot to do with Kotori's being distracted by her own issue. In fact this episode can be said to shed some good light on the relationship between the three in second year -- One way to see it is that Honoka is ever the passionate charger while Umi acts like the brake urging caution and Kotori breaks any stalemate by leaning towards one side or another, thus steering the direction of the trio. In this episode, Kotori was too distracted to fulfill such role, and thus Honoka was left at her own device. In a way, we can say that Kotori's issue serves an important role in the story in this episode.

Also it is refreshing to see that the ever-successful Honoka, who manages to get everyone to follow her lead with her passion and enthusiasm, is also shown there is a limit of how much pure gung-ho enthusiasm can go.

AiCon said:
Can't wait to find out what's so important in Kotori's letter that she would leave the group.
Just when I thought the hint of the airmail at the ending of ep.9 has gone nowhere, it came back with a vengeance in this episode. The common guess is that it is about a chance to go overseas to study.

Mar 18, 2013 8:29 AM

Jan 2011
This episode was really, really stupid imo. I seriously facepalmed myself at the ending. Can it be even more predictable? The girls will probably all be "oeh noes" when they hear about Kotori's decision, but in the end – after a lot of crying – she'll decide to stay because friends > everything...
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 18, 2013 8:45 AM

Dec 2012
^ It is generic, yes. But watching any slice of life these days is like watching reruns of It's A Wonderful Life. Any unique plot materials have been explored to death so what's matter now is the execution. Kotori will stay, but how it will play out in the next episode may not be worthy of facepalming like you think. Love live! has kept its quality consistence until now. I have fate in its director.
Mar 18, 2013 9:10 AM

Nov 2009
Great Episode and Brilliant song!!!

As soon as Honoka went jogging in the rain it was obvious what was going to happen. I understand her enthusiasm but she needs to know when to rest but I wonder what will happen though....

We also get to see Kotori's problem but we all know what she plans to do but I wonder how the staff of Sunrise is going to portray this?

Nevertheless an enjoyable episode and looking forward to next episode!!

5/5

Mar 18, 2013 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
ThangLong said:
^ It is generic, yes. But watching any slice of life these days is like watching reruns of It's A Wonderful Life. Any unique plot materials have been explored to death so what's matter now is the execution. Kotori will stay, but how it will play out in the next episode may not be worthy of facepalming like you think. Love live! has kept its quality consistence until now.
Very much so. People who seek big surprises in story should not watch slice-of-life anime. The focus should always be on the execution not what kind of twist is round the corner.

Mar 18, 2013 9:45 AM

Jun 2010
That was expected. Dumb Honoka. Well, I'm glad she didn't ruin the first song.

Lol at first post.
Mar 18, 2013 10:06 AM

Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:

Lol at first post.

Yeah, what's happened to that one? Lol
Mar 18, 2013 10:27 AM

May 2012
lol at 1st post.. i thought theres nothing in there, but when i **** it there it goes..
U'll always in their heart not mine, she died at age of 16 too early T_T..

edit: i censor the secret :D
Dark_MessiahMar 18, 2013 10:35 AM

Mar 18, 2013 10:32 AM

Dec 2012
^ shhhh.... you should not spell out the secret :)

Edit: Instead of censoring the secret, you can make it like the secret itself :))
ThangLongMar 18, 2013 11:08 AM
Mar 18, 2013 10:39 AM

Aug 2008
Honoka?

Honoka?!

HONOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

It's over. She's dead. FUCKIN WHY. NO ONE MESSES WITH THE CLIQUE.
destructo22Mar 18, 2013 10:46 AM
Mar 18, 2013 11:31 AM

Oct 2011
The song was nice, the outfits were fantastic, the dancing.. not so much. This episode was getting on my nerves.. well more specifically..

Honoka is the only annoying girl of the group. I don't feel bad that she got sick whatsoever, she was asking for it and ruined it for everyone else by being selfish. You gotta be really dumb to think you can go without rest and think everything is gonna be ok. Typical female lead character.

Also, overdramatic dying scene.. wtf? xDD
Mar 18, 2013 11:37 AM

Sep 2012
Erzaa said:
Honoka is the only annoying girl of the group. I don't feel bad that she got sick whatsoever, she was asking for it and ruined it for everyone else by being selfish. You gotta be really dumb to think you can go without rest and think everything is gonna be ok. Typical female lead character.
As much as you make some good points here, I can hardly call a girl who tries to go a bit further to improve herself, given she shoulders the responsibility as the center, iis a selfish act instead of an act based ultimately on her wish for her team's success. Overestimation of her strength and ability, yes; Selfish? Most definitely no.

Mar 18, 2013 12:03 PM
Feb 2012
I'm actually glad to see a little drama in Love Live. Everything went too smoothly until now and judging by real life idols that's just not realistic. Speaking of which, I also do not expect muse to win the Love Live! contest. They'll without a doubt fare very well but I don't see the girls winning such a big event on their first try.
That aside, I wonder what Kotori might be up to. Whatever her secret is, it seems to be a big chance for her. Maybe she got some offer for a foreign job due to her maid role? Either way, to me Kotori doesn't look like she really wants to leave. More so, I'm fairly sure that she wants to hear her mom and friends tell her to say (which is how it all will take place anyway in my eyes). I'd preferably have only Honoka tell her at first and then have the others join. That would give the situation more impact. Apropos Honoka... she clearly overdid it this time. Going out running during rain on the night before the festival? Really, miss lead vocal? That's not how a leader is supposed to act. Hopefully she'll learn from her mistake.

And to have this little post end on a positive note -- the song was, as always, absolutely wonderful.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 18, 2013 12:14 PM

Dec 2012
Honoka is dead! omfg
Mar 18, 2013 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
Erzaa said:

Honoka is the only annoying girl of the group. I don't feel bad that she got sick whatsoever, she was asking for it and ruined it for everyone else by being selfish You gotta be really dumb to think you can go without rest and think everything is gonna be ok. Typical female lead

Selfish?! I'm sorry Erzaa, I know you did not mean it but selfishness is not a description for Honoka. I know why some people may call her that though.

Believe me when I say there are many people in real life just like her. I once knew with a manager who, just like Honoka, worked 200% days and nights for the sake of the organization. She asked little in returns, no pay raise, no nothing. She worked because she believed in the organization and its future. All of her subordinates understood that. But because she pushed them to work hard, at the same time claimed many reponsibilities to herself, they all thought that she was being bossy and selfish, while in fact she was being selfless. This resulted in her leaving the organization in bitterness.

Why? Just like Honoka, the manager stood out too much. It is human nature to suspect and jealous of a person who stands out. This leads to the misunderstanding that such person only out there for selfish reasons while in fact it is the opposite

In Honoka case, she was doing all that for the team, not because she wanted to be the best dancer nor the most noticable girl. Eri's statment "you need to do twice as hard as everyone" probably got to her. Honoka fault was to push too much into herself. But never once did making herself the center of attention crossed her mind. You may recall eariler episode when she rejected being the center and leader. This is the action of a selfless person, not the other way around.

Edit: Thinking about it a bit more, I would say an example you are looking for is Haruhi Suzumiya. While liking her character, Haruhi's behaviors in several episodes in her series are not cool. She forced her wills on other people regardless of their feelings. Now that is selfish.
ThangLongMar 18, 2013 1:36 PM
Mar 18, 2013 1:14 PM

Feb 2011

Looked so damn well in that
Mar 18, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2012
It's pretty amazing that Honoka actually lasted for a song.. Oh no I really hope they will be fine. Why do they always have to use this kind of plot? ><
Mar 18, 2013 2:51 PM

May 2010
Stark700 said:
Too much screen time for Niko

Rank 19 huh? Not too shabby.

>Oh yay!
>Oh yay!
>Oh Yay!

Damn, I hope Honoka will be alright..nice performance though under the rain.

this and damn that one catchy song.
Mar 18, 2013 6:14 PM

Jan 2013
OMG Honoka is down!!!
Come on Muse go for it!!!
Kotori is making a big decision!!
Mar 18, 2013 6:36 PM

Sep 2011
Got chills right before the performance, what an episode! Loved the ending as well even though it was pretty predictable. xD

UnbornMVs said:

Looked so damn well in that

Fking sexy as hell.
Mar 18, 2013 9:40 PM

Jul 2009
Erzaa said:
The song was nice, the outfits were fantastic, the dancing.. not so much. This episode was getting on my nerves.. well more specifically..

Also, overdramatic dying scene.. wtf? xDD

must be nice not studying much, not working much, not doing anything much. AMIRIGHT?! LOOOOOL. leaders are a different species. peasants will never understand. jajaja. flexingmyspectacularmuscles.jpg
Mar 18, 2013 11:41 PM

Apr 2011
Honestly, I got really worried and panic inside upon reading at the first post. My heart jump a little. >_<

Dammit!
Mar 19, 2013 8:56 AM
Jul 2012
so are we sure only 2 episode left? that's not true rite? I mean we dont even see the LoveLive tournament yet..and what about their plan to save the school and all

it has to be more, I know it will....r-rite (._.)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 22, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2013

204 by SaltyCookie »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.