Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 19, 2013 7:28 PM
Oct 2012
Veretax said:
Kobato shows another side. So now I'm wondering, what's going on between the siblings, or what happened in their childhood to make them this way.

Mother dying, similar to Yozora, Kodaka is afraid of intimacy because he is afraid of being hurt. Better to keep things light.

As for Kobato, I think Kodaka's intimacy issues have rubbed off on her. She is extremely afraid that he is going to abandon her, and that thought terrifies her.
Mar 19, 2013 8:31 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:

Luxanna said:

That's not what I meant. I mean that he should NOT have pretended to be oblivious to those advances because doing so has evidently caused a great deal of confusion. I was referring to misunderstandings on the parts of the characters in the series, not the audience.

That would make matters worse..

Not true, it would break down those barriers that are keeping them from being friends, even though the basically are. I see it as basically everyone after Kodaka is the elephant in the room, once thats acknowledged they can air out all the dirty laundry, cry about it, realize how silly it was and move on.

By the way, do you guys think there's really going to be a season 3? Looks like everything can be solved by ep 13. And besides i noticed the critic reviews weren't the most favorable, though i love this series dearly, I can see why. I can't tell since its still airing but in general is this a popular series?
Ari-UnnieMar 19, 2013 8:38 PM
Mar 19, 2013 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
Tepes973 said:
tsudecimo said:

Luxanna said:

That's not what I meant. I mean that he should NOT have pretended to be oblivious to those advances because doing so has evidently caused a great deal of confusion. I was referring to misunderstandings on the parts of the characters in the series, not the audience.

Not true, it would break down those barriers that are keeping them from being friends, even though the basically are. I see it as basically everyone after Kodaka is the elephant in the room, once thats acknowledged they can air out all the dirty laundry, cry about it, realize how silly it was and move on.

People love to talk out of their ass...
Sure because Yozora would be okay with Kodaka being with anyone other than her are you kidding me? Yozora made the whole club for the sake of being close to Kodaka again just hearing he and Sena were engaged made her depressed as hell
or if Yozora get picked Sena wouldn't be happy about that and most likely not come to the club anymore .
Having Kodaka feign ignorance is what keeping this club together since he is like the center of it and keeping the club together is what important to him.
Mar 19, 2013 10:10 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, that last scene was pure gold :3
Mar 19, 2013 10:37 PM
Aug 2012
Tepes973 said:
tsudecimo said:

Luxanna said:

By the way, do you guys think there's really going to be a season 3? Looks like everything can be solved by ep 13. And besides i noticed the critic reviews weren't the most favorable, though i love this series dearly, I can see why. I can't tell since its still airing but in general is this a popular series?

The last volume has been delayed if i am not mistaken so if they aren't going for an original ending there is a good chance for season 3. They won't be able to solve matters this season........maybe they can finish up to vol 8 (that's what i think).

Also your idea about the elephant is totally wrong. Yozora wouldn't really be dancing around and wish Kodaka and Sena a happy life if they become a couple would she? It's a scene that's impossible for now. Same can be said about the others.

Mar 19, 2013 11:17 PM

Apr 2011
What a rich episode this one, now I can freely give an 8 to this show.
Mar 20, 2013 1:53 PM

May 2012
If Rika isn't the best girl by now....
Mar 20, 2013 6:18 PM

Dec 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

The last volume has been delayed if i am not mistaken so if they aren't going for an original ending there is a good chance for season 3. They won't be able to solve matters this season........maybe they can finish up to vol 8 (that's what i think).

Also your idea about the elephant is totally wrong. Yozora wouldn't really be dancing around and wish Kodaka and Sena a happy life if they become a couple would she? It's a scene that's impossible for now. Same can be said about the others.

Of course they wouldn't be happy about it but i mean come on they'll get over it like moves on, what ur gonna live ur whole life in regret because u didn’t go out with tht one guy in hs? If Yozora really values him as a person rather than her ex bff then yea it will hurt for a while but she'll get over it, they all will. Its not like he’s the only thing in ther lives. Yozora has her plans for world domination, Sena has her beauty luck and fortune, Yukimura has becoming a man, and Rika has science.
Wat I’m trying to say is that ther all so concerned with beating out each other and winning his affection (besides Rika) that they're forgetting to actually get closer to him. People hav a tendency to set up barriers around people they like. I'm not saying its completely preventing them from getting closer, but it certainly is something that should being addressed rather than just dancing around it. The only one who could really be considered a close friend to him no matter how much he cares about them all is Rika, that’s only because she sees him as more than just a potential bf. Something’s gotta giv, its inevitable eventually, otherwise they’re just gonna keep each ther at arm’s reach the whole time together, thts something to regret.
Im not saying they should jump straight to it, no matter the ending they r gonna hav to solve Yozora's insecurities. Love and pain go hand and hand, u hav to experience one to truly no the other. My point is whatever happens its gotta. It gets better in time, unless its a mello drama then nobody wins.
I could be wrong, ur right. its just one perspective ^.^
Mar 20, 2013 6:45 PM

Jul 2011
ok even though i don't like his decision i understand it i mean all of his friends are girls who all have feelings towards him if he were to choose a girl the other girl's would be depressed or jealous and friendship is more important to him than having a girlfriend even if he like's a particular girl more that's why he play's ignorant

also i think kobato is really like sena yeah she is really popular but doesn't feel like she has friends and i think that scene with her and maria was to cute <3
Mar 20, 2013 6:51 PM

Jul 2011
Tepes973 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Of course they wouldn't be happy about it but i mean come on they'll get over it like moves on, what ur gonna live ur whole life in regret because u didn’t go out with tht one guy in hs? If Yozora really values him as a person rather than her ex bff then yea it will hurt for a while but she'll get over it, they all will. Its not like he’s the only thing in ther lives. Yozora has her plans for world domination, Sena has her beauty luck and fortune, Yukimura has becoming a man, and Rika has science.
Wat I’m trying to say is that ther all so concerned with beating out each other and winning his affection (besides Rika) that they're forgetting to actually get closer to him. People hav a tendency to set up barriers around people they like. I'm not saying its completely preventing them from getting closer, but it certainly is something that should being addressed rather than just dancing around it. The only one who could really be considered a close friend to him no matter how much he cares about them all is Rika, that’s only because she sees him as more than just a potential bf. Something’s gotta giv, its inevitable eventually, otherwise they’re just gonna keep each ther at arm’s reach the whole time together, thts something to regret.
Im not saying they should jump straight to it, no matter the ending they r gonna hav to solve Yozora's insecurities. Love and pain go hand and hand, u hav to experience one to truly no the other. My point is whatever happens its gotta. It gets better in time, unless its a mello drama then nobody wins.
I could be wrong, ur right. its just one perspective ^.^

i agree with your perspective when everyone know's the elephant in the room but nobody addresse's it than everyone's just pretending and that can hurt more than getting denied by a boy.. i feel like even if he denies all of them they can move on and still be friends even if it take's time.
Mar 20, 2013 7:09 PM

Dec 2012
mrzkitty said:

i agree with your perspective when everyone know's the elephant in the room but nobody addresse's it than everyone's just pretending and that can hurt more than getting denied by a boy.. i feel like even if he denies all of them they can move on and still be friends even if it take's time.

My point exactly, regretting not taking the chance hurts worse then rejection, at least u tried and did the most u could for wat u wanted, at least tht gives u closure. the latter tho, thats a lot harder to get over.
Mar 21, 2013 8:18 AM
Aug 2012
Tepes973 said:
mrzkitty said:

My point exactly, regretting not taking the chance hurts worse then rejection, at least u tried and did the most u could for wat u wanted, at least tht gives u closure. the latter tho, thats a lot harder to get over.

I added the part "for now" for i reason. He doesn't want to destroy the peace and he isn't ignorant about it either. Everything could be ok or could be destroyed in an instance. Besides Kodaka doesn't show much romantic interest in any of them for the moment. In his opinion "How can he have a girlfriend when he doesn't have any friends?". He also needs to sort out his feelings. Being rejected because of his looks, always being alone isn't easy. So it's not exactly easy to simply take that risk which could destroy the club. It would like destroying everything he always wanted with his own hands. I am not actually disagreeing with your opinion but it's the way i see it. Your theory about the elephant wouldn't be possible in their current state.

Well they could always go for the harem end and add Aoi there. She is the only person who complimented Kodaka's looks unlike the others. Just saying.

Mar 21, 2013 12:12 PM

Dec 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I added the part "for now" for i reason. He doesn't want to destroy the peace and he isn't ignorant about it either. Everything could be ok or could be destroyed in an instance. Besides Kodaka doesn't show much romantic interest in any of them for the moment. In his opinion "How can he have a girlfriend when he doesn't have any friends?". He also needs to sort out his feelings. Being rejected because of his looks, always being alone isn't easy. So it's not exactly easy to simply take that risk which could destroy the club. It would like destroying everything he always wanted with his own hands. I am not actually disagreeing with your opinion but it's the way i see it. Your theory about the elephant wouldn't be possible in their current state.

Well they could always go for the harem end and add Aoi there. She is the only person who complimented Kodaka's looks unlike the others. Just saying.

Yea tru i agree with the for now. I just meant is as in a boiling pot with the lid covering over it, even if nothing changed n this went on forever someone wud explode from the build up, like wen bullied kids go crazy after crushing all ther emotions.
I disagree on the romantic interest part tho, i think he's just in denial. And i don't see the harem ending as possible ( yea it could happen but i wouldnt like it >.<) n the friends thing, he does hav friends, he noes it he's just too started to admit it.
I really wanna see a Sena or Rika (even tho its not likely) ending.
Ari-UnnieMar 21, 2013 12:15 PM
Mar 21, 2013 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
The last scene made me happy and sad, good episode.
Mar 22, 2013 2:11 PM

Nov 2009
So it seems like Rika is related to the student council president in some way, and it doesn't look like a good relation...
Mar 23, 2013 7:37 AM
Jan 2011

Whoa, nice Yozura butt.
Mar 23, 2013 4:05 PM

Mar 2013
A bit surprising change of pace at the end. Well good to know that he has known their feelings all the way though.
"Someone you meet can always change your life"
Mar 25, 2013 7:20 PM
Mar 2009
Lol, it's rare to see Sena not take her gloating over the top which would usually result in a flyswatter slap from Yozora.

Dat WcDonalds.

Seems like Kobato and Maria became fast friends. Looks like Maria even got a bit jealous there.

And Rika finally dropped the bomb. Of course Kodaka just denies it like a bawss idiot. I get why he's scared of change, but this won't last forever unless you guys take the next step.

Wow, anime is moving fast. Might actually see something that Baka-Tsuki didn't get to translate yet. Excite!
Mar 26, 2013 4:01 PM

Mar 2013
That ending was completely unexpected...
Mar 29, 2013 8:53 AM

Jul 2008
I loved the way they handeled this with him basically admitting he's purposely ignoring the advances of the girls.

Mar 31, 2013 11:07 PM

Mar 2010
What! A main harem lead who isn't completely oblivious is that possible? He certainly had me fooled at least 90% of the time lol

"I am the bone of my sword,
Steel is my body and Fire is my blood,
I have created over a thousand blades,
Unknown to Death,
Nor known to Life,
Have withstood pain to create many weapons,
Yet, those hands will never hold anything,
So as I pray, unlimited blade works"
Apr 7, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
ah..I need to go to sleep now :) great episode it make sense now that kodaka knows everyone feeling

note : also I just understand the OP song meaning when I see the last minutes of the episode around 23:42 - 23:50

lyrics : be my friend , even if you pretend you don't know
be my side , I know you already realize it

^^
Apr 13, 2013 2:37 PM
Jul 2018
I hope kodaka stop acting dense.
May 16, 2013 4:32 PM
Nov 2007
I just watched this episode and I was actually surprised Rika would bring Kodaka down to earth about all the problems he was having. Rika was able to see through Kodaka's minimization and cover-up attempts.

While I agree with most people that Kodaka wants to keep everything in balance, the truth is, this Neighbor's Club is not going to last forever. If he keeps everything the way it is currently, he will be end up back at ground zero with no friends.

I could see signs of his denial with how he dealt with Sena in previous episodes when he quickly convinced himself that the chairman was drunk when he chatted with his dad in Ep3/Ep4 and quickly held that the arrangements were a fluke and showed signs of relief when Sena had cleared up the confusion in Ep8. Although he happily stated how he has fully resolved the marriage situation, Rika is right that Sena might not think so.

Anyways, coming from To Love-Ru and just starting this franchise, I hope this series brings more thought and better development.
Saturday... Night's Alright!
May 25, 2013 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
GarLogan78 said:
I am glad Rika is getting tired of all this bullshit about everyone "not having friends".
Jun 9, 2013 1:35 PM

May 2012
Kobato being all lovely in that movie and some serious stuff in the end! Lets see what happens next!
Jun 14, 2013 7:46 AM

Jan 2013
Sena has always been my favorite for Kodaka but I liked Rika the best. Her character design basically exactly my type and her VA does such a great job. Now I kinda want her to end up with Kodaka. It was soo nice to see this side of her.

Kodaka really does need to stop acting so beta and decide. I'm gonna be mad if he doesn't pick someone by the end.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jun 18, 2013 6:33 AM

May 2012
Bakazora.

Rikaaaaaa, Ore, kimi ni shitakute tamaranai zo!

Student Council President <3

Dat Rika outfit.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jul 15, 2013 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah, I've been suspecting something like this since the first some episodes. I can understand what Kodaka wants and fears, but he really should just someone already, unless he wants all the girls to go insane while trying to win his affections.

On a completely different note, this episode was very good.
Sena actually not being all that mad at Yozora for trying to fool everyone is nice to see. She even helps her "make up for it".
Kobato's movie, the scenes after that with Sena holding her and later Kobato blushing (and hiding her face in Sena's arm while she pats her head) because of Kodaka telling that the movie was great, were all cute :)
I'm not surprised Kobato is loved by so much people. I'm sad though that she doesn't try to make friends with them.
I also feel somewhat sad for Maria, for not being able to experience this at her school. I was glad when the two started "fighting", they were two cute little friends :)
Jul 25, 2013 5:25 AM

Jun 2010
Kodaka just pisses me off more and more every episode
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Aug 2, 2013 5:56 AM

Jul 2013
Kodaka's "nandatte?" really pissed me off.. he's just afraid of changing the status quo and everything he's done is total bullshit. Running away won't solve matters and tbh only Yozora would be alienated if he ever dates Sena. Rika will be Rika, she doesn't seem the type to be bothered by such thing. Yukimura would still follow him, Kobato and Maria would still continue with their brocon. Maria doesn't even seem to mind when she found out Kodaka's engaged with Sena. In the end he's still gotta choose between Yozora and Sena but Sena has always been portrayed as the main girl with the most development since the beginning and we know childhood friends never win in a harem anime.
Aug 2, 2013 3:15 PM

Apr 2013
chaos86 said:
Kodaka's "nandatte?" really pissed me off.. he's just afraid of changing the status quo and everything he's done is total bullshit. Running away won't solve matters and tbh only Yozora would be alienated if he ever dates Sena. Rika will be Rika, she doesn't seem the type to be bothered by such thing. Yukimura would still follow him, Kobato and Maria would still continue with their brocon. Maria doesn't even seem to mind when she found out Kodaka's engaged with Sena. In the end he's still gotta choose between Yozora and Sena but Sena has always been portrayed as the main girl with the most development since the beginning and we know childhood friends never win in a harem anime.

Yozora is the main "first" girl , the story is about Yozora and Kodaka not Sena and Kodaka , Sena is just the usual rival found in romances. . The anime begins and ends a story about Kodaka and Yozora and was left at the point of Kodaka and Sena with Yozora apparently wanted a break from the torture she feels staying around Kodaka and tries to explain why she feels so hurt.
FluffyFleshAug 3, 2013 2:38 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Aug 4, 2013 12:15 AM

Jul 2013
BloodyNightsky said:

Yozora is the main "first" girl , the story is about Yozora and Kodaka not Sena and Kodaka , Sena is just the usual rival found in romances. . The anime begins and ends a story about Kodaka and Yozora and was left at the point of Kodaka and Sena with Yozora apparently wanted a break from the torture she feels staying around Kodaka and tries to explain why she feels so hurt.

The theme of this anime is friendship isn't it? seeing as Yozora was Kodaka's first friend (and one he thought was a boy) I'd say it'd be awkward to progress that relationship to romance. Yozora is indeed the "first" girl... when it comes to being friends with Kodaka. She'll be friend-zoned for sure unless she gets a lot of romantic developments come season 3, which I predict will revolve around her coming to terms with her feelings for Kodaka and mending their friendship.

Like it or not, Sena already has too much of a head start in the story. From first date in the pool, Kodaka protecting her from thugs, being seen naked, engaged, and then being mistaken as Kodaka's wife and Kobato's mother. She checks all the flags you commonly see between the main couple in a romance anime.
Aug 17, 2013 2:38 PM

Dec 2009
Guess Kodaka knows more than we let on. Interesting how Sena is referenced and not Yozora though, Rika got some wierd sixth sense on Kodaka's feelings or something?
Oct 1, 2013 4:06 PM

Mar 2012
I see. So the constant 'huh what was that' thing isn't just repeated for no reason. I always had a feeling he wasn't as dense as typical harem anime main characters, or as dense as they treat him for that matter. Seems to be that he's got a serious internal conflict about his friends. It's understandable, it's always awkward when several girls are into one guy, harem anime mains always gotta play damage control. I knew in season 1 that his laid back attitude was pretty much a sign of that. Also, I'd always noticed that from the beginning Rika had noticed his attitude wasn't just oblivious it was sometimes consistent. Whilst i didn't like her accusing him I admit there is something more to it than that. Good episode. Yozora's finally eased down to being less bitchy and everyone can call her our on her bullshit, Sena's kept under wraps when she does something weird and her relationship with Kodaka is building, and Rika (as I'd always known) was the most down to earth one who knows Kodaka's emotions best.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Dec 12, 2013 11:47 PM
Feb 2009
finally some1 said something about Kodaka playing dumb
Jan 29, 2014 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
With Kobato's delusions, I wouldn't expected her to be so popular. She seemed a bit like a mini Sena. Guess that made Maria a bit lonely, it was cute when they she got so excited and they get along the best when they're fighting.

The scene with Rika on the roof was a surprising change in mood, I like how she called Kodaka out on his indecisiveness. Also good to see that he isn't really clueless about any of it and he's actually conflicted about the relationships he has. I was waiting for a scene like this, because even with Rika's words getting drowned out by the wind, she said what needed to be said - that before they knew it, they were all friends.
Feb 23, 2014 6:18 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, Rika finally went and confronted Kodaka about his behavior around his harem. He walked away but that scene (on the school roof, no less) certainly left an impact.
Mar 6, 2014 6:49 PM

Feb 2013
Rika! Too adorable!

I had been getting the feeling over the past couple episodes that Rika knew exactly what was going on and what everyone was feeling... this episode confirmed that.
Mar 30, 2014 8:27 PM

Jul 2011
This episode really changed my opinion on Kodaka as a whole, really enjoying this anime so far and can't wait to see how it turns out. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure there will be a season 3 late 2014 or early 2015, so looking forward to that as well. Hate how all these incredible anime end so soon, I always end up having such deep emotions for the characters even though their obviously just characters, but I truly do love anime with a passion so it's such a bittersweet moment when an anime ends. Anyways, a really good episode as always, 5/5.
Apr 11, 2014 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
Misiakk said:
So the moral of this story will be "he was looking for friends but he already had them around him"

heck, more like he already gathered a harem

Random Sena movie +
Kobato movie +
Rika +
dem last moments +

Finally Kodaka gonna break the ice or wat, cant wait!
Jun 23, 2014 3:22 PM

Dec 2013
GarLogan78 said:
I am glad Rika is getting tired of all this bullshit about everyone "not having friends".

this

only two more eps :|
Jul 8, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
Well I was really surprised that things got serious at the end. Well, it is nearing the end . .

Jul 20, 2014 11:45 PM

Jun 2014
Kodaka is starting to pisses me off. And Kobato's movie was awesome.
Sep 27, 2014 12:38 PM

Sep 2013
This episode shows Kodaka is probably a million times smarter and more sensitive than any of the thick-headed harem MCs out there. He knows their affections towards but he plays it off because he doesn't want to jeopardise the friendship they have created. He knows he is the string that binds everyone in the neighbour club together and it will definitely be disbanded if he gets attached to any of the girls.
Oct 4, 2014 12:54 PM

Aug 2007
Whew. Powerful Rika episode
Oct 6, 2014 7:56 PM

May 2014
D'aaaaaaaaaaaw at Maria's "kukuku"! That was awesome.

Good episode for Rika, hopefully she keeps pushing forward.
Nov 17, 2014 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
GarLogan78 said:

Yeah, same. I was afraid that it would never be brought up. They are all friends with eachother.
Nov 26, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2014
Maria with make-up looks scary.

This episode really turned around my opinion on Rika.

It's nice to see the poopy vampire be friends with the poopy nun.
zat-bustNov 26, 2014 6:29 PM

Dec 11, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2013
Damn so Kodaka kinda is... the most broken of them all it seems? Last episode I commented that he needs to get his ears checked, never thought he'd do it with purpose O_O And Rika is indeed freaking amazing, she's working so very hard!
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.