Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Mar 16, 2013 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
The best option would be true harem, but I don't think it will be possible. You usually have to have some kind of fantasy element in your harem to make that possible.

But this episode really shows why I like Kodaka, and as a Harem fan, he's one of my favorite leads. He's conscious enough to know that the "who will he choose" game will potentially mess up everything he's gained.

You have to rememeber, Kodaka has felt alone for YEARS and all he's ever wanted was friends. That is what will make him happy, he could care less for romance at the moment, he just wants bonds.

Imagine how much that would hurt if he saw all that he's gained comes tearing down directly because of him, AGAIN. He probably at this point refuses to go through that. He has to act ignorant as possible, because if the rest of the girls realize they are already friends, then they will want to try to take it to the next level with him, and that's where it will all come crashing down. Brings a human and realistic tone to the harem genre.
Mar 16, 2013 9:38 PM
Jan 2013
So ready for the rest of volume eight. Unfortunately looks like there won't be a season three for years, and this season is going to end mostly unresolved... :\
Mar 16, 2013 9:40 PM

Jun 2012
Kodaka is so melodramatic.

"I had known for a long time"

That you're all already friends? WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA.

What's so wrong with him just admitting that? Does he think the club will disband and they'll never talk to eachother again?
Mar 17, 2013 12:07 AM

May 2012
I hate Sena. Just wanted to throw that out there. Typical harem ending/rika ending please. Though I know this season will finish unresolved.
Mar 17, 2013 1:35 AM

Dec 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
The best option would be true harem, but I don't think it will be possible. You usually have to have some kind of fantasy element in your harem to make that possible.

But this episode really shows why I like Kodaka, and as a Harem fan, he's one of my favorite leads. He's conscious enough to know that the "who will he choose" game will potentially mess up everything he's gained.

You have to rememeber, Kodaka has felt alone for YEARS and all he's ever wanted was friends. That is what will make him happy, he could care less for romance at the moment, he just wants bonds.

Imagine how much that would hurt if he saw all that he's gained comes tearing down directly because of him, AGAIN. He probably at this point refuses to go through that. He has to act ignorant as possible, because if the rest of the girls realize they are already friends, then they will want to try to take it to the next level with him, and that's where it will all come crashing down. Brings a human and realistic tone to the harem genre.

You put that very well. It's been made very clear that Kodaka has severe issues with making friends and fear of being alone, and to lose his friends something that is he doesn't even 'officially' have (they don't really acknowledge they are all friends) before he even gets it, all because he had to choose between the girls who like him, is just a terrible situation. He really has no easy option, and for someone as inexperienced and nervous with making friends as he is, it is undoubtedly a tremendously difficult situation for him.
Mar 17, 2013 1:40 AM

Jan 2011
zeldas12 said:
What's so wrong with him just admitting that? Does he think the club will disband and they'll never talk to eachother again?

Yes actually.

He's trying to keep the status quo. With the girls thinking they are working and learning to make friends, they come everyday after school and do stuff together. Kodaka enjoys this.

If they realize they are friends, they will then probably want to go FURTHER than being friends with Kodaka. That is where problems arise, so Kodaka's plan is to keep it on them going through "friend training" so in essence, they can keep being friends.

You have to remember that these are some pretty unstable people, especially Sena and Yozora, so this siutution has to be handled with care. In fact, I can see BOTH of them distancing themselves from Kodaka if he chose the other.
Tenchi_RyuMar 17, 2013 1:47 AM
Mar 17, 2013 7:21 AM
Jan 2010
nopan
Mar 17, 2013 9:58 AM

Aug 2012
Can two epis show the end of this anime? >.<

We need a season 3 and fast asuauhsa
"The King command are absoluty"
Mar 17, 2013 12:28 PM

Jul 2012
Every episode leaves me wantiing more!
But then the next episode comes and nothing important happens...!
I like season 2 more than season 1 though!
Ok episode, :)
I hate the word “fate.” Birth, encounters, partings, success and failures, fortune and misfortunes in life. If our lives are already set in stone by fate, then why are we even born? There are those born to wealthy families, those born to beautiful mothers, and those born into the middle of war or poverty. If that’s all caused by fate, then God is incredibly unfair and cruel. Because, ever since that day, none of us had a future and the only certain thing was that we wouldn’t amount to anything. - Takakura Shouma
Mar 17, 2013 12:41 PM
Oct 2012
Did anyone else notice the two hints that suggested Sena has a guy she already likes and it isn't Kodaka?

Also, Kodaka isn't being dense because he is afraid of losing the friends he has. That isn't the issue kobata has with her classmates, and what Rika said was similar to Kodaka. That also wasn't the observation that she made on the roof. What the writer revealed is that we have an "unreliable narrator", i.e. what Kodaka says his problem is or what he wants isn't what is really going on, because in large part Kodaka is in denial.

And this "unrealiable narrator" doesn't stop there. Sena also hasn't been honest. The introduction of the treasurer shows that there are girls in her class she could get along with, it is rather that Sena has absolutely no interest. The revelation about her switching schools is related to this, and probably has something to do with the "guy" I mentioned above. Also, I find it interesting that while Sena has enjoyed tormenting Yozora with Kodaka (since the Karaoke episode), when the engagement matter came up her first worry was how it would impact Yozora.

Finally, I am looking forward to the interaction between Yozora and the President. They compliment each other very well. The President is Yozora without Yozara's fear of betrayal and being abandoned. As the Treasurer reveals the true Sena, I believe the President will reveal the true Yozora. The question is whether she will overcome what happened to her as a children before this season ends.
Mar 17, 2013 12:47 PM

Dec 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Did anyone else notice the two hints that suggested Sena has a guy she already likes and it isn't Kodaka?

Also, Kodaka isn't being dense because he is afraid of losing the friends he has. That isn't the issue kobata has with her classmates, and what Rika said was similar to Kodaka. That also wasn't the observation that she made on the roof. What the writer revealed is that we have an "unreliable narrator", i.e. what Kodaka says his problem is or what he wants isn't what is really going on, because in large part Kodaka is in denial.

And this "unrealiable narrator" doesn't stop there. Sena also hasn't been honest. The introduction of the treasurer shows that there are girls in her class she could get along with, it is rather that Sena has absolutely no interest. The revelation about her switching schools is related to this, and probably has something to do with the "guy" I mentioned above. Also, I find it interesting that while Sena has enjoyed tormenting Yozora with Kodaka (since the Karaoke episode), when the engagement matter came up her first worry was how it would impact Yozora.

Finally, I am looking forward to the interaction between Yozora and the President. They compliment each other very well. The President is Yozora without Yozara's fear of betrayal and being abandoned. As the Treasurer reveals the true Sena, I believe the President will reveal the true Yozora. The question is whether she will
overcome what happened to her as a children before this season ends.

What are you talking about? 90% of your post doesn't make sense.
Mar 17, 2013 1:17 PM
Oct 2012
tsudecimo said:

But 10% did? Excellent.

Kodaka's issue isn't that he is afraid of losing friends, but rather that he is afraid of them getting too close to him for fear that they will hurt him (he is like Yozora on this, but I think she has a more compelling reason for being this way). That is what Rika said on the roof. Kobata has the same issue. Notice there are lots of friends for her, but she has issues opening up (she learned this from her brother, which is why she is so afraid of losing him).

As for Sena. Look at the pictures in Rika's photo album, Sena' and Yozora's if you think about it, actually show several things.
Mar 17, 2013 2:57 PM

Dec 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
tsudecimo said:

But 10% did? Excellent.

Kodaka's issue isn't that he is afraid of losing friends, but rather that he is afraid of them getting too close to him for fear that they will hurt him (he is like Yozora on this, but I think she has a more compelling reason for being this way). That is what Rika said on the roof. Kobata has the same issue. Notice there are lots of friends for her, but she has issues opening up (she learned this from her brother, which is why she is so afraid of losing him).

As for Sena. Look at the pictures in Rika's photo album, Sena' and Yozora's if you think about it, actually show several things.

What's the second hint, and how does this fit in with Sena sometimes acting jealous around Kodaka interactions with other women?

And, what exactly do you find interesting about the fact that Sena was worried about Yozora's reaction to their engagement?
RebasMar 17, 2013 3:21 PM
Mar 17, 2013 3:36 PM
Oct 2012
Rebas said:
What's the second hint, and how does this fit in with Sena sometimes acting jealous around Kodaka interactions with other women?

The second hint is the revelation that she went to public school. Given the fact that her father owns the current school, there is more behind that they have revealed. In that Sena is a genius who doesn't study or care about external validation, she didn't go to the public school for the education (side note, public and private schools are a lot more complex in Japan than in the US, many public schools are better than private schools); but it would make perfect sense if she had a childhood friend from her neighborhood that she followed. We also know that she treats boys like servants, but her smile in the photo belays that image. Also, the boy seems somewhat oblivious to Sena and in this series that is the one thing that Sena has been shown to be attracted (Kodaka, Yozora and of course Kobata).

As for her reaction to Kodaka's interactions. Her primary reaction is about Yozora, and her enjoying messing with her about this. This was first revealed back in the Karaoke episode. She noticed then that Yozora liked Kodaka, which is why she did not want Kodaka to explain why he was meeting her father. Deep down though, I think she wants Kodaka and Yozora to get together, in the shopping episode she was trying to build up Kodaka's confidence to ask someone out (more on this below), and in the engagement episode she was worried about what Yozora would think and then when it blew a gasket out in Yozora's mind, she tried to rally her.

And it isn't only Sena who knows this. Rika also knows this. A good example of this was when Yozora played the galge and after losing it states she already knows enough "yankees". Kodaka gives his usual "huh" reaction, but Rika givens a knowing smile (and earlier she commented that Yozora's taste were towards "yankees").

In the shopping episode, the elevator sequence I think was telling. Had Sena been in love with Kodaka what she said would have been a confession (there is no way a boy I like would be boring), but she said it as one would to a friend as a piece of advice, and advice hat she had thought about before.

Am a reading too much into this? Probably, but this writer has shown himself capable of such subtlety. And in watching both seasons, I really don't get the vibe that Sena is in love with Kodaka, likes, yes a lot, but not love. There has been some misdirection I believe to fool us, but in looking back it seems to me that the author always pulls up short. I don't think this is by accident.

Edit: noticed your modification. What was interesting was the Sena ONLY cared what Yozora would think about the engagement. She wasn't worried about Yukimura or Rika, so it wasn't a general concern about the club, and this is Sena we are talking about, so normally she wouldn't care what anyone else would think. But is this situation she was concerned with what Yozora and only Yozora would think.
Takuan_SohoMar 17, 2013 3:59 PM
Mar 17, 2013 4:23 PM

Dec 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Rebas said:

The second hint is the revelation that she went to public school. Given the fact that her father owns the current school, there is more behind that they have revealed. In that Sena is a genius who doesn't study or care about external validation, she didn't go to the public school for the education (side note, public and private schools are a lot more complex in Japan than in the US, many public schools are better than private schools); but it would make perfect sense if she had a childhood friend from her neighborhood that she followed. We also know that she treats boys like servants, but her smile in the photo belays that image. Also, the boy seems somewhat oblivious to Sena and in this series that is the one thing that Sena has been shown to be attracted (Kodaka, Yozora and of course Kobata).

As for her reaction to Kodaka's interactions. Her primary reaction is about Yozora, and her enjoying messing with her about this. This was first revealed back in the Karaoke episode. She noticed then that Yozora liked Kodaka, which is why she did not want Kodaka to explain why he was meeting her father. Deep down though, I think she wants Kodaka and Yozora to get together, in the shopping episode she was trying to build up Kodaka's confidence to ask someone out (more on this below), and in the engagement episode she was worried about what Yozora would think and then when it blew a gasket out in Yozora's mind, she tried to rally her.

And it isn't only Sena who knows this. Rika also knows this. A good example of this was when Yozora played the galge and after losing it states she already knows enough "yankees". Kodaka gives his usual "huh" reaction, but Rika givens a knowing smile (and earlier she commented that Yozora's taste were towards "yankees").

In the shopping episode, the elevator sequence I think was telling. Had Sena been in love with Kodaka what she said would have been a confession (there is no way a boy I like would be boring), but she said it as one would to a friend as a piece of advice, and advice hat she had thought about before.

Am a reading too much into this? Probably, but this writer has shown himself capable of such subtlety. And in watching both seasons, I really don't get the vibe that Sena is in love with Kodaka, likes, yes a lot, but not love. There has been some misdirection I believe to fool us, but in looking back it seems to me that the author always pulls up short. I don't think this is by accident.

Edit: noticed your modification. What was interesting was the Sena ONLY cared what Yozora would think about the engagement. She wasn't worried about Yukimura or Rika, so it wasn't a general concern about the club, and this is Sena we are talking about, so normally she wouldn't care what anyone else would think. But is this situation she was concerned with what Yozora and only Yozora would think.

What about Sena mentioning that she won't lose to Yozora during the shopping episode and also, I think, at other times during the show? Is that just Sena's pride over the lack of attention from Kodaka?

Edit: She also sounds disappointed when Kodaka mentions that they shouldn't take their arranged marriage seriously?
RebasMar 17, 2013 4:34 PM
Mar 17, 2013 4:43 PM
Oct 2012
Rebas said:
What about Sena mentioning that she won't lose to Yozora during the shopping episode and also, I think, at other times during the show? Is that just Sena's pride over the lack of attention from Kodaka?

That is a good example of the misdirection I mentioned above. Of course the obvious answer is that she wouldn't lose to Yozora with Kodaka. But when she said it, they didn't show her face (they showed the ground), so there is nothing to indicate that she meant Kodaka (and similar to the elevator scene, if Sena was interested it would have been easy to show). And it is immediately followed by the elevator scene.

So I think what she really meant is that she won't lose to Yozora at life, at finding a romantic partner, at being happy in general (and as the "sexy beam" episode shows, Sena is not as happy with herself as she pretends to be). Given her obsession with Yozora, (and similar to Maria with Kobata), Yozora mellowing is what Sena fears the most.
Mar 17, 2013 5:04 PM

Dec 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Rebas said:

That is a good example of the misdirection I mentioned above. Of course the obvious answer is that she wouldn't lose to Yozora with Kodaka. But when she said it, they didn't show her face (they showed the ground), so there is nothing to indicate that she meant Kodaka (and similar to the elevator scene, if Sena was interested it would have been easy to show). And it is immediately followed by the elevator scene.

How would showing her face make the scene different?

Takuan_Soho said:

So I think what she really meant is that she won't lose to Yozora at life, at finding a romantic partner, at being happy in general (and as the "sexy beam" episode shows, Sena is not as happy with herself as she pretends to be). Given her obsession with Yozora, (and similar to Maria with Kobata), Yozora mellowing is what Sena fears the most.

If not for Kodaka, how did Yozora become Sena's rival at finding a romantic partner and being happy in general?
Mar 17, 2013 5:38 PM
Oct 2012
Rebas said:
How would showing her face make the scene different?

They could have shown Sena blushing, or being hesitant to look into Kodaka's face, or even saying it as an aside (they always do this when Yozora indicates how much she likes Kodaka). But with Sena, they don't show any such things. Given that they have Rika do asides, and they even have Yukimura hinting at her interest in Kodaka, the absence of evidence with Sena I believe is evidence of absence of any real romantic interest in Kodaka. When Sena does show emotion it is primarily at something that a girl would generally be embarassed with ANY guy (nudity, etc). The only exception to this I can think of was the learning to swim episode when Kodaka rescued Sena, and she was touched.

Rebas said:
If not for Kodaka, how did Yozora become Sena's rival at finding a romantic partner and being happy in general?

With Yozora, she sees Sena as a threat, so she does indeed view Sena as a rival. But Sena it isn't about winning, its all about not losing (which indeed is how she expressed it both in the Shopping episode and several times before). What Sena would find horrific would be Yozora finding happiness before her. I mean given Yozora's abrasive personality, what would that say about Sena if even Yozora could find true love? So what the rivalry is over is different for each girl. For Yozora it is about Kodaka's love specifically, with Sena its about love in general.
Mar 17, 2013 5:47 PM

Dec 2010
Takuan_Soho said:
Rebas said:

With Yozora, she sees Sena as a threat, so she does indeed view Sena as a rival. But Sena it isn't about winning, its all about not losing (which indeed is how she expressed it both in the Shopping episode and several times before). What Sena would find horrific would be Yozora finding happiness before her. I mean given Yozora's abrasive personality, what would that say about Sena if even Yozora could find true love? So what the rivalry is over is different for each girl. For Yozora it is about Kodaka's love specifically, with Sena its about love in general.

Does Sena viewing Yozora as a rival come as a response to Yozora considering her as a rival or is there another reason Sena views Yozora as the only rival among all the other girls?
Mar 17, 2013 6:10 PM
Oct 2012
Rebas said:
Does Sena viewing Yozora as a rival come as a response to Yozora considering her as a rival or is there another reason Sena views Yozora as the only rival among all the other girls?

In Sena's case "rival" probably isn't the right word. Rival would indicate seeing one as a peer or as honest competition. Yozora knows that boys like Sena's blonde hair and large breasts, she said so in one of the first couple of episodes. Yozora also has an inferiority complex in general, she honestly doesn't think she is attractive and indeed goes out of her way not to attract notice (dressing "boyish" because she thought it meant "like a boy", and then switching to a track suit when she discovers that she has no idea what is thought attractive and isn't taking any more risks).

For Sena though, the idea of competition would never enter into the picture; she doesn't see anyone as a rival (this is pretty much confirmed with the talk about test results). Still, Sena does have a grudging respect for Yozora, because at least Yozora can stand up to her (as shown last episode, the thing that Sena fears most is an apathetic Yozora). Yozora is this case is more of a benchmark than an actual rival in Sena's eyes.
Mar 17, 2013 6:26 PM

Jan 2011
Nobody is in love with anyone, its all attraction. Its' the reason Kodaka doesn't want it to get in the way. Kodaka has no problem considering friends....its acknowledging what's ahead he doesn't want. That's the reason why he's ignoring their advances, not their overall companionship.

He has no problem hanging out and doing stuff with them. It's anything romantic he avoids, not overall contact. A comparison to Kobato isn't good because Kobato avoids anyone. Kodaka would LOVE people to want to talk to him like that.

Remember in the first episode of season one, he tried to introduce himself, but it backfired and the whole class thought he was a deliquent.

And no, there is no other boy Sena likes. No girl spends countless hours of the night texting, calling, inviting to their house, spending the night, going out and thinking of the good things of being engaged if they don't like the guy.
Mar 17, 2013 6:33 PM

Dec 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Nobody is in love with anyone, its all attraction. Its' the reason Kodaka doesn't want it to get in the way. Kodaka has no problem considering friends....its acknowledging what's ahead he doesn't want. That's the reason why he's ignoring their advances, not their overall companionship.

He has no problem hanging out and doing stuff with them. It's anything romantic he avoids, not overall contact. A comparison to Kobato isn't good because Kobato avoids anyone. Kodaka would LOVE people to want to talk to him like that.

Remember in the first episode of season one, he tried to introduce himself, but it backfired and the whole class thought he was a deliquent.

And no, there is no other boy Sena likes. No girl spends countless hours of the night texting, calling, inviting to their house, spending the night, going out and thinking of the good things of being engaged if they don't like the guy.

His theory is just speculation so far but I do think it is plausible because that would probably be the best way to resolve the love triangle in favor of Yozora who seems to me as the girl who was planned to be with Kodoka from the very start.
Mar 17, 2013 6:37 PM
Oct 2012
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Actually, it seems quite clear that Kodaka likes Yozora. He thought she was beautiful the first time he met her (first episode), she is the only girl he complemented without prompting (the Rika hair episode), who he went out on a "date" with knowing that was the intent (movie), and generally tends to notice in his asides. Also, whenever he mentions the people not there it is always "Yozoratachi" (i.e. Yozora and the others)(Amusement park, Shopping et al), showing that she has top of mind awareness.

As for Sena, there is no doubt she "likes" Kodaka, but like isn't love. I am probably wrong on the "other boy", but at the same time I do think the pictures have meaning (for one it shows that Rika had her eyes on both Sena and Yozora before meeting Kodaka), and I think there is meaning to Sena smiling at a guy when nothing in this series would suggest her doing such a thing (indeed just the opposite) as well as showing him in 2 of the pictures.
Mar 17, 2013 6:42 PM
Oct 2012
Rebas said:
His theory is just speculation so far but I do think it is plausible because that would probably be the best way to resolve the love triangle in favor of Yozora who seems to me as the girl who was planned to be with Kodoka from the very start.

I have to admit, there is nothing I find enjoyable as much as speculating on stuff. Being right or wrong isn't that important as long as it is consistent with what the animation show (this is important, anyone can make stuff up, the fun is finding a new interpretation that isn't contradicted by the show).

I do thank you and Ryu for indulging me in my speculation.
Mar 17, 2013 7:28 PM

Oct 2009
Rika won this arc, maybe the entire season 2.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Mar 17, 2013 11:47 PM

Aug 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

Actually, it seems quite clear that Kodaka likes Yozora. He thought she was beautiful the first time he met her (first episode), she is the only girl he complemented without prompting (the Rika hair episode), who he went out on a "date" with knowing that was the intent (movie), and generally tends to notice in his asides. Also, whenever he mentions the people not there it is always "Yozoratachi" (i.e. Yozora and the others)(Amusement park, Shopping et al), showing that she has top of mind awareness.

As for Sena, there is no doubt she "likes" Kodaka, but like isn't love. I am probably wrong on the "other boy", but at the same time I do think the pictures have meaning (for one it shows that Rika had her eyes on both Sena and Yozora before meeting Kodaka), and I think there is meaning to Sena smiling at a guy when nothing in this series would suggest her doing such a thing (indeed just the opposite) as well as showing him in 2 of the pictures.

sorry it is too blurry
Mar 18, 2013 1:39 AM
Jan 2010
^ My God, that's sad. Sena... ;_;
Mar 18, 2013 2:36 AM
Mar 2013
This is first post

ilichu said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Tenchi_Ryu said:

sorry it is too blurry

In my opinion, it might just be a regular highschool guy that just pass by Sena to say "HI" / "Ohayo" since Sena is "popular", a lot of guys love her.

And we didn't even see the guy in the picture since Season 1. How can that relate to "Sena actually love another guy, not Kodoka" ?
Mar 18, 2013 3:34 AM

Dec 2012
So Far:
-Sena likes Kodaka.
-Yozora likes Kodaka.
-Yozora doesn't know Sena likes Kodaka.
-Sena doesn't know Yozora likes Kodaka.
-Rika knows of the others feelings towards Kodaka.
- Kodaka is aware of everyone feelings.
- Kodaka doesn't like anyone in particular and only wants friends or anything close to it ( The club).

Also the boy in the picture has no significant effect into the story same as the student president at least as far this season and volume 8 goes.
Mar 18, 2013 6:54 AM
Jul 2012
tsudecimo said:
- Kodaka doesn't like anyone in particular and only wants friends or anything close to it ( The club).

Just wait for the last episode. ^^
Mar 18, 2013 6:59 AM

Dec 2012
mironicus said:
tsudecimo said:

Just wait for the last episode. ^^

I already know and im not convinced about that though
you mean
right ?
Mar 18, 2013 7:14 AM

Sep 2010
Finally... finally we're getting the confirmation of Rika's thought in the train episodes back. Kodaka has been pretending he didn't notice. How good the opening lyrics fit in this line, as Rika sung in the preview. Instead of more development it looks like that we're getting more of that we're getting more of that red-haired shorty.
Mar 18, 2013 9:31 AM
Feb 2009
i always hated this kind of MC, but i think i can understand why kodaka acted as he did.
anyway, understand doesnt mean that i forgive him tho, simply need someone to punch that guy... =_="
oblivious is a bliss
Mar 18, 2013 10:12 AM

Jun 2010
While I can understand why he chose to ignore the issue at hand, he should at least acknowledge it. That'll help clear up a lot of misunderstandings. But who am I kidding? This is anime.
Mar 18, 2013 10:54 AM

Dec 2012
flame_tiong said:
i always hated this kind of MC, but i think i can understand why kodaka acted as he did.
anyway, understand doesnt mean that i forgive him tho, simply need someone to punch that guy... =_="

What of type of MC is he? And punch him for what exactly?

Luxanna said:
While I can understand why he chose to ignore the issue at hand, he should at least acknowledge it. That'll help clear up a lot of misunderstandings. But who am I kidding? This is anime.

What misunderstandings?
Mar 18, 2013 11:24 AM
Aug 2012
flame_tiong said:

Can you really give a good reasoning for that? What kind of mc do you like anyway? I am curious. Just try to put yourself in his shoes and choose one of the girls and then see what happens. If you understand the show even a little bit, you should be able to do that. This Kodaka-hate is getting stupid..........he is definitely one of the best mc we got in recent animes of this genres.

Mar 18, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2013
AlphaDelta said:
rupok93 said:
I don't think harem is the only solution. I think something needs to happen where he chooses one of the girls but then the other girls understand why they got together and accepts their relationship. Then they all stay as friends. It can happen and I think thats what the author will try to do.

I think you're right. Whilst I prefer harem endings I think your idea would be an amicable solution too.^^' The main concept of this story, after all, is to make friends. =)

ao_no_exo said:
I wish for harem too, maybe secret harem :)). But as I already stated in #146 I would mostly like Kodaka x Sora.

Secret harem would be sweet. ;-) In all honesty I like all the pairings so I don't mind who he ends up with. :)

Same here, but Yozora would be awesum. :)

tsudecimo said:
So Far:
-Sena likes Kodaka.
-Yozora likes Kodaka.

Also the boy in the picture has no significant effect into the story same as the student president at least as far this season and volume 8 goes.

It looks the same for me too. Thumbs up!
Mar 18, 2013 2:10 PM

Jun 2010
tsudecimo said:
What misunderstandings?

Well, the fact that he seems oblivious to all romantic advances directed towards him.
Mar 18, 2013 2:28 PM
Aug 2012
Luxanna said:
tsudecimo said:
What misunderstandings?

Well, the fact that he seems oblivious to all romantic advances directed towards him.

The last few episodes should have already cleared that he understands their feelings but chooses to ignore them for reasons spoiled several times. At least tsudecimo has already said it several times in different threads.

Mar 18, 2013 2:34 PM

Apr 2008
Bitch gets put in her place: 7 points.
Meat finally gets to rub something in Bitch's face: 3 points.
Rika has been the best character of the season and it really comes out here: 5 points.

Kodaka straight out refuses the idea of being friends with people he's been friends with for months: -15 points.

So close.
Mar 18, 2013 3:16 PM

Sep 2011
zeldas12 said:
Kodaka is so melodramatic.

"I had known for a long time"

That you're all already friends? WHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA.

Maybe he meant he already knew that they(Yozora and Sena) have feelings for him.

Mar 18, 2013 3:51 PM

Dec 2009
Rika has had some interesting interactions with Kodaka, like when he accidentally says out loud, twice, that he feels she is a very pretty girl, and more approachable then Meat or Sora. Well, I feel the big 3 have an equal chance, Sena, Yozora and Rika. But I am, as always, hoping for the childhood friend end.

The seriousness of the end is much needed too. I am glad to see it isn't going to be all willy nilly about having so many girls fawning over him.

I think his feelings at the end are about trying to maintain balance of the friendships of everyone, even though he knows they all are starting to have stronger feelings for him. Because he loves the club.
razorblade81Mar 18, 2013 3:54 PM
Mar 18, 2013 4:56 PM

Dec 2012
tsudecimo said:
So Far:
-Sena likes Kodaka.
-Yozora likes Kodaka.

Not tru, not tru. Sena specifically said, "I won't lose to Yoraza." and Yozara went on blaming Sena for not getting attention/ closer to Kodaka, in both the amusement park and the casting for the movie ep not really proving but at least hinting.
At the very least if they dont know they'll all be awear of it soon with only 3 eps left ;P
Mar 18, 2013 5:00 PM

Jun 2010
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Luxanna said:
tsudecimo said:
What misunderstandings?

The last few episodes should have already cleared that he understands their feelings but chooses to ignore them for reasons spoiled several times. At least tsudecimo has already said it several times in different threads.

That's not what I meant. I mean that he should NOT have pretended to be oblivious to those advances because doing so has evidently caused a great deal of confusion. I was referring to misunderstandings on the parts of the characters in the series, not the audience.
Mar 18, 2013 8:13 PM

Jun 2010
Epyx said:
I might be retarded but what did Rika say that was cutoff by the wind?

She said that they had already become friends.
Mar 18, 2013 9:14 PM
Aug 2012
Luxanna said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Luxanna said:
tsudecimo said:
What misunderstandings?

That's not what I meant. I mean that he should NOT have pretended to be oblivious to those advances because doing so has evidently caused a great deal of confusion. I was referring to misunderstandings on the parts of the characters in the series, not the audience.

Well then can you please answer me this.....what would have happened if he did not pretend to be oblivious to those feelings?
By being like that he was able to keep the peace because whenever he would favor one of them the others would get jealous and sad. They left the part out in the anime where he was talking about how Rika changes her hairstyle and how he noticed it, he got hit be all 3 of the girls without any explanation. Imagine what would happen if he chooses one and starts going out. The place he so much desired all these years, the friends he always wanted aka the Neighboring Club could be destroyed in an instance.
Can you please give me your opinion on what he should have done rather than pretending to be ignorant?

Mar 18, 2013 9:45 PM

Mar 2010
Shadowninja100 said:
I'm glad Rika got so much screen time, she's been my favorite girl since season 1 so it's nice to see so much time dedicated to her.

Also even though we all pretty much knew it I'm glad that it finally explained that Kodaka wasn't just being a typical dense MC and that he was actively ignoring the girls advances toward him. For me it just reaffirms the fact that Kodaka is one of my favorite harem MC's.
Same here, Rika is the best, although I'm pretty sure we won't get a Rika ending, I still root for her. Also Kodaka not being stupid and just trying to avoid jeopardizing the club has made him one of my favorite harem MC's too.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Mar 19, 2013 3:31 AM

Dec 2012
Tepes973 said:
tsudecimo said:
So Far:
-Sena likes Kodaka.
-Yozora likes Kodaka.

Not tru, not tru. Sena specifically said, "I won't lose to Yoraza." and Yozara went on blaming Sena for not getting attention/ closer to Kodaka, in both the amusement park and the casting for the movie ep not really proving but at least hinting.
At the very least if they dont know they'll all be awear of it soon with only 3 eps left ;P

They still know that about each other at least Yozora . By the end of season 2 they will all know so it is ok.

Luxanna said:

That would make matters worse..
Mar 19, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2011
Ahh finally! It only took about 1,5 seasons for this anime to start having some kind of development.
My faith is returning :D
Mar 19, 2013 7:10 PM
Nov 2011
Yvese said:
Rika has jumped up drastically on my fav character list this season. She's just been fantastic!

If only Yukimura would get more love :(

Can't believe there's only 2 eps left. Time goes by so fast.

This... I was never a Rika fan before, but she has subtly grown on me the last couple of episodes

Kobato shows another side. So now I'm wondering, what's going on between the siblings, or what happened in their childhood to make them this way.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.