Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 15, 2013 6:28 AM
Aug 2011
-MgZ_ said:
P.S
Is there enough material for Season 3?

No. This season is going to end on the latest novel.

There's basically 0% material left for now, other than certain parts I'm sure was skipped/rushed through.

dyils said:
Isn't anyone else really irritated by the pathetic pussy called Kodaka?
Seriously, why do mangakas make the main male characters pathetic like this guy?
There are very few cool characters I can actually think of - Naruto (Used to be pathetic, now is badass), Ichigo and the Elric brothers. And not by coincidence, they are all popular...
Kodaka, has been getting on my nerves for the whole second season.
EVERY fucking time there's a chance for some kind of development in this anime that has stayed pretty much the same since the first episode, this guy says "Nandatte?"
Am I the only one who's really irritated by that?
Whether he's just that dense or actually has a reason is irrelevant. There is no reason good enough to be a pussy.

Huh? What did you say?
.....Okay. I just re-read that.

Son, as much as I love shounen shit, 0/10 for using Nurutu and Ichigo as examples.
Just stop right there and think.

It turns out that this guy has an actual personality and actually thinks about the future and the events that could/would occur and change based on the decisions and actions he makes... NOT just being a dense harem-MC.
Your complaint is solely based on a you thinking he is a pussy, which is completely subjective. Have you not watched all episode yet? Or simply forgotten.

Maybe you should look at Yozora a bit.
I personally have a problem with her not only because she's a bitch to Sena, but because she's very contradicting in terms of what she wants and does.
Mar 15, 2013 6:33 AM

Dec 2009
I did NOT expect that reveal, but it was nice. It could've been improved upon by having hints earlier in the series, but it worked surprisingly fine anyway. I wonder what will happen now.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 15, 2013 6:35 AM
Sep 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
-MgZ_ said:
P.S

There's basically 0% material left for now, other than certain parts I'm sure was skipped/rushed through.

Next volume was just postponed. It will be out the coming months. The story is just halfway, as the author of the LN tells fans this whole thing is just a prologue. Haganai is not ending.
Mar 15, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2011
This episode definitely confirms that Rika is the best girl on the whole series.

Also, Sena took the advantage to bully Yozora due to Yozora's plagiarism part was hilarious and loved the Kobato and Maria's relationship improvement.

Mar 15, 2013 7:00 AM
Aug 2011
bippo said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
-MgZ_ said:
P.S

Next volume was just postponed. It will be out the coming months. The story is just halfway, as the author of the LN tells fans this whole thing is just a prologue. Haganai is not ending.

I never said it was ending.

"This season is going to end on the latest novel"
Latest, not last.

"There's basically 0% material left for now"
More to come.

And halfway? I'm pretty sure that is way too much.
I'll assume it will be around 4-5 volumes at most, to wrap up everything.
Mar 15, 2013 7:09 AM

Dec 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
I personally have a problem with her not only because she's a bitch to Sena, but because she's very contradicting in terms of what she wants and does.

How is this relevant to him calling kodaka a pussy... -__-?
Mar 15, 2013 7:29 AM
Feb 2012
Wow, I thought that there's no way for me to love Haganai even more but look at that- I'm head over heels.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Mar 15, 2013 7:57 AM

Feb 2013
like someone already said looks like Kodaka isn't that stupid
Mar 15, 2013 8:06 AM

Apr 2010
The ending explained a lot about Kodaka seems he knows the girls feelings but he is afraid of bonding for some reason not just as lovers but also as friends.
Kobato seems to have the same problem so something must have happened to them in the past that they are afraid of bonding maybe it has something to do with the loss of there mother and there father that's never around.
It could also be because they transferred to the school they are in know or there might be other reasons.
Seeing as it was mentioned now it might be answered in the next two episodes if not we will probably have to wait till the next volume comes out which could take a while.

I hope Kodaka comes to terms with his feelings fast tho he will end up hurting the girls otherwise.
Mar 15, 2013 8:27 AM
Aug 2011
tsudecimo said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

How is this relevant to him calling kodaka a pussy... -__-?

Read the rest of the post and think about it if you don't get it again.
Mar 15, 2013 8:31 AM

Sep 2010
Another epic episode.... We confirmed that Kodaka is not an obvious MC.....

BTW Kobato-chan in the movie and Kobato x Maria moment was awesome..... ;)

5/5
Mar 15, 2013 8:58 AM
May 2012
I really don't like how Kodaka is handling his relationships.

His clueless persona isn't going to help him. He's already realized that he has the attention of every girl in the club, and he just pushes them all away. I can understand the want to just be friends with people, and only go as far as that. But eventually, all of these girls are going to get tired of waiting for Kodaka, and go on the offensive. And Kodaka will probably just push them all away. Rika handled it pretty well, I think. But I don't think the same will happen for any of the other girls, especially Yozora or Sena.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out, but I'm liking Kodaka less and less as a character.
Mar 15, 2013 8:59 AM

Oct 2011
Yeah Rika!!!! Yes she mentioned it.
Mar 15, 2013 9:19 AM
Dec 2012
Cyaniede said:

His clueless persona isn't going to help him. He's already realized that he has the attention of every girl in the club, and he just pushes them all away. I can understand the want to just be friends with people, and only go as far as that. But eventually, all of these girls are going to get tired of waiting for Kodaka, and go on the offensive. And Kodaka will probably just push them all away. Rika handled it pretty well, I think. But I don't think the same will happen for any of the other girls, especially Yozora or Sena.

I'm interested in seeing how this plays out, but I'm liking Kodaka less and less as a character.

Why? because he isn´t dense?

He wanted friends now and now he has them. If he choose one of the girls the group will mostly break apart because kodaka is the center of the group.

And you think seriously he wants that?
Mar 15, 2013 9:32 AM
May 2012
Shattix123 said:
Cyaniede said:

Why? because he isn´t dense?

He wanted friends now and now he has them. If he choose one of the girls the group will mostly break apart because kodaka is the center of the group.

And you think seriously he wants that?

What do you think will happen if he never chooses any of them?

They'll either be wasting their time with him, or give up and go for someone else, which isn't likely.

I'm sure, that eventually Kodaka will choose someone, and all of the other girls will feel bad for not being the one Kodaka chose. Or it'll be a total cop out like every other harem.

I just want to see Kodaka put more consideration for everyone else into his decisions.
Mar 15, 2013 9:47 AM

Mar 2011
FrostyFang said:
Well, apparently Kodaka isn't as dumb as he appears to be

#knewit
Mar 15, 2013 10:16 AM

Sep 2011
Yaver said:
I loved this episode, tons of funny moments, plus something serious about freindship at last. I also loved how Maria got sad when she found out that Kobato is popular, and happy when she came back to the club, they're really going to end up as friends :D
Too bad Kodaka hasn't accepted the fact that they're all friends, or at least that Rika wants to be friends with him, i hope he finally accepts it in the next episode.
And i'm excited about what Aoi can bring to the series.

...wait wait wait, you think those girls want just friendship? have you been paying attention, at all?

Takuan_Soho said:
In this episode the revelation that Sena went to public school was awesome, there is definitely a lot more there that we will learn about.

How do you know their current school isn't a public school?
Tommy0wnMar 15, 2013 10:25 AM
Mar 15, 2013 10:22 AM

Aug 2010
I liked it better when Niku was kept on a leash by Yozora, but I guess the plot calls for sacrifices every now and again. At least Rika saved the episode. 3/5.

And no Rika, you members are not friends. Maria actually cheering up when Kobato entered the room was probably the first sign that the members interacted with each other in a meaningful way. Yozora made the club to be with Kodaka, Rika joined for Kodaka, Yukimura as well, Maria was coerced; the only person who actually wanted friends was Niku. But she didn't open towards Rika or Yukimura, she is simply obsessed with Yozora and Kobato. Whenever Kodaka walks into the clubroom, everyone is busy with their own stuff, zero interaction between "the friends". I reckon they don't even meet outside school (unless Kodaka is involved). That's one of the reasons I preferred the first season, bonding was much more important.
Mar 15, 2013 11:16 AM

Jun 2010
After watching this episode, I have concluded that Rika is, by far, the best girl.
Mar 15, 2013 11:24 AM
Aug 2011
Mogami-kun said:
I liked it better when Niku was kept on a leash by Yozora, but I guess the plot calls for sacrifices every now and again. At least Rika saved the episode. 3/5.

And no Rika, you members are not friends. Maria actually cheering up when Kobato entered the room was probably the first sign that the members interacted with each other in a meaningful way. Yozora made the club to be with Kodaka, Rika joined for Kodaka, Yukimura as well, Maria was coerced; the only person who actually wanted friends was Niku. But she didn't open towards Rika or Yukimura, she is simply obsessed with Yozora and Kobato. Whenever Kodaka walks into the clubroom, everyone is busy with their own stuff, zero interaction between "the friends". I reckon they don't even meet outside school (unless Kodaka is involved). That's one of the reasons I preferred the first season, bonding was much more important.

Maria staying over at Kodaka's house and playing games with Kobata and giving her a present on her birthday, too place a short while ago.

And its revealed that they all only knew eachother ~120 days now = ~ 4 months.

For a bunch of social rejects, spending even a little time together constitutes as being friends.

And why are you ignoring information regarding Rika wanting friends.
She actively changed her personality, began interacting more with the girls, like introducing Yozoracunt to Homo-games and double teaming Sena into that ridiculous wig as a joke.

And don't forget that they did do things together, when Kodaka, though present in the vicinity, was not really with them and albeit off-screen, such as being separated into two groups during the theme park episode, and where they went shopping for clothes. (This is about season 2, as you seem fine with the bonding attempts in season 1)

I would like to once again stress the fact that its only been 4 months.
They are just starting off slowly.

The only person in my opinion, who doesn't want friends, is Yozora.
Mar 15, 2013 11:25 AM

Dec 2012
Cyaniede said:

The status quo will remain which Kodaka main reason for acting dense .The club staying like this is Kodaka's selfish wish because the club is the closest thing to friendship he had since Yozora when there were kids.

Mogami-kun said:

The original purpose of the club for everyone other than Yozora was to make friends with other people not with the same members of the club.
Zero interactions ? then whats the anime about o.o ?
Mar 15, 2013 11:29 AM

Dec 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
The only person in my opinion, who doesn't want friends, is Yozora.

That is a fact actually .
Mar 15, 2013 11:31 AM

Apr 2011
Kobato was looking so kawaii in that movie, she is a true movie star. I think Kodoka knows who he wants.
Mar 15, 2013 12:07 PM
Oct 2012
Tommy0wn said:
Takuan_Soho said:
In this episode the revelation that Sena went to public school was awesome, there is definitely a lot more there that we will learn about.

How do you know their current school isn't a public school?

Public schools don't have nuns.
Mar 15, 2013 12:48 PM

Jun 2009
I thought Kodaka was just a deaf fuck, but it seems he was ignoring the girls. Which is actually worse, then again we got some awesome development because of that. Rika still is the best girl in my eyes. If Kodaka doesnt choose at the end I will go mental.
Mar 15, 2013 1:02 PM
Jan 2013
Poor Yozura, she got grilled for plagiarizing.

Then again she deserve it, much for Sena's delight.

Kobato kawaiiiiiiii.

Rika, kowaiii.
Mar 15, 2013 1:26 PM

Jul 2012
And Rika has made it to my extended favorites.

Funny how the girl who was once only known are the perverted scientist became one of the best girls in the show. Love character development.
Mar 15, 2013 3:23 PM

Feb 2008
So much plot development in recent episodes. I definitely liked the little conversation on the rooftop.
Mar 15, 2013 4:21 PM

Oct 2007
tsudecimo said:
Cyaniede said:

The status quo will remain which Kodaka main reason for acting dense .The club staying like this is Kodaka's selfish wish because the club is the closest thing to friendship he had since Yozora when there were kids.
Saying this is Kodaka's selfish wish is just one way to say it. But if you try to see it the other way around you will see the opposite. What if he chose one of them? This will became ANOTHER Kodaka's selfish wish by choosing his own happiness while destroying the other girls. No matter which way he choose they will be just his selfish wish. But by choosing no one he can prolong their friendship.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 15, 2013 4:28 PM

Dec 2012
Siva said:
tsudecimo said:
Cyaniede said:

Saying this is Kodaka's selfish wish is just one way to say it. But if you try to see it the other way around you will see the opposite. What if he chose one of them? This will became ANOTHER Kodaka's selfish wish by choosing his own happiness while destroying the other girls

You are misunderstanding something Kodaka happiness is the feel of ''friendship'' he gets from the club.He doesn't have romantic feelings to anyone in the club.
Mar 15, 2013 5:51 PM
Sep 2012
ihateeveryone said:
And Rika has made it to my extended favorites.

Funny how the girl who was once only known are the perverted scientist became one of the best girls in the show. Love character development.
I remember watching Shuffle! Rika is the same way like Asa Shigure. Highly Perverted and the 1 of the best characters in the show. And the guy Rin, He choose Asa as his girlfriend out of the other 4 girls. Reason why he choose her because. She's a good friend, always support him and she's a down to earth girl. Just like Rika is.
Mar 15, 2013 6:09 PM

Jan 2011
I like Rika even more for calling Kodaka out like that. Also loved her singing in the preview.
Mar 15, 2013 6:16 PM

Jul 2011
Well, in my opinion, this episode confirmed again that everybody will be just friends at the end.
Mar 15, 2013 6:17 PM

Oct 2007
tsudecimo said:
You are misunderstanding something Kodaka happiness is the feel of ''friendship'' he gets from the club.He doesn't have romantic feelings to anyone in the club.
I was just saying one of the possibility and what you said about "Happiness = Friendship" can be just another one of his selfish wish because it doesn't change the fact that he ignored their feeling. But being selfish does not mean it is bad. Also there is no surefire way to say that he has no romantic feelings toward anyone in the club at all.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Mar 16, 2013 2:13 AM
Mar 2013
i want to understand what was rika meaning in this scene and makes kodoka angry?

Mod Edit: Please use spoiler tags for large images.
LunaMar 16, 2013 6:36 AM
Mar 16, 2013 2:21 AM
Feb 2013
Lol, Yozura got grilled much to Sena's delight.

Looks like Rika was thinking that her and Kodaka has some chemistry.

Whoa, so Kobato isn't a grade schooler but a middle schooler, nice to see her in a uniform, ku,ku,ku.
Mar 16, 2013 4:10 AM

Jan 2011
And thus Rika becomes one of my favs for this anime. And now I am really interested on knowing what is behind Kodaka.
And then there is this sudden "appearance" in this all of the President and VP... some kind of last episodes sudden twist incoming?
Mar 16, 2013 6:55 AM

Aug 2012
Some plot development, me like :)
Mar 16, 2013 11:34 AM
Nov 2010
JustALEX said:
>Dat Kobato in dat School Uniform!!!

It's about fucking time Kobato is treated the way she should be....as the REAL star of this anime and superior to all others!

Fuck yes

"Kobato-sama"
One of the best moments
Mar 16, 2013 12:29 PM
Sep 2011
My love for season 2 of Haganai just increased drastically. The last few episodes I have been getting so sick of Kodaka complaining about "Not haivng friends", and just acting like a straight up douche bag to the other characters by ignoring their feelings(and I say ignoring, because I refuse to believe anyone is stupid enough to not notice a girl likes them when they literally ask him out on a date).
He says he has no friends, yet he has the entire club around him.
He says he has no love and yet several of the girls(and by several I mean Rika and Sena) have made there feelings quite clear to him.

Don't take this as me saying I dislike season 2 either, I have loved this show all season. However if I had one major problem it was that, so I am happy the show seems to be adressing it.
I aslo feel it appriate to say my like for Rika's character went way up in this episode, heck I think I'm starting to like her more than Sena.
edl01Mar 16, 2013 12:33 PM
Mar 16, 2013 12:41 PM

Dec 2012
edl01 said:
My love for season 2 of Haganai just increased drastically. The last few episodes I have been getting so sick of Kodaka complaining about "Not haivng friends", and just acting like a straight up douche bag to the other characters by ignoring their feelings(and I say ignoring, because I refuse to believe anyone is stupid enough to not notice a girl likes them when they literally ask him out on a date).
He says he has no love and yet several of the girls(and by several I mean Rika and Sena) have made there feelings quite clear to him.

Don't take this as me saying I dislike season 2 either, I have loved this show all season. However if I had one major problem it was that, so I am happy the show seems to be adressing it.
I aslo feel it appriate to say my like for Rika's character went way up in this episode, heck I think I'm starting to like her more than Sena.

Looks like you arn't getting Kodaka character .-.
Mar 16, 2013 1:13 PM
Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
edl01 said:

It's not that I don't get him. I just thought he was being a prick, and the show seems to be adressing that fact at the end of this episode.
Mar 16, 2013 1:19 PM

Dec 2012
edl01 said:
tsudecimo said:
edl01 said:

It's not that I don't get him. I just thought he was a prick, and the show seems to be adressing that fact at the end of this episode.

He is not really a prick he just doesn't want to disturb the club since he is the center of it .The club is the closest thing he has to friendship in his life since he was a kid with Yozora so him choosing a girl over another will ruin the club and he doesn't want that.
He values that sense of friendship he gets from the club so him acting dense is his way of keeping it together.
Mar 16, 2013 1:35 PM

Apr 2011
hmmm, I'm a big fan of Kodaka x Yozora.. I ship them..but now,

I don't want Kodaka to choose any of the girls..I don't want their friendship to be broken.. It's just sad.. but it would be much worse if true feelings would be ignored..
Mar 16, 2013 2:45 PM

Jul 2010
Finally the whole thing about him pretending not to hear is out. His "Hmm, what was that?" was really getting on my nerves, even though I knew why he did it. Rika's pretty perceptive for noticing.

Kodaka already knows they're all friends already and desperately wants the keep their relationship as is. Therefore he brushed every advance off.

Mar 16, 2013 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't take screen shots this time but DAT ASS (both Yozora and the new girl's) lol.
Also I liked that Kobato is popular but I hate that she is so against in getting friends. Only if she would just try to see...
And that moment on the roof-top was tense.
akira25ysai said:
hmmm, I'm a big fan of Kodaka x Yozora.. I ship them..but now,

I don't want Kodaka to choose any of the girls..I don't want their friendship to be broken.. It's just sad.. but it would be much worse if true feelings would be ignored..

THIS! I'm a Kodaka x Sora fan too, but
akira25ysai said:
I don't want Kodaka to choose any of the girls..I don't want their friendship to be broken.. It's just sad..

He should totally make a harem, though I kind of doubt it that Yozora would agree to share Kodaka, mostly with Sena. And as we know Sena's room, she would probably love it =D
Mar 16, 2013 3:01 PM
Feb 2012
Great episode. Rika and Kobato were especially brilliant in this episode. So Sena is replacing Kodaka's role in her film with Kobato... I found that especially amusing. XD!

I can understand why Kodaka acted ignorant after all this time. I recall him saying something to Sena a couple of episodes ago when Sena asked him about having a girlfriend. How can he have a girlfriend when he hasn't even made friends yet? Or, he replied something along those lines. I found that part especially interesting. It's clear, in my eyes, that he values friendship.

How is he going to act now? Not just towards the girl in his club, but the other girls outside the club like Sister Kate and Yusa Aoi.

In my opinion, harem is the only solution. ;)

In all seriousness, I'm loving this series. Twenty minutes flies by far too quickly, can't wait until next week.^^'
Mar 16, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2012
AlphaDelta said:
Great episode. Rika and Kobato were especially brilliant in this episode. So Sena is replacing Kodaka's role in her film with Kobato... I found that especially amusing. XD!

I can understand why Kodaka acted ignorant after all this time. I recall him saying something to Sena a couple of episodes ago when Sena asked him about having a girlfriend. How can he have a girlfriend when he hasn't even made friends yet? Or, he replied something along those lines. I found that part especially interesting. It's clear, in my eyes, that he values friendship.

How is he going to act now? Not just towards the girl in his club, but the other girls outside the club like Sister Kate and Yusa Aoi.

In all seriousness, I'm loving this series. Twenty minutes flies by far too quickly, can't wait until next week.^^'

I don't think harem is the only solution. I think something needs to happen where he chooses one of the girls but then the other girls understand why they got together and accepts their relationship. Then they all stay as friends. It can happen and I think thats what the author will try to do.
Mar 16, 2013 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
AlphaDelta said:

I wish for harem too, maybe secret harem :)). But as I already stated in #146 I would mostly like Kodaka x Sora.
Mar 16, 2013 3:46 PM
Feb 2012
rupok93 said:
I don't think harem is the only solution. I think something needs to happen where he chooses one of the girls but then the other girls understand why they got together and accepts their relationship. Then they all stay as friends. It can happen and I think thats what the author will try to do.

I think you're right. Whilst I prefer harem endings I think your idea would be an amicable solution too.^^' The main concept of this story, after all, is to make friends. =)

ao_no_exo said:
I wish for harem too, maybe secret harem :)). But as I already stated in #146 I would mostly like Kodaka x Sora.

Secret harem would be sweet. ;-) In all honesty I like all the pairings so I don't mind who he ends up with. :)
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

253 by Ske80 »»
Apr 17, 6:47 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

675 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 6:11 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

457 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

183 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 3:19 AM

Poll: » Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

171 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 16, 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.