Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 10, 2013 1:34 PM

Sep 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

The Final Chapter - Nozoki Ana (A Peephole)

Kido goes into the bar. "Come on in!"

"Hey, Tatsuhiko! Over here, over here! Everyone is waiting! They're upstairs already!" says Yoneyama.

"Sorry I'm late. Work ran late." says Kido.

"Since graduation, you haven't seen them for about a year eh?" says Yoneyama.

"Wasn't I out drinking with you guys last month? Are you going senile already, Yoneyama?" asks Kido.

"No, I mean everyone from class!"

Throwing her arms around him and saying,"You're laaate Taaa kun! Especially bothersome to come out to the alumni meeting, ehhh?" slurs...

"Makiko...!" says Kido, "...you're drunk? Drinking is not allowed."

"No, she's just naturally high!" says Yoneyama.

"Look at Yone's face, Ta kun! I burst out laughing!" says Makiko.

"The drinks are on me because I'm in a creative company," says Yoneyama.

"Just a crummy little game company!" says Makiko, "just the graphic artist really Zatsuyo kun!"

"Lies!"

"Ta kun, you're working for a writing tools company?" asks Makiko.

"Yeah, it's desperate times for business right now! Have real design hopes but I'm not really good enough."

"Ya, just being in the company for a year. At this point Makiko is very skilled. Eh?"

Kido asks her, "How far along now?"

"Three months," Makiko says with a smile, holding her belly.

"You look happy, Makiko," says Kido.

"Yeah," she says, with a smile and sticking her tongue out and adds, "Oh yeah, I've got a letter to everyone from Yuri!"

Letter from Yuri: "Everyone, are you well? I am currently working in Italy rather than Hokkaido. The purpose of my work is short term study abroad. Every day is fresh and really fun. Between busy days I sit here by myself gazing out the window in my room, reminiscing about everyone back home. In the over two years we had good times, lots of fun, trying times, which I didn't appreciate but now I'm a bit lonely. Especially Tatsuhiko kun, want to talk about a lot of stuff some day when there is time. Someday want to get together with you all again, Tatsuhiko, Yoneyama, Makiko... and even Emiru, everyone together, smiling!"

Everyone seems a bit shocked at the last part. Kido thanks Makiko for giving them the letter. Pouring another drink, Yoneyama says it was a happy letter and this is a great night. "Really great!" he says, tossing it back. "Would have been even better if Emiru had been here," he adds, killing the mood a bit.

That's right, Kido thinks, from this day on its about a year since graduation.

"Tatuhiko, we're heading out," says Yoneyama, "Yeah," adds Makiko, Kido replying, "yeah, it'll be tomorrow soon."

Kido thinks, I will wait forever until I see Emiru again.

"This time, drinking buddies!"

"Yeah, me too, "drinking master."

"Bad for Makiko though."

Down the street, "Hey, Madoka, what's wrong? Let's go. Hey."

"Wait." says Madoka.

"People you know?"

"Yeah. No problem. Bye, bye Kido kun."

"Something to say to them?"

"It's nothing."

Kido thinks, today was the alumni meeting, something has changed, seems everyone has become somewhat of an adult, time has passed. Who would agree we are equal, relaxed, certain... Emiru said she felt like she was in a rut, ever since we made love she had been stuck. Now I am stuck... The time to meet Emiru again is not something to laugh about... The waiting year is making me desperate to make progress from where I am. "Wait one year..." The time limit for meeting was today. For every day after today, I'm afraid ... Reality may knock me down.

Kido arrives home.

This time for her, time has flowed too, for me it is long past blowing it off, forgetting...

What if today... especially tired...

"Aa....a.....a" the peephole is lit! He looks through! Kido runs down the hall to her apartment, huffing. It still says 'Ikuno' on the nameplate. He tries the door to her apartment. It is open. She is sitting on the floor, kneeling. She is modestly dressed in a skirt, jacket and blouse.

"Hey... stupid..." He says with a smile.

Emiru turns her head to the side. "The nameplate and... the key... were not changed eh?... The peephole is still there..." she says.

"I rented two rooms in the same apartment! It's family owned and double the cost... was tough just on my meagre salary. Really just barely able to wait... you really are low..."

She jumps up, puts her arm around him and kisses him. "Uh?!" he says.

"I was really selfish and I'm sorry. Selfish and alone. I... had hoped to be a normal girl, but not with stylish clothes and accessories, not having my spirit affected by praise, romantic words and expressions. I didn't want to be forever searching until it hurts for another you... so Kido kun..." she says with her hand coming up.

She put her fingers to her eye in her peeping gesture and asks, "wouldn't you like to 'show each other'' with me? From now on...forever?!"

Kido has a happy blushing face. Emiru is happy, blushing and laughing as they hug and laugh and he says, "Gladly!"

Nozoki Ana, the end.

-----

Wow, what a trip. Loved it! For all that it was it ended up being, for me, one of the best adult romance stories I have read. I knew from the start I wanted them to get together so I'm glad they did. Sure was a long journey... but a fun one in the end.

Note that "show each other" is a change to the "peep each other" relationship they had before with her rules. Peep each other is completely made up Japanese while "show each other" is an actual compound verb.
hpulleyNov 29, 2013 4:31 PM
Mar 11, 2013 6:01 PM
Aug 2012
zzz so can i find the raw online just want to finish this damn series already :S? Pretty sure you bought it but let me know if you see the raw online
"届どいた....手紙?" - スワ(オレンジ)
Mar 11, 2013 6:04 PM

Sep 2012
muntasir123 said:
zzz so can i find the raw online just want to finish this damn series already :S? Pretty sure you bought it but let me know if you see the raw online

I buy all my manga and novels so I don't even know where to look, sorry. Google probably is your best bet!
Mar 12, 2013 8:32 AM

Mar 2011
muntasir123 said:

Try raw.senmanga.com

And thanks hpulley for the translation!
Mar 12, 2013 9:05 AM

Sep 2012
chuckfan said:
And thanks hpulley for the translation!

You are welcome!!
Apr 11, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2009
Have they ever had sex?
Apr 11, 2013 12:07 PM

Sep 2012
Blaz said:
Have they ever had sex?

For an answer, read my summary from the previous chapter, not sure if these are scanlated yet:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=568161
Apr 11, 2013 2:53 PM

Mar 2011
This was really good. I can't wait until the end.
Is anime the only thing you do everyday?
Apr 11, 2013 3:03 PM

Sep 2012
Sezumi said:
This was really good. I can't wait until the end.

Umm, 117 is the final chapter.
May 23, 2013 9:23 PM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

The Final Chapter - Nozoki Ana (A Peephole)

Kido goes into the bar. "Come on in!"

"Hey, Tatsuhiko! Over here, over here! Everyone is waiting! They're upstairs already!" says Yoneyama.

"Sorry I'm late. Work ran long." says Kido.

"Since graduation, you haven't seen them for about a year eh?" says Yoneyama.

"Wasn't I out drinking with you guys last month? Are you going senile already, Yoneyama?" asks Kido.

"No, I mean everyone from class!"

Throwing her arms around him and saying,"You're laaate Taaa kun! Especially bothersome to come out to the alumni meeting, ehhh?" slurs...

"Makiko...!" says Kido, "...you're drunk? Drinking is not allowed."

"No, she's just naturally high!" says Yoneyama.

"Look at Yone's face, Ta kun! I burst out laughing!" says Makiko.

"The drinks are on me because I'm in a creative company," says Yoneyama.

"Just a crummy little game company!" says Makiko, "just the graphic artist really Zatsuyo kun!"

"Lies!"

"Ta kun, you're working for a writing tools company?" asks Makiko.

"Yeah, it's desperate times for business right now! Have real design hopes but I'm not really good enough."

"Ya, just being in the company for a year. At this point Makiko is very skilled. Eh?"

Kido asks her, "How far along now?"

"Three months," Makiko says with a smile, holding her belly.

"You look happy, Makiko," says Kido.

"Yeah," she says, with a smile and sticking her tongue out and adds, "Oh yeah, I've got a letter to everyone from Yuri!"

Letter from Yuri: "Everyone, are you well? I am currently working in Italy rather than Hokkaido. The purpose of my work is short term study abroad. Every day is fresh and really fun. Between busy days I sit here by myself gazing out the window in my room, reminiscing about everyone back home. In the over two years we had good times, lots of fun, trying times, which I didn't appreciate but now I'm a bit lonely. Especially Tatsuhiko kun, want to talk about a lot of stuff some day when there is time. Someday want to get together with you all again, Tatsuhiko, Yoneyama, Makiko... and even Emiru, everyone together, smiling!"

Everyone seems a bit shocked at the last part. Kido thanks Makiko for giving them the letter. Pouring another drink, Yoneyama says it was a happy letter and this is a great night. "Really great!" he says, tossing it back. "Would have been even better if Emiru had been here," he adds, killing the mood a bit.

That's right, Kido thinks, from this day on its about a year since graduation.

"Tatuhiko, we're heading out," says Yoneyama, "Yeah," adds Makiko, Kido replying, "yeah, it'll be tomorrow soon."

Kido thinks, I will wait forever until I see Emiru again.

"This time, drinking buddies!"

"Yeah, me too, "drinking master."

"Bad for Makiko though."

Down the street, "Hey, Madoka, what's wrong? Let's go. Hey."

"Wait." says Madoka.

"People you know?"

"Yeah. No problem. Bye, bye Kido kun."

"Something to say to them?"

"It's nothing."

Kido thinks, today was the alumni meeting, something has changed, seems everyone has become somewhat of an adult, time has passed. Who would agree we are equal, relaxed, certain... Emiru said she felt like she was in a rut, ever since we made love she had been stuck. Now I am stuck... The time to meet Emiru again is not something to laugh about... The waiting year is making me desperate to make progress from where I am. "Wait one year..." she said. The time limit for meeting was today. For every day after today, I'm afraid ... Reality may knock me down.

Kido arrives home.

This time for her, time has flowed too, for me it is long past blowing it off, forgetting...

What if today... especially tired...

"Aa....a.....a" the peephole is lit! He looks through! Kido runs down the hall to her apartment, huffing. It still says 'Ikuno' on the nameplate. He tries the door to her apartment. It is open. She is sitting on the floor, kneeling. She is modestly dressed in a skirt, jacket and blouse.

"Hey... stupid..." He says with a smile.

Emiru turns her head to the side. "The nameplate and... the key... were not changed eh?... The peephole is still there..." she says.

"I rented two rooms in the same apartment! It's family owned and double the cost... was tough just on my meagre salary. Really just barely able to wait... you really are low..."

She jumps up, puts her arm around him and kisses him. "Uh?!" he says.

"I was really selfish and I'm sorry. Selfish and alone. I... had hoped to be a normal girl, but not with stylish clothes and accessories, not having my spirit affected by praise, romantic words and expressions. I didn't want to be forever searching until it hurts for another you... so Kido kun..." she says with her hand coming up.

She put her fingers to her eye in her peeping gesture and asks, "wouldn't you like to 'show each other'' with me? From now on...forever?!"

Kido has a happy blushing face. Emiru is happy, blushing and laughing as they hug and laugh and he says, "Gladly!"

Nozoki Ana, the end.

-----

Wow, what a trip. Loved it! For all that it was it ended up being, for me, one of the best adult romance stories I have read. I knew from the start I wanted them to get together so I'm glad they did. Sure was a long journey... but a fun one in the end.

Note that "show each other" is a change to the "peep each other" relationship they had before with her rules. Peep each other is completely made up Japanese while "show each other" is an actual compound verb.

That was crazy good.

Thanks for the translations btw! :)
May 24, 2013 11:54 PM

Sep 2012
It was crazy good! I am so glad that his spinoff is starting up again, Nozomi and Kimio are fun too!

I did the previous chapter too for context:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=568161
hpulleyMay 25, 2013 12:03 AM
May 30, 2013 6:42 PM

Jul 2011
Nice series overall, the art is fine, also the plot. The final is good, everybody seems happy or at least almost all. About the main character...I'm quite sure he was using a Bible Black.

7/10
Jun 2, 2013 9:43 PM

Jun 2009
good manga, i just finished it toady. the final volume is yet to be translated but i just cant wait for it. so reading raws is the only way to go.

anyway my comment for the ending:

9/10
Oct 9, 2013 6:09 PM

Jul 2012
.....So Amazing... i read all the Manga in 1 1/2 days... during the night....all the day...
And i like the end :D I was scared, that he will never see her again ... But that didn't happend :D
Maybe you can recommend Mangas like that? :D
Oct 9, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
Yunalescara said:
.....So Amazing... i read all the Manga in 1 1/2 days... during the night....all the day...
And i like the end :D I was scared, that he will never see her again ... But that didn't happend :D

Recommend

TOSHIUE NO HITO
UNBALANCE X UNBALANCE
Oct 10, 2013 2:46 AM

Sep 2012
Yunalescara said:

I know! I couldn't breathe until I knew she came back, I was so afraid she was gone forever. If I had been reading it monthly I might have died of suspense.

Nozo x Kimi by the same author.
Oct 10, 2013 9:30 AM

Jul 2012
Now i read Nozo x Kimi too :D But is this Manga really so short? O.o
Unfortunately i finished this too, and there was no kiss... and the end was...
not so nice as Nozoki Ana :D
Maybe more Recommend Mangas? :D
Now i will read TOSHIUE NO HITO and UNBALANCE X UNBALANCE
And thanks for the infos :D
Oct 10, 2013 11:35 AM

Sep 2012
Nozo x Kimi has just started, not done yet and not many chapters out, just two books so far.
Oct 11, 2013 6:47 AM

Jul 2012
Ahhh...there will be more? :D Mhm... okay then... i wait for it :DD
Oct 11, 2013 6:53 AM

Sep 2012
Yunalescara said:
Ahhh...there will be more? :D Mhm... okay then... i wait for it :DD
Yes, the author took a break form Nozo x Kimi to finish Nozoki Ana manga and anime but that is now their full time project again.
Oct 11, 2013 12:22 PM

Jul 2012
Oh nice :D First, when comes the new Manga chapters out? You know a release Date? And an Anime from Nozoki Ana? You mean this 1 Episode? Or2? Or a complete Anime from Nozoki Ana? This would be great :D
But another Question :D Who do you like most? And they are Characters, from you doesn't know, how they develop? As Exampel Yuri Kotobiki... I was shocked as i read that she has got another boyfriend... Cause i liked her very much :D And at the end... i liked her again...because i feel sorry for her... And i dont know actually why xD And what happend with Madoka? I think i dont understand that ... xD
I hope you understand my bad english...sry comes from germany ;D
Oct 11, 2013 12:31 PM

Sep 2012
There is one OVA of Nozoki Ana. It is almost an hour and covers the first 20 or so chapters. I hope they do more, would be great if they could do all the way to this chapter but that could be about 4 more OVAs and I doubt that will happen.

I love Kido and Emiru really! Those I shipped since the first chapter and I'm so glad they finally got together after all that time.

The chapters of Nozo x Kimi, I read in Japanese so they are coming out regularly now. Not sure about translations as I don't use them.
Oct 15, 2013 5:50 AM
Oct 2013
Wait someone help what does makiko mean when she says 3 months along?
Oct 15, 2013 6:12 AM

Sep 2012
YukiKazuto said:
Wait someone help what does makiko mean when she says 3 months along?
I think she is pregnant, wasn't drinking alcohol at the party.
Oct 15, 2013 6:18 AM
Oct 2013
But what does this mean? I thought she didn't swing that way
Oct 15, 2013 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
YukiKazuto said:
Doesn't seem to say any more than what is here. Not sure if it is implied that she has grown up, grown out of that or what. It doesn't actually say she is pregnant but I don't know what else holding your belly and saying 3 months can possibly mean?!?!?

She seems to leave with Yoneyama but just a friend or more doesn't seem to be explicitly spelled out.
hpulleyOct 15, 2013 7:05 AM
Oct 15, 2013 7:46 AM
Oct 2013
Did anyone else find it interesting that throughout the whole series after the breakup with Yuri Kotobiki, she did not once say "I'm Sorry" or "Forgive me for using you" to Tatsuhiko? When i think about that fact i get really angry inside.
Oct 16, 2013 6:17 AM

Jul 2013
YukiKazuto said:

It's implied that she is pregnant and that she is with Yoneyama. She's not a lesbian. If anything she was bi-curious.
Dec 10, 2013 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
IT'S HERE!!!! FINAL CHAPTER
Dec 10, 2013 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
As requested, the difference in the translations:

hpulley:

""I was really selfish and I'm sorry. Selfish and alone. I... had hoped to be a normal girl, but not with stylish clothes and accessories, not having my spirit affected by praise, romantic words and expressions. I didn't want to be forever searching until it hurts for another you... so Kido kun..." she says with her hand coming up."

Japanzai:

""I'm sorry for having been so selfish. But I have just one more selfish request for you. Other girls all wish for fancy clothes and accessories, but for me, none of that matters. I don't need you to be suave...I don't need you to even be romantic with me. I only want to indulge in continuing to watch you as I have. If I can do that, I don't need anything else."
Dec 10, 2013 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
"With pleasure!"

Yay for a happy ending although I thought it was a bit predictable. Overall, 6/10. This was a nice ride though.
Dec 10, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2013
That was a nice ending. Looks like Makiko is pregnant, and Madoka got together with Seiji.
Dec 10, 2013 11:08 AM

Sep 2008
Gah, the rushed ending/time skip thingy is the only blemish in this awesome manga! D:
Dec 10, 2013 1:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A bit rushed to be honest towards the end. Much better at the beggining and the middle. but overall an entertaining read.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 10, 2013 2:15 PM

Jul 2009
What an amazing manga. I started this manga almost exactly 1 year ago. I remember during the winter break, I went on a marathon reading the first 100 chapters within a few days. It was painful to wait for Japanzai's releases throughout the year. I think the manga really fell off track near the mid-end. It became stale and that's why I think it quickly drew to a close. Nonetheless, the ending was nothing revolution but it was at least satisfactory. Overall, 8/10.
KurogashiDec 10, 2013 2:18 PM
Dec 10, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2012
This series was amazing! I have been reading Nozoki Ana for years now I do not even know when I picked it up. It has been an emotional ride with this manga and I loved every bit of it. This was fantastic overall but I cannot wait for Nozoki Ana 2 The Huge Family Edition to come out.

Great chapter and series.
Dec 10, 2013 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
Great series. Really really enjoyed it. Felt many emotions through it all, sadness, happiness, anger, many feelings. We really saw Kido and Emiru grow up. Went through many hardships, him hating her and hating to peep. To loving and understanding who she really is. Going to miss this series, thank you Nozoki Ana!
Dec 10, 2013 8:05 PM

Jul 2012
almost cry reading the ending, good manga
Dec 11, 2013 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
Finally. Totally loved the ending. But i'm curious about what she said in the omake.. Nozoki Ana 2?

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 11, 2013 3:35 AM

Sep 2012
Choroshi said:
Finally. Totally loved the ending. But i'm curious about what she said in the omake.. Nozoki Ana 2?
I think Nozomi x Kimio is what was meant by Nozoki Ana 2 unless they meant OVA 2 as an OVA came with volume 13.
Dec 11, 2013 6:15 AM

Oct 2009
Thank you. For anyone involved in the scanlation, the creation or the distribution of the manga, for every reader, for everyone who dropped it, for anyone who even just heard of Nozoki Ana, I am thankful. I enjoyed the uncertainty of the translation throughout the years, I enjoyed having my heart broken due to my favorite character getting involved in an utterly painful netorare situation, I am thankful for everything. I did not regret one moment of me reading this series.
Because I had fun reading it. And for all those who provided that fun, I'm thankful!

Seriously, though. Thanks!
mwpDec 11, 2013 6:22 AM
Dec 11, 2013 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
hpulley said:
Choroshi said:
I think Nozomi x Kimio is what was meant by Nozoki Ana 2 unless they meant OVA 2 as an OVA came with volume 13.

I don't think they were serious. There's rumored to be an OVA 2 but nothing has appeared, as far as I know.
Dec 11, 2013 7:13 AM

Sep 2012
RightSaidFred said:
hpulley said:
Choroshi said:

I don't think they were serious. There's rumored to be an OVA 2 but nothing has appeared, as far as I know.
Yes, the parts about Emiru having 3 kids. There could be a peephole to the nursery instead of the bedroom LOL
Dec 12, 2013 7:15 AM
Apr 2011
I love this manga, so sad to see it end, but the ending is just brilliant. Time to start reading Nozomi x Kimio.
Dec 12, 2013 12:41 PM

Mar 2013
Pretty good manga, was a good read through, but it eventually had to finish
Dec 13, 2013 7:44 AM

Feb 2012
Loved this manga. An ecchi with sex and romance with char and plot development. It was a pleasant read. I'll miss it for sure.

It's a shame this manga couldn't get a TV series though it's understandable. A lot of the sex easily beats most hentai out there :P
Dec 13, 2013 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
Not that great an ending but I liked the manga a lot overall.
Dec 13, 2013 8:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was a fun series to finally marathon after a long time of waiting for the oppotunity to start it.

I really wish there existed more series like this where they don't beat around the bush and actually DO SOMETHING in an intimate sense, and straight from the beginning at that, WITHOUT turning into Hentai.

The entire story felt like a linear 18+ visual novel storyline more than one you'd generally find in a manga which also was nice to see for a change.

9.5/10 overall for the sake of originality, enjoyment and great character development. Great series, really liked it.
HaXXspettenDec 13, 2013 9:58 AM
Dec 13, 2013 9:54 AM

Sep 2012
I agree, this is my favorite seinen romance manga ever. Romance, relationships, sadness, happiness, and they actually do it, and show it as far as you can go without getting into trouble for importing it. Absolutely love it. Glad we have Nozomi x Kimio.
Dec 13, 2013 3:51 PM

Mar 2011
Well I think we can finally close this one, it's been a fun ride!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 70 Discussion

Explicitz - Dec 26, 2011

19 by Ssnowyy »»
Mar 16, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 97 Discussion

writtenonclouds - Oct 7, 2012

36 by YankataY »»
Mar 4, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 96 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 30, 2012

34 by YankataY »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 95 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 23, 2012

23 by YankataY »»
Feb 9, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Nozoki Ana Chapter 94 Discussion

Potatoboy27 - Sep 16, 2012

32 by YankataY »»
Feb 5, 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.