Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2013 5:56 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Kud ;.;

Well, nice to see a little more of her history. She's so kawaiii during her childhood imo. So ya, episode was a little moody not to mention some brief visions I think that Riki saw.

Kud's tears ;.;

From the preview, there's going to be the chain scene?!
Mar 9, 2013 6:19 AM

Sep 2011
So they'll finally end her arc on the next episode. I thought they're going to end it on this episode.

Mar 9, 2013 7:32 AM

Mar 2013
Mar 9, 2013 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
Wow... This episode is actually really well done. I LOVED the hints to the Secret of the world in this ep. Especially with him trying to call Haruka and the scene with Kyousuke. I think the show is beginning to become A LOT more mysterious now with this.
Mar 9, 2013 7:36 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:
http://i.imgur.com/hTIycvK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ldEJsfD.jpg

Kanata's ahoge have magic or what ?

JC Staff mistakes are always inevitable.

Mar 9, 2013 7:42 AM

Jan 2011
This is my favorite Kud's episode so far. I thought that I wouldn't like this episode because I believed that this episode would just be about sending Kud back but they managed to incorporate more hints and foreshadowing.

I have a comment about the Kyousuke and Kud scene but I'll refrain until I see the subs XD;;

And another thing. They need to stop overusing Unused Track 3. I'm fine if they occasionally used this track but I feel like I'm hearing this track in every 2 episodes =__=;; There are other tracks that can be used during a particular scene. Seriously, I will make a list of the OSTs used in this season if I have to.. Oh well, I want that instrumental of Song for Friends though XD;;
Mar 9, 2013 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
Sa-chan_ said:
zakkun89 said:

But her ahoge literally move from left to right....It's like they didn't even rewatch the episode after making it o.o
Mar 9, 2013 7:44 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:
Sa-chan_ said:
zakkun89 said:

But her ahoge literally move from left to right....It's like they didn't even rewatch the episode after making it o.o

Well, they have always some stupid issues like Kud's "magic shoes".

Most likely they'll fix the "magic ahoge" on the BDs.

Mar 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Jun 2010
At least the question from Kyousuke is really easy to read through: "Have you recalled everything?" And on top of that those flashbacks
Mar 9, 2013 7:45 AM

Jan 2011
Seano299 said:
Wow... This episode is actually really well done. I LOVED the hints to the Secret of the world in this ep. Especially with him trying to call Haruka and the scene with Kyousuke. I think the show is beginning to become A LOT more mysterious now with this.

I agree with you. I feel like LB! will give more hints and expose more secrets as the character routes are completed.

helski666 said:
At least the question from Kyousuke is really easy to read through: "Have you recalled everything?" And on top of that those flashbacks

Ohhhhhhhhh, that clears up the slight confusion I had.

I love how this episode had more Secrets of the World hints. It confirms some of the theories I had with the execution of it in this anime.
dizzyworld2Mar 9, 2013 7:50 AM
Mar 9, 2013 7:50 AM

Mar 2013
Ugh so i guess I won't get to see Kud's naked body next week.

Sa-chan_ said:

Well, they have always some stupid issues like Kud's "magic shoes".

Most likely they'll fix the "magic ahoge" on the BDs.

What "magic shoes" ????
Never mind,don't tell me,I don't want to know...
Mar 9, 2013 8:35 AM

Jul 2012
What did exactly Kyousuke tell Kud?
Mar 9, 2013 9:15 AM

Jul 2010
Loved this episode. Loved the hints to the secret of the world. And those flashbacks... Awesome.
Mar 9, 2013 9:18 AM

Jun 2011
I work in VNs. Sometimes, they have h-scenes and I go "waai~". I also like to not write at Oppai is Justice, a blog with great urls.
Mar 9, 2013 9:39 AM

Mar 2013
...Are the people here all this crazy/hyped for refrain ?
Mar 9, 2013 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
zakkun89 said:

Not me but I thought the foreshadowing was pretty neat.
I work in VNs. Sometimes, they have h-scenes and I go "waai~". I also like to not write at Oppai is Justice, a blog with great urls.
Mar 9, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2011
zakkun89 said:

Yes.

Mar 9, 2013 10:34 AM

Mar 2013
Yukariki said:
zakkun89 said:

Not me but I thought the foreshadowing was pretty neat.

You're part of the "crazy/hyped" though...

This is still Kud's arc and you guys are all like "GOD HAS FINALLY BLESSED US WITH REFRAIN'S SIGN ! WE'RE SAVED!" or something :O

Not that I'm complaining,I like it actually.
Maybe it's just that there're way too many enthusiatic VN players here compare to the previous places I've been to.
Mar 9, 2013 11:00 AM

Dec 2012
LB was moved to 4 A.M. in my country, now I have to wait until tomorrow at night to watch the new cap. T_____________T

This is how it all begins.

My RYM|My Last.Fm|My Steam
Mar 9, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
Kud's broken voice (well technically she hardly even seemed phased at all here) and crying sounded absolutely terrible. and not even compared to the VN. it just sounded extremely amatuer.

this scares the shit out of me... because crying needs to be portrayed fucking well in refrain.

QUALITY in a kud episode? i don't even know what to believe anymore

well whatever, good things about this episode:

kyousuke being a super ikemen
suginami's appearance. (YAY HANAKANA)
Unused track 3 (song for friends)
secret of the WOOOOOOOORLD
Funya-UsagiMar 9, 2013 2:01 PM
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Mar 9, 2013 2:14 PM

Mar 2013
Funya-Usagi said:

suginami's appearance. (YAY HANAKANA)

wat,she's voiced by Kana Hanazawa !? ALL IS FORGIVEN !
Mar 9, 2013 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
Yay! They used the unused version of Song for Friends.
Mar 9, 2013 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
Dat Symbolism.
Dat suginami appearing, she looks pretty good being animated :O!
Dem Secrets of the World.
Mar 9, 2013 6:58 PM
Feb 2013
Hmm Wish there was more hinting of Suginami's

but kinda cool she got an appearance.

Overall, it was good episode.
Mar 9, 2013 7:00 PM
Jun 2012
badgerkins said:

We'll get there because Rin should be right after Yuiko arc and you know what that means...
Mar 9, 2013 7:07 PM

Sep 2012
Omg I loved

Guess I was wrong when I thought they were going to pour all their budget into this route. Plenty of quality scenes but Kud did get the most episodes compared to the other heroines.
Mar 9, 2013 7:15 PM
Feb 2013
lavanio said:
badgerkins said:

We'll get there because Rin should be right after Yuiko arc and you know what that means...

Yeah, I just thought some more foreshadowing would of been nice at that moment.
Mar 9, 2013 7:22 PM

May 2012
That scene where Riki trys to call haruka and Mio actually had me trippy so trippy.
If they can make more scenes like this during parts of refrain 10/10 easily
Mar 9, 2013 7:36 PM

Sep 2012
The foreboding is strong with this one...

Oh, and I FINALLY realised why Mio was missing during Haruka's climax. For the same reason Mio and Haruka are now missing from Kud's climax. And of course, Komari is still there, because...

...she's selfish, right?
Mar 9, 2013 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
SleepingEntity said:
The foreboding is strong with this one...

Oh, and I FINALLY realised why Mio was missing during Haruka's climax. For the same reason Mio and Haruka are now missing from Kud's climax. And of course, Komari is still there, because...

...she's selfish, right?

It's Komari man.
Mar 9, 2013 7:49 PM

Jul 2012
Can't wait for next episode. The writing in the visual novel that the episode will be based off of in my mind was superb, and I feel they are doing a fantastic job making the VN into an anime. So excited!!!!
Mar 9, 2013 7:59 PM

Sep 2012
The writing and scene placement, especially with Kyousuke and Kud, and Riki and Kud during the second half of the episode was excellent.
They're building up Kud's story very well to wrap up her route next episode.
Feels will be expected next week.
And I teared up when Masato did
Mar 9, 2013 8:03 PM
Jun 2011
Call me a creep if you wish but I'm not big on breaking lolis.
If they want to break her it's going to either sting like no tomorrow, or drive me further into apathy.
I watch key showsa to prove to myself that I am still able to comprehend that all good things must end, as must all bad things.

Suffering lolis have historically NEVER ended well for me.
Sasami, Asuna, Ushio, Setsuko...

I swore I wouldn't run away like I always do.
I always run when things get tough, that's why I ost something important to who I was.
I go by many names, some call me Hoshimaru, others call me Jiro or Aosou-Kun.
I believe myself a force for good, a papercrafter by trade, and one who seeks love and beauty animesque.

I am the host of the youtube show Who Would You Do?
Mar 9, 2013 8:31 PM

Sep 2012
Hoshimaru57 said:
Call me a creep if you wish but I'm not big on breaking lolis.
If they want to break her it's going to either sting like no tomorrow, or drive me further into apathy.
I watch key showsa to prove to myself that I am still able to comprehend that all good things must end, as must all bad things.

Suffering lolis have historically NEVER ended well for me.
Sasami, Asuna, Ushio, Setsuko...

I swore I wouldn't run away like I always do.
I always run when things get tough, that's why I ost something important to who I was.

Slight Spoiler:
Mar 9, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2011
I have to say, this episode was well done. Now it is time to end Kud's arc in the coming episode, and will of course look forward to that. Especially the end of it.

The hints that was dropped, Kyousuke's conversation with Kud and how Futaki Kanata is more integrated in the group when it comes to Kud was really good, and I hope the suspense like this will continue to the remainder of the season.

Mar 9, 2013 8:37 PM

Nov 2011
Why is the worst route in the visual novel the one being adapted so well? I don't get it.
Mar 9, 2013 8:39 PM

Apr 2010
KyouEri said:
Why is the worst route in the visual novel the one being adapted so well? I don't get it.

Kud is by far the most popular of the girls so its no surprise they put most of their effort towards adapting that route right.

Mar 9, 2013 8:46 PM

Sep 2012
KyouEri said:

Worst route? Not even close.
Did you even get the metaphors and symbolism in Kud's route ?
Did you even appreciate that it's one of the few routes that seamlessly integrated the secret of the world into the story?
Kud's route was hardly the worst route. Sorry if one of the other girls you liked got a subpar adaptation compared to Kud's. I was never crazy about her character prior to her route, but it's one of the better developed ones.
Mar 9, 2013 9:16 PM

Sep 2012
zakkun89 said:

I'm pretty sure 90% of users who posts in the LB threads at this moment already read the VN.
Since we are getting close to the end of season 1 OF COURSE WE ARE HYPED FOR REFRAIN.
Mar 9, 2013 9:24 PM
Jan 2012
I don‘t think Kyoto Animation would do a better job than J.C in this anime... Lots of people thought that KA would be better but after watching 22 episodes I knew that J.C was capable to pull it off...
Mar 9, 2013 9:26 PM

Jan 2012
the limits of being a kid. WAFU!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 9, 2013 10:03 PM

Sep 2012
neji3994 said:
I don‘t think Kyoto Animation would do a better job than J.C in this anime... Lots of people thought that KA would be better but after watching 22 episodes I knew that J.C was capable to pull it off...

I somewhat agree.
Honestly, by comparison, none of the side routes in Clannad or Kanon felt emotional at all to me, so JC managing to wrap each of them up nicely in the end is going to lead to greater success in Refrain. They're doing a superb job with Kud's route, and I'm starting to like some of the changes they've been making, like adding the speech with Kud and Kyousuke. It might be because I already played the VN though, but I feel like the routes were more dramatic than Key's past works. I'd still like to see some quality improvement in Refrain...
Vladz0rMar 9, 2013 10:21 PM
Mar 9, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
zakkun89 said:

Yes. It is one of the greatest pieces of literature on the planet and is what makes this show/visual novel so great. If you want to know why, just go to YouTube and either look up my channel (ClannadIsLove) or search "Little Busters! Episode Masato" which is the entire route for Masato (38 minutes long).

That, or search "Little Busters - Refrain" to see the big thing that makes the entire series. It's a 100% complete spoiler, but if you see either of these two videos you'll see why people like it so much.

Honestly, I'm just sick of people going like, "WHY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT REFRAIN!?" or "Are you this excited for Refrain!?" or your question. Yeah it might be annoying but we know what happens and it excites us, and if you don't understand you shouldn't be talking about it yet. Either read and get excited knowing you're in for a treat when you see it or just stop asking (this is for everyone, and a suggestion).
Mar 9, 2013 10:32 PM

Sep 2012
Kud`s mom looks like a 14 year old girl.
Mar 9, 2013 10:38 PM

Oct 2010
Nice episode. This arc is nicely paced compared the others. I hear we're in for some magical realism next episode. I'm too busy to read the visual novel by the time the next season comes, so hopefully Refrain will be adapted with everyone's best effort.

Mar 9, 2013 10:41 PM

Mar 2013
ElfinMint said:

haha yah. XD

SO I didn't get all the metaphors and symbolism that people say there is in this episode. Must be because I haven't played the VN? o.o

Mar 9, 2013 10:49 PM

May 2008
Haruka and Mio is suddenly missing and no one is saying anything hmmmm. Looks like someone is finally making their move.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Mar 9, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2012
UsakoMoon said:
ElfinMint said:

haha yah. XD

SO I didn't get all the metaphors and symbolism that people say there is in this episode. Must be because I haven't played the VN? o.o

Some of the symbolism is related to the Secret of the World, and more of it will come next episode. It's related to Kud's inferiority complex and the idea of becoming a "good gear of t he world", and the gear Riki finds in Kud's box of goodies. Another part is the regret that Kud could not continue to become a cosmonaut, but her biggest regret is something that will be implicitly mentioned (semispoiler)
next episode. You may not understand it until you realize the Secret of the World.
Mar 9, 2013 11:03 PM

Jun 2012
Twas an excellent episode. Anyone know if there are multiple directors for the show? I've heard that there were. This episode for once didn't suck, and the music actually played all the way through rather than starting at the beginning then cutting to the end. One of the best episodes so far, although I've loved everything since episode fourteen.

Favorite thing about this episode, despite being small, was
It's actually another reason I like whoever directed this episode - they know their shit.

Hopefully whoever directed this episode directs the rest as JC Staff may have a competent employee. As for the above arguments, KyoAni would simply have better animation and the first thirteen episodes would have been better. In terms of story... the only way it could be ruined is if it was altered, which it wasn't.
Mar 9, 2013 11:03 PM

Jun 2009
.... Hmmm...

GAHHHH!!!!!

I MUST NOT READ THE NOVEL! I MUST NOT READ THE NOVEL UNTIL THIS IS OVER!!!
AHHH!!!!

This is so tough on me!

What is Kyousuke talking about?! Where is Mio and Haruka?! What with those chains? What is this refrain people are talking about!?

Anyways... Looks like Kud did some pretty bad things in the past... Prison huh...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.