Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 7, 2013 11:08 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well okay, Kotoura seemed like she recovered a lot faster than I had thought.

Lol @ "Oni".
Oh God that part was amusing. And oh shit, REUNION time.

Standing up to the past, nice. Also, be sure to watch the ending after the song. I see...blood.
Stark700Mar 7, 2013 11:32 AM
Mar 7, 2013 12:26 PM

May 2012
I didn't think that Moritani would be the murderer.......lol.
Mar 7, 2013 12:56 PM

Jan 2013
I still hate her mother!
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Mar 7, 2013 1:20 PM

Jun 2011
Rexzazel said:
I didn't think that Moritani would be the murderer.......lol.

I thought he was the man with Kotoura's mother.
Mar 7, 2013 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
I thought he could be the murder too.
Mar 7, 2013 1:25 PM

Dec 2012
Why Moritani, why?!

MORI!!
Mar 7, 2013 1:25 PM

Nov 2012
now i know why i stopped watching this show. cant it let anything sink in without having that stupid, sexist, "Comic relief" coming in and ruining the moment?

and now im gonna watch it tell she reconciles with her mother and this case is over.

btw i think its the female cop. its just ive seen this in persona 4. cop gets disgusted by crime scene, throws up, acts like an idiot, and BAM turns out they did it.

also i think the red head (i dont remember or care what her name is) is shocked more cause she couldnt prevent the murder. also big suprise there was a killing in this anime. but knowing this series theyll have the guy come in and molest it or something just as stupid.
Mar 7, 2013 1:32 PM
Mar 2013
wait what so its Moritani?!?!?!? whats wrong with her
Mar 7, 2013 1:36 PM

Oct 2011
So Kotoura's mother VA is Kikuko Inoue :D just noticed that... I can't hate her now ;)
ok maybe a bit while being able to understand why she acts like this

ok episode but for last two episodes way how Manabe is acting is irritating, even if it has good intentions
and Moritani will probably have some split personality or she was just there trying to find that person at the crime scene, silly acting but probable one
Mar 7, 2013 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
i doubt it was Moritani she looked more upset over the girl being hurt/dead then anything else

Mar 7, 2013 1:50 PM

Aug 2010
ofc it wasn't Moritani.

In fact, she went out to patrol the streets vigilante style to stop the evil guy (not manabe this time, just to clarify XD)

How I know that? Easy. She's a Fighter, heir to a Dojo. She prefers the hands-on approach (MORI! MORI! MORI!).

Also, with her short hair, being the heir to a dojo, being as strong as an ox and half as graceful and her inability to produce nontoxic food, she reminds me more and more of Akane Tendo, and going out to fight a criminal all by herself is something foolish enough to bear Akane's handwriting.

On a side note, Prez in that dress = hhhnnngggg

and I like how that shrimp's glasses are sometimes unfogged, he looks much better that way
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Mar 7, 2013 1:55 PM

Jan 2013
Moritani is not the killer. She just got mad on the girl who started the gossip about Kotoura.
Mar 7, 2013 1:58 PM

Nov 2012
volt79 said:
btw i think its the female cop. its just ive seen this in persona 4. cop gets disgusted by crime scene, throws up, acts like an idiot, and BAM turns out they did it.

I also think the killer is the female cop.
Mar 7, 2013 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
vvld said:
Moritani is not the killer. She just got mad on the girl who started the gossip about Kotoura.

yup ^^ i think the same
Mar 7, 2013 1:59 PM

Aug 2011
What? Why does everyone think it's Moritani. Don't jump to conclusions, make connections first. Like vvld said, she just got mad at that other girl.

On the other hand, this was a nice episode. But the end. Moritani D: man, this is going to be a big scar on her life. I wonder if she's alive, she looked too peaceful to have died with her head bashed in and bleeding.

I think it's the guy who went on the date with Kumiko, or the female cop. OR MAYBE BOTH. Probably not. But it's one of them.
Mar 7, 2013 2:23 PM
Sep 2011
Gah I just got the killer spoiled for me, someone pointed out to me characters in Kotoura-San never change their clothes.
Mar 7, 2013 2:31 PM

Feb 2013
lol loved the part when Manabe was being perverted in front of Kotoura's mom then she went into defensive mode, just goes to show that you can never really hate your daughter.
Mar 7, 2013 2:50 PM

Dec 2009
For some reason that detective reminds me of Huang, from Darker than Black.
Mar 7, 2013 2:57 PM

Nov 2011
I'm getting a bit concerned, i've been liking the show so far but i just don't see how an assault case fits into everything, i hope the show doesn't self-destruct itself along the way.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 7, 2013 3:07 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Zee530 said:
I'm getting a bit concerned, i've been liking the show so far but i just don't see how an assault case fits into everything, i hope the show doesn't self-destruct itself along the way.
Really? This has been building ever since Mifune was introduced and the back story of her mother told, who used her skills to help solve criminal cases. Mifune wants to prove ESP exists to clear her mother's name, Kotoura reads minds, to me I've been expecting the two to intersect since then.
Mar 7, 2013 4:21 PM

Feb 2011
Wha ... Such an intense episode . And yeah I never thought that guy would be the murderer , there is a possibility .

Also , I really hope she gets her mother back to her old self .
Mar 7, 2013 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
Mortani, aka "the cockblock."

Hmmm. I'm getting the vibe that the blue haired girl is a part of the whole case that's happening. (considering the fact that they keep zooming in on her face)
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Mar 7, 2013 4:40 PM

Dec 2009
Sigh... just stop being perverted.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 7, 2013 4:43 PM

Dec 2011
Just cause she defended Kotoura-san doesn't mean i forgive her yet. It will take a couple years for me to forgive her. It must of sucked to come across a murder scene. I wonder what moritani was thinking when she came across that body. With how upset she was , and how near she was to the body do think it was someone she knew?
Most epic signature evar

Mar 7, 2013 4:49 PM

Nov 2011
man things are really getting serious now
anyway i thought they were random attacks, the police never said any of them died
Mar 7, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2013
niaxato said:
volt79 said:

I also think the killer is the female cop.

I coud see that being the case. She is a horrible cop. I have never seen a police officer act so silly at a crime scene.
Mar 7, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2008
Well, that's obviously Moritani is not the murder, she looks so shocked, the murder have already attempt at least 3 times.
A murder wouldn't look that shock for attempting doing it again.
Well, whatever I also thought it was female cop that did it.

Well, deep inside Kotoura mother love Haruka, but she can't really be honest or she don't actually realize it.
I can't really hate her mother, she has lose the person she loved.
That's when she got heartbreaking, when you think carefully it's hard to heal old wound, past whatever.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 7, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2011
IMO the murderer has to be that guy that was with Kotoura mother. It also could lean to the Girl police officer, but unlikely IMO.

Also Mortani WHY
Mar 7, 2013 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
I honestly don't think Moritani was the murderer. She was setup, or idk something like that.

Someone mentioned it might have been the guy who was with kotoura's mother.
But Idk.

Another suspicious person would be the female cop.
Why, idk the white shirt?? lol.

But good ep. Had me shaking with the suspense.

And I thought it was cool when Kotoura's mom beat up Manabe-kun when he was "harassing" her. it showed a little bit motherly warmth.

I don't hate her though. Just keeping her at a distance.
And you can tell that Kotoura is such a great person that she doesn't hate her mother for all that she has put her through.
Mar 7, 2013 5:47 PM

Mar 2011
"Get a clue, this is not the time to be perverted."

Do you think that the writers felt some sense of irony when they wrote that line? A pity the show can't seem to follow it's own advice, shamefully clashing serious drama and perverted humour once again.

The development half way through was just.... well, I just wanted to slap everyone.

I just feel so.... the emotions I feel whilst watching this vary and it's hard to explain sometimes, disappointment, exasperation, apathy, disdain. The crack in the mother's cold shell showing was done in such a crude way. I placed my head firmly in my hand.
Mar 7, 2013 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Based on the male detective's reaction to Yuriko I got the feeling that he may have worked with her mother when she was helping the police. I suspect solving the case will be a several episode long arc.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Mar 7, 2013 6:07 PM

Feb 2012
Dat ending O_O

Gotta love Manabe's ability to lighten up the mood at the end of the ep.

Mar 7, 2013 6:19 PM
Jul 2018
That was a nice heart-warming episode. Something tells me we will have a heart-warming ending as well...
Mar 7, 2013 6:20 PM

Jan 2011
Gonna feel stupid if it isn't the female cop it wouldn't be that obvious though right?...

Wasn't expecting her mom to show up shes still a bitch but eh i thought it was nice that Manabe was able to help their relationship slightly by being a punching bag.
Mar 7, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2013
InfiniteRyvius said:

Do you think that the writers felt some sense of irony when they wrote that line? A pity the show can't seem to follow it's own advice, shamefully clashing serious drama and perverted humour once again.

The development half way through was just.... well, I just wanted to slap everyone.

I just feel so.... the emotions I feel whilst watching this vary and it's hard to explain sometimes, disappointment, exasperation, apathy, disdain. The crack in the mother's cold shell showing was done in such a crude way. I placed my head firmly in my hand.

I agree with you on the perverted aspect. I thought the grandfather condoning Manabe making the moves on his granddaughter to be disturbing. I wish they would tone that down and focus on the real story.
Mar 7, 2013 6:38 PM

Jun 2007
From the detective's conversation at the beginning of the episode, none of the victims are dead (so the culprit is an attacker, not a murderer).
Mar 7, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 2008
I really liked that scene at the end with Kotoura's mother. Despite the over-the-top pervertedness of Manabe, it was a very effective way to make some small step towards reconciliation with her mother. That's some excellent writing there, in my opinion. It wasn't too big of a step - it was just big enough to be believable and natural for a mother to do, and it set the stage well for the progression of their relationship.

Like others, I was also a bit surprised at the assault case coming up. Even with the heavy tone of parts of this show, it seemed a bit heavy. I was very relieved when it turned out they didn't die...that would have been way too far in my opinion, for a show that has so much light-hearted comic relief.
Mar 7, 2013 7:31 PM

Feb 2012
Does anyone remember the time when Moritani got those 2 guys to beat up Manabe at night? She's got a new hobby, and she's doing the work herself now!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 7:44 PM
Nov 2012
I think the culprit is that clumsy female cop, since Kotoura reacted after a person with white shirt and the sleeves up walked right past her (ep. 8)
Mar 7, 2013 7:50 PM

Dec 2011
The three suspects I can think of is Moritani (because of the preview), the guy with Kotoura's mom, and the girl detective...

Now that was such friendship. Friends have your back.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2013 9:17 PM

Jan 2011
Seems like the male detective cop recognises Yuriko. I'm interested to find out more about their relationship. Things got so intense when Haruka's mother suddenly appeared at the hotel. Kotoura can't help but read people's minds. It's so great that Manabe and co. all behind her to keep moving forward. Manabe was freaking hilarious. Haruka's mother actually cares for Haruka! They better be on good terms by the end of this series. :)
That scene after the ED was so crazy! Moritani is the culprit? WHAT?!
Mar 7, 2013 9:29 PM

Feb 2013
i cant belive its almost over
Mar 7, 2013 9:33 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Episode was very good, and also full of suspense. I have a feeling the guy that was next to Kotoura's mother might be a suspect because the way Kotoura looked at him made me think he could be a suspect. The female cop looks too clumsy to commit a crime, and Moritani doesn't look like a suspect. Perhaps Mori got to the scene late, saw one of her classmates badly injured, Mori picks her up, she sees blood drip down her hands, and the classmate passes away but not after telling her who the suspect is. That's just my interpretation of what might have happened in the ED credits scene.

We'll just have to wait and see in the next episode. I'm left in suspense right now especially in the ED credits scene.

Mar 7, 2013 9:39 PM
Jul 2012
Manabe did those perverted things to make her mother say something, he knew she would protect her if he tried to do pervert stuff with kotoura there, manabe is a smart guy actually, he plans his acts, when it comes to making kotoura happy he is the best. And he knew any word her mom said in favour of kotoura would make kotoura very happy.
Mar 7, 2013 10:07 PM
Jan 2013
Does anyone also hate the presidents selfishness?
There was a time were I hated anime. Now I love anime more than anything. When i started to actually watch anime I decided to keep note the order of them, now I am able to number them on this site. When I finish everything I have see I will be surprised to see my progress. My revolution started around a little over a year ago and is still going. May the future have just as good if not better anime as now.
Mar 7, 2013 10:26 PM

Aug 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:

Agreed, the irony in that was too real. When there's a serious subject matter like in this episode, the go to comic relief needs to be sprinkled in, not screwed open and dumped out willy nilly...

The writing in this episode was just god awful altogether. The way the rumors were spread was beyond ridiculous, and Kotoura and her mother's meeting just wasn't handled as elegantly as it could've been.

And gees, Manabe's antics really are starting to get old, they just overdo it sometimes. If it wasn't for the good intentions and caring thoughts we get to hear from Manabe every now and then, his character would be ruined by the writers by now.
Mar 7, 2013 11:02 PM

Aug 2012
xlRevanlx said:
For some reason that detective reminds me of Huang, from Darker than Black.
Now that you've said it, I'm with you.
Mar 7, 2013 11:07 PM

Jan 2013
Pretty good episode. More lighthearted then I thought it would be
Mar 8, 2013 12:58 AM
Mar 2010
Things were intent this episode.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Mar 8, 2013 1:38 AM
Mar 2013
Kotoura most likely read the female detective's mind in the previous ep so she's either the culprit or she's been a victim
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

300 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

457 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

152 by _untitled »»
Apr 29, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.