Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 23, 2013 11:58 PM

Jul 2012
Stuck between a rock and a hard place.
Mar 29, 2013 7:58 AM

Feb 2010
THIS SHOW.

Lots of Makishima this ep... and I loved the inner turmoil within Akane.

She just made a deal with the devil.
Mar 29, 2013 8:58 PM

Sep 2011
Oh no, its coming to an end soon. :(
Apr 10, 2013 1:25 PM

Aug 2009
Stuff's getting intense.
Apr 14, 2013 3:18 AM
Jul 2018

The Sibyl System, I don't want it. A system that will control lives? Not a good choice. The world will be filled with SHIT. It might be good if someone will destroy it. HAHA. Thumbs up for Akane, making a deal with the Sibyl System. And wow, she is starting to act like a detective! That courage when she pull off that audio recorder from the victim's airway. Disgusting. But seriously, she is like Kogami when talking about clues and clues. I miss Kagari, glad that he showed up in this episode. :c
Apr 27, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2011
So Akane is now able to think the same way as Shinya ... really nice :P
I hope Akane will crush the system in the future because those 246 remaining brains really suck. The most cruel people often sit in the government, not only in anime. :/
May 26, 2013 2:17 PM

May 2012
Things are really forming great here, things are really getting serious especially Akane being just like Shinya truly epic! Lets see what happens next, things sure are going to get down!
May 27, 2013 5:32 AM
Mar 2010
I really enjoyed watch this episode, Akane's internal conflict was depicted very well. I'm glad that they spent time showing how she struggles with finding out about Sibyl and what her reaction is.

2 episodes to go D:
Jun 3, 2013 8:23 PM

Dec 2012
Akane's character development is the best perk in this anime, especially well done in this episode.
Jun 23, 2013 5:42 PM

Jan 2013
I would have thought that Sibyl would have wanted Akane too since she has the same ideals and is able to control her psycho-pass but they are prioritizing Makishima. Akane doesn’t want to get rid of the system either. I wonder if Kougami would feel the same way. I’d like to think he wouldn’t.

That scene with Akane and Makishima on the stairs was really well done. Two different ideals clashing with neither being completely correct.
The bioterrorism with food was indeed the plan and Kougami is in pursuit.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 11, 2013 3:56 AM

Apr 2010
Boy. I need more Makishima. I don't want this to end somehow.
Bits of this episode confused me, how did Akane see Makishima? -_-' Ugh.
Aug 2, 2013 7:51 AM

Nov 2012
shinezu said:
Anyone else thinks Sibyl system won't live up to its end of the bargain?
Oh definitely, seeing as her part of the bargain isn't "logically equivalent" ;)
Aug 6, 2013 1:51 AM

Sep 2011
"Freedom to choose your own path with your free will." i shed a tear in this i didnt expect it ;_;
Akane's way of thinking is rly peaceful logically....i like it

character development 7/5
Nov 11, 2013 5:00 AM

Aug 2012
Watching Akane's inner thought scene reminded me of the final scene from NGE series. If i were a character from that anime, i would give applause and and say "Congrats" to Akane. Her character development is pretty good.

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 22, 2013 11:29 PM

Jul 2009
amazing episode :D

when Akane and Sybil talked for like half of the show, it reminded me on one of the Complex episodes of Ghost in the Shell SAC. especially the talk with The Laughing Man :)

so basically Sybil get's a more different perspective and get's smarter whenever they incorporate someone who is crueler and more worse, they each get a new perspective this increasing their ability to judge in any kind of angles.

it's also pretty frustrating seeing the Sybil being able to tell on how Akane acts and her personality herself.

i really love the flashbacks she had with her past characters. Kagari is right, Akane had all the choice she can make, yet she still decided to go to the most dangerous route instead of choosing the easy job that doesn't do anything other than being ordered around etc. she too matters onto her own hands, and that makes her awesome ^^

it seems she's also starting to understand how Makishima thinks. i'm even glad she mentioned on how can he easily judge someone from the other side where he himeself has NEVER been there in the first place.

i was hoping Kougami would appear in the flashback :P

it seems Ginoza is noticed that Akane is slowly becoming like Kougami ^^ seems Akane really does have the detective's intuition just like Kougami and Masaoka :D

i find it hard to believe that one of Japan's finest sources of food have such a shitty and outdated security system.

damn Makishima really brought that guy's eyes and fingers while smiling like a little girl O___O

i can't wait for the final battle!! only 2 episodes left T___T
Dec 30, 2013 3:11 AM
Nov 2013
Excellent episode, kept me thinking all the way through, and I'm liking Akane more and more. I don't agree with her in all respects especially with regards to Sybil, but she acts according to her beliefs and has really grown as a character. I definitely think that Sybil won't be honoring that bargain, but Akane is intelligent enough to know that. I'm betting she is not being entirely forthcoming and has a plan for when the time comes. We shall see.

And Makashima's smile while Ko talked about the murder method... excellent stuff. I see one hell of a conclusion coming on, hope it can live up to the rest of the show.

And honestly, I don't really even see Makashima as that much of an antagonist anymore. He's done some terrible shit, but so has Sybil, and I find myself agreeing with a lot of what he says. I understand all of the characters motivations for wanting to capture/kill him though, and i certainly can't blame them.
SatanicBeaverDec 30, 2013 3:15 AM
Jan 8, 2014 9:03 AM

Jan 2013
Wow.. amazed indeed. I didn't think of this option. And it seems Akane takes a dive into trouble once again.
And she finally has some intuitions too ^_^.

And well it seems they were all right about what is going to happen. But will Akane get there in time? o.O
Jan 8, 2014 4:34 PM

Aug 2013
The reason they showed her the system is interresting. So they judged that she would trust the system even if his composition was this horrible?

They're was a lot of devellopement on Akane personality. I like how she just did the investigation in the good old fashion. Kougami really trust her to leave a clue that important. Or maybe it was just a back-up in case he would fail to kill him.

Now, it's the final showdown. Eco-terrorism ftw! xD
But seriously, I hope he succeed, just so that horrible system can disappear. But if that would be the case, there wouldn't a second season...

Also, how can Akane trust that system? It doesn't even have the conception of good and evil, so a lie for that system would mean totally nothing if it was in it's best interrest.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 9, 2014 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
Aww, this is what I have been waiting for: Akane's self development. She's just a great character, I've seen her potential from the start. My boyfriend kept bragging about how she's just a scaredy cat, but I couldn't agree with him so easily. I love these types of characters that develop themselves through the action, it just makes things better. Also, Akane's view regarding ”how should people actually behave and be” is something I quite fancy with. She's a good fellow, not to talk about her smartness. She's just giving on the same excellent logic skills Kougami had shown until now. Also, what Sybil System said about her made me feel quite good: the fact that she has a big potential and that her real abilities were hidden until now, or postponed because of the circumstances that took place.
There is also another thing I love about Akane; even though it is not a common knowledge that she can control her Psycho-Pass (and this is probably not the case), there it is the fact that SHE actually IS special by the fact that she can actually let her Psycho-Pass be... kind of, you know, pink all the time. She's just self-determined, has a lot of will power and is a very strong character /up till now, she's shown us a lot of strength, we have to agree with that matter. It's just wonderful that everything she has (as a whole, as a personality) is what she actually has and is capable of giving. She's the uncommon human being under the Sybil System; not like Makishima or the brains inside the Sybil System, but more like... hm, well, something else, she's an exception in herself because she has no murderous intent howsoever, she has a high sense of justice and truly blasts the idea of life. She's just...something else. How Kougami put it, her way is the way people should actually behave/be like. I am very fond of this character.

I was quite surprising to see the turn over of Sybil System's strategy. Well, they seized the opportunities and decided through logical analysis of chances and circumstances what are the best premises to act upon in the respective case. I am glad it turned out to be like this. I was quite frightened: I wondered if Akane was going to get killed or not. I supposed she wasn't going to, but to tell the truth, you never know with these animes.

Makishima's expression and line from the end was truly fascinating. Dude, I still like the guy. He has his own charm. And in his madness, he's truly an interesting specimen.

Also, loved the looks on everyone's faces when Akane acted so brave, so logical, so wonderful. Well, she finally hit the spot light, hehe :D
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Jan 25, 2014 1:35 AM

Jun 2013
Seriously, Sibyl System, don't take Akane's brain. I like her reactions when she found out about the true form of Sibyl System. I also like the part wherein she was having a flashback memories with Yuki and Kagari - and also her conversation with Makishima (the time when Yuki was being held as an hostage), while she was imagining he was walking down the stairs and she was responding in a different way to him.

And wow, she is now as clever as Kougami. Ginoza noticed that. She's improving, doesn't she? Kougami was ahead of them, but because of Akane's similar intellectual skill to him, they'll sure to catch up with him.

Wow, Makishima was so fast.
Jan 28, 2014 3:07 AM

Aug 2008
The control center for the virus that ensures that the source of 99 percent of Japan's food source is safe. And it lacks security. Well THAT makes perfect sense.
Mar 3, 2014 1:12 AM

May 2010
Skrooz said:
That was a very well written way to represent Akane's inner conflicts.

This.

I liked how Akane developed over the past episodes.
And oh, that flashback with Kagari.
Mar 15, 2014 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
Wait, so did the Professor Kougami visited start that thread knowing Shougo would pick a certain idea from it? Or was it just a crazy coincidence that Shougo decided to do something that Kougami also picked out as being "Shougo-like" from the list of suggestions to bring down the Sybil System in five days?

Akane was cool this episode.

lunarsensitive said:
The control center for the virus that ensures that the source of 99 percent of Japan's food source is safe. And it lacks security. Well THAT makes perfect sense.

It is ridiculous that they would leave the security measures so lax. I mean, I could still see Shougo infiltrating a state of the art facility, so I don't know why they had to make it so backwards.
Mar 18, 2014 7:56 PM

Jan 2014
Neonzel said:

That smile...

In any other universe this would be a cute boyish smile.
In this universe it'll gouge your eyes out and use them for a retina scan.

This.

Also, Akane's become quite the badass; she's starting to grow on me! And as always, the ED is incorporated beautifully into the show. ^_^
Mar 23, 2014 12:22 AM
Apr 2011
lunarsensitive said:

any person who would think to do that would normally be picked up by the scanners and imprisoned long before they had the chance

and it DOES have security, just the automated kind rather than the human kind.
Apr 3, 2014 5:13 AM

Jan 2009
good detective work by akane. wonder if they'll be able to stop makishima.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 10, 2014 7:34 PM
Jun 2013
akane finally came into her character. She hates the system but knows as of now she has no choice but to go along since just pulling it out now would turn into choas.Seeing her conflicted and going through things in her head was nicely done and showed more her to us.
May 1, 2014 5:39 PM

Sep 2013
Akane trying to bargain with the Sibyl system to save Kogami's life was pretty brave. only two episodes left, its gonna be awesome.
Jun 3, 2014 2:35 PM

May 2014
I really respect Akane in this episode. Was nice to see the flashbacks, and get a last glance at Yuki and Kagari :( Loved how Akane is starting to think like Kougami
Jul 7, 2014 7:52 AM

Feb 2013
go Makashima
Aug 4, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2009
I'm actually starting to like Akane now. That's what you call character development.
Oct 14, 2014 4:57 AM

Apr 2013
The end is nigh, with the episode acting as a prelude to the last battle. By the way Makishima walking through the oat field was a breath of freshness compared to the otherwise concrete jungle in Psycho Pass.

I gotta remember to breathe. Let's see where it the end takes us. I D
Nov 18, 2014 7:00 AM
Dec 2013
wtf Akane ??
the system needs to be shut down damm it that hypocritical bitch
Nov 21, 2014 3:50 AM

Oct 2013
All right, so THIS should be the final build up episode, and it was damn grand.

This is unbelievably tense and so damn cool.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 21, 2014 5:00 AM

Jun 2013
When Gino saw a bit of Ko in Akane; that is the most tackiest and cheesiest part of this show :3
Nov 23, 2014 11:45 AM

May 2013
So Akane finds out the truth behind the Sibyl System and she decides that they are a necessity for the current society.
With similar goals, the Sibyl System gave her an offer, but Akane's the one making conditions and decisions.
Akane has really grown, hasn't she? Even Ginoza finds her similar to Kougami.

Speaking of Kougami, he's one step ahead the police yet one step behind Makishima.
Can Kougami save society from Makishima's bioterrorism?
Or will it be Akane who saves the day? Or destroys it?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Dec 3, 2014 9:00 AM

Jan 2014
That was awesome!! I hope Akane will do something big in these last two episodes. :)
I have a feeling that Kou will kill Shougo, and Akane maybe him. Hmm, we'll see.. x)
Jan 3, 2015 5:42 AM

Jun 2014
(rewatching)
This episode is way I think akanw is the best charater in this show.
Not only because of her character arc,but also because she is like someone from our time.
Jan 6, 2015 1:14 PM

Jul 2013
I'm surprised it told Akane all that stuff.
Feb 24, 2015 6:53 AM

Dec 2007
With all those flashbacks and her dialogue with the other characters, I though she was going to die in this episode. Did they always have this at the end or have I just never noticed it?

Apr 9, 2015 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
He may not be a good person but there's no denying how epic Makashima is.
The afternoon has gently passed me by
The evening spreads its sail against the sky
Waiting for tomorrow
Just another day
God bid yesterday goodbye...
May 8, 2015 10:37 AM
Dec 2014
Her detective skills are ON POINT now! Akane just got 10x more awesome now that she's knows the truth of the situation. I'm super impressed.
Wait, so does that mean Shuusei joined the Civil System?! Nooo that's not fair >.< He was really cool. It makes me sad that he'll never be a part of the detective team again Dx
Jun 16, 2015 11:37 PM

Mar 2014
This is one of the few times I'm hoping the bad guy wins (not sybil)
Aug 7, 2015 7:22 PM

Aug 2015
What really sold this episode for me was when Akane pulled a Kougami with her detective skills! That was great. The rest was pretty good, but I'm ready for the climax! ★4/5
Aug 16, 2015 4:46 PM

Dec 2013
That character growth...

Akane has become an excellent detective.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Nov 3, 2015 1:20 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
This is going so epic. I hope they keep this high level *.*

Jan 10, 2016 5:14 PM

Feb 2015
A rather slow burn considering the pace of the rest of the series, but it appears we have finally arrived at the end-game. Kogami being one step ahead even without all the bells and whistles MWPSB gets to use shows what a badass he is. Akame is a totally different character now from the start and the progression was great to watch. Did anyone else see her in the first episodes ever doing things like pointing a Dominator at her chest like, "DOITBITCH"?
Jan 15, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2015
Akane...let's see how you play this out. I'm glad you're gaining confidence in your own decisions and morals!

Battle at the Granary...cannot wait.
Feb 6, 2016 7:29 AM

Apr 2012
This episode was the first one to make me tear up... but I feel like it won't be the last ;A;
Feb 14, 2016 9:37 AM
Jan 2012
I stay very surprised about reaction of akane. About reality true of sybil system. Makishima is so very bad,but about i see real nature of this system i hate your's actions.
I like kagari and I don't like your death.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

287 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 24, 2013

351 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2013

293 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2013

331 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 3, 6:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.