Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
May 2, 2022 7:05 PM

Oct 2020
I'm guessing the little snippit of Ryu's thoughts we got at the end is sort of him realizing that Taiga won't be around as much if she lives with her dad and how she might not even end up enjoying it.
Plus, it was a little odd how her dad is only interested in being a part of Taiga's life again now that his new wife is out of the picture.
Jul 5, 2022 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
tiaamyom said:
I'm guessing the little snippit of Ryu's thoughts we got at the end is sort of him realizing that Taiga won't be around as much if she lives with her dad and how she might not even end up enjoying it.
Plus, it was a little odd how her dad is only interested in being a part of Taiga's life again now that his new wife is out of the picture.

I took what he was about to say as realizing that he wanted her to make up with her dad because he knew he wish he could do the same, and vicariously wants to through her and her dad. It is a bit odd though that he only wants her back after his wife and him are through, like Taiga coming back is the 2nd option, and based on how Taiga talks about him as some kind of asshole, he's just bluffing about caring as much as he says he does, I'm not as certain about that part though.

I thought Takasu putting his nose in her family business, and being so aggressive and seemingly-judgmental about it was pretty out of line, but I do think it was coming from a good place, I understand not wanting people to have to go through a crappy family situation like he did, which I assume was his intention since it seemed like he regretted that he couldn't see his at the end of the episode.

Big props to Taiga though for understanding him though, I wouldn't have expected her too, especially when he was kind of being a meanie about it :(. She clearly has a lot of trust in Takasu if she's gonna do something like that just because he said it would be a good idea probably.
Jul 9, 2022 2:04 AM

Oct 2020
martyrInReverse said:
tiaamyom said:

I took what he was about to say as realizing that he wanted her to make up with her dad because he knew he wish he could do the same, and vicariously wants to through her and her dad. It is a bit odd though that he only wants her back after his wife and him are through, like Taiga coming back is the 2nd option, and based on how Taiga talks about him as some kind of asshole, he's just bluffing about caring as much as he says he does, I'm not as certain about that part though.

I thought Takasu putting his nose in her family business, and being so aggressive and seemingly-judgmental about it was pretty out of line, but I do think it was coming from a good place, I understand not wanting people to have to go through a crappy family situation like he did, which I assume was his intention since it seemed like he regretted that he couldn't see his at the end of the episode.

Big props to Taiga though for understanding him though, I wouldn't have expected her too, especially when he was kind of being a meanie about it :(. She clearly has a lot of trust in Takasu if she's gonna do something like that just because he said it would be a good idea probably.

Yeah! Takasu defs didn't want Taiga to miss out on a paternal relationship the way he did
Nov 18, 2022 11:48 AM
Jan 2022
I especially like the part they really go into the deep why the palm top tiger is living alone and not with her father like most kids her age.
Dec 9, 2022 11:48 PM

Aug 2020
Starting off with the almost obligatory festival preparations, which were fun, but the real kick is in the end, that scene with Taiga and Takasu, him trying to convince Taiga to give her father a second chance, and then wondering if he was doing that for her own good, or because he missed out on growing up with a father. Pretty tense scene.
Dec 13, 2022 12:49 PM
Feb 2021
God tier writing at work bois
Oct 4, 2023 7:23 AM
Oct 2023
First anime series I ever completed. Loved it. I would recommend it to anyone.
Nov 14, 2023 5:38 PM
Mar 2023
Seems like their home room teacher does not like them believe it was her that put the idea in the box.
Dec 16, 2023 3:35 PM

Aug 2022
The school festival arc begins! Taiga kicking her father in the nuts was pretty funny.
Dec 17, 2023 1:15 AM

Nov 2023
What was even goin on in this episode
Dec 28, 2023 12:28 AM

Jun 2021
Nishimoto, Nara and Yoshidayama from School Rumble would be proud of those guys talking in the locker room. Long haired guy also reminded me of Togo from the same series, a little too overenthusiastic.

And then it took a unexpected serious turn when Taiga's father showed up, including a fast dinner with Ryuuji. Also, he managed to convince her to talk him, bringing up the news that at least she can see him and he can't any longer.

Not a fan of the winning idea for the festival, but the teacher, well, she seemed to vent her frustrations on someone else. "Not great".
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.