Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 9, 2008 10:06 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I'm amazed Endo is cognizant enough of Islam to recognise that alcohol in actual fact is not totally banned in the religion, but rather the act of drinking irresponsibly, and that different sects understand the topic differently. Kudos.

And that little girl's singing must really have been bad.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Dec 23, 2009 2:46 PM

Jun 2007
I haven't enjoyed the China arc very much. Because it's focused almost fully on new characters (all but one going bye-bye), I felt little connection to what was going on. Only when Kenji starting being his usual shounen-esque, unbeatable self did my interest levels rise.

I think I'm going to wait before top fiving it. After Elijah's coming of age (in more ways than one!), I was tempted to put it as my #2. However, with Elijah and Helena vanishing, I no longer feel that way. Give me my Micheal Corleone/Shinji hybrid and his dominant/would die happy after screwing woman back plz!

Enoah used his connections to get the slaughter of muslims/hostages live on TV. All that did was weaken the public image of an organization intent on creating a world with one race and no religion other than the worship of those in control of the world. I don't see how this master plan is going to do much good in the grand scheme of things...
Sep 29, 2011 10:32 AM
Jul 2011
Yup this arc was pretty boring.Hopefully the next volume goes back to Elijah.
May 12, 2013 5:11 PM

Apr 2010
Beatnik said:

I'm amazed Endo is cognizant enough of Islam to recognise that alcohol in actual fact is not totally banned in the religion, but rather the act of drinking irresponsibly, and that different sects understand the topic differently. Kudos.

And that little girl's singing must really have been bad.

Yea, I totally learned something new.

Jul 25, 2013 12:57 AM

Nov 2009
I don't think it was the girl's singing that was bad, but rather the fact that Kenji doesn't want to be "treated as a Japanese", that is sort of wrong since I am sure he doesn't care too much about how he is treated, but it probably pissed him off when that girl tried to appease to him by singing some random Japanese song.

Anyways wonder if we will see more of Kenji's past ... Although feel it already showed the more important parts.
Nov 2, 2014 4:40 AM

Aug 2014
I think that girl's singing not that bad.
Anyway, I wonder maybe something already happened in his past that he's not like to be called from Japanese.
Jul 30, 2015 9:28 PM

Jul 2011
What kind of random person knows Japanese history? Just saying.

Otherwise, still some mixed feelings on the arc but I think it's improving. I don't mind exchanging Eliah for Kenji screentime.
Aug 4, 2015 11:09 AM

Jul 2013
I knew Turkey couldn't be a part of Propator.
Nov 8, 2018 11:24 AM
Jan 2015
and here i thought he would go from nine second boy to twelve second boy . But amazing arc . It is actually based on reality . You can check out the documentary on youtube . These people are really oppresed by chinese . There was ao much realisim . Also the fact that they use virus to create those ion soilders .
IsekaiNekkoNov 8, 2018 11:28 AM
Aug 24, 2020 2:03 PM
Aug 2020
I don't really share the view of this being a boring arc. It was an engaging underdog story of self preservation and resistance to imperialism focused on the cultural assimilation of the Uighurs in China, which is increasingly relevant today. A continued theme of people trying to take control of their own destinies at all cost. However, I suppose others are just more resistant to change than I am when it comes to story. To each their own.
Jan 27, 7:26 PM
Nov 2018
how delightful to see that annoying bitch going so unceremoniously, and elliah has become your regular "you see, im bad but not that bad" shallow archetype, hope he dies soon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

oblow20 - Apr 27, 2010

54 by Miyamotodex23 »»
Apr 24, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 41 Discussion

KitaTsuki - May 12, 2013

6 by rodmanii »»
Jan 20, 12:22 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 25 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Dec 15, 2012

13 by rodmanii »»
Jan 17, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Eden: It's an Endless World! Chapter 22 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 22, 2012

8 by rodmanii »»
Jan 16, 7:28 PM

» Eden its an endless world's ending

Jesus-Cunny - Nov 25, 2023

2 by MichaelJackson »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.