Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 1, 2013 4:18 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It feels like nothing much happened in this episode and the only R-18 scenes on this episode is Ikuto masturbating at the end. At least the conflict between the male characters is already established.

Kanade doesn't have many lines either and some of them are only monologues.

The 2nd episode is going to be released on 30th May 2013, hoping it is better than this one.
Mar 1, 2013 11:05 PM

Dec 2009
melina_putri said:

It feels like nothing much happened in this episode and the only R-18 scenes on this episode is Ikuto m... at the end.

Do you really have to type the m- word out ^^;
This is surely not really the kind of detailed info that I want to come across in a public(general anime discussion) thread like this...
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Mar 1, 2013 11:19 PM

Sep 2009
Probably there would be some 18+ content in second OVA but this one really was just an introduction of charas
Mar 2, 2013 12:13 AM
Mar 2012
-Riri- said:

This is surely not really the kind of detailed info that I want to come across in a public(general anime discussion) thread like this...

Well, this OVA is seems to be considered a Hentai in Japanese sites (there is an age warning), though MAL only listed Romance and Shoujo for this series genre.

Though this episode is really tame on the R-18 scenes.
Mar 2, 2013 7:54 AM

Feb 2012
Any group subbing it?
Mar 2, 2013 9:26 AM

Dec 2009
melina_putri said:
-Riri- said:

Well, this OVA is seems to be considered a Hentai in Japanese sites (there is an age warning), though MAL only listed Romance and Shoujo for this series genre.

Though this episode is really tame on the R-18 scenes.

I know the OVA/DVD is listed as 18+ in Japan, but just being a 18+ story doesn't necessarily make it a hentai story. The OVA is based on an 18+ otome game, but not a hentai story.

Ive been to some smutty (shoujo/ josei) manga discussion threads and 18+ otome game discussion threads, they are also discussing 18+ series there, but people don't talk about stuff like this.

If this is a thread in a secret club or 18+ club, then I probably wouldn't say anything, but this is just an anime general discussion thread...

If I am a parent, I wouldn't be happy to see my kid reading something like this in a general anime discussion thread. However, If you MUST MUST list out some detailed info like this in a anime general discussion thread, at least, I think it would be nice if you warn people about it at the beginning of your post and put the "detailed part'' under the spoiler button or something.

Well, I am not here to start an argument with someone thou^^;
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?

Mar 2, 2013 3:29 PM

Aug 2011
The million dollar question: Is this going to be hentai or isn't it?

18+ otome game adaption...I'm just going to assume that things are going to get steamy.

Going to hold off on watching it until I know for sure.

Mar 2, 2013 6:43 PM

Dec 2009
Itami-chan said:
The million dollar question: Is this going to be hentai or isn't it?

18+ otome game adaption...I'm just going to assume that things are going to get steamy.

Going to hold off on watching it until I know for sure.

First of all, This is NOT hentai.

I guess a lot of people are watching it or planning to watch it because of the sexual elements in it and it is listed as 18+ (In Japan) ……….but if those people are expecting it to be like hentai, then I think a lot of them are likely going to be disappointed. Kuro to Kin no Hirakanai Kagi is based on a 18+ otome game, so it is more like a reversed harem story but with sexual elements.( as you can see in the anime main picture, the main girl is surround by a lot of hot bishies)

The main girl probably will have sex with the male lead(s) or do something sexually, just like in all of the 18+ otome game, but I believe there aren’t going to be anything super …“abnormal” like in hentai stories, and I had a quick look of the 1st OVA, and I think even if the characters do anything sexually, it will probably not show the “certain” body parts, but there may be some SM elements in the future eps, as I ve heard some of the male characters are quite “S” in the original game.

However, there are something that might considered as fanservice for guys,

I see that you are underage (I had a quick look of your profile page), so it could be too much for you ….And from what I ve seen, story wise, it is OK(in my opinion), but not that great ….

Hope this answers your question : )

Mar 2, 2013 6:44 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't pay much attention to it but I can say I do not like the character design for the anime which was what interested me about the series, the character design from the game or whatever the other images are from.

Lol at the 'fanservice for guys' above.
Mar 3, 2013 12:52 PM

Aug 2011
-Riri- said:
Hope this answers your question : )

Completely, thanks.

Mar 10, 2013 11:47 PM

Nov 2007
lol @ meeting other guys (especially stylist guy).

I thought I would be scared of her best friend because of her cynicism, but I'm not scared at all!

The story is also a bit different comparing to the synopsis.

Ep.2 PV
tsubasaloverMar 11, 2013 5:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 14, 2013 8:34 AM

Mar 2013
This isn't hentai compared to the game. Well hope that ep2 have a gangbang scene as I really dissapointed in the first ep.

Mar 29, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
Finally decided to watch the first episode, since there are no signs of subs whatsoever. So, I watched the RAW, but I think I understood the most important things. I was surprised to see Terashii, at first it didn't really seem ed to be his voice. Anyway, It was an ok episode, character introduction and that Hinnochi scene XD so awesome.

Looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 30, 2013 2:29 AM
Oct 2012
-Riri- said:
melina_putri said:

It feels like nothing much happened in this episode and the only R-18 scenes on this episode is Ikuto m... at the end.

Not to put you down, but if someone is allowing their child to watch 99% of all anime at all (EG: not Naruto, Pokemon, etc.) and allows them to visit sites like MAL on the internet, they are probably old enough to know about masturbation, of all things, and it shouldn't really be a problem anyway. What he said really shouldn't be offensive to anyone. It's not like he gave a detailed description of how some tentacle monster raped a girl in every hole until she was mind broken or something. Again, this isn't to put you down, it's just to point out that talking about masturbation shouldn't be considered a taboo, since believe it or not, pretty much everyone does it, guys and girls.
Apr 30, 2013 2:33 AM

Nov 2011
ShikaC00kiemon said:
Any group subbing it?

SubDESU-H at least
May 2, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed it, from what I've read of the VN this was a very faithful adaptation. I wonder how long this will go, though. The very deliberate pacing suggests a longer series. But, if it's actually hentai, which I find myself doubting considering the very little sexual content (and from what I've seen from the VN the h-scenes aren't particularly graphic), it's rare for them to go more than 3 episodes these days.

Also, it was very rude of Kanade to interrupt her bro when he's masturbating.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 4, 2013 8:21 AM
Jan 2012
Finally got around to watching it tonight, and I must say, it's definitely one of the better otome-game-to-anime adaptations so far. Although it's obviously too early to judge as a whole, at least I think it's still pretty faithful to the VN (I've 100% completed it), even though they added and changed some things that didn't happen in the VN.

The Ikuto masturbation scene doesn't trigger unless you're on his path, and all of his key scenes happen toward the end of his route(s). So yes, it does look like they'll be cherry-picking without much consideration of the game's continuity.

I'm mostly interested in seeing if the story will follow the more "gold" side or the "black" side. I'm hoping for the "black" side, since it'd be more entertaining and less like the standard shoujo reverse harems.

I love the "subtle" Trick or Alice (little cheese's second R18+ otome game) poster in Kanade's room, haha.
Jun 3, 2013 7:53 AM
Apr 2012
Lol at the lat scene, Hino Satoshi's voice was hawt.
I was expecting that it will have more R-18 scenes, well, character introduction is really necessary after all.
Imo it felt like a VN more than an anime, 'cause of the animation and music.
Jun 20, 2013 7:06 PM

Oct 2008
Where can I find the ep1 ??
Jan 27, 2014 2:00 PM

Jul 2012
LOLOL This just went from fluffy to sexual. The boys are pretty hot though. I don't hate it.

I don't wanna bother starting another episode discussion so I'll put my ep 2 thoughts here.
MayukaJan 27, 2014 2:34 PM
May 28, 2014 5:40 PM

May 2012
Dat ending top lel! I do wonder where the mild nudity is... well let's see what's next though!
May 31, 2014 8:20 AM

Oct 2009
OMG the girl is such a typical heroine XD The way she acted cute was cringe-worthy but at the same time funny!

Sudou-kun is so cute! The hairstylist is so gorgeous! I like the animation when he cut her hair and apply makeup on her face since there are not many animated makeovers in anime (I really love watching makeovers so this scene was the highlight of the ep)

The little brother treats her like a mentally-challenged kid LOL

The last 5 mins were so awkward...the fact that he didn't close and lock the door, and the fact that she just casually entered the room and called his name..wow these charas really shocked me with their lack of common sense..

To sum it up, this is like watching an animated Mary-Sue fanfic. I feel like banging my head on the table at times but the art is really nice and the seiyuu cast is awesome!
VongoleAug 19, 2014 7:51 AM
Jun 18, 2014 7:58 PM

Dec 2012
Kind of randomly picked this up on a whim so I wasn't sure what to expect. Kanade's paraoia about the hair stylist and the outside world was amusing. It seemed cute enough until that ending. Wow, I mean the hints were there but holy cow. Kanade seemed fairly calm, so I can only wonder what'll happen next. That was like Yosuga no Sora in reverse and I couldn't help but laugh.
Dec 7, 2014 3:46 PM
Apr 2010
where can i download the game? this is a nice change from usual male perspective
Feb 28, 2015 1:51 AM

Jul 2011
Wow, that ending was unexpected! I thought this would be a fluffy reverse harem series or just bishounen, but I was so wrong! Lock your door next time Ikuto, and Kanade why would you walk in (at all) after hearing him call you?? -facepalm-

I do appreciate a heroine that is chatty for once. Still pretty bland though.
Apr 14, 2019 7:19 PM

Sep 2018
Kinda cute, tho the possessiveness of her brother was super annoying, also felt like it needed more buildup before just jumping to him masturbating, the way that was done felt a bit awkward.
Jun 20, 2020 12:26 AM

Jul 2012
HOW IS HE SUCH A BOTTOM?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuro to Kin no Hirakanai Kagi. Episode 2 Discussion

Frost_Kiss - May 1, 2014

25 by CosmicGirl »»
Dec 5, 2022 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.