Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 6:56 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Arisu is so cute! I'd love to see more of him. Or would it be more appropriate to say her? Aah~ I'm confused.

And Yuuki is the council president... I was wondering why he seemed to have so much influence on the council, but I wouldn't have guessed he truly was the president. He's such a kid in my eyes, although this episode has shown a slightly different side of him.
Apr 21, 2009 4:43 PM

Dec 2007
Lovely Yumi couldn't keep the secret for too long, and I found kind of funny how Sachiko fainted after seeing the guys. Also Yoshino's introduction rocks!! XD
Apr 22, 2013 6:38 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Yumi was trolled by her younger brother twice,
once at the bus stop when he pointed out the obvious,
and then at the "Meet and Greet" when she found out what he was.
Poor Yumi.

CratexApr 22, 2013 6:43 PM
Feb 13, 2014 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
"You're going to stay by Sachiko's side and provide support. Everyone, try and create a calm atmosphere."
You'd think they were talking about a life and death situation. But then again after seeing Sachiko's face as she entered the meeting room it might have been the case for her haha!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 17, 2014 11:48 PM

Sep 2014
It was good to see more of Yuki. Unlike most little brothers of MCs, he's actually a cool guy. The bus stop scene was sweet. Of course Sachiko is Yumi's type. ;)

I can't get enough of Yumi's facial expressions and noises. So cute ~ XD
Jan 22, 2015 7:40 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
If one gather's all of Yumi's cute expressions she'd have an episode just for her.

Sachiko managed to keep her cool n the meeting. There was two buff twins who are tall and then the other 3 guys.

Yumi's decision in coming out clean to Sachiko was probably the best. The only way Sachiko could truly overcome her fear of men is by her own will.

Jun 15, 2015 12:27 AM

Jan 2010
Episode starts off with a conversation about poop. Well.

Anyways, that aside, this is another episode I fully enjoyed. My biggest surprise was when Yumi told Sachiko everything about the whole plot. At first, I was really concerned as it would have made everything prior completely pointless, as well as it serving as an excuse for more tearful hugs. However, to my surprise, they talked it out calmly. No drama, no big scene. I really, really appreciated it that. Of course, the bit with Alice just had to provide the obligatory tearful hug scene, as well as an extremely sudden outburst regarding gender identity, but nonetheless, that's a single blemish on what is another pleasant episode.
Jul 18, 2017 3:36 PM
Aug 2014
Well he was crossdressing at the first meeting so what he said wasn't too surprising, how it happened was a bit much.
Apr 10, 2019 11:01 PM

Feb 2018
Best episode of the series so far. I'm not going to lie, I came close to tearing up when all the girls gathered around Arisu and told him they'd be his friend. The whole "I'm girl stuck in a guy's body" thing sort of came out of nowhere, but still, it was real wholesome scene to cap it off.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jan 5, 2022 2:15 PM

Aug 2018
Schemy, schemy girls.. ;P Well, this totally will backfire, if they plan doing this not informing Sachiko, it feels..
Plotting behind Sachiko's back is too much for Yumi, really..
I'm glad that in the end Yumi tells about it to Sachiko.. If she knows, I think it's better..
Yumi believes in Sachiko, that she will overcome her fears with men soon on her own anyway.. Well, glad it worked out.. As from one side it's showing your believe in person.. What Yumi did.. But also it might be not in Sachiko's liking, interests, or anything - to actually view situation from such perspective, call it fear, or overcome some fear - to begin with.. But it worked out..
Well, these males certainly overreact themselves.. ;D Like what is that "ooh!" exclamation at 31:30, lol.. I mean, it's fine, but it's a bit too casual for 2 student councils meeting on festival matters, isn't it?.. In the end it's whatever.. But it's also kinda strange from their side.. ;D
Well, I guess, it's meeting before actual discussions.. So it turns into comedy, and talks casually about stuff, and other things.. Some jokes later even helped ease atmosphere for Sachiko as well, it seems.. Mainly Yoshino's joke about real deal cousins, probably.. ;P
Mar 28, 2022 7:08 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This episode was once again a nice change of pace from what we’re used to from the first 2 seasons, this time it introduced a handful of new male characters which are part of the student council of Yuuki’s school, and what started out as a plan to get Sachiko used to men became thrown off the rails. First, Yumi confesses the plan to Sachiko, which imo good for Yumi, I’m really glad she realized that was wrong, but also Sachiko ended up meeting the boys from the student council anyway because Yuuki’s friend mistook the situation lol, and the meeting ended up happening, which had a mix of hilarious moments from both the guys and the girls.

Thankfully neither side was rude and it all went well, except the Alice stuff, which kinda surprised me but it turned out to be a good bit. Lastly, Yuuki was revealed to be the student council president which shook Yumi, but later we find out he has no real power with his position, but Yumi comes to the rescue with her comforting words and big sister energy, to which Yuuki ends up flattering her back lol. A very nice episode, absolutely loving this season so far, it might be my favorite so far if this keeps up.
Apr 21, 2022 7:54 PM

Jun 2014
Sachiko Was slowly able to get over her fear of men, thanks to Yumi and the girls.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Alice is a transwoman. It made me so happy that they were willing to be her friend.

Feb 19, 2023 11:02 AM

Aug 2021
there really was an opportunity to do something revolutionary here, like one of the people in the boys school council straight up came out as trans to everybody right
the show had an opportunity to validate this in a way, for example sachiko being a little surprised at first cuz of the hug, but gradually get more and more comfortable and finally be calm;  but nah suddenly yumi is like 'oh no she got hugged by a guy', where this person literally said that they wish they were a girl
it really did come off /a little/ transphobic

alright seriously tho, season 1 was like perfect for me, and both second and now third have like questionable shit all over, the premise itself this ep is to fix sachikos fear of men, but that kind of implies that there is something essentially wrong with her bcuz she dislikes men (and obviously she does not dislike all men, she is fond of yumis brother for example, she got most uncomfortable around masculine men from the council in particular), its kind of like stating 'if u feel uncomfortable around men (masc in particular) there is something wrong with u'; even tho this is literally a girls love show, it often completely misses the opportunity to challenge patriarchal notions, sometimes it even reinforces them, like the ep in 2nd szn with the adult men relationships with high school girls

damn this show aged bad lmao, but again, the first season was really good, like there was nothing sus there, i actually prefer it much more over 2nd and 3rd
Aug 16, 2023 9:45 AM
Feb 2021
elgatosaika said:
there really was an opportunity to do something revolutionary here, like one of the people in the boys school council straight up came out as trans to everybody right
the show had an opportunity to validate this in a way, for example sachiko being a little surprised at first cuz of the hug, but gradually get more and more comfortable and finally be calm;  but nah suddenly yumi is like 'oh no she got hugged by a guy', where this person literally said that they wish they were a girl
it really did come off /a little/ transphobic

alright seriously tho, season 1 was like perfect for me, and both second and now third have like questionable shit all over, the premise itself this ep is to fix sachikos fear of men, but that kind of implies that there is something essentially wrong with her bcuz she dislikes men (and obviously she does not dislike all men, she is fond of yumis brother for example, she got most uncomfortable around masculine men from the council in particular), its kind of like stating 'if u feel uncomfortable around men (masc in particular) there is something wrong with u'; even tho this is literally a girls love show, it often completely misses the opportunity to challenge patriarchal notions, sometimes it even reinforces them, like the ep in 2nd szn with the adult men relationships with high school girls

damn this show aged bad lmao, but again, the first season was really good, like there was nothing sus there, i actually prefer it much more over 2nd and 3rd
This show was very important to me since the 2000s, but I never watched the 2nd and 3rd seasons, so I gave it a try. It was one of the worst experiences that I had in my life. Not only Arisu, but the whole plot has so many problems, like making a girl(Sachiko) feel guilty because of her family trauma?! wtf! Then, they come with a trans character(this is not open to debate, Arisu is trans) so she says about how unfair is that she wasn't born as a girl and the first thing that happens in her breakdown was her being reminded that she's a man?????? WTF!!!!!!!!! Dude, this made me so angry that I had to vent a little with my friends and this was enough for me to drop the entire series. Like, the First season was pretty good, but the two following, well, I can't say the same for them.  A good show that got an unpleasant turn without any reason.
Aug 22, 2023 10:36 PM
Jan 2019
Another cute episode. I thought it was kinda funny when Yumi got kidnapped and the reason was because she looked like her brother. Isn’t her brother a tad bit taller than her?? Alright let’s get to the main part. Arisu or Alice. Same thing. A crossdressing boy attending an all boys high school and member of the student council. I think if we look at what he said “I wish I were born a girl then I could’ve attended (the all girls high school the girls attend) and then I could’ve been your little sister (to Sachiko).” That’s why Yumi intervened, because he was touching her sister. I feel like Japan handles transgenderism or anything on that spectrum differently than the west does. They just kind of exist and I think that’s the right approach. Trans people are normal people, they don’t need special treatment and are not given privileges over others. I think that kind of representation is spot on. Before anyone starts attacking me for using male pronouns, pronouns don’t exist in Japanese or rather, people don’t use them and prefer to call each other by their names so using the name Alice is basically the same thing.

More topics from this board

» the last episode

Roncha - Sep 3, 2008

1 by Rouqerd »»
Mar 10, 2023 2:35 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 3 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

13 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 23, 2023 5:56 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 1 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

18 by elgatosaika »»
Feb 18, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 5 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

20 by jenkitsune »»
Aug 20, 2022 8:37 PM

Poll: » Maria-sama ga Miteru 3rd Episode 4 Discussion

Teddy - Dec 8, 2008

15 by _-_Sally_-_ »»
Apr 22, 2022 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.