Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 8, 2008 5:18 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The kid is just too, way too sick for me. Way, way too sick.
Wait, everybody dies?
Feb 15, 2009 7:00 PM

Aug 2008
Man everyone seems to be hating on this show, but I think it was a great episode. I like the drama mixed with all the pow pow.
Apr 10, 2009 8:45 PM

Oct 2008
This episode for me was only ok. The old man really pisses me off. If he only would have stopped believing in the goodness of humanity and possible redemption of someone, the others would not have died. For most of those who are rotten, they'll stay that way.

Stop trying to talk and convince Muroto to surrender and peacefully give up! Just gun him down from the beginning or from behind and the others would not have died! His naive attitude just because someone is a minor is really Stupid. Pure Bullshit.

The other thing that really gets on my nerves about this show is the Hesitation of the characters to pull the trigger at critical moments. If more of them had pulled the trigger the moment they had to, they wouldn't have died.
Jun 20, 2009 10:34 AM

May 2009
Just the manga is way bette i guess... this wasn't my favorite episode, one of the worst, just want to watch the ending...
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Aug 9, 2009 11:27 PM

Jul 2009
well, finally the old man died, i was tired of him r.r... i hope the last episode to be better than this one
Feb 18, 2010 12:31 PM

May 2009
TYSM said:
The other thing that really gets on my nerves about this show is the Hesitation of the characters to pull the trigger at critical moments. If more of them had pulled the trigger the moment they had to, they wouldn't have died.
I agree. It's so damn annoying when they constantly hesitate and try to persuade/talk to everyone. It's kind of killed the enjoyment of this anime for me because I'm always annoyed or pissed at the characters. Not to mention the plot and pacing sucks.
Mar 30, 2010 6:35 PM

Feb 2010
stAtic91 said:
TYSM said:
I agree. It's so damn annoying when they constantly hesitate and try to persuade/talk to everyone. It's kind of killed the enjoyment of this anime for me because I'm always annoyed or pissed at the characters. Not to mention the plot and pacing sucks.

Seriously -_-
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 6, 2010 9:54 PM

Oct 2008
So much goreee. :3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 10, 2010 8:35 PM
Jul 2009
are these events even in the manga?
Jul 20, 2010 10:54 AM

May 2009
YExoticCreature said:
They're not. The statue arc is in the manga, but the rest of this anime are fillers. Crappy ones.
Jun 4, 2011 5:50 AM

Apr 2009
goblinlady said:
Wait, everybody dies?

Again. LOL

I hope everything gets resolved next episode but I should probably not expect that much. Ohh boy. Last episode, here I come.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jun 23, 2011 10:03 PM

Sep 2009
SecretNobody said:

Quite a few of the more slow moments of the second series have been directly caused by the filler characters.
This included events that happened in the statue arc.

===

I HOPE EVERYONE DIES.
Even Kurono. I don't want him living in world filled with filler.
Oct 24, 2011 6:51 AM

Jul 2009
Guess beating up hobos is one of the early steps to becoming total psychos.
RobbiniOct 24, 2011 6:57 AM
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Oct 25, 2012 10:10 AM

May 2012
This was quite an amazing episode! Maybe there is still hope for the ending? Or will they just kill everyone off? Lets find out next!
Oct 31, 2012 5:54 PM
Oct 2012
Decent episode, "The sickest ones are human" rings true.
Feb 11, 2013 8:30 AM

Jan 2012
Well, they sure are sick. Only death will cure them. I wonder how will it end.

Sep 21, 2013 7:20 PM

Jan 2011
The problem is not trying to talk it out - the problem is that they do it over and over without any reason to believe that something changed.

They try to talk, it escalates because those two pull guns/shoot/whatever, they wait until they can escape, then shoot. Next time they catch up with them they try to talk, it escalates because those two pull guns/shoot/whatever, they wait until they can again and shoot only then. Next time they catch up..

Seriously? It was not even the old guy who killed Kei's teacher, it was the other. And the bookstore guy stil thinks he can talk him out of it? He's only "being used", even when they saw the falling out of those two?

Even Kurono. He should have learned. When it comes to Gantz, first shoot, if something survives, shoot again. Shoot a third time to make sure. Then ask questions. If someone answers, shoot again. And if you are really really sure that everything is dead, shoot again.
Jun 28, 2014 10:04 AM

Jun 2009
I really like that book keeper.
Jul 13, 2014 12:07 AM

Jun 2009
Just skipped the episode, they didn't really exist in the manga
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Nov 30, 2014 4:44 AM

Jun 2011
I am so glad to know this is all filler, because frankly it manages to get worse by every episode. 0/10
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 15, 2015 11:59 AM

Jul 2007
stAtic91 said:
TYSM said:

Yup even when they have said "I WILL KILL THAT BASTARD" and see them again in very easy kill spot THEY HESITATE. It's like they want to be killed, god damn retards and so bad writing.
Jun 22, 2015 1:41 PM

Sep 2010
Hahahaha... that was so hilarious.

Naturally I can only make this comment because I already read the manga a year ago or so.

Adaptation was quite good overall, and the fact that I added a new entry to the "list of poorly made anime only endings" doesn't bother me that much. I believe there were endless amount of options on how to use those 4 remaining episodes.

If they were already making an enemy out of Gantz then they could at least make the last mission 1vs1 Kei vs Gantz :).

Other ending I thought out of is that Kei-chan gathers 100th points and something big happens. In the anime story it wasn't explained yet what happens when 100th points are gathered so they could come up with something original on that front.

Instead they decided to make new mission that didn't give any sort of conclusion other that, who cares whatever there are crazy dangerous aliens around if we are surrounded by people who can be even more crazy and dangerous. Well, while I definitely agree with what those episodes wanted to show, unfortunately it didn't do a good job while doing so and there was absolutely no conclusion. Even Kei-chan dying would be better I guess story ends at bad end.

But what's more important is thatl ignoring those four episodes, everything up to episode 22 was good so anyone who liked that part can easily jump into the manga story. Manga also has a very good art so I would recomend anyone to start it over. I think that the feels are better executed there as well (like I remember crying over Katou's death, but not because he just died, but rather because the chapter that chapter was done so well with his younger brother appearing in the perfect moments)

The ending, even thought quite crazy does explain most of things and leaves only few less important things unexplained.
Feb 1, 2016 10:50 PM

Sep 2012
stupid bald head is the reason everyone started to die.
Feb 3, 2016 9:15 AM

Aug 2013
Will someone please pull the trigger.
Sep 10, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2009
This show makes me want to scratch my head.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2017 11:44 PM

Jun 2013
Ugh that stupid bookstore owner. Defending Muroto the blue-haired punk ass bitch just because he's a minor.

Poor Nozaki. Well, goodbye to Saito, no one cares about that wimp.

Kajiura is the worst villain ever. Give me Suzuki alien any day.

That girl was talking about how she's going to fight back but gets whipped instead.
臭い-
Jan 3, 2018 5:41 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I quite like this arc, its moves at a faster pace xD Classy as hell episode!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 24, 2022 5:40 AM

Oct 2015
man this anime original arc is cringe as fuck
Sep 5, 2023 5:52 PM

Nov 2010
There would be so many avoidable deaths if they didn't take too long to decide to shoot. They already know how sick these two are since a few episodes ago, and there's still so much hesitation in shooting them.
Feb 11, 12:01 AM

Jan 2020
Welp, seems like everyone except Kurono gonna die....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

naikou - Aug 1, 2008

140 by Randomega »»
Feb 11, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 11 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

29 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 10 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

26 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 9 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

41 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Gantz - Second Stage Episode 8 Discussion

Fentastic - Dec 8, 2008

46 by Randomega »»
Feb 10, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.