Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 22, 2019 3:30 PM

Feb 2017
Man, this show is starting to fall apart. The plot holes in such a complex world are showing through more than before.
Feb 13, 2020 3:38 AM

Dec 2018
That sure was a humiliation to the strongest cantus user. So much for the splitting the earth in half.

Lol, the red hair is a red herring.

So that what Yakomaru meant when he needs 'time' to prepare the bones.

I think she's not a fiend, she could be seen as a Karma Demon because it's said that she leaks her cantus, and I bet she didn't receive the hypnotis that should be given for every cantus user. Which could mean that she is still affected by Death Feedback, if that's the case then that head priest Mushin could manipulate her death feedback just like back then to when he did it to Saki. But this is very risky as he must get close to her probably.

And if she's a fiend the queerats couldn't have controlled her.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Mar 6, 2020 12:18 AM
Apr 2019
so Mamoru and Maria fucked each other and now blessed with a child.
I wonder if the death feedback can kill any normal human with canti..... then why can't it kill a fiend (Akki)??
May 4, 2020 11:21 PM

Aug 2019
What an episode again. So it really is Maria and Mamoru's kid being used by the Queerats, that's just so sad. And even if I agree that Yakomaru is quite the genius strategist with such a well thought-out plan in place, I hope he dies a very painful death. The scene with them realizing his real plan was abducting infants to raise them as weapons is horrifying. Damn, too bad Shisei went down faster than expected. That kid's screams really give me the creeps.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jul 31, 2020 1:43 AM
Mar 2020
Holy shit, everything fell into place indeed. Rip Maria and Mamoru
Nov 9, 2020 5:12 AM

Jul 2017
Really good episode. It's odd how inconsistent the quality and enjoyment of episodes are for me. One episode it's boring, the next it's one of the best of the series. I thought the twist with Maria and Mamoru's kid was well done and the music in the episode was great overall too.
Dec 21, 2020 1:30 PM

Jul 2020
Ugh that was sad. No more yuri kissing, I guess.
Jun 14, 2021 12:01 PM

Jan 2016
Viva La Revolution!!
May the queerats win against their tyrannical oppressors
Jan 9, 2022 8:15 AM

Nov 2018
So she is actually named Maria just for that biblical reference...
Kids should have killed the lying rat before he got too high up that ladder.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 8, 2022 9:12 AM
Nov 2020
Damn, the young girl messiah was the daughter of maria and mamoru. So sad they died and their child turned into ogre
Mar 30, 2022 6:35 PM

Apr 2016
Just rewatched the anime again and yes I'm still utterly mad at the mistreatment Kaburagi Shisei got in this series. The man hyped to have been able to slice the earth in half, almost saw through Squealer's scheme, on top of that his proposal of enhancing their communication system could have totally turned the tide of this conflict and he got wasted like fodder for some really lame-ass reason of hyping up the "Messiah". All of this just to create a generic "push the hero to absolute limit" is always a flaw that not even the best of the best could avoid.
Apr 30, 2022 1:56 AM

Jan 2020
Man, all the adults are just getting steamrolled. It's insane how most of this series they are seen as these insurmountable walls and then, here at the end, some random berserk kid takes them all out with the utmost ease. I'd have thought that some of the higher-ups might've had a workaround for the Death Feedback, guess not.

I guess the bones delivered to the humans were really Maria and Mamoru's after all then. Their child must've killed them by accident after becoming a fiend. Then Squealer conveniently scooped them up and delivered them as promised. Still not sure how he's controlling a fiend though?

Well, we're in the endgame now. Saki don't fail us now.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 26, 2022 9:24 PM
Nov 2021
i like the part where the lesbian is schizo
Nov 5, 2022 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
i guess humans cant kill another human unless they arent aware that the target is a human, thats the only explanation i can think of as to why no one has tried to kill the Fiend, an it does seem like the only defense they have against Fiends or Karma Demons are just the Tainted Cats which havent been usefull but i guess its to be expected since besides Tomiko no one has experience as to what Fiends can do
Apr 8, 2023 3:15 AM
Dec 2020
Well everything's starting to make more sense but it's giving rise to more questions.
Guess I'll watch it till the end and see what it has to offer.
Imo the villagers should have kept a karma demon just in case a fiend appears then again that would be a suicidal task
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

363 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.