Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Feb 15, 2013 2:53 AM

May 2010
That ending song..
Feb 15, 2013 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
Love the show, amazing adaptation from the four panel manga, book four comes out in a week, can't wait, preordered of course. The first three are great but the anime is so special. Preordered the BD too.

New ED every week, must buy that one, so funny.

Great beach episode... a shark! Oh no, it's just...
Feb 15, 2013 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
Quite surprised to see a new ED created just for the "flat chest" sung by none other than Kotoura herself.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 15, 2013 5:54 AM
Apr 2011
New ED song, i like it, Tsupettan... pe tan ko.... yay....
Feb 15, 2013 6:10 AM

Sep 2012
the Pettanko ending is so hilarious!

and drama is incoming on next episode.
Feb 15, 2013 8:25 AM

Jun 2012
Well, nothing happened at all, but it was relaxing (seeing as it's summer). Kotoura cries a lot, and apparently idiocy is contagious (Moritani has completely different personality), if I have not already said that.
4/5.

Feb 15, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
TheJayP said:
InfiniteRyvius said:
Who the fucks was that character with the red hair begging at Kotoura's knees?

Wait, that was Moritani?Hah, yeh as if lol... wait, it actually is... Hey you guys, do you remember Moritani 1? What happened to her? Why has no one noticed that she's been replaced? Shit, is this going to be part of a plot?

--

Okay, more seriously, Manabe's perverted antics are starting to wear a little thin, it's not funny like it used to be, and you can only get so far with one joke.

Okay, back on track.

Seriously, what the fuck? Who the fuck is Moritani 2? Why is she acting completely different from Moritani 1?

Also, the Grandfather went up in my books by being a hilarious prick and leaving them, and then it just being a haunted house, what a rich dick thing to do, I like it. Makes up for the weird incestual pedophilic jokes earlier in the series.

---

Overall, a pretty pleasant episode, although certain elements of the humour are just not funny any more.

If you were watching more closely you would have realized that Mori felt like complete shit for what she did, and Kotoura realized that (by reading her mind, confirming it was genuine) and forgave her. It's called character development.

Actually, it's called character derailment.

Anyway, that's one strange anime, I don't know what it's trying to be.
Feb 15, 2013 11:43 AM

Dec 2012
I laugh at these people who still take this anime so seriously.
Feb 15, 2013 11:49 AM

Dec 2009
Because your opinion holds so much creditably.
Feb 15, 2013 12:43 PM
Jan 2011
Whoa, I don't that Kotoura's grandpa is that rich.

the Mommy is coming back, I wonder why?
Feb 15, 2013 1:30 PM

Jan 2013
Nasty001 said:
Whoa, I don't that Kotoura's grandpa is that rich.

the Mommy is coming back, I wonder why?

Who knows... she could have been lurking around stalking her for a long time. Maybe somewhere she has an ounce of Motherly concern for her child. Maybe she hates to see her daughter happy because she is miserable. I hope Kotoura does not forgive her... at least not for a long time.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Feb 15, 2013 1:39 PM

Jan 2013
damn kotoura's mom is my public enemy 1 :)

Wonder whats gonna happen between kotoura's mom and everybody else...

If i was Manabe, id try to put her out of the picture via his fightning skills, but moritani could do it better...

Feb 15, 2013 3:13 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Vergelanimefan said:
Don't forget her father.
Feb 15, 2013 3:31 PM

Nov 2011
So, the evil mom returns next week, i hope they dont make up.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 15, 2013 3:46 PM

Jan 2013
Cratex said:
Vergelanimefan said:
Don't forget her father.

That's true... I forget about the father. Mainly because he was not very present in his daughter's life. He couldn't be bothered with her at all. He is just as much of a villain as the Mother is, however we expect more from Mothers.
Feb 15, 2013 7:31 PM

Jul 2009
Laughed so hard at the hissing. And that ED, wish I knew the lyrics. :'D

Mom scared the shit out of me tho. And just how rich Kotoura's family is? :s
Feb 15, 2013 10:58 PM
Jul 2012
This was one boring episode, this kind of forced comedy episodes are so boring, really this series had an aewsome beggining, i mean like first 3 or 4 episodes, then it started with pretty bad comedy, and the drama sucked. They need to explore drama because this series has no more romance(unless the guy falls for the killer girl) nor comedy(please stop with the same erotic thinking annoying kotoura, i know it will continue but really, it gets really boring fast). The kotoura flee thing was just strange, wasn't good at all, when you think the series was going serious it adds bad comedy to break the mood. Now this episode that looks like a filler, no story development at all.
I am so glad the series will receive some story development once again next episode, this series dropped on my list from 10 to 8( I usually don't rate bellow 5 because i'm used to 7 beign average score due to my school system, meaning 5 is a anime i dislike, i wish the score system was from 1 to 100) during these initial episodes, i have hopes on this series.
KarffebonFeb 15, 2013 11:06 PM
Feb 16, 2013 12:42 AM

Jan 2010
rodac said:
Mockman said:
Not very interesting. It feels to me like the show's creators don't really know what to do now so they're spinning out some bits and bites. Hope they figure it out soon.

Since the source is a four panel manga, I'm prepared to cut them some slack. It is supposed to be a romantic school comedy after all--despite the heavy duty drama in the first couple of episodes.

As to the reappearance of the mother, I'm getting the impression that the grandfather and the priest are trying to bring her back together with Kotoura. Showing the mother that Kotoura does have friends and isn't considered a total freak anymore might be part of that process. As a side note, the divorce statistics for parents who have a special needs child are really high--probably because of the stress it puts on the marriage. I suspect that the mother is feeling guilt over abandoning her daughter, anger with the husband who let her do most of the work of finding a "cure" for Kotoura's problems, and a whole bunch of other emotions about the situation. I fearlessly predict that the attempt at reconciliation will be a major arc in the rest of the series.

I had the feeling that this show came from what you call a four panel manga, although I couldn't think of how to word it. Other similar shows have offered a more continuous story than this one though (e.g. Seitokai Yakuindomo). And you're right, after the bleak horrors of the early episodes, where the show had a different flow to it in addition to a different type of content, it feels very random now. But I won't argue with your prediction although I can't feel very sympathetic with the mother at this time. While it's easy enough to sympathise with some of the problems she faced, her viciousness went above and beyond what was required.
Feb 16, 2013 2:23 AM

Sep 2010
The best thing about this episzode is the ED......

3/5
Feb 16, 2013 4:27 AM

Jan 2013
ED so win
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Feb 16, 2013 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
It was funny. I liked that scene on the beach, and how Manabe acted. I'm still a little disappointed becouse of Moritani..
It was really funny and damn, her grandpa is really rich.
Feb 16, 2013 8:06 AM

Dec 2009
One of the better lighthearted episodes.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Feb 16, 2013 8:08 AM
Jun 2008
I am surprise by that ED song, Tsuruuu Pettaaaa
and the ED song is named under Tsurupetta as well -_-"
Feb 16, 2013 8:15 AM

Sep 2012
mora404 said:
That's true... I forget about the father. Mainly because he was not very present in his daughter's life. He couldn't be bothered with her at all. He is just as much of a villain as the Mother is, however we expect more from Mothers.
I would say the father is MORE a villain than the mother, since he is the first one to abandon the family, which contributes to the mother seeking her way out and thus the breakdown of the family.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 8:37 AM

Aug 2011
garretdejiko said:
It hurts to live when you realize that there are no girls like Kotoura irl.

no way!! I know a person in my school who's small and adorable as kotoura ahh
Feb 16, 2013 8:48 AM

Nov 2007
Awe, that ending song was really cute :3 <3 The episode was a little dumb though, especially the theme park thing -w-

Feb 16, 2013 10:44 AM

Apr 2010
mora404 said:
Cratex said:
Vergelanimefan said:
Don't forget her father.

The father is much worse then the mother.
I can forgive the mother i can't forgive the father don't forget the mother was all on her own in taking care of Kotoura while that useless jerk of a father wasn't around at all sleeping with a other woman.

And for Kotoura's mother to be there isn't that strange i mean Kotoura is not living there so she doesn't have a reason not to be there and it's a big house with lots of space.

The episode itself well lets just say this is getting worse each week it started of as a drama but now it looks like a comedy.
Feb 16, 2013 11:43 AM

Jan 2013
Aversa said:
mora404 said:
Cratex said:
Vergelanimefan said:
Don't forget her father.

The father is much worse then the mother.
I can forgive the mother i can't forgive the father don't forget the mother was all on her own in taking care of Kotoura while that useless jerk of a father wasn't around at all sleeping with a other woman.

And for Kotoura's mother to be there isn't that strange i mean Kotoura is not living there so she doesn't have a reason not to be there and it's a big house with lots of space.

The episode itself well lets just say this is getting worse each week it started of as a drama but now it looks like a comedy.

Yeah, now that i think about it, i guess Kotoura's father was much worser a person than the mother. I mean he left all the work to his wife, as he cheated on her.

However, i still could not forgive the fact that she dropped Kotoura as if she was a piece of wothless s*it. I mean, she already knows kotoura's being bullied, yet she doesnt make an effort to comfort her herself, she does take them to multiple doctors and the head priest (i was happy the head priest became a character) but she should have made an effort to comfort her herself. Also, on the ending of episode 6, i couldve sworn i saw a look in her eyes that suggests hatred and want to kill Kotoura...

Feb 16, 2013 11:51 AM

Sep 2012
Now come to think of it, I wonder if Kotoura's mother ever got to know about her daughter's special power....

Feb 16, 2013 12:06 PM

Mar 2012
Is Kotoura a Christian?(If you're observant you get where I get this point from)
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Feb 16, 2013 12:12 PM

Dec 2008
Wordsmith said:

The scene on the boat and later with the bento were cute.

Also hilarious when he had to apalogize to the old man for not making a move on the boat xD

xxanimeee said:
Muroto is so funny XD
Kotoura's mom so creepy

Also a bitch for what she did to her. Why the hell is she even stalking her anyway lol Creepy as fawk
Feb 16, 2013 12:18 PM

Dec 2008
Yvese said:
Love Manabe's antics and perverted thoughts. Fun ep. Also love the new ED. Pettanko song. I lol'd.

Looks like Kotoura's mom will be making an appearance soon. Will be interesting to see.

More drama. Don't really know how I feel about that. They have such a good thing going with the comedy.
Feb 16, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2010
Vergelanimefan said:

Yeah, now that i think about it, i guess Kotoura's father was much worser a person than the mother. I mean he left all the work to his wife, as he cheated on her.

However, i still could not forgive the fact that she dropped Kotoura as if she was a piece of wothless s*it. I mean, she already knows kotoura's being bullied, yet she doesnt make an effort to comfort her herself, she does take them to multiple doctors and the head priest (i was happy the head priest became a character) but she should have made an effort to comfort her herself. Also, on the ending of episode 6, i couldve sworn i saw a look in her eyes that suggests hatred and want to kill Kotoura...
The last thing she said was indeed something that should not be said especially towards a young child.
What makes it so sad was that she really loved Katoura when she was born the problems started when the teacher mentioned Kotoura's behaviour at school.
She did try to find a cure or a way for Kotoura to become a normal girl but she didn't manage to do so.
I do agree with you that a different approach might have worked but again she was all alone when it came to taking care of Kotoura not to mention that all of the doctors she went to didn't have a clue about how to deal with Kotoura either.
There are people that research and give advice about paranormal powers but they are rare and hard to find, not to mention that most people don't know about them or ever ridicule them for there research.

What i also think was a problem was that Kotoura didn't realise that she was hurting and scaring people with her powers.
The thing that seems strange to me is that no one ever told her that she could have better kept the ideas of others to herself it would have prevented a lot of misfortune for her.
symbv said:
Now come to think of it, I wonder if Kotoura's mother ever got to know about her daughter's special power....
Even if she didn't she most likely has a hunch i mean what else for explanation do you have that Koutora knows everything others think.
As far as i know of there are only two ways of doing that mind reading or telepathy.
Feb 16, 2013 2:08 PM

Jan 2013
I hope they never change the OP it's awesome. Also I loved this episode 5/5.
Feb 16, 2013 4:33 PM

May 2012
Here comes Kotoura's failure of a mother.
Feb 16, 2013 9:30 PM

Oct 2009
Well, seeing what happened with Moritani. I bet our beloved Mary Sue will forgive her mom, and then her mother would take a guilt trip for a couple episode, and suddenly take heel face turn into the caring mother she used to be. In the end of the series, everyone running up the hill, laughing and smiling, and Kotoura father died after being hit by a jetplane. Everybody happy.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Feb 17, 2013 4:18 AM

Jun 2011
lol'd at the ED xD
Still my #1 anime for the season, even though this episode wasn't as good as most of the previous ones
Feb 17, 2013 5:54 AM

Nov 2010
The new ED is really good.
Feb 17, 2013 6:12 AM

Jan 2013
azzuRe said:
Well, seeing what happened with Moritani. I bet our beloved Mary Sue will forgive her mom, and then her mother would take a guilt trip for a couple episode, and suddenly take heel face turn into the caring mother she used to be. In the end of the series, everyone running up the hill, laughing and smiling, and Kotoura father died after being hit by a jetplane. Everybody happy.

Ha I like daddy's demise!
Feb 17, 2013 6:56 AM

Oct 2012
Her mom will ruin the summer! :(
Feb 17, 2013 8:03 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
azzuRe said:
and Kotoura father died after being hit by a jetplane. Everybody happy.
LOL
Feb 17, 2013 10:41 AM

May 2009
I like how the ending theme is always different :D pitanko~ lol
Feb 17, 2013 11:18 AM

Mar 2012
man the end was mean, making kotoura slide in her swimsuit on ice:/ don't worry kotoura, we like you for who u r
Feb 17, 2013 1:32 PM

Feb 2012
Seems like the drama will return,and thats a good thing.
nice ep.
Feb 17, 2013 5:47 PM

Feb 2009
Muroto is damn too mature poor Mifune trying sex appeal to him.
Feb 17, 2013 6:25 PM
Feb 2010
Just started and caught up with this series, and I love it.

The first five to eight minutes dedicated solely to Kotoura's backstory were heartbreaking, and they told us exactly how she viewed the world her whole life; and to have it end with the peak into Manabe's mind bringing color back to the world was great.

All of the characters are lovable with the exception of the Mori girl, who is lucky she is not in jail. At least the writers KNEW she would have be the butt-monkey of the group following THAT incident. With Mama-b@#$h back in the mix Mori may be out done though.
Feb 17, 2013 6:42 PM

Nov 2008
InfiniteRyvius said:
I did notice when she was crying on her lap, she briefly thought about how she'd bullied her, and then she apologized even more whilst bailing her eyes out. I did in fact notice that. However, you think that the mere reference to what she'd done before makes it alright? Why should it? Yes, we all know she's terribly sorry, the plot kinda bashed us over the head with that, you couldn't not notice it, however that aside, do you not think that her ENTIRE PERSONALITY HAS CHANGED. This isn't even about her being sorry for her actions, she is now acting completely differently, have you not noticed? :o

I just want to ask you something:

What was the personality of Moritani 1?

Because for me it was just my first impression of her, not necessarily her real personality. Her Moritani 2 like personality is her true personality. A cat if I may compare it. Attention seeker + does not want to get in bad side. The cage fits her the most. I still cant forgive this person. -nods-

EDIT: also I dont see how shes different now. She has been an attention seeker since she first introduced (always approaching Manabe and whatever). Doesn't get on the bad side to her influential friends. Please enlighten me.
DenjaXFeb 17, 2013 6:51 PM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 17, 2013 7:34 PM

Jul 2009
mfw that ED started
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 17, 2013 10:50 PM
Jul 2012
this show is kinda boring now
Feb 18, 2013 7:06 AM

Jan 2013
nice episode ^^
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jan 17, 2013

300 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 10:29 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GotenSakurauchi - Jan 10, 2013

457 by TecknicalWarrior »»
Apr 30, 9:50 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

172 by _untitled »»
Apr 8, 7:55 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2013

210 by _untitled »»
Mar 25, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Kotoura-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2013

272 by SereniTeaHive »»
Mar 22, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.