Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Feb 14, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Oh my god can we get through one episode discussion thread without people talking about Refrain.

/join at the cause.

Nope...
Feb 14, 2013 7:12 PM

Sep 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Oh my god can we get through one episode discussion thread without people talking about Refrain.

That... cannot be avoided.

Feb 14, 2013 7:15 PM

Dec 2008
Oh boy, that was quite good. I wasn’t too impressed with her character in the beginning, but there was some real development there, and I got more emotional than I thought I would. I got a little confused at the end as to what exactly were Kanata's circumstances/motivations in that final revelation, though…hopefully the VN explains it a bit more clearly once I finally get around to it.
Feb 14, 2013 7:22 PM

Sep 2012
Frediloc said:
Oh boy, that was quite good. I wasn’t too impressed with her character in the beginning, but there was some real development there, and I got more emotional than I thought I would. I got a little confused at the end as to what exactly were Kanata's circumstances/motivations in that final revelation, though…hopefully the VN explains it a bit more clearly once I finally get around to it.

Haruka's route is the longest of the heroines and has a lot of details cut out from the VN, and the original story was a lot better and made much more sense, so it should satisfy you ;>
Vladz0rFeb 14, 2013 7:31 PM
Feb 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Nov 2008
Ahhh Blue sky.... AND SUDDENLY it rained so hard!!! They probably stood there for couple of hours.

And Kanata just left like that? Uh oh. Whatever happened to the threat of killing Haruka?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 15, 2013 10:11 AM

Jan 2013
@Tyrel: Thx for the rss download guide, man ^^
Feb 15, 2013 7:10 PM

Jun 2012
Just watched this episode. Riki's line about no God pissed me off (I'm a theist; not an atheist) but besides that this was probably the best episode they've had thus far. I only wonder what will happen in the last three episodes (24-26) after Kud's route is over.

Perhaps Kurugaya's route and the baseball game?

I just wish we could see Masato's route in Refrain already. It was beautiful in the VN. For anyone who wants to see it, here's a YT link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNn1tfKbHmk
Feb 15, 2013 7:19 PM

Aug 2011
dear God that doesnt exist in the little busters world, PLEASE animate the perspective switches in Refrain.
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.
Feb 16, 2013 12:01 AM

Jan 2013
Please do not bring in religious argument into anime discussion. That topic is completely unrelated and will only bring trouble for everyone. Also note that asians have a completely different understanding of 'god', so cut them some slack.
Feb 16, 2013 12:26 AM

Sep 2008
ClannadIsLove said:
Just watched this episode. Riki's line about no God pissed me off (I'm a theist; not an atheist) but besides that this was probably the best episode they've had thus far. I only wonder what will happen in the last three episodes (24-26) after Kud's route is over.

Perhaps Kurugaya's route and the baseball game?

I just wish we could see Masato's route in Refrain already. It was beautiful in the VN. For anyone who wants to see it, here's a YT link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNn1tfKbHmk

I'm pretty sure he was just talking about among them. As in no one in LB became god to save Haruka.
Wafuu~
Feb 16, 2013 8:57 AM

Sep 2012
Still trying to figure out why, despite all the physical violence and threat to make Kanata do their bidding, the clan would just let her go and forsake the clan just like that. Wouldn't they take some drastic measure to get her back or, failing that, punish her (and those around her) ?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 10:33 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
Still trying to figure out why, despite all the physical violence and threat to make Kanata do their bidding, the clan would just let her go and forsake the clan just like that. Wouldn't they take some drastic measure to get her back or, failing that, punish her (and those around her) ?

(VN spoilers)

Anyway, Klashikari from Animesuki made a list of things the anime left out. Of course the adaptation couldn't show everything, but some choices the staff made left some glaring holes.

For those who are interested: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4550515&postcount=78

tl;dr the adaptation left some dumb holes. But still, it was quite emocional.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Feb 16, 2013 10:52 AM

Sep 2012
^ Thanks, now that makes a lot more sense. This means the anime adaptation storywriter indeed made a significant mistake here. But that begs another question: How could Kanata and Haruka be seen so close to each other in public (as shown in the anime, not sure if similar also happens in the VN) if Kanata did not break her tie with the clan?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Feb 16, 2013 10:55 AM

Jan 2013
symbv said:

All of the following things are merely theories and conjectures. I might even lack information on some parts since I didn't play LB EX/ME version.

This time, the Futaki/Saigusa family has the short end of the stick. Trying anything funny would come with a high risk.
If Haruka and Kanata wished for it, they could bring down the family for good. Kanata's injuries are hard evidence. The family might be able to chase off a school teacher or a single local policeman (VN info), maybe even silence bad rumors, but those injuries are on a whole different level.

So now you might be wondering: Why didn't Kanata leave earlier?

It's because Haruka wouldn't have played along.
Remember the situation before the issue was solved: Haruka suffered from inferiority complex and most importantly, she hated Kanata. If Kanata left the family, the'd invite Haruka to be their heir. And Haruka would have accepted.
She would have switched positions with Kanata, gained a higher status and all those people would tell her "You're our precious heir. You're not trash. Kanata is the murderer's daughter". Having people tell her that and getting revenge on Kanata was all Haruka ever wanted.
Feb 16, 2013 11:05 AM

Jul 2011
symbv said:
^ Thanks, now that makes a lot more sense. This means the anime adaptation storywriter indeed made a significant mistake here. But that begs another question: How could Kanata and Haruka be seen so close to each other in public (as shown in the anime, not sure if similar also happens in the VN) if Kanata did not break her tie with the clan?

Well, I'd say the lack of closure on the family issues is a flaw in Haruka's route, looking from a isolated perspective. To be honest I don't think the Futaki/Saigusa family can cause any strong harm to the girls after they got over their personal issues and reunited with their parents, but there's not much information about them to trust completely in this.

Also, I guess there are more info in Kanata's route, but I haven't played EX/ME version yet.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Feb 17, 2013 2:41 PM

Dec 2009
Damn good episode, Riki is the man!
Feb 20, 2013 3:04 AM
Nov 2011

Discussion video, hope you guys enjoy listening to the recorded discussion :D
Feb 24, 2013 8:32 PM

Aug 2011
Aww after all that, she didn't want the answer! Well, I should have expected as much. I'm really loved this arc, very emotional. I was on the brink of tears during their confrontation with each other. The twist and seeing the bond between siblings was touching. Enjoyed seeing their parents at the end too.
Mar 3, 2013 5:33 PM

Jul 2011
Man, they blew through Haruka's route. I'm kind of bummed how rushed it was. The bench smashing scene wasn't nearly as good as it was in the VN, and the rain scene wasn't that great either.

I'll give the anime credit where it's due though: they make Kanata in a likable character by the end, whereas I HATED her in the VN despite the ending of Haruka's route having her be nice again. I attribute that to the anime really toning down the scenes where she is being a monster to Haruka, especially during the previously mentioned bench smashing scene, where I wanted to reach into the game and punch her face in.

The arc wasn't as good as Mio's arc, which I actually (surprisingly) really enjoyed in the anime. Condensing Haruka's route into just three episodes was a mistake, it definitely should have been at least four since it was by far the longest route in the game.

Edit: Aw, I just remembered. Haruka's probably not gonna be showing up anymore! That really sucks! She was the best girl!
Random45Mar 3, 2013 5:41 PM
Mar 8, 2013 5:40 PM

Sep 2012
^Pretty much agreeing with Random here. Haruka's route, which was the longest side heroine route in the VN, was only three episodes. ONLY THREE EPISODES! It was way too rushed, and that ended up making everything less dramatic IMO. The bench smashing scene, chiffon cake scene, rain scene, futaki/haruka make up scene, hell even the scenes with Shou all had less impact. Didn't have nearly as many feels, though I'm glad people who didn't play thru the VN seemed to enjoy it still.

I may be a little biased since Haruka is my favorite side heroine, but I had really hoped to see this arc adapted better. Oh well. It's not like it was bad or anything. Hopefully Haruka will still be around a bit.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Mar 16, 2013 4:12 AM

Jan 2011
This was great, I was amazed again but I didn't get emotional again. Everything lacks depth and you really need depth to make drama shine.
However, this is, without a single doubt, my favorite arc so far.
That preview made me laugh, I wonder if Kud will say more stupid things in the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Mar 16, 2013 5:07 AM

Oct 2012
OGHelios said:
^Pretty much agreeing with Random here. Haruka's route, which was the longest side heroine route in the VN, was only three episodes. ONLY THREE EPISODES! It was way too rushed, and that ended up making everything less dramatic IMO. The bench smashing scene, chiffon cake scene, rain scene, futaki/haruka make up scene, hell even the scenes with Shou all had less impact. Didn't have nearly as many feels, though I'm glad people who didn't play thru the VN seemed to enjoy it still.

I may be a little biased since Haruka is my favorite side heroine, but I had really hoped to see this arc adapted better.

I thought the same when I watched this episode. Haruka was my favorite route in the game also but in anime it got trimmed the most which is shame (I blamed that on the fact that her route has nothing to do with the Secret of the World). Too many things were omitted or dumbed down (listening to music in classroom, going to her home to search documents, that very important dinner with her parents, mopping the floor, more scenes where Kanata was playing her and of course - scissors in rain scene). Seeing Kud's route now I wished they took one ep from her and put it into further developement of Haru-chin. Or make Haruka route at least as good as Kud's one. As it is now, it is good but could be a lot more better.
Mar 16, 2013 6:50 AM

Feb 2012
To me, the anime made Haruka's Route just as good as Komari's route -_- was enjoyable, but didn't care about anyone at all
Mar 18, 2013 8:45 AM

Dec 2011
That was definitely the best route so far.

Though lots of people saying it was cut heavily, which is a shame.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Mar 18, 2013 8:48 AM

May 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:

Well, at least it's not like in Clannad, Tomoyo or Kyou special. Most of cutted things were from romance part, I think.
Mar 18, 2013 12:10 PM

Feb 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

Well, at least it's not like in Clannad, Tomoyo or Kyou special. Most of cutted things were from romance part, I think.

Yep every route basically just had the romance removed and replaced with Little Busters friendship.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Mar 29, 2013 10:30 AM
Mar 2013
What's the name from the Ost, which was played from 17:44 until 19:01?
ferhatt63Mar 29, 2013 10:48 AM
Mar 29, 2013 10:35 AM

Jan 2013
ferhatt63 said:
WHAT'S THE NAME FROM THE OST WHICH PLAYED FROM 17:44 UNTIL 19:01
NOW OR NEVER
GIEF NAME PLZ
SONST IMMA TRAURIK

It's called 'faraway' or 'Haruka Kanata' in japanese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwaMM8-djVU
Mar 29, 2013 10:40 AM
Mar 2013
Thanks alot! x)
ferhatt63Mar 29, 2013 10:49 AM
Mar 29, 2013 10:56 AM

Sep 2012
Naoki-Saten said:
ferhatt63 said:
NOW OR NEVER
GIEF NAME PLZ
SONST IMMA TRAURIK

These feels T__T
Mar 29, 2013 10:12 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
Naoki-Saten said:
ferhatt63 said:
NOW OR NEVER
GIEF NAME PLZ
SONST IMMA TRAURIK

These feels T__T

The feels are too stronk.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 3, 2013 1:14 PM

Oct 2009
Felt... rushed. Which sucks because I thought this had a lot of potential. Probably should play the VN.
Apr 3, 2013 1:23 PM

Sep 2012
Aurorae said:
Felt... rushed. Which sucks because I thought this had a lot of potential. Probably should play the VN.

Haruka's route was the longest in the VN and had a lot better plot progression and details, especially regarding the backstory with her parents, some intimacy with Riki, visiting her house and talking with Haruka's parents (not Saigusa Shou at this point), and the visits with Saigusa Shou were more naturally done.
Futaki and Haruka were both better represented in the VN. Futaki reaches the extremely level when she says Haruka were better off dead, pretty much to her face, and Haruka's telling of her own past events were less abridged, and more sincere. Also the part where Futaki disguised as Haruka was done much better in the VN. It was weirdly executed in the anime, and I felt like it lost some of its purpose, which was to emphasize that Haruka was useless, and that if she wanted to, she could disguise as her, cook and go out with Riki without Haruka being missed.

Definitely play the VN, and don't skip the routes just because you watched the anime ;)
Vladz0rApr 3, 2013 4:43 PM
Apr 3, 2013 2:00 PM

Feb 2013
Vladz0r said:
Aurorae said:
Felt... rushed. Which sucks because I thought this had a lot of potential. Probably should play the VN.[/quote

Haruka's route was the longest in the VN and had a lot better plot progression and details, especially regarding the backstory with her parents, some intimacy with Riki, visiting her house and talking with Haruka's parents (not Saigusa Shou at this point), and the visits with Saigusa Shou were more naturally done.
Futaki and Haruka were both better represented in the VN. Futaki reaches the extremely level when she says Haruka were better off dead, pretty much to her face, and Haruka's telling of her own past events were less abridged, and more sincere. Also the part where Futaki disguised as Haruka was done much better in the VN. It was weirdly executed in the anime, and I felt like it lost some of its purpose, which was to emphasize that Haruka was useless, and that if she wanted to, she could disguise as her, cook and go out with Riki without Haruka being missed.

Definitely play the VN, and don't skip the routes just because you watched the anime ;)

+1, the whole anime is condensed. they did a decent job considering the length of Haruka's route.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 3, 2013 5:18 PM

Feb 2012
So I really quite liked this episode.

I almost shed a tear at one stage, but interestingly, it was the flashback scene of the love triangle between Shou and the other two. I think it all comes down to execution for me, which is probably why I like KyoAni's adaptations a bit more; they just seem to have a feel for shot composition.

I also really liked that scene at the end when Haruka and Kanata ran to their parents, that was really sweet ^_^

And I love when they fade up into the ending theme while the end of the episode is still going, it's really effective, especially on the more final episodes.
Apr 3, 2013 5:52 PM

Feb 2010
My perverted mind wanted them to start making out when they were holding hands. I think the guy isn't even related to any of them, he's just there to protect the couple and their daughters. Cause you know if that's how it happened then they had a threesome and somehow the mother gets two sperms from both guys. Lol

Tasuku- said:

Lol, pretty messed up family for doing hurting these kids.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2013 11:41 PM

Feb 2013
MelbShaw said:
My perverted mind wanted them to start making out when they were holding hands. I think the guy isn't even related to any of them, he's just there to protect the couple and their daughters. Cause you know if that's how it happened then they had a threesome and somehow the mother gets two sperms from both guys. Lol

Tasuku- said:

Lol, pretty messed up family for doing hurting these kids.

Yeah it sure was the most realistic arc so to speak. It all seems so plausible sadly.
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- G-senjou no Maou
- Rewrite
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 7, 2013 1:38 AM

Oct 2012
So, what crime Saigusa Shou did?
Murder & attempted arson? Where the victims?

Looks up the sky so beautiful, I'm.. not.. crying T_T

Next is Kud's route
Lol @ Kud : I am Japanese stupid
"Signature removed"
Apr 10, 2013 9:54 PM

Oct 2011
Oh fuck, they have a really fucked up family.. :( Well, it's not clear for me if Shou is a murderer or not since they said attempted murder once, but it doesn't change the fact that the children didn't do anything.. I just don't understand why their mother and the other dad couldn't take the 2 children with them. At first the family held them back, but Shou said that he came into action after that, so there they had their chance, didn't they?

And I though Haruka had it bad, but seeing those scars on Kanata.. fuck. That is really, realy sad o.O I don't want to know which pain she lived through..
Too bad that they wasted soo many years without each other.. :/ I hope they really enjoy their time together now.
Apr 17, 2013 11:52 AM
Mar 2008
The whole drama sorrounding this chapter was stupid. Pinks hated each other for years when they could, you know, just fucking TALK and solve all the issues right there. And guess what, that's exactly what they did in this episode. Now I understand why all my friends say this series is bad.
And what's with Mio? She just disappeared in this episode, MC also mentions that.
Apr 17, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
draker said:
The whole drama sorrounding this chapter was stupid. Pinks hated each other for years when they could, you know, just fucking TALK and solve all the issues right there. And guess what, that's exactly what they did in this episode. Now I understand why all my friends say this series is bad.
And what's with Mio? She just disappeared in this episode, MC also mentions that.

I don't think you quite get it. They didn't talk because Haruka hated Kanata. Kanata always treated her like crap. As she mentioned many times, she didn't think she'd give her the information anyway. The reason they hated eachother (as stated IN THE EPISODE) was that the family beat Kanata consistently so they would treat her like crap. Because of that, Haruka grew to hate her. Kanata was afraid that they would kill Haruka if she didn't treat her like crap.

Also, Mio disappearing is a key plot point that'll be explained in Season 2.
Apr 17, 2013 12:16 PM
Mar 2008
Seano299 said:

I don't think you quite get it. They didn't talk because Haruka hated Kanata. Kanata always treated her like crap. As she mentioned many times, she didn't think she'd give her the information anyway. The reason they hated eachother (as stated IN THE EPISODE) was that the family beat Kanata consistently so they would treat her like crap. Because of that, Haruka grew to hate her. Kanata was afraid that they would kill Haruka if she didn't treat her like crap.

And now that they talked, they won't kill her anymore?
They're grown up, they could work out a solution together, but they both (well okay, maybe only Kanata) decided to act stupid for the sake of drama.
Apr 17, 2013 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
draker said:
And now that they talked, they won't kill her anymore?
They're grown up, they could work out a solution together, but they both (well okay, maybe only Kanata) decided to act stupid for the sake of drama.

Have you ever tried reasoning with someone who hates you almost enough to kill you? It's beyond what logic alone can do. Strong emotions don't listen to reason. It's not something you can talk out, especially by just yourself.

Also, Haruka has suffered years of abuse. You can't endure something like that on positive thinking alone. You need a mental pillar to support yourself so that you don't go insane. Haruka's family told her, day after day how worthless she is, how everything is her fault, how Kanata is so much better than her. She had two options: Accept those words which would be the first step to suicide or put the blame for her suffering onto someone, in this case Kanata.
Her hatred for Kanata became Haruka's pillar and Kanata realized that. Therefore, she kept up her act. Had she lost that pillar, Haruka would have also lost her will to live on.

That's why the situation ended up in a deadlock. That's why someone had to step in from the outside and show what's wrong before the sisters could take the neccessary steps to move on.

And about the danger the family poses... those two have at least more options now that they've teamed up, don't you agree?
Apr 17, 2013 1:08 PM
Mar 2008
Naoki-Saten said:

Her hatred for Kanata became Haruka's pillar and Kanata realized that. Therefore, she kept up her act. Had she lost that pillar, Haruka would have also lost her will to live on.

Or, she could just EXPLAIN to her the whole situation. Maybe not when they were little kids, but when they entered middle/high school.

Naoki-Saten said:
That's why the situation ended up in a deadlock. That's why someone had to step in from the outside and show what's wrong before the sisters could take the neccessary steps to move on.

I don't buy that. That happened because of harem:logic wherein MC has to be the hero.

Naoki-Saten said:
And about the danger the family poses... those two have at least more options now that they've teamed up, don't you agree?

That's exactly my point. In this episode Kanata explained to Haruka the situation, she understood and they made peace.
This conversation could take place years ago, but Kanata acted stupid for no reason and dragged it.
Apr 17, 2013 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
draker said:
Naoki-Saten said:

Or, she could just EXPLAIN to her the whole situation. Maybe not when they were little kids, but when they entered middle/high school.

1. Did you get bullied in school? If not, imagine you did. For years. Then, one day (while the bullying still goes on), the leader of the guys who gave you a hard time walks up to you and says "Actually, I wanted to be friends with you, but the other kids wouldn't let me".
Would you believe him? I sure as hell wouldn't. People don't easily believe those whose guts they hate.
2. Then what about the supporting mental pillar? If she can't even hate Kanata, what the heck is Haruka supposed to rely on? There's still pain in her heart. Should she just accept that she deserved the beatings since she was indeed useless, then go ahead ans slit her wrist?

draker said:
Naoki-Saten said:

I don't buy that. That happened because of harem:logic wherein MC has to be the hero.

Please play closer attention to the show. You are saying the opposite of what has been told in the episode.
Kanata confronted Riki, asking him if he just up and decided to 'play god', thus 'save' haruka like that. And Riki denied: 'There is no god here. All we've got in this world is us'. He didn't do all the work by himself and 'save' Haruka. He didn't dictate her what to do to reach a happy ending. All he did was offer her a helping hand and question her logic. What Haruka thought was "must hate" and "maybe SHE is the defective child, not me". Those were neither her true feelings nor would that lead her to any kind of solution. Yet she would never have questioned that if no one made her think about it.
It was Haruka who used that little support from Riki as a starting point and arrived at a conclusion that actually enabled her to make a progress.

draker said:

That's exactly my point. In this episode Kanata explained to Haruka the situation, she understood and they made peace.
This conversation could take place years ago, but Kanata acted stupid for no reason and dragged it.

The conversation would be pointless unless Haruka let go of her hatred. Haruka wouldn't listen to a word Kanata said while in pissed-mode.
Naoki-SatenApr 17, 2013 2:01 PM
Apr 17, 2013 11:15 PM

Dec 2012
draker said:
Naoki-Saten said:

Naoki-Saten said:

Naoki-Saten said:

You think it'd be easier for Kanata to tell her something when Haruka hates her so much? Again, she was afraid of the family and felt she had to do as they said and Haruka wouldn't exactly listen to her. It wasn't until Haruka had to come to her that she told. Haruka had to get over her hatred to get what she wanted. She couldn't do it before because she hated Kanata and she probably wouldn't have listened anyway. Kanata essentially told her "I've suffered more than you have. You have no reason to feel sorry for yourself". That's such a hard thing to say and from Haruka's perspective, there's just no way it could be true.
Apr 18, 2013 12:25 AM
Mar 2008
Naoki-Saten said:

1. Did you get bullied in school? If not, imagine you did. For years. Then, one day (while the bullying still goes on), the leader of the guys who gave you a hard time walks up to you and says "Actually, I wanted to be friends with you, but the other kids wouldn't let me".
Would you believe him? I sure as hell wouldn't. People don't easily believe those whose guts they hate.

It's her sister, not some random bully. It's a whole different thing.

Naoki-Saten said:

The conversation would be pointless unless Haruka let go of her hatred. Haruka wouldn't listen to a word Kanata said while in pissed-mode.

Seano299 said:
She couldn't do it before because she hated Kanata and she probably wouldn't have listened anyway..

You're just making assumptions.

This whole mess happened because Kanata kept acting stupid for years instead of trying to talk things out, aggravating the situation. That's a fact.
It's cheap drama (it reminds me of Kimi Todoke, which had the same issues: characters acting stupid for no reason).
I'm not going to continue this argument, that's how I view the thing and I don't intend to waste any more time discussing :logic: over a silly anime.
Now let's see if Kud's arc can get this anime any worse.
another_anonApr 18, 2013 1:45 AM
Apr 18, 2013 3:10 AM

Nov 2010
draker said:
Naoki-Saten said:

It's her sister, not some random bully. It's a whole different thing.

I agree, it is a different thing. But for the other reasons.
Haruka and Kanata were in constant competition since they were little kids. Competition which Haruka was constantly losing and thus getting beat up each by their family. Even when ONCE Haruka "won" (out of Kanata's consideration) she still ended up beaten. Same happened every time something bad happened in family, no matter the scope. At the same time (let's stick with Haruka's POV only), when Kanata won she was praised and got best clothes and toys and was treated like a princess. As a result Haruka started hating Kanata more and more up to the point that her hate towards Kanata was the only thing that pushed her forward in life.

Now imagine that object of that hate wants to talk things out and explain itself. How would you react without 3rd party interference? Would you let go by yourself the only thing that pushes you towards in life?

draker said:
You're just making assumptions.

This whole mess happened because Kanata kept acting stupid for years instead of trying to talk things out, aggravating the situation. That's a fact.

No, she kept "acting stupid" since she knew Haruka's hate towards her was the only thing that gave Haruka the will to live. Only when Riki pointed Haruka in right direction and Haruka let go of her hate Kanata could drop with the act and start being with Haruka as a true sister.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 25, 2013 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
Feels. 5/5
Shed a drop of manly tear.

I am Japanese stupid.
Apr 28, 2013 4:58 PM

Apr 2010
omg that was tearjerking. one of the best episodes yet
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Nov 10, 2012

396 by eblf2013 »»
May 4, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 6, 2012

760 by eblf2013 »»
May 1, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

307 by BritishBlitz87 »»
Mar 1, 7:40 PM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2013

200 by little_raven »»
Feb 24, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Little Busters! Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2013

167 by little_raven »»
Feb 21, 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.