Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2009 12:09 AM

Apr 2008
MiKu214 said:
fabrikun said:
T0sh1k1 said:
that was the best ep of the second season so far.
Totally agree
Absolutely.

Ditto! ^_^

I cried so hard when Keiichi had to die alone in the forest watching his friends run off. And then again, when Mion looked at K's blood on her hand and decided to follow his fate. Just when I was feeling really sorry for Rika, Keiichi grabbed her hand and told her everything was going to be okay. I lost it completely. T_T So good!
Mar 8, 2009 8:19 PM

Jul 2008
so everyone dies that easily? just when they seem to be winning, they get killed. well, thats higurashi for you
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 12, 2009 9:58 PM

May 2008
Well I guess that explains why everyone was dead in the school before and why Rena's hat was found out in the mountains.

Also I suppose that one episode is a good enough reason for the arc to be called massacre....
Apr 14, 2009 5:20 AM

Jul 2008
You can't use a gun in Hinamizawa, I almost felt like that was cheating. Takano no yatsu. But a very good episode, for a minute I thought they were going to crush fate and all that but then I remembered that it was only the 13th episode.
May 14, 2009 1:29 AM
Sep 2008
(8) and everywhone died again (8)
Jun 1, 2009 9:41 PM
Mar 2009
...Can someone please kill Takano? She makes me so mad D<
And Rena was totally awesome in this episode <3
I teared up when Keiichi died and when Rika got watanagashi'd like that ;o;
Takano's fail evil laugh made me really mad for some reason.
Jun 8, 2009 4:01 PM

Dec 2008
You know how they say there is a thin line between love and hate? That's how I feel about this episode lol.

The bonds between friends coming together was amazing. They were able to orchestrate everything as if it were a dance. The determination, devotion, and trust has "wow"d me throughout this arc in general, not to mention this arc has allowed me to love all 7 of our main characters.

I loved the fight scenes in this episode--I was waiting for some Bankai!Rika & co. have some moves!! xD Loved that.

Sooo...the hate part. I hate to cry. It broke my heart when Keiichi hit the ground, and then when Mion's body fell, I lost it. I cried until the end of the episode, not going to lie. Geez, it's hard to see any of them dying..you watch so many episodes with them, and come to love them so much, and bam they are dead (again >.>).

I hope Rena's words took a chunk out of Takano's ego. Rena was great. I don't want to say too much so I'll end this. I don't honestly want to hear about Takano's past, but I will be like Rika and push forward with this series haha :D I hope Rika can carry these memories over, and I am ready to see more Hanyuu! The rest of this series better be more uplifting though lol.

**Edit: One thing I am not satisfied with: When Rika starts over in a new Hinamizawa, are all the previous ones destroyed? If not, I guess all those bad things that happened in the past will continue to exist (including Takano's horrifying acts)--though, obviously, they are of use since everyone has been recalling scraps of memories from the past they can learn from!! Anyway, if Rika & co. conquer the new world, will it wipe out the old H's perhaps? I'm not making since ._.
chappytehrabbitJun 8, 2009 4:07 PM
Kagami: Whatever slackenstein, I'll see ya tom'w
Jun 27, 2009 4:40 AM
Apr 2009
First season was scare as hell. It was so scary that at night I paused player at went to bed.
Second season (and especially this episeode) not so scary, but very touching.
I cried almost every whole episode.
Jul 24, 2009 5:21 PM

Nov 2008
Super-late response. Watched it last year.

I cried. Seriously. I BAWWWWWed during and after this episode.

And that's why I love it. 5/5
Aug 1, 2009 1:36 PM

Dec 2008
In the episodes before, I nearly forgot how sick and violent this show was
broccoli ...*bang* ; (

lol the villains in anime always have a psycho laughing ... muhahaha muhaha

I wonder how they want to fill the 11 remaining episodes?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2009 1:32 AM

Mar 2009
That was an upsetting episode.. (Upsetting as in Sad :(.. ) But it was really good.
Even Though Takano is trying to darn hard to become Oyashiro-sama, by killing the whole crew & the innocent people in the school.. (Poor Rika.., Getting Cut open) >.<;

But it was awsome to see everyone team up and kick the enemies butts.
i give it a 5/5.
:D
ShinobiCJAug 5, 2009 1:35 AM

Aug 5, 2009 7:14 AM
Dec 2008
for some reason, i knew takano was behind this all
Aug 5, 2009 7:41 AM

Sep 2008
and i was thinking the whole time why this arc is called "massacre" when everything is going so well XD
this time not a single person survived, not even Ooishi. thats so depressing, Keichi, Mion, Shion, Rena, Satoko i Rika-chan :<
even though i know they will make through it next time it was still so depressing to watch them die again when they were trying so hard and at last performed teamwork.
the scene when Keichi hit that guy with bat and Rena with cleaver, and then Shion and Mion used paralizators was so epic :D i couldnt believe my eyes

one thing only makes me wonder, why the heck Rika was saying that she doesnt want to forget, i thought she doesnt forget anything, so what the heck was that? o_O
Aug 10, 2009 4:41 PM

May 2009
awful... I absolutely don't like what this has become... takano reminds me of some silly james bond villain...

also:
as expected, the whole blabbering about breaking fate for nothing, well, there's another half right, let's get this over with...-.-
Aug 12, 2009 12:28 PM

May 2009
Yeah, Rena is the best, without her they weren't come back to save Rika and Satoko.
Too bad that all died anyway, I thought that they make it this time.

ps: i didn't had to cry. maybe because elfen lied hardened me a bit^^
Aug 16, 2009 1:40 PM

Jun 2009
Even though the story arc had "massacre" in the title and there were 11 episodes left, I kinda was hoping for a conclusion due to the past 12 episodes of intense buildup.

I didn't cry either. I guess because it reminded me of the animal episode of anime comedy Excel Saga where all the dogs were carelessly sacrificing themselves while being chased by the pound in order for Menchi to continue her journey. So I was kinda rolling my eyes when everyone was dying in this episode.
I have no heart :P

But it did make me angry. That Takano totally broke the rules. So far, no one in the show has used a gun to intentionally kill in the other arcs. The arc involving the child kidnapping didn't count since the kidnapper pretty much gave a warning shot to the shoulder of the cop. Even Mion has a gun but hers isn't a real one. They've used a machete, tasers, needles, knives and a metal bat to kill. But Takano uses snipers, an army carrying machine guns and she uses a stupid pistol. And broccoli should never be anyone's last words...that was honestly the saddest part :(
Takano better die, or will that keep the curse going too??? Ugh...hate her...

Hopefully their next leap will be the leap home....
Aug 22, 2009 7:30 AM

Aug 2008
Moral of the story: guns don't kill people, broccoli does!
Sep 3, 2009 3:29 PM

Aug 2007
Ugh Takano is so stupid. I HATE HER SO MUCH.

That was quite an emotional episode. I almost cried when Keiichi was the first to fall. That was really epic. And Rena is so awesome. I LOVE HER.
Sep 13, 2009 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Am I the only one who though "Rena you're doing it wrong" when she kept hitting peoples with the backside of her hatchet? =P

Anyway I loved how she stood up against Miyo, bet that made her really pissed.

And I absolutely love Rena's laughter <3
It's way better than the normal "anime girl laughter" you usually hear, like the one Miyo made at the end, it just sounds hollow and fake.

Wonder how things will play out in the next arc now that they know who the true enemy is.
Sep 16, 2009 2:35 AM

Aug 2009
Dammit! I though this arc was going to last longer than this... They almost done it this time.

Well, I'm off to the next arc.
Sep 20, 2009 6:21 AM

Mar 2009
Dammit, they were so close, too! >.<
Loved how Satoko kept laughing whenever someone fell into one of her traps.
"Aw ho ho ho ho!"
:3
Nov 5, 2009 1:34 PM
Jun 2009
I'm kinda surprised Rena is so adept at the arts of billhook fighting.

I think that they should have included an awesome flashy super dope fight scene between her and Takano, where it starts off with Rena deflecting a bullet with the blade. Then Rena powers up using the power of "USO DA!" Epicness ensues.
Nov 6, 2009 4:59 PM
Jul 2009
best episode yet.

Are the others entering the new world as well?
Jan 7, 2010 11:39 AM

Aug 2009
Aa! That was an amazing episode and....I nearly cried ^^;; I did..a bit? XD
I hope this means that they will ALL go forth to the next Arc and work together! I really liked the team work scenes~
<object data=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> <embed src=http://www.stoppedxtime.com/MAL%20Sig/HTML2.html width="470" height="140"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>
Jan 26, 2010 7:50 PM

Aug 2008
The best episode of Higurashi ever! The deaths have more meaning than just mindless slaughter in season one.

And Rena is just pure win!
Feb 13, 2010 12:48 AM
Aug 2008
Wow. Amazing episode, probably the best in this season.
Got teary eyed when everyone was around Rika when she was about to die.
Feb 20, 2010 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
I wonder would everyone remind THAT Hinamizawa ?
Cuz they were at the other side of live, or however i could call it, they've seen Hanyuu etc.

awesome epizode, QUIZ TIME - EPIC
Mar 28, 2010 5:50 AM
Jan 2010
MikeOnHighway61 said:
awful... I absolutely don't like what this has become...

Yeah, not enough killer lolis right?

In other news, hanyuu is moe overload.
Apr 2, 2010 1:59 PM

Jan 2010
So that's why everyone was at the school when they died... I wondered why at the beginning of the series.
Apr 22, 2010 5:56 AM

Jan 2010
roses are red,broccoli is green...takano's a b***h O.o

i knew Rika will now win,but probably in the next arc she will :-),hopefully she will remember what happened here

and also Hanyuu will "play" aswell?:-)

btw,Hanyuu,what in the earth is she?:)

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 8:11 PM

Feb 2010
Wow, this is probably my favourite episode of the whole series so far. Crazy how it went from all "happy", with everyone fighting together, having the spirit to do it, to a very dark conclusion and then on to a hopeful and touching ending. This episode alone has raised my rating for the second season for at least 1 point...
I really wonder what the last, seemingly very long arc is all about. Probably this time everything works out, but well, it's higurashi, so who knows.
What I would actually really like to see sometime is an arc without Keiichi (Rika and Hanyuu talked about this happening only twice in the last hundred years of their timeloops)...
I probably regret this post by now.
May 12, 2010 1:04 AM

Sep 2009
So close...I hope Rika remembers this and comes up with some master plan.
Jun 1, 2010 3:30 PM

Jan 2009
meh. Bad episode. The worst of all Higurashi. This series can do way better than average unrealistic action crap
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
This episode alone has raised my rating for the second season for at least 1 point...
For me it's the other way round.
Jun 19, 2010 7:59 PM

Jun 2009
GODAMMIT, they were sooooo close.

Okay, so Takano had a gun, which allowed her to kill Keiichi and company easily...EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT MION HAS A GUN ON HER AT ALL TIMES...

WHY. THE. HELL. Does she NEVER use it?~
JrittmayerJun 19, 2010 8:28 PM
Jul 2, 2010 11:15 PM

May 2010
Ahhh Oishi finally dies lol
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 10, 2010 7:37 AM

Mar 2010
Takano that bitch..I wanna slap her.Because of her, we are off to zero.Now they have to be reborn, and remember, and fight and and and....It's getting pretty annoying.
Well, at least my questions are answered.
Aug 13, 2010 1:52 PM

Mar 2010
Takano thinks she's a god and we have to start all over! AHAHAHAH!
Aug 25, 2010 7:42 PM

Jan 2008
Satoko's traps proved to be awesome in this episode.

I hate Takano.

Psycho Rena's laugh for a split second. =D

Hanyuu didn't believe in it.
Sep 13, 2010 10:18 AM

Jan 2010
For the first time in Higurashi-History, seeing Keiichi die actually moved me. ;___;
The other deaths were different, because since Keiichi already died, I didn't want them to win this arc anymore, since there wouldn't be a Keiichi anymore, and if the world just started all over again, there would be a new Keiichi! 8D
(To think I didn't even like Keiichi in the first seasons.)

That was really frustrating though, for a few moments I actually thought they were gonna make it and live happily ever after! ;___;
But then again, it's Higurashi. xD I find myself enjoying the current plot a lot more then back in the first season when it was just lolis randomly killing each other off in the most horrible ways! ^^

I hope Rika keeps her memories. >_<
Sep 13, 2010 4:47 PM
Dec 2007
Jrittmayer said:

Okay, so Takano had a gun, which allowed her to kill Keiichi and company easily...EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT MION HAS A GUN ON HER AT ALL TIMES...

WHY. THE. HELL. Does she NEVER use it?~
You'd think she would be allowed to move everywhere with a gun on her? That's just a fake gun.

Oct 13, 2010 7:24 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing end to an incredible arc. The culmination of everything we have been watching since the first episode of season 1. I loved during the dream sequence near the end when Kei and the crew were looking down at the camera and saying how we need to partner up and destroy fate... they were literally looking at us the viewers

Takano has succeeded in taking the #1 role as most hated villain in this anime...

Now on to the final arc...
Oct 13, 2010 7:28 PM

Dec 2008
Jrittmayer said:

akromataof said:
Now they have to be reborn, and remember, and fight and and and....It's getting pretty annoying.
Well, at least my questions are answered.

memorieswithin said:
Satoko's traps proved to be awesome in this episode.

Psycho Rena's laugh for a split second. =D

Hanyuu didn't believe in it.

Yami-chii said:
For the first time in Higurashi-History, seeing Keiichi die actually moved me. ;___;
The other deaths were different, because since Keiichi already died, I didn't want them to win this arc anymore, since there wouldn't be a Keiichi anymore, and if the world just started all over again, there would be a new Keiichi! 8D
(To think I didn't even like Keiichi in the first seasons.)

That was really frustrating though, for a few moments I actually thought they were gonna make it and live happily ever after! ;___;
But then again, it's Higurashi. xD I find myself enjoying the current plot a lot more then back in the first season when it was just lolis randomly killing each other off in the most horrible ways! ^^

I hope Rika keeps her memories. >_<

Yeaaaaaaaah. All of these pretty sum up my thoughts. 8D

Takano, though... I'm still not liking her, even as a villain, and I don't care much for her laugh, either. Eh, she just doesn't make me feel anything but annoyance. Maybe a little anger.

I have to say, though, I freaking LOVED the massacre. (Was it worth all that build up, though? Eh, maybe one episode less could have sufficed.) THAT'S the Higurashi we're all used to, and the murdering was... semi-purposeful? If you count trying to be a god as one? *cough*Death Note*cough* But Rena standing up to her and telling her it was impossible was awesome. Love for Rena~

I was shocked when Keichii was suddenly shot in slow-mo.

And I don't know if it's just that I've not seen enough horror anime or action anime or movies in general but I kind of like how heartless Takano is. BANG! Shoots Shion. BANG! Shoots Satoko. SLICE! Cuts Rika. Bwahahaha. Without a second thought, without batting an eye. I love that in a good villain, despite what I mentioned before about Takano. Maybe she'll grow on me, eh...

And add me to the chorus of more Hanyuu's auuauuu and questioning exactly what she is! X3!

LONG COMMENT IS LONG. I am done. :x
Oct 16, 2010 11:26 AM

Jun 2009
Wow, but I mean I already knew this was going to end bad, I already knew it, even thougt I wanted with all my heart this to end well, anyways I have my hopes for the next arc!! This arc was really emotional specially this ep, the end before Takano laughing was great!
Nov 13, 2010 10:54 PM

Sep 2010
So close, yet so far away.
The deaths along in this episode makes up for the peaceful times in previous episodes.

Sigh ... isn't it unfair that the bitch has a gun? And lol the her laugh sounds like a rooster. Too bad, once time resets, you will seize to exist. HAHAHAHA ... bitch
Ok I feel slightly better now

Overall, this arc is still the best one for both seasons. All the questions have been answered. All that's left is to deal with Takano, in order to achieve the perfect ending. Now onto the final arc.

auuauu - omg the more I watch the more it reminds of Ayu from Kanon. uguu~

"Broccoli." Correct *boom

Nov 24, 2010 11:35 AM

Jul 2009
Definitely a satisfying end to this arc. Takano is truly batshit crazy which is always good.
Dec 20, 2010 9:43 AM

Nov 2009
Awe i almost cried when Keiichi died X'{ it was SO SAD! *sob* i think im gonna cry now D'X ... anyway im glad they made it that far! The sets Sataco trapped were awesome! and YAY everyone came and took them out! YAHOO! but stupid Takano had to come and ruin everything... hmm i loved the end how every1 came together as spirits in the end =D i cant wait to see how everything will turn out in the new Hinimizawa!
Dec 27, 2010 2:17 AM

Apr 2010
Takano is so annoying!

Jan 12, 2011 6:52 PM

Jan 2010
Dude one word....EPIC.

This series just got 10x's better in my book. Also, they made Takano such an evil sadistic lady. I hope they get her in the next arc
Jan 23, 2011 2:31 AM
Mar 2010
"What's gonna work? Team Wo-"
"Bang"
"Nuuuu, Keiichi"
Jan 23, 2011 4:33 AM

Jun 2010
Okay, so them beating the crap out of those baddies was kind of cool. The mysteries being resolved slowly; hey, cool, I didn't expect Takano to be behind it for a pretty long time. But for the rest?

Plain ridiculous. Never have I screamed at my screen because of the characters acting plain retardedly and "FRIENDSHIP: IT IS THE SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS". Takano just standing there with her gun as everyone gathers around Keiichi to cry their eyes out? If you'd had just pulled the trigger, things would have ended a tad faster.

I know I've seen a lot of unrealistic things, but this was just too much. I love how the mysteries are slowly being resolved, but the rest? No thanks.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.