Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jan 29, 2011 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
Now I know why it's called the massacre chapter, and after going through all the trouble with Satako's bastard uncle, at least I know the next chapter will finally end happy... right?
Feb 2, 2011 8:24 PM

Aug 2010
So close but so far.

Why didn't Shion use her gun? surely it could have been a little useful in the fight.
Apr 15, 2011 6:44 PM

Jul 2009
love the episode :D

will definitely play the game to see the difference :P
Jun 18, 2011 8:31 PM

Jun 2010
To summarize my thoughts on the last part in the most concise way possible...
BITCH!
Third time watching that, and it still sums up my thoughts on it quite nicely.
Ah well, time to rewatch, again, Tanashi Miyoko's horrible past.
Jul 1, 2011 9:11 AM

Oct 2010
soo close!!!!! man, feel sorry for them!!! but, hope that rika doesn't forget what kind bitchtakano is!!!
Sep 13, 2011 6:51 PM
Jul 2009
That was so freaking intense! Kai is far superior to the first season.

Apr 8, 2012 4:20 AM

Nov 2011
I don't think I have ever rolled my eyes this much before watching this episode; between the sacrifices, not killing the thugs who are chasing them because of...(I honestly don't know why), and befriending Hanyuu, whom they just met and all agree is partially responsible for their failure. Honestly...
Tokano is such a pathetic attempt at a primary antagonist and the attempts to make her seem ruthless and "evil" seem so artificial and bland, "oooh she shot a little girl in the head, she's the most evil person ever!" And that laugh...
Dear god, the set up episodes in this arc where the characters regained their memories really had me excited for what was coming. What a letdown....

except for Rena, she was amazing. Stare at death in the face and mock her where it hurts. That was good stuff.
AzureBluesApr 8, 2012 4:38 AM
Apr 27, 2012 11:48 PM

Jan 2012
Rena if I were able to transform in anime form I will marry you. So far the episode is getting good and fiannly get to where 'who' kills Rika and why. But the scenes where everyone are like ghosts kind of gives me the "ick" i hate sentimental friendship moments.

Overall... shit just got more interesting.
Jun 11, 2012 2:29 PM
Apr 2012
And they were SO CLOSE!!!! But then, if the arc is called "Massacre" and it's only episode 13...

So, what happens when a world goes sour? The first ep of Kai seems to imply that they continue, which would make Rika a very intriguing character...willing to doom entire worlds, eh? XD

I liked this arc a great deal, but it really lacked the horror of the first season. The mood was still extremely interesting, since it was clear from the start that everyone would die, but now that they all trust each other...just a different feel. Though the choppy memories were awesome. One arc left? Curious to see how this plays out.

Also, Rena is epic beyond words, but if I may offer some advice...in the words of Jon Snow, "Stick them with the pointy end!"
Jun 12, 2012 12:40 AM

May 2012
I'm sorry everyone, BUT EVIL TAKANO IS SO HOT! She wasn't even on my radar before as a character prior to this point. Becoming this insane calculating villainess has done wonders for her in terms of piquing my interest!

I'm really interested now in seeing how the main gang is gonna take her down in the future arcs. Of course that is assuming that this whole series has a happy ending and doesn't end up in some horrifying slaughter fest! But hey, either way is fine for me!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 24, 2012 3:24 AM

Dec 2008
Oh god, is incredible see that lyric of opening is for Rika-chan!
This one of the best episode of this anime, if not the best!
Jul 4, 2012 12:38 PM

Oct 2011
Please ... who can told me WTF happened in this anime ... why characters died and revived in each time !!!
Jul 5, 2012 1:06 PM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
Please ... who can told me WTF happened in this anime ... why characters died and revived in each time !!!
Repeated timelines. And I'm pretty sure that by this time of the anime you already know all arcs are different and that Rika is being revived and transfering her soul to different timelines.

Kitsunahren said:
And they were SO CLOSE!!!! But then, if the arc is called "Massacre" and it's only episode 13...

So, what happens when a world goes sour? The first ep of Kai seems to imply that they continue, which would make Rika a very intriguing character...willing to doom entire worlds, eh? XD

I liked this arc a great deal, but it really lacked the horror of the first season. The mood was still extremely interesting, since it was clear from the start that everyone would die, but now that they all trust each other...just a different feel. Though the choppy memories were awesome. One arc left? Curious to see how this plays out.

Also, Rena is epic beyond words, but if I may offer some advice...in the words of Jon Snow, "Stick them with the pointy end!"
Yes, the worlds she leaves behind are doomed and the characters that survive them are left crippled and scarred for life. This was actually addressed in the original Tatarigoroshi-hen's doujin where you are first shown the "disaster of Hinamizawa". You are told Keiichi was later on sent to a mental health institute where he died, presumably killed himself in fact but not before telling his story to a reporter (who died on a fishing trip a few decades later). SO yeah, all those worlds she left behind were broken worlds and Rika actually realizes her folly and how horrible and cold she's been during her last Arc (in the Doujin Novel anyway) which is part of the reason she decides that this was her last world and that she needed to save herself and not just hope luck would be on her side.
Leon-GunJul 5, 2012 1:15 PM

Jul 5, 2012 11:56 PM

Oct 2011
Leon-Gun

Repeated timelines !! I'm in episode 13 and that's not mentioned until now ... so this is a spoiler XD ... But yeah , i see that in each time Maebara dies the characters are revived and the story changes events
By the way .. I'm watching this anime without watching the first season ... is it necessary to watch the first season ??
Jul 6, 2012 12:04 AM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
Leon-Gun

Repeated timelines !! I'm in episode 13 and that's not mentioned until now ... so this is a spoiler XD ... But yeah , i see that in each time Maebara dies the characters are revived and the story changes events
By the way .. I'm watching this anime without watching the first season ... is it necessary to watch the first season ??
Actually, this is already implied by the end of season 1 when Keiichi remembered events from the first arc and Rika tells him the others can't forgive him but she can (implying she knows everything that happenned in the first arc).

Jul 6, 2012 4:09 AM

Oct 2011
Actually ... i'm in episode 13 in the second season ?
please ; what do you recommend to me to do : to stop and watch the first season or to continue ??
Jul 6, 2012 10:15 AM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
please ; what do you recommend to me to do : to stop and watch the first season or to continue ??
Actually, you "should" have watched the first season. The Adaptation is presented in exactly the same format and order the original Doujins from Ryukishi07 were released. The only "anime-original arc" is the first one from season 2 and even that one was actually done under request by the original author. Not watching season 1 means you didn't watch six arcs already, most of which set up the questions that season 2 answers.

Jul 6, 2012 1:12 PM

Oct 2011
Leon-Gun said:
loub31 said:
Actually, you "should" have watched the first season. The Adaptation is presented in exactly the same format and order the original Doujins from Ryukishi07 were released. The only "anime-original arc" is the first one from season 2 and even that one was actually done under request by the original author. Not watching season 1 means you didn't watch six arcs already, most of which set up the questions that season 2 answers.

ok , thanks ... so i have to watch the first season firstly.
I was thinking that the second season is a prequel of the first one like fate zero and FSN .
Jul 6, 2012 4:43 PM

Oct 2011
loub31 said:
Leon-Gun said:
loub31 said:

ok , thanks ... so i have to watch the first season firstly.
I was thinking that the second season is a prequel of the first one like fate zero and FSN .

hahahah ... OMG ... you know ... i'm so lucky ; i'm with coincidence watching on the first season!! ... I thought that i am watching the second one ... because when i was downloading the anime I enter in a second season thread but download links were for the first season XD
so actually i'm in the first season ep 13 ... hahah I shouldnt had to write here at all XDDD
Jul 7, 2012 10:01 AM

May 2012
Damn, quite sad but lets see how it proceeds!
Jul 21, 2012 1:11 AM

Jun 2012
i doubt next arc will be the "happy one" simply because of episode 1

btw now the question of why 20 people were missing was answered
Uiriamu_BusujimaJul 21, 2012 1:27 AM
Jul 21, 2012 6:22 PM

May 2012
Takano is such a bitch. I hope she finally does in this final arc. I hope this is a happy arc, as well.
Aug 3, 2012 6:53 AM

Oct 2011
_retro_reactive said:

How it's answered !!?
Aug 3, 2012 6:59 AM

Oct 2011
That was ridiculous ... seriously , how could children whom did not reach the age of 15 defeat more than 6 professional killers ... it was just a lot of shonen and fanservice :p
Aug 3, 2012 7:43 AM
Dec 2007
loub31 said:
_retro_reactive said:

How it's answered !!?
If he's referring to how some people went missing after the "volcano eruption" event during season 1, yes it was answered. The people went missing because they were shot trying to escape the mass murder. Since they were shot they were "disposed of" to cover up the use of firearms. In the game they actually painstakingly describe how the soldiers would count every single bullet used and look for them in order to leave no evidence behind. The bodies would then be separated between those "gassed" and those "shot at" and the ones who were shot would be disposed independently by the secret force behind the killing. We're also told that they went around killing possible eyewitnesses, hence the murder of Rena and Satoko's "heartfailure" in the first arc of Kai.

Aug 3, 2012 1:20 PM

Oct 2011
mmm .. that's make it clear ... thank you for explaining this
Aug 3, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2012
in short....i believe 10 tried to escape the schoool in one area and were shot down, 4 somewhere else, and the 6 from the gang....i believe thats how it was....lol i forgot exactly how it went down....btw i would recomend watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Special: Nekogoroshi-hen, because in the end you learn something big...although some dont see it :/
Aug 3, 2012 4:37 PM
Dec 2007
_retro_reactive said:
in short....i believe 10 tried to escape the schoool in one area and were shot down, 4 somewhere else, and the 6 from the gang....i believe thats how it was....lol i forgot exactly how it went down....btw i would recomend watching Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Special: Nekogoroshi-hen, because in the end you learn something big...although some dont see it :/
Yes, the Quarry as we learn in the game (yet are never told in the main series...

Aug 7, 2012 11:22 PM

Jun 2012
Leon-Gun said:
_retro_reactive said:
Yes, the Quarry as we learn in the game (yet are never told in the main series...

yes lol exactly
Aug 12, 2012 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, Takano is such a bitch. I almost cried when they were apologizing to Rika for not stopping fate. Too sad :(
Dec 23, 2012 10:16 PM

Jan 2011
Well, that sure did happen.
The ending scene though.
It was nice to see Hanyuu interact with others.
She's a good character.
Formerly gutsyGumshoe
Dec 30, 2012 11:48 PM
Apr 2012
What an ending... Takano achieves world domination through bio terrorism... Sheesh! Next world please, thank you!

Love the symbolism (the moth of death on their room)

I always cry when I see self sacrificing.. ;__;
What wonderful friends....

You guys are gonna make it in the next world!!
Jan 3, 2013 5:27 AM

Dec 2012
They died, they all died because of that Takano bitch! :( I almost cried when Reki was about to be skinned alive. Poor poor girl....>_<
Feb 27, 2013 3:21 PM

Feb 2011

YOU NEED TO F*KIN DIE
Mar 31, 2013 8:34 PM

Mar 2013
So some questions were answered again this time.. It would be awesome if everyone remembered the stuff that happened in the next arc, but that could just be Rika's imagination..

Also Rena troubled me when she said that Oyashiro-sama DOES exist.. I wonder what that means?
Apr 28, 2013 12:25 AM
Aug 2011
This is good but I don't understand how so many people can cry over this. Never mind.
Apr 28, 2013 11:00 PM

Sep 2012
Hmm nice I suppose. I give a 4 though.

Kinda reminded me a bit of the end of Sailor Moon. Not a bad thing.

How dare they not show anything happening to Rena AGAin. Did she not put up a fight?

I did like how they had there weapons, although they only did so much with them. They need to use their full rage!
May 22, 2013 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
I hate Takano! :X

BlueYoshi said:
I nearly cried a few times. Takano's laugh...meh...not what I expected. I really like Satoko's laugh for some reason.

Yeah!!! LOLOL. XD
Jun 25, 2013 7:41 PM

Dec 2012
Ugh this episode tore my heart out omfg, who would've thought Takano was behind everything the entire time!? Really hope Rika remembers so she can kick her fucking ass in the next arc!
Jul 31, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Too bad they all died. But at least, there is a restart.
Aug 10, 2013 4:45 PM

May 2013
This episode was really sad, but I was glad to see that Rika and Hanyuu are not alone anymore.

I really hate Takano now.
Aug 16, 2013 2:14 AM

Jun 2011
Uchihafan25 said:
I'm sorry everyone, BUT EVIL TAKANO IS SO HOT! She wasn't even on my radar before as a character prior to this point. Becoming this insane calculating villainess has done wonders for her in terms of piquing my interest!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way xD
She looks too hot in black :O
Aug 21, 2013 12:35 AM

Feb 2011
Takana is sooooo dead. I truly hope she suffers in the next arc.
Oct 4, 2013 4:17 PM

Aug 2013
ikazuuyr said:
Uchihafan25 said:
I'm sorry everyone, BUT EVIL TAKANO IS SO HOT! [...]
I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way xD
She looks too hot in black :O
I agree that Takano looks hot in that black dress, but I still can't stand her behavior and the way she speaks in general, from the start. In fact, I would rather take the bat-shit crazy version of Shion than any version of Takano I've seen so far...
However, realistically speaking, I would go for Mion, knowing that:
  • she can be dead serious and intelligent (e.g., when she's talking about Sonozaki family issues)
  • but she's not afraid to become more extreme when necessary.
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Oct 14, 2013 5:30 PM
Feb 2013
Damn you Takano, YOU RUIN EVERYTHING!!! >:O

Great episode, nice to see the group kicking ass for a little bit. I hope we'll see more of that in next couple of episodes.
Nov 17, 2013 7:51 PM

Jun 2013
I hope next time Takano gets chopped by Rena's cleaver! Please!!!
Dec 23, 2013 8:40 AM

Dec 2012
The power of friendship was strong in this episode. I really enjoyed the teamwork and Rena's banter with Takano. Hehe "U MAD TAKANO?"
Feb 25, 2014 7:32 AM

Jan 2009
1. Seeing rena with dat cleaver is freaky

2. No mercy for shion at all… at all…

3. Takano giving satako dat 'quiz' right before shooting her face was past brutal.

4. Hopefully rika will remember that takano is da bitch in the next life

10/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Mar 24, 2014 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
man this ep was just so much win finally the gang is working together was a shame that everybody died though. Next arc i hope takano gets the crapped kicked out of her
Yo
Apr 22, 2014 7:39 AM

Jun 2011
Laughed at how stupid it seems to be. Now, a God complex, huh?

>Takano shot Keiichi, but didn't try to shoot the other girls when they were there talking to the dying Keiichi.
> Yamainu must be nothing special, they let 2 kids escaped their house (hey why not surround it?), they were beaten by kids (some pro they are).
> Rika fell down, that was so.. expected.. -.- Her "Satoko, run away! You will be killed as well" uhm, if Rika dies, everyone dies, so.. I guess that doesn't make much sense, huh?
> Rika would rather spend time thinking instead of getting up from the ground and run away, and that would not have mattered if it happened in a second, but the scene was switched to Yamainu worker running toward them, which means, real time passes as she was thinking, instead of trying to actually run away. -.-
> Rena just "felt" some sort of presence, oh shit, she can sense the "Ki" of those people, how about a kamehameha wave next?
> When they were running away, and of course beating those Yamainu guys, they were treating this as a game, or it seems to be. No real sense of urgency, nothing, no shit.
> Mion, while they were running away from the Yamainu, she suddenly stopped to waste some time pull the "sacrificial hero"/"distraction" stunt, uhm wut?
> What the hell happened in the other realm? How could Keiichi and the gang be there as well? Why now? What made that happen? I hope it would get answered later, other than just dismissing it as "you know, things happen". So now they know about Hanyuu? Shouldn't they be more surprised or puzzled? Whatever.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.