Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 24, 2020 12:21 PM

Apr 2013
So why would Rika not take her memories of Takano being the enemy to the next reset? I thought she remembers everything she lived though, I mean else every time she whould make the same decisions if she wouldn't know any better and couldn't predict the future. Looks like next episode we'll get the Takano backstory, huh...
Oct 27, 2020 8:38 AM
Oct 2019
The end of Minagoroshi-hen, this episode full of intense 🔥

Omg fcking Takano Miyo want to be Oyashiro-sama 😱

And with the memories of this arc we goes into the final arc Matsuribayashi-hen

Hopefully Rika-chan and the rest remember 🤞
Oct 30, 2020 12:10 PM

Feb 2020
wow.. what an episode..

so this time, rika could still have her memory in the next world? and there's a possibility of everyone else also having it?

takano.. chill please
Nov 9, 2020 4:10 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Ah, Takano Miyo, a sole killer, the mastermind. Her role really appreciated by me. Its right when i said before that her as Oyashiro-sama was undeniable. She really brought the death to all of the peoples as she proclaims herself as Oyashiro-sama. Lol. Just one thing correct over so much happening before. And this expanding the issues of the great disaster as a gas leak from mountain, actually its just a massacre came from Yamainu. They were using a gas that poisoned everyone in one place; school, and killed the peoples that tried hard to escape. Oh, well, such a shit ending, and i expect this to happen. Unfortunately, these episode was less gore than i thought. But, Takano's laugh at least gave me a little chill after an intensed moments she already launched to the peoples of Hinamizawa....

Okay, the new arc seems a bit strange. Hmm. They were bringing Takano Miyo past first. I feel a dark history of her too, there. Well, a justification moment for her before an atonement? Okay, then, no complain for me. Lets go to uncover her hectic past!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 16, 2020 6:20 PM

Nov 2012
Takano going to such lengths just cause she has a god complex seems a bit absurd. There has to more to her, next episode's preview already shown that her backstory will be explored so that should give her more depth.

Also in a sense ain't Takano just a figurehead for the Tokyo organization? So her getting killed wouldn't exactly prevent another disaster from happening when she could easily be replaced with another person.
Nov 19, 2020 3:29 AM

Oct 2016
Amazing episode, I can't say it's my favorite since I have loved every episode so far so, fuck lmao. Though objectively speaking that was definitely one of the best episodes if not the best episode of the series so far.

I got shookt when Keiichi got shot by Takano, that is one merciless bitch. I fucking loved Rena standing up to Takano though, she really pushed all her buttons.

Au au, looks like next episode is a new arc and it will start with Takano's backstory let's fucking go.
Nov 21, 2020 3:14 AM

Feb 2017
I can accept the disease making everyone go crazy but Takano being a cartoon villain better also get some explanation since that was absurd.

This season has been a lot more straightforward/cliche — hoping the last arc is a stronger resolution. It’s rather long, so I hope there’s some good content in there.
Dec 9, 2020 11:08 PM

Nov 2018
I like this series a lot , but why the hell Takano acts like some cliche psychopath antagonist?Wasn't wiping out Hinamizawa people their only mission? What is this becoming a new Oyashiro-sama speech and psychotic laugh about???
I hate everyone equally
Feb 22, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2015
Wow, 2021 and I'm watching this freaking anime for 1st time...
Many facts were explained, but I feel sorry for Rika and friends T__T
Takano is very cruel, I hate her.

I wish a happy end next.
Oct 8, 2021 2:00 AM
Oct 2021
i can't stop laughing about takano's ending evil laugh- it sounds so funny like her voice cracked and she sounds like she's singing-laughing XDDD
Dec 17, 2021 4:48 AM
Jul 2021
takano wants to be a god but this episode was brutal killing the main cast and the whole village with gas and what was with that laugh at the end
Dec 21, 2021 9:27 PM

Aug 2020
Oh well, onto the next arc.

As cliche as it sounds, the power of friendship is what will end this nightmare.

It seems like Rika does remember past time loops, but does not have any recollection of the day of her death.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 7, 2022 10:47 AM
Nov 2020
This arc was a huge 10/10.
So many things were answered and many things made sense.
We found out the reason why takano always knew a lot about hinamizawa rituals and why tomitake always died.Also i didnt expected Irie to be also a bit involved with the bio weapon stuff.
Every character was extremely likeable and damn that laugh at the end was cold.
Jul 16, 2022 11:32 AM

May 2016
They sure put up a great fight but against a gun humans never had a chance.
Aug 23, 2022 2:57 PM

Mar 2019
Are they about to materialise ghost ganyu into existence??? That would actually be hilarious.
OωO
May 26, 2023 1:24 AM
Oct 2022
I've seen a lot of anime in my time, and that execution has to be one of the most tragic scenes I've seen to date. It felt like a personal attack rather than something you watch from an observer's perspective.
As a result, I legit feel mad for the main cast and heartbroken over the affair. Meaning the writers and animators did their job superbly. 10/10.
Evoking such a strong empathic response from moving pictures is an impressive feat.

I wasn't expecting such a rollercoaster when I started this series; I thought it would just be unhinged people going on murder sprees. I'm glad I was wrong.
ChrisDCMay 26, 2023 1:31 AM
Mar 14, 4:06 PM
Jan 2024
The last few episodes of this arc were getting a little generic and predictable.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.